Image ImageImage Image

What Will/Should AK do at the Deadline?

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Vote twice What Will AK do and What Should AK do?

1-AK WILL mini-tank (trade a vet to add a minor asset and lose more games)
2%
2-AK WILL tank (trade a core piece)
2%
3-AK WILL stand pat
29%
4-AK WILL add a minor piece (a guy like Rubio)
6%
5-AK WILL add a major piece (using our 1st and some young guys-a player like Vuc)
8%
6-AK SHOULD mini-tank
15%
7-AK SHOULD tank
8%
8-AK SHOULD stand pat
1%
9-AK SHOULD add a minor piece
13%
10-AK SHOULD add a major piece
15%

Total votes: 126

SfBull
Head Coach
And1: 1,698

Re: What Will/Should AK do at the Deadline? 

Post#61 » by SfBull » Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:04 pm

HouseOfLight wrote:Obviously they should stand pat. Absolutely no point in making any unnecessary trades right now. Bulls will be fine

Only trade I would maybe do would be Markkanen for Ball. It’d be a good trade for both teams. But even then, eh. I wouldn’t really care either way

There aren’t any interesting options at this deadline who are good/realistic trade targets

Lol@ Oladipo. Good grief, what a disaster that’d be. Wow.

I saw someone suggest Vucevic too. Way too old & a career loser. Horrible idea. Way too much $$ too

As I stated above, Chicago will be just fine. They’re in good hands, and as the 2nd youngest team in the entire NBA, they’re actually doing pretty well all things considered. WCJ is going to come around eventually. He had some nasty injuries that prevented him from really doing anything in the gym for prolonged periods, but once he gets his body right, he’ll be back on track. Coby will come around. Markkanen, I dunno, we’ll see, but hopefully he can stay healthy & stay consistent

All I all, there won’t be any major moves until after this season is threw, nor should there be. There’s no rush

I'm not sure you're watching the games .Bulls will be fine?With that roster?How?
I keep believing AK won't do nothing at the deadline but for different reasons than you described.I think he's going to stand path just because he doesn't have assets good enough for getting an upgrade over busts like Wendell or Coby and Lauri's trade value seems to be very low by now so I'm not sure what team would give first round picks for these players.
If you really believe the Bulls will be fine and nothing is necessary as this young roster will be good with time you can be in some delusional thinking.
Rose2Boozer
Starter
And1: 647

Post#62 » by Rose2Boozer » Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:13 pm

I wouldn't consider trading core players a tank. The Bull are tanking just fine even with the roster as currently constructed. It could very well be addition by subtraction. My guess is that AK doesn't get a good enough offer for Markkanen, Carter, or White. If I had to guess, Satoransky and Hutchinson will be playing for a new team this week.
ROLES & HOLES
SfBull
Head Coach

Post#63 » by SfBull » Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:14 pm

meekrab wrote:If we can keep the current starters and add Lonzo and Bamba for reasonable costs that would be a good deadline.

I'd be very happy with these trades especially if we could get rid of players like Coby,Lauri or Wendell.
SfBull
Head Coach

Post#64 » by SfBull » Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:19 pm

HouseOfLight wrote:Mo bamba is absolutely horrible. Like a truly wretched, useless rotation piece. He’s felicio levels of suck. Felicio actually possesses quite a bit more mobility than Him. Bamba would automatically be the de facto worst player on the Chicago Bulls were they to somehow acquire him lmao

Bamba would be an upgrade over Wendell.
SfBull
Head Coach

Post#65 » by SfBull » Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:25 pm

Red8911 wrote:I hope he makes a big piece move but I’m expecting a minor piece probably to get a center. Lauri is the biggest question, we will finally find out where AK stands on whether to keep him or not. If he doesn’t get traded by the deadline I’m guessing he has a high chance of resigning in the summer.

