Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread # 3

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Re: NBA Trade Thread # 3 

Post#641 » by StunnerKO » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:06 pm

It’s crazy cuz Porzingis isn’t playing it’s just durability if we did trade for him I’ll prob wanna ditch Lauri and Otto and a future protected 1st than Carter . Maybe something like this Image

And I think we would still have money to add a FA I think but I get it because production there and not durability
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,654

Post#642 » by sco » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:11 pm

chefo wrote:
StunnerKO wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

I'd send WCJ, Otto and a 1st or two and not think twice. They're going easy on him with the minutes and dude just came back... and he's already at 25 & 10 per 36, with a 58% TS%, just getting his wind back. Before he went down in the bubble, he was absolutely crushing it, AD-style.

When he gets his rhythm back, dude can easily remain a 21 & 8 player on O, but more importantly when he's healthy, he changes a lot of shots on D. Yeah, I read the article his legs are now so stiff he can't guard a chair any more. He'll get better--he didn't have a career ending injury. Our drop coverage may actually work with a long and fairly mobile 7'3 manning the middle.

Replacing WCJ with an anchor with legit size who can also give you 25 given night AND stretches the floor when necessary? Sure, I'll take that.

First of all, I'm sure Dallas is hoping to get a "star" in return. His contract has 3 more seasons on it for about $33M/yr. IMO, he is a better and more fragile version of Lauri. Guys his size are fools gold, IMO, as he may help you for 2/3 of a season and then have an injury and your team's season is over...you almost have to hope he gets injured early enough in the season, for enough of the season, that he can be back for the playoffs and contribute then. Pass.
:clap:
erlim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,050

Post#643 » by erlim » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:17 pm

sco wrote:
chefo wrote:
StunnerKO wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

I'd send WCJ, Otto and a 1st or two and not think twice. They're going easy on him with the minutes and dude just came back... and he's already at 25 & 10 per 36, with a 58% TS%, just getting his wind back. Before he went down in the bubble, he was absolutely crushing it, AD-style.

When he gets his rhythm back, dude can easily remain a 21 & 8 player on O, but more importantly when he's healthy, he changes a lot of shots on D. Yeah, I read the article his legs are now so stiff he can't guard a chair any more. He'll get better--he didn't have a career ending injury. Our drop coverage may actually work with a long and fairly mobile 7'3 manning the middle.

Replacing WCJ with an anchor with legit size who can also give you 25 given night AND stretches the floor when necessary? Sure, I'll take that.

First of all, I'm sure Dallas is hoping to get a "star" in return. His contract has 3 more seasons on it for about $33M/yr. IMO, he is a better and more fragile version of Lauri. Guys his size are fools gold, IMO, as he may help you for 2/3 of a season and then have an injury and your team's season is over...you almost have to hope he gets injured early enough in the season, for enough of the season, that he can be back for the playoffs and contribute then. Pass.

Yeah like Yao broke down every year like clockwork.
gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#644 » by gobullschi » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:54 pm

erlim wrote:
sco wrote:
chefo wrote:

I would pass on KP. He’s a great player but if the Bulls are going to move draft picks and young talent for a guy, he needs to be available.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,266

Post#645 » by kodo » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:19 pm

erlim wrote:
aguifs wrote:Lauri is the guy out...

If you have a good offer for him, you do it.

I don’t think anybody is going to offer us any fair return.

Agreed value is low. Fair return is not much, because you can get Lauri without trading anything in a few months. So the only thing the Bulls are trading are Lauri's services for right now this moment...and he's not even capable of playing right now this moment.

Lauri can be an amazing player and there still isn't much value to trade.
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#646 » by gobullschi » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:34 pm

The Bulls have been playing well without Markkanen and it’s time to move on. I like him as a player but he doesn’t fit well with a Coby/LaVine backcourt.

