Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread # 3

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,695

Re: NBA Trade Thread # 3 

Post#701 » by madvillian » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:12 pm

Indomitable wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:
Makes perfect sense. We have to trade all our expiring contracts for Ball and Drummond, so that 2 of our 3 youngest players Wendell and Coby can ride the pine or also be traded.

Putting the ball in 1 guy's hands and feeding the post is exactly what Donovan needs.

Nevermind the fact that 90% of our success has come from scrappy/quick 4-shooter guard line-ups with Thad at center..

:lol:

This really is a good point. Paying big money for an average starting center seems like an awful plan to me.

I'd rather try to play with no center at all.

Do people only watch the Bulls?

You can get him for a broken Otto because he is a cancer. He is consider lazy.

Drummond is a gifted man but I do not believe this team can make him work towards it. If we had MJ sure. He would not let you rest.

Drummond is a cancer. I would rather keep Lauri then sign him.

This is not a video game. His inability to actually give a damn is a big red flag.

Stay far, far, far away from Drummond. He is empty calories. I'd rather have Whiteside. Bulls should be able to get Whiteside for peanuts.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,639

Post#702 » by sco » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:15 pm

madvillian wrote:
Indomitable wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:This really is a good point. Paying big money for an average starting center seems like an awful plan to me.

Drummond is a gifted man but I do not believe this team can make him work towards it. If we had MJ sure. He would not let you rest.

This is not a video game. His inability to actually give a damn is a big red flag.

Stay far, far, far away from Drummond. He is empty calories. I'd rather have Whiteside. Bulls should be able to get Whiteside for peanuts.

I'd do Whiteside.
:clap:
gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#703 » by gobullschi » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:30 pm

madvillian wrote:
Indomitable wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:This really is a good point. Paying big money for an average starting center seems like an awful plan to me.

Does Drummond suffer from the same narrative that was placed on LaVine? Outstanding physical tools but he’s been on losing teams, isn’t overly efficient, and turns the ball over too much, therefore he’s an ‘empty calorie player’. Is that because the teams that he’s played on were awful? Maybe. It’s a fair question.

I think it ultimately comes down to whether or not a traditional center is a dying role in the NBA. I was in favor of swapping OPJ with Drummond to experiment with him, but otherwise the risk of signing him in the offseason likely isn’t worth it.
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,695

Post#704 » by madvillian » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:36 pm

gobullschi wrote:
madvillian wrote:
Indomitable wrote:Do people only watch the Bulls?

Does Drummond suffer from the same narrative that was placed on LaVine? Outstanding physical tools but he’s been on losing teams, isn’t overly efficient, and turns the ball over too much, therefore he’s an ‘empty calorie player’. Is that because the teams that he’s played on were awful? Maybe. It’s a fair question.

I think it ultimately comes down to whether or not a traditional center is a dying role in the NBA. I was in favor of swapping OPJ with Drummond to experiment with him, but otherwise the risk of signing him in the offseason likely isn’t worth it.

4-5 years ago I'd have been inclined to agree. But the Andre Drummond of 2017 isn't walking through the door anytime soon. Unlike Zach, who is still an ascending player it's clear that Drummond is on the downside of his career and the Cavs are looking to dump that bag on some sucker.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,406

Post#705 » by Indomitable » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:40 pm

madvillian wrote:
Indomitable wrote:

Great minds think alike. At least Whiteside actually use to care. Admittedly it was when he needed a job. But he is a great shot blocker and in this defense would cut down on a lot of those plays at the basket.
:banghead:
Indomitable
RealGM

Post#706 » by Indomitable » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:41 pm

[tweet][/tweet]
gobullschi wrote:
madvillian wrote:
Indomitable wrote:Do people only watch the Bulls?

Drummond became satisfied and has not evolved. Growth requires challenge.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,222

Post#707 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:28 am

gobullschi wrote:
Chi town wrote:Id' rather have Lonzo than Murray. I think Lonzo will sign the exact same deal Murray did too.

I like Murray a lot but Lonzo is a similar player and wouldn’t cost assets.

I prefer Lonzo also, but would love Murray if the Bulls front office didn’t think they could get Lonzo, then trade for Murray. The players are close IMO.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,899

Post#708 » by weneeda2guard » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:47 am

Don't know if this would work but an idea I came up with

3 team deal

Dallas gets lauri markenen, Wendell Carter jr Tomas satoransky and Otto porter jr
Dallas sends kristaps porzingas, future 1st rd pick
Brunson

Chicago bulls get Karl Anthony towns, Brunson
Bulls send, Lauri, Carter jr, Satoransky, porter jr 2 unprotected picks, 1 pick swap coby white

Minnesota gets kristaps Porzingis, Dallas future 1st, coby white 2 future bulls picks unprotected and a bulls pick swap.
Minnesota sends Karl Anthony towns
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,705

Post#709 » by BullChit » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:48 am

LateNight wrote:New Bulls outcasts pod - sounds like we’re getting through to Sabine - I think he’s gonna crack!