Hopefully not, resigning Lauri would be a big mistake.
SfBull
Head Coach

Post#66 » by SfBull » Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:55 pm

Kukoc-Lauri wrote:Ak would either trade Markkanen for Ball/Bagley/Toppin or keep doing what he has been doing in his tenure with Bulls and that is nothin,zero,niente and keep evaluate.
I would personally trade Lavine for Ball,Hayes,Alexander Walker and 2 frp Lakers,Bucks picks (realistically package in deal) or trade Lavine for Quickley,M.Robinson,Toppin,Payton and two Dallas first round picks(again how trade would look in realitty). I would trade T.Young for Jazz first round pick and Azubukie and trade Satoransky for Smailagic and two second round picks Gsw. Valentine to Sixers for T.Ferguson or second round pick, Hutchinson to Pelicans for second round pick. Possible Porter Jr. and Carter Jr. for Norm Powell and T.Davies. Porter Jr. for Horford.

Any trade you proposed would be an upgrade over we have now.
The Box Office
Starter
And1: 1,373

Post#67 » by The Box Office » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:44 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
The Box Office wrote:I would only do a Lonzo Ball trade in exchange for Markkanen by the deadline.

I like to have Vucevic, but Chicago and Orlando are terrible trade partners. Orlando wants LaVine in exchange for Vucevic. I have no problems with that ONLY IF Orlando's 2021 first round pick is packaged with Vuce. They do not want to do that so oh well. If I was Orlando, I would have done the deal because I'm confident that Orlando will not find anything better.

Zach for Vuc? An older worse player at a less valuable position. **** that.

You DID read carefully what I wrote, correct? I know you love LaVine. I wrote, "I have no problems with that ONLY IF Orlando's 2021 first round pick is packaged with Vuce. They do not want to do that so oh well."

For the record, if Orlando ever offered that, I'm doing the trade no problem.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Post#68 » by WindyCityBorn » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:20 am

The Box Office wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
The Box Office wrote:I would only do a Lonzo Ball trade in exchange for Markkanen by the deadline.

I like to have Vucevic, but Chicago and Orlando are terrible trade partners. Orlando wants LaVine in exchange for Vucevic. I have no problems with that ONLY IF Orlando's 2021 first round pick is packaged with Vuce. They do not want to do that so oh well. If I was Orlando, I would have done the deal because I'm confident that Orlando will not find anything better.

You DID read carefully what I wrote, correct? I know you love LaVine. I wrote, "I have no problems with that ONLY IF Orlando's 2021 first round pick is packaged with Vuce. They do not want to do that so oh well."

I still wouldn’t it. Vuc is useless here without Zach. Much like he is in Orlando. Might as well just say you want to trade Zach for the best package you can get and start from scratch.

Vuc and the #7 pick. Sounds awesome. /s
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,266

Post#69 » by kodo » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:31 am

Chi town wrote:Let’s say we are 10th seed due to record, win the play in, and compete in our first round series.

Do we get the the best non lottery team pick? Or do we move back due to winning?

From what I've read we are essentially a playoff team in all ways, so we wouldn't be in the draft lottery, even though our record would be 10th. This stuff is all so new though I can see things changing since nothing is really established.
The Box Office
Starter
And1: 1,373

Post#70 » by The Box Office » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:35 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
The Box Office wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

I still wouldn’t it. Vuc is useless here without Zach. Much like he is in Orlando. Might as well just say you want to trade Zach for the best package you can get and start from scratch.

Vuc and the #7 pick. Sounds awesome. /s

How do you know that Orlando is locked in to number 7 pick? Nothing is locked in yet until those ping pong balls are drawn. It's just speculations right now. Teams DO jump into Top 3 sometimes. You can rest easy. LaVine is not getting traded at the deadline. I'm 100% sure of this. You have the rest of this season to enjoy LaVine's time.
nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,891

Post#71 » by nomorezorro » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:15 am

i think he should do what's best for the future of the team :)
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#72 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:45 am

White, Otto, Carter and 2nd rounder for
Ball, Hart and Adams..

Ball, Lavine, PWill, Lauri, Adams
Sato, Hart, Temple, Young, Gafford
Arci, Valentine, Hutch, Kornet, Felicio

Thats good playoff team
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,707

Post#73 » by BullChit » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:05 pm

I hope something happens... I've been a member of this forum since 2010 and every year around trade deadline I wake up each and every morning hit refresh hoping for something to happen... And it never does end in happiness.