Lauri Markkanen & Chandler Hutchison
for
Jaden McDaniels & 2021 1st (top 10 protected)

Jaden McDaniels has some potential and the 2021 draft has a bunch of hybrid forwards that I’d rather have the new player development staff get their hands on while preserving the cap space.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,543

Post#647 » by Andi Obst » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:45 pm

gobullschi wrote:The Bulls have been playing well without Markkanen and it’s time to move on. I like him as a player but he doesn’t fit well with a Coby/LaVine backcourt.

for

Jaden McDaniels has some potential and the 2021 draft has a bunch of hybrid forwards that I’d rather have the new player development staff get their hands on while preserving the cap space.

I wouldn’t even consider McDaniels for Lauri straight up if I were them. Then again, they are the Wolves, so who knows what they will or won’t do.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,903

Post#648 » by weneeda2guard » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:05 pm

No way in H.E triple hockey sticks do i want to go anywhere near some dam Porzingis. That is a "out for for remainder of the season" trade. No way I give up anything significant for him.

At most it's a Dallas getting from under that money kind of deal. Dallas would have to include some picks for us to do it.

Would rather trade for Drummond
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#649 » by gobullschi » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:11 pm

Little Nathan wrote:
gobullschi wrote:The Bulls have been playing well without Markkanen and it’s time to move on. I like him as a player but he doesn’t fit well with a Coby/LaVine backcourt.

for

I wouldn’t even consider McDaniels for Lauri straight up if I were them. Then again, they are the Wolves, so who knows what they will or won’t do.

Sorry I meant Jalen McDaniels on the Hornets. He’s Jaden McDaniels older brother. :banghead:

I think you are underrating Lauri Markkanen because he’s out with an injury. Before he was hurt, he was playing at a much higher level than last year.

This deal assumes Markkanen returns and picks up where he left off until the trade deadline.
mack2354
Pro Prospect
And1: 526

Post#650 » by mack2354 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:14 pm

gobullschi wrote:
erlim wrote:
sco wrote:First of all, I'm sure Dallas is hoping to get a "star" in return. His contract has 3 more seasons on it for about $33M/yr. IMO, he is a better and more fragile version of Lauri. Guys his size are fools gold, IMO, as he may help you for 2/3 of a season and then have an injury and your team's season is over...you almost have to hope he gets injured early enough in the season, for enough of the season, that he can be back for the playoffs and contribute then. Pass.

I would pass on KP. He’s a great player but if the Bulls are going to move draft picks and young talent for a guy, he needs to be available.
I wouldn't trade any picks for KP but Lauri and OPJ plus whatever small pieces needed to make salaries work makes sense to me.

They Dallas gets out of KP's contract by getting 2 expiring contracts. Maybe they keep 1 or both at a discount if they prove to be a good fit the second half of the season. If they don't fit then they have Cap space to go after a side kick in Free Agency for Luka.

For us we get an actual second Center on the roster rather than playing our scrubs or an undersized Thad at C. When Healthy KP is a beast. We are already probably a 7th/8th seed without KP and with Lauri/OPJ sidelined. With KP we probably get bumped up to 4th best in the East. Some growth from PWill and we become interesting. The only thing we risk is cap space which majority of this board feel we can't attract Free Agents anyway so why not.

Sent from my SM-J337T using RealGM mobile app
DroseReturnChi
RealGM
And1: 3,142

Post#651 » by DroseReturnChi » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:25 pm

StunnerKO wrote:It’s crazy cuz Porzingis isn’t playing it’s just durability if we did trade for him I’ll prob wanna ditch Lauri and Otto and a future protected 1st than Carter .

Top 5 pick is crazy for a lottery team KP could be more injury prone than Porter. Not giving any 1sts for KP rather keep Lauri.

AK needs to wake up on what he wants to do. If he wants a short championship window, you build around Lavine, thad, sato and see if you can attract max FAs by acquiring Grant, Oladipo, Lonzo. If he wants to retool, you need to sell veterans for 1st ASAP and tank for Cade. This yr they already messed up the tank cant go back. If AK does nothing due to evaluation, thats gar pax 2.0.
Doncic will be goat. Lauri will be his sidekick.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,543

Post#652 » by Andi Obst » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:28 pm

gobullschi wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:

for

Sorry I meant Jalen McDaniels on the Hornets. He’s Jaden McDaniels older brother. :banghead:

I think you are underrating Lauri Markkanen because he’s out with an injury. Before he was hurt, he was playing at a much higher level than last year.