He’s dropped from “trade Thad for two seconds” to “he isnt untouchable”. Which is... closer to acceptable
Hahaha after his Jordan load managed for 2 years argument I think he has cracked in some ways...

What's the overall deal with him, is he a Mavs fan or a Bulls fan? Or does he just ride the I'm a basketball fan train.

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#710 » by TheFinishSniper » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:59 am

gobullschi wrote:
Chi town wrote:Id' rather have Lonzo than Murray. I think Lonzo will sign the exact same deal Murray did too.

I like Murray a lot but Lonzo is a similar player and wouldn’t cost assets.

Spurs dont usually do trades. At all. Specially for young players. Part of reason must be is they draft players they like and under any way or form are willing to part with them. Spurs dont believe much in NBA and it's business of trading players as transactions and they dont find it necessary at all in improving their team unless they feel they are hitting jackpot.

They are more active in participating in free agency or draft. But if needed they will participate as possible 3rd team for some pick rights. I like Murray but I dont think that kind of scenario is happening at all if Spurs like him. Spurs must really like someone on our roster or in draft in June to be willing part with him. And I aint trading lottery pick for him.
LateNight
Starter
And1: 1,449

Post#711 » by LateNight » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:08 am

BullChit wrote:
LateNight wrote:New Bulls outcasts pod - sounds like we’re getting through to Sabine - I think he’s gonna crack!

He’s dropped from “trade Thad for two seconds” to “he isnt untouchable”. Which is... closer to acceptable
Hahaha after his Jordan load managed for 2 years argument I think he has cracked in some ways...

What's the overall deal with him, is he a Mavs fan or a Bulls fan? Or does he just ride the I'm a basketball fan train.

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk

He said “Mavs-turned-Bulls fan”, which is the opposite of what a lot of other people have been doing
DroseReturnChi
RealGM
And1: 3,142

Post#712 » by DroseReturnChi » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:18 am

TheHrvReport wrote:Lauri, Coby and a first for KAT. Do the T Wolves accept that trade? Maybe an extra future 1st would need to be added.

no way. as much as i love pat, i will trade him, OPJ, lauri, coby, 21,23 unprotected for DAR, KAT which is the best package.
KAT age and contract is just a match made in heaven with Lavine. KAT has goat potential as an offensive player.
If KAT even became avg defensively, tempted to keep Lauri and pair them. Those 2 would be the new splash bros.
Doncic will be goat. Lauri will be his sidekick.
d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,310

Post#713 » by d boy gentleman » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:17 am

How about OPJ for Kyle Lowry?

I typed that and realized that there's no way Toronto does that deal
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
geraldwallace
Junior
And1: 271

Post#714 » by geraldwallace » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:00 am

PJ Washington for Lauri straight up?
Indomitable
RealGM

Post#715 » by Indomitable » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:01 pm

geraldwallace wrote:PJ Washington for Lauri straight up?

No thankyou
sco
RealGM

Post#716 » by sco » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:01 pm

Indomitable wrote:

No thankyou

1000 times, yes. He is a decent PF, but he is on a cheap deal for 2 more seasons. Fills hole at PF and gives us an extra $10M to spend on a FA.
sco
RealGM

Post#717 » by sco » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:31 pm

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/261624/Knicks-Considering-Trade-For-Andre-Drummond

If they do this, I'd go after Noel, who'd be a huge help for us. I'd gladly trade Val for him straight up. NY needs 3pt shooters.
Indomitable
RealGM

Post#718 » by Indomitable » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:49 pm

sco wrote:
Indomitable wrote:

No thankyou

1000 times, yes. He is a decent PF, but he is on a cheap deal for 2 more seasons. Fills hole at PF and gives us an extra $10M to spend on a FA.

I think it is Pat best spot. I prefer a 2 way wing. Ideally someone like Josh Jackson.

I would rather get Jackson, Delon Wright , for the corpse of Griffin. Otto and some combination of Lauri and Hutch.
sco
RealGM

Post#719 » by sco » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:42 pm

Indomitable wrote:
sco wrote:
Indomitable wrote:No thankyou

I think it is Pat best spot. I prefer a 2 way wing. Ideally someone like Josh Jackson.

I would rather get Jackson, Delon Wright , for the corpse of Griffin. Otto and some combination of Lauri and Hutch.

Getting Jackson and Wright, if we take Griffin, shouldn't require Lauri.
LateNight
Starter
And1: 1,449

Post#720 » by LateNight » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:47 pm

sco wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/261624/Knicks-Considering-Trade-For-Andre-Drummond

If they do this, I'd go after Noel, who'd be a huge help for us. I'd gladly trade Val for him straight up. NY needs 3pt shooters.

Yes, he makes some terrible passes and chucks sometimes - but Val has been one of our better playmakers and more consistent scorers.

I think that move might just create a new hole somewhere else. Not sure it’s enough of an upgrade to be worth it

Return to Chicago Bulls