Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread # 3

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Re: NBA Trade Thread # 3 

Post#81 » by gobullschi » Thu Feb 4, 2021 9:37 pm

LateNight wrote:
gobullschi wrote:
Kukoc-Lauri wrote:

Lavine is volume scorer that dont affect winning. White is worst starting point guard in Nba today. Even lot of backup pointguards are way better.

Enough with this dumb narrative that LaVine "doesn't effect winning". The problem is not Zach LaVine, the problem is that the rest of the Bulls roster hasn't matured/refined their games enough and/or they haven't been healthy. The Bulls second best player isn't as good as a lot of playoff teams third best player.

You're saying Thad Young isn't as good as most playoff team's third best player?

NO!...It’s Devon Dotson... DUH! :lol:
Kukoc-Lauri
Bench Warmer
And1: 414

Post#82 » by Kukoc-Lauri » Thu Feb 4, 2021 9:43 pm

Press like if you dont want to watch Coby White as pointguard experiment any more. He acomplished one thing if i am being honest. Coby White kills my will to watch Bulls any more. It is just so damaging optics to beautiful game of basketball, watching that guy supposed pg of the future dribbling in his leg and commits unforced turnovers over and over again. Painful experience, kill joy and excitement for game.
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#83 » by gobullschi » Fri Feb 5, 2021 6:38 am

Chicago Receives:
Victor Oladipo
Cristian Wood
Dante Exum

Houston Receives:
Coby White
Lauri Markkanen
Otto Porter Jr.
2021 1st (top 4 protected)
2023 1st (top 4 protected)

Victor Oladipo / Tomas Satoransky / Dante Exum
Zach LaVine / Garrett Temple / Denzel Valentine
Patrick Williams / Chandler Hutchison
Cristian Wood / Thaddeus Young / Luke Kornet
Wendell Carter Jr. / Daniel Gafford / Cristiano Felicio

Cristian Wood is on an extremely team friendly contract and having a phenomenal season at only 25 years old. I’m not sure what it would cost to pry him from Houston, but if the Bulls could get a package with Oladipo (bird rights) they would still have enough cap space to sign Drummond in the offseason.
Kukoc-Lauri
Bench Warmer
And1: 414

Post#84 » by Kukoc-Lauri » Fri Feb 5, 2021 7:22 am

gobullschi wrote:Chicago Receives:
Victor Oladipo
Cristian Wood
Dante Exum

Houston Receives:
Coby White
Lauri Markkanen
Otto Porter Jr.

Cristian Wood is on an extremely team friendly contract and having a phenomenal season at only 25 years old. I’m not sure what it would cost to pry him from Houston, but if the Bulls could get a package with Oladipo (bird rights) they would still have enough cap space to sign Drummond in the offseason.
This is terrible idea two first round picks in stacked draft classes alongside Markkanen and White for expiring Oladipo and Wood. Evan Mobley will be much better alone than Wood and there is possibility he ends up being number 5 pick in 21 draft.
DroseReturnChi
RealGM
And1: 3,142

Post#85 » by DroseReturnChi » Fri Feb 5, 2021 7:34 am

Victor Oladipo
Cristian Wood
Dante Exum

Houston Receives:
Coby White
Lauri Markkanen
Otto Porter Jr.

This is good trade only if Oladipo comes in sign and trade. One of the few scenarios I would pair Lavine and not trade.
The only drawback is you cannot get a 3rd star with team capped out so I would package Sato, Young, Felicio for a borderline all star someone like Derozan, Lowry.
Doncic will be goat. Lauri will be his sidekick.
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,947
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#86 » by MalagaBulls » Fri Feb 5, 2021 10:11 am

Cowley throwing sh** at the wall per usual. He thinks we might be able to getsomething of value with Lauri as the main piece going to the Knicks. Not sure what.

Read on Twitter
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,918

Post#87 » by RSP83 » Fri Feb 5, 2021 12:01 pm

I'm interested in getting Kyle Lowry here. I think he still has 2 years left in the tank to play at just 1 level below All-Star level (where he is now). I'd send Sato + Otto for Lowry + filler (McCaw's contract work using ESPN trade machine). But I'd only do this if Lowry agree to extend 2 years with a friendly contract.

Also interested in Drummond. Not sure what to offer. Or should we try to approach him during the offseason.
MisterRoy
Veteran
And1: 1,001

Post#88 » by MisterRoy » Fri Feb 5, 2021 1:30 pm

Victor Oladipo
Cristian Wood
Dante Exum

Houston Receives:
Coby White
Lauri Markkanen
Otto Porter Jr.

I think this only works if the Rockets want to rebuild, and even then I question them trading Wood. The dude is playing out of his mind right now, averaging 22/10. We know Oladipo wants to go to Miami, so he is walking unless someone convinces him to take cold and high state taxes to warm and no state taxes.

Not sure this flies.

Sent from somewhere you've never been.
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#89 » by gobullschi » Fri Feb 5, 2021 2:10 pm

DroseReturnChi wrote:
Victor Oladipo
Cristian Wood
Dante Exum

Houston Receives:
Coby White
Lauri Markkanen
Otto Porter Jr.

This is good trade only if Oladipo comes in sign and trade. One of the few scenarios I would pair Lavine and not trade.
The only drawback is you cannot get a 3rd star with team capped out so I would package Sato, Young, Felicio for a borderline all star someone like Derozan, Lowry.

