Image ImageImage Image

The Athletic: Carter Jr and White to the bench

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,711

Re: The Athletic: Carter Jr and White to the bench 

Post#221 » by madvillian » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:38 pm

IMO this was just shuffling deck chairs and the results would be about the same. So far so good on that prediction. Now you have Thad playing too many minutes, getting tired and trying dumbass ****, White is pressured into a primary scorer role, and Carter Jr is free to float around as easily from the bench as when he was starting.

Whatever, get better players. White especially looks to have taken this demotion hard, he plays with no confidence 2/3 of the time, and when he does have confidence it's usually a fine line between trying to do to much and just letting the game come to him. I don't know what to think about White. He looks more and more like JAG to me now. Bulls have a lot of just a guy types.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,262

Post#222 » by kodo » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:55 pm

Not much data to go on since the change, just 3 games.

Old Starting Lineup, Starters
NBA +/-: 24th
New Starting Lineup, Starters
NBA +/- 1st

Old Starting Lineup, Bench
NBA +/-: 2nd
New Starting Lineup, Bench
NBA +/- 8th

The 3 teams were missing key players so I wouldn't overindex on that 1st rating. Just in terms of direction, there was a big positive shift on the starters but there was also a big negative shift on the bench.

Agreed with madvillain above, to some degree this is just just shuffling chairs on the Titanic, we are still who we are. The personnel and minutes haven't changed.

(Interesting note in the constant debate about Lavine's +/-, he leads all NBA starters in +/- since the lineup change. He's +19, Giannis is +14.7 Lebron +16.5).
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Post#223 » by WindyCityBorn » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:32 pm

CaPiTanAK wrote:
StunnerKO wrote:Yea i think everyone is just impatient and want something h to happen because the last regime did nothing for so long with the pieces here . I understood what this season was , to see who should be here and who shouldn’t . Make the right deal you think is best for you not the other team , if AK has been approached and doesn’t feel he’s getting what he think his team needs yet then so be it . I think we really gonna find out what’s what next offseason with so much money to spend

Be prepared for major disappointment. The Denver Nuggets never made any big FA splash.

Denver isn’t Chicago. GarPax convinced Pau Gasol to sign here. Stars in Chicago become worldwide brands. Outside of diehard NBA fans who knows the name Jokic?
Kukoc-Lauri
Bench Warmer
And1: 414

Post#224 » by Kukoc-Lauri » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:03 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
CaPiTanAK wrote:
StunnerKO wrote:Yea i think everyone is just impatient and want something h to happen because the last regime did nothing for so long with the pieces here . I understood what this season was , to see who should be here and who shouldn’t . Make the right deal you think is best for you not the other team , if AK has been approached and doesn’t feel he’s getting what he think his team needs yet then so be it . I think we really gonna find out what’s what next offseason with so much money to spend

Be prepared for major disappointment. The Denver Nuggets never made any big FA splash.

Denver isn’t Chicago. GarPax convinced Pau Gasol to sign here. Stars in Chicago become worldwide brands. Outside of diehard NBA fans who knows the name Jokic?
In Balkans region litteraly everybody knows Jokic.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#225 » by WindyCityBorn » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:14 am

Kukoc-Lauri wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
CaPiTanAK wrote:

OK. So his homeland/area knows him as expected. If he was playing like that in Chicago people around the world would know and love him.
CaPiTanAK
Pro Prospect
And1: 435

Post#226 » by CaPiTanAK » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:35 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
CaPiTanAK wrote:

Stars in Chicago became worldwide brands? So what’s wrong with Lavine?

MJ made the Chicago Bulls, not the other way around. Rose would have been successful no matter where he goes.

An over the him Pau Gasol is the biggest brag right that we have? Lol
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#227 » by WindyCityBorn » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:19 pm

CaPiTanAK wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
CaPiTanAK wrote:

Stars in Chicago became worldwide brands? So what’s wrong with Lavine?

MJ made the Chicago Bulls, not the other way around. Rose would have been successful no matter where he goes.

An over the him Pau Gasol is the biggest brag right that we have? Lol

LaVine just made his first all-star game ad reserve. He hasn’t hit that kind of stardom yet. When the Nulls make playoffs and he continue to be recognized he will get the publicity. And it’s fact that players in Chicago get more recognition. One reason Melo wanted out of Denver was because of that. Never heard of Chicago player wanting to leave for a bigger market because there are only two. Gasol made an all-star game here so he wasn’t completely over the Hill. If we had that Gasol we would be in the playoffs.
Kukoc-Lauri
Bench Warmer
And1: 414

Post#228 » by Kukoc-Lauri » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:44 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
Kukoc-Lauri wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

OK. So his homeland/area knows him as expected. If he was playing like that in Chicago people around the world would know and love him.
There is one thing maybe that could draw Jokic to Bulls. Outside Serbia most Serbians live in Wienna Austria, Germany and in Chicago. Huge community there.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#229 » by WindyCityBorn » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:32 pm

Kukoc-Lauri wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
Kukoc-Lauri wrote: In Balkans region litteraly everybody knows Jokic.

There is one thing maybe that could draw Jokic to Bulls. Outside Serbia most Serbians live in Wienna Austria, Germany and in Chicago. Huge community there.

Yeah Chicago is very friendly city for European players. I remember Mirotic being very comfortable here. Lauri is too. I think part of reason Mirotic left the NBA was because he really only wanted to be in Chicago. Don’t think he like New Orleans or the other cities that were courting him in free agency. Or maybe most foreigners like the Bulls. Avdija wanted to come here too.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,649

Post#230 » by sco » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:20 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
Kukoc-Lauri wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

Yeah Chicago is very friendly city for European players. I remember Mirotic being very comfortable here. Lauri is too. I think part of reason Mirotic left the NBA was because he really only wanted to be in Chicago. Don’t think he like New Orleans or the other cities that were courting him in free agency. Or maybe most foreigners like the Bulls. Avdija wanted to come here too.

Didn't Niko end up in MIL? They have a big Naz...er I mean German population.
:clap:

Return to Chicago Bulls