Image ImageImage Image

Why Zach Lavine not taking over in the 4th???

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,549

Re: Why Zach Lavine not taking over in the 4th??? 

Post#21 » by PaKii94 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:42 am

Anyway, I will say even though zach has his struggles in crunch time still, it's vastly reduced from what we've seen from him in the past. That's a positive sign and a sign of growth.

In the past it was pretty much guaranteed zach was going to chuck up tough shots or turnover the ball. He's reduced his tendencies to take tough shots this year and try to play the offense. Unfortunately the rest of the team decides to hang on him like a crutch "bail us out zach!!"

This leads to him overplaying his abilities and that's when the turnovers rare it's ugly head. I'm confident zach will grow/mature into a better player in crunch time.

One thing I think he does need to take note of is working to tightening his handle during the off season and learning how to not get stripped on drives.
beeshma
Starter
And1: 1,797

Post#22 » by beeshma » Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:57 am

cool007 wrote:
Looks like Billy is trying to teach Zach and the team that everyone needs to step up and just can't rely on Zach to be a savior every game. This is why Billy was super pissed last 2 games with no one else stepping up to help Zach and Zach trying to find out who will help him out when the game gets too tight in the 4th. Looks like no one - other than a couple of baskets by Otto.

So Zach was doing what Billy wanted him to do and that's why he was not shooting many times in the 4th but trying to find cutters and when he did pass it, people were just afraid of shooting or just missed or turned it over. :banghead:

This explains a lot about Zach's post all star game behavior.

Maybe the takeaway is that the front office is nearing the end of their talent evaluation, and are coming to some pretty sobering conclusions about the rest of the team. After 4 years of rebuilding we have 1 keeper. :banghead:
beeshma
Starter
And1: 1,797

Post#23 » by beeshma » Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:00 am

PaKii94 wrote:People are stuck in the mentality that any critique of a players game == that player is trash. It can be true that Lavine is an excellent elite scorer and it can also be true he falters during crunch time. Overarching claims don't need to be constantly made

I've found that I can just not bother to reply to people who take the discussion in a boring direction.
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,549

Post#24 » by PaKii94 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:03 am

beeshma wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:People are stuck in the mentality that any critique of a players game == that player is trash. It can be true that Lavine is an excellent elite scorer and it can also be true he falters during crunch time. Overarching claims don't need to be constantly made

I've found that I can just not bother to reply to people who take the discussion in a boring direction.

Yeah I used to before but now it's easier for me to just ignore the in the moment hot takes. I'll have a ration discussion when it's warranted
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,707

Post#25 » by BullChit » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:53 am

PaKii94 wrote:
beeshma wrote:

Yeah I used to before but now it's easier for me to just ignore the in the moment hot takes. I'll have a ration discussion when it's warranted
I'm still at the type the reply up and then say "f*** it" and discard the whole message phase.

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"

Return to Chicago Bulls