I think Cristian Wood is your ‘third star’ in this scenario. Oladipo/LaVine/Wood. Plus, when Felicio, Young, Sato, and Exum are off the books that’s another 30 million available.

This deal would come down to whether or not Oladipo will sign an extension. Everything I’ve read has hinted that he wants to go to Miami, but if that’s not the case, a Wood/Oladipo package is high on my wish list.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,649

Post#90 » by sco » Fri Feb 5, 2021 2:15 pm

What about the following deal with the Lakers:

Lauri/Hutch for THT/Caruso/Kuzma

The $ work. I really like THT and Caruso and Kuzma might see a resurgence here.
:clap:
BeKuK
RealGM
And1: 834

Post#91 » by BeKuK » Fri Feb 5, 2021 2:42 pm

sco wrote:What about the following deal with the Lakers:

Kuzma could really become big here. I like this wole trade!
MisterRoy
Veteran
And1: 1,001

Post#92 » by MisterRoy » Fri Feb 5, 2021 2:46 pm

Maybe a deadline trade, depending on where the Lakers are at. If they somehow find their mojo again (12-9 record right now) I doubt they make any changes.

Sent from somewhere you've never been.
mtron32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,997

Post#93 » by mtron32 » Fri Feb 5, 2021 2:47 pm

BeKuK wrote:

Kuzma could really become big here. I like this wole trade!

THT would be the piece, Caruso good for backup PG and Kuzma for trade bait, I have no belief in him but he'd be good for a pit stop here.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,543

Post#94 » by Andi Obst » Fri Feb 5, 2021 3:02 pm

Lakers have no reason to trade 3 rotation pieces right now. They would be a significantly worse team after that deal IMO.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
mtron32
Assistant Coach

Post#95 » by mtron32 » Fri Feb 5, 2021 3:10 pm

Little Nathan wrote:

Lakers have no reason to trade 3 rotation pieces right now. They would be a significantly worse team after that deal IMO.

It's comical how every fanbase overvalues their offerings in concerns of trades. Lauri and Hutch do nothing for the Lakers
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,920

Post#96 » by ChettheJet » Fri Feb 5, 2021 3:21 pm

gobullschi wrote:
DroseReturnChi wrote:
Victor Oladipo
Cristian Wood
Dante Exum

Houston Receives:
Coby White
Lauri Markkanen
Otto Porter Jr.

I think Cristian Wood is your ‘third star’ in this scenario. Oladipo/LaVine/Wood. Plus, when Felicio, Young, Sato, and Exum are off the books that’s another 30 million available.

This deal would come down to whether or not Oladipo will sign an extension. Everything I’ve read has hinted that he wants to go to Miami, but if that’s not the case, a Wood/Oladipo package is high on my wish list.

Yes the deal is great if Oladipo signs long term, 20 other teams would give up more for him if they knew he was resigning long term.

But the huge flaw in the reasoning for this deal is considering Wood the third star, why would HOU send the Bulls 2 stars for a soon to be FA Markkanen, not yet a proven PG White, expiring Porter and a pair of protected future picks? They could just keep the 2 stars and build around them
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,649

Post#97 » by sco » Fri Feb 5, 2021 3:35 pm

mtron32 wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:

It's comical how every fanbase overvalues their offerings in concerns of trades. Lauri and Hutch do nothing for the Lakers

IDK, Lakers could use a guy like Lauri to supplant Gasol and give them better spacing in starting line-up. It would allow AD to still pretend he's not a C.
:clap:
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#98 » by gobullschi » Fri Feb 5, 2021 3:37 pm

ChettheJet wrote:
gobullschi wrote:
DroseReturnChi wrote:

Yes the deal is great if Oladipo signs long term, 20 other teams would give up more for him if they knew he was resigning long term.

But the huge flaw in the reasoning for this deal is considering Wood the third star, why would HOU send the Bulls 2 stars for a soon to be FA Markkanen, not yet a proven PG White, expiring Porter and a pair of protected future picks? They could just keep the 2 stars and build around them

Fair criticism. I think the reasoning of the deal is based on the assumption that Oladipo will want out of Houston and trigger a full rebuild. They’ve already acquired a bunch of future first round picks, so if they can get a couple more + 2 young prospects, they might be in a better situation in a few years. Getting Houston to part ways with Christian Wood will be the greater challenge.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,543

NBA Trade Thread # 3 

Post#99 » by Andi Obst » Fri Feb 5, 2021 3:37 pm

sco wrote:
mtron32 wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:

IDK, Lakers could use a guy like Lauri to supplant Gasol and give them better spacing in starting line-up. It would allow AD to still pretend he's not a C.

Lauri would kill their defense and his contract situation makes him even less interesting. I really don’t see the point for them. They’d probably prefer to waive Hutch, no way he’s a positive asset for them (or anyone, really).
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
mtron32
Assistant Coach

Post#100 » by mtron32 » Fri Feb 5, 2021 3:54 pm

sco wrote:
mtron32 wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:

part of me thinks Lauri would feast with LBJ assists, another part thinks LBJ would eat him alive and he'd be sitting next to Mirotic next year. It'd be interesting to see if Vogel could get him to defend though.

Return to Chicago Bulls