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,089

Post#74 » by MGB8 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:20 pm

"Selfishly," I want them to trade Otto and a 2nd for Drummond to kick the tires on him and see if they can make the playoffs - especially with the Raptors really struggling to find a rhythm this season and the Pacers as well.

But chances are that the best move, long term, would be that if a good value trade for Lauri emerged (and ditto for White, WCJ), to make those trade and basically give up on the playoffs (where the Raptors and Pacers are likely to rebound just enough to push the Bulls to 11, regardless).

I'd define a good value trade as being a 2nd half of lotto range (8-14) type pick for Lauri, a late lotto to late teens pick for White, WCJ (11-19)... where the non-difference in value is mostly due to Lauri's impending RFA status. However, I don't actually think that a good value trade for any of those guys.

I wouldn't necessarily trade Thad, absent a really good offer, because of the stabilizing influence he seems to have. The same is true for Sato, although to a far lesser extent. And neither would be "off limits."
Hold That
RealGM
And1: 741

Post#75 » by Hold That » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:22 pm

The Box Office wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

You grossly underrated zach if you’re willing to trade Vuc and a late lottery for Zach.

This board has an unhealthy obsession with first round picks. To the point where you’ll be willing to trade a 26 year old all star averaging 28ppg. Vuc is 30! And a big man who’s best years are behind him. What the hell type of drugs are y’all doing. No matter how you slice it that deal is a potential career ender for AK.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,312

Post#76 » by coldfish » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:18 am

What do I think the Bulls should do? I'm now pretty much done with the roster. Zach is the only player really worth keeping. I would trade Patrick if something good came up. I would either
- Cash in a bunch of stuff for a good player and build around Zach and that guy or
- Dump players and do a tank for this year

Zach is already pissed and knows the players like Lauri, Wendell and Coby suck. Tanking isn't going to piss him off any worse and actually showing some initiative and direction might keep his interest. Being in the playoffs isn't going to teach Lauri, Wendell and Coby anything because they don't seem to learn on a normal basis.

The last thing the Bulls should do is stay the course and try to bumslay their way into the #10 seed but I think that's exactly what they are going to do.

As I have said in other threads, AK is no longer impressing me. If all of this year was a teaching year, it failed. If it was a year to win games and impress the league, it failed. If it was an evaluation year, well the roster has been found lacking. If you don't do anything, you failed.
scottyg
Rookie
And1: 81

Post#77 » by scottyg » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:39 pm

How bout a trade with atl

Bulls get -
- John Collins
- Rondo

Hawks get -
- Lauri Markannen
- Tomas Satoransky
- 2nd rd pick

Why ? The bulls go and get John Collins to pair with Lavine and grab a back up guard to replace Satoransky
And the hawks go a different route and grab 2 players who can play right away and Sato gives Trea a perfect combo guard with Bodonavic to either start or play the bench, lots of interchangeable parts on this team now !
Shootdabull
Veteran
And1: 138

Post#78 » by Shootdabull » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:50 pm

I don't think AK will make any big changes until the off season but I expect a minor move to help us at center and compete for the playoffs. It would be nice to show the players and the fans that he is at least doing something to try and improve the team.
ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#79 » by ATRAIN53 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:16 pm

I'm IN on any trades for John Collins or Lonzo Ball. I think either fits here well with Zach and Coby. Collins would be amazing here and become a fan favorite the way he plays. Collins, Zach, Coby and Lonzo could be fun.

If he can turn Markkaneen or WCJ into any decent assets that would be a win as well.

Can't trade Thadgic Johnson, he's like the dad they have all rallied around. AK trading him and to where for what tells me a lot about the guy if it happens. I don't think he will, the guy seems like he knows chemistry is huge.
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,323

Post#80 » by Stratmaster » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:31 pm

Add find a new head coach to their list

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app

Return to Chicago Bulls