This deal assumes Markkanen returns and picks up where he left off until the trade deadline.

Oh Jalen makes more sense. I like the Hornets fit better too. Still think Charlotte wouldn’t give up that pick, but it’s a lot closer.

Re: Jaden. I just really like him as a prospect and you got so much team control with him that I wouldn’t give that up for an uncertain future with Lauri. The fit in Minnesota is also terrible, but that’s meaningless now because you didn’t even mean them.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
mtron32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,997

Post#653 » by mtron32 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:42 pm

For KP I wouldn't bother unless they want to take Lauri and Otto plus Felecio, a first round pick for an ingury prone 7'4" forward isn't doing anything for us. If Vucivic weren't so costly I'd say go after him, that's the only center I'd move picks for.
qianlong
Starter
And1: 258

Post#654 » by qianlong » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:15 pm

Just think of other options for a PG:
Would you do K. Walker for OPJ and White?

Bulls get a starting savy point guard. He is definitely overpaid, and declining but I believe he is better than what we saw this year.

Celtics move Smart to the PG and use White as an off ball player.

Kemba is really expensive, but I believe he moves us into clear playoff team for this year, and more likable for potential free agents.
Ball don't lie
RoseTheFuture22
Veteran
And1: 404

Post#655 » by RoseTheFuture22 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:31 pm

Bulls get
Cam Johnson
Jalen Smith
E'twaun Moore

Suns get
Markkanen
Temple

Markkanen is a better fit for that Phoenix lineup that is starting Kaminsky right now and I think Paul would get the most out of him. Johnson is a better fit next to Patrick williams and LaVine than Lauri. Jalen Smith is probably asking too much since they just drafted him but I would consider replacing him with Kaminsky
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#656 » by gobullschi » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:32 pm

Little Nathan wrote:
gobullschi wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:

Oh Jalen makes more sense. I like the Hornets fit better too. Still think Charlotte wouldn’t give up that pick, but it’s a lot closer.

Re: Jaden. I just really like him as a prospect and you got so much team control with him that I wouldn’t give that up for an uncertain future with Lauri. The fit in Minnesota is also terrible, but that’s meaningless now because you didn’t even mean them.

I agree 100%. I was hoping AK could have traded for an additional 1st rounder for Poku or McDaniels but it never happened. Jalen seems to have a little less upside then his brother, but he still has good size/athleticism.
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#657 » by gobullschi » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:35 pm

qianlong wrote:Just think of other options for a PG:
Would you do K. Walker for OPJ and White?

Bulls get a starting savy point guard. He is definitely overpaid, and declining but I believe he is better than what we saw this year.

Celtics move Smart to the PG and use White as an off ball player.

Kemba is really expensive, but I believe he moves us into clear playoff team for this year, and more likable for potential free agents.

No way do the Bulls include Coby. I think they’re comfortable slowly developing him and dealing with the ups and downs for now. Boston might want to dump him for OPJ just to get out of his contract.

Kemba has a degenerative knee issue.
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#658 » by gobullschi » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:37 pm

RoseTheFuture22 wrote:Bulls get
Cam Johnson
Jalen Smith
E'twaun Moore

Suns get
Markkanen
Temple

Markkanen is a better fit for that Phoenix lineup that is starting Kaminsky right now and I think Paul would get the most out of him. Johnson is a better fit next to Patrick williams and LaVine than Lauri. Jalen Smith is probably asking too much since they just drafted him but I would consider replacing him with Kaminsky

I don’t think Phoenix would agree to dealing both Cam and Smith for Markkanen. Maybe one of them.

I’d hate to move Temple too. He’s had a phenomenal impact on the young guys.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,083

Post#659 » by MrSparkle » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:37 pm

Kemba's a total cap killer at this point.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,654

Post#660 » by sco » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:44 pm

Give me Smart over Kemba 7 days a week.
:clap:

Return to Chicago Bulls