Image ImageImage Image

PG: Zero emotion

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Re: PG: Zero emotion 

Post#121 » by TheFinishSniper » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:36 pm

FranchisePlayer wrote:
TheFinishSniper wrote:
FranchisePlayer wrote:
Members of the pro tank movement are happy?

We will lose because we play better teams. That's not tank.

It kind of is. Fans who would like to see this team lose a lot, get their wish.

Tank is when you bench players while you winning to ensure you lose. Specially when you lose against similary bad teams. This is not comprehendible to any Bulls fans because Bulls in reality never tanked. That's why instead Luka or Trae in Bulls uniform you have WCJ. And now enjoy him.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,607

Post#122 » by DuckIII » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:44 pm

FranchisePlayer wrote:
TheFinishSniper wrote:
FranchisePlayer wrote:
Members of the pro tank movement are happy?

We will lose because we play better teams. That's not tank.

People can define tanking how they want, I guess. But I wish we could all agree on the following definition:

Tanking is when some combination of the following happens: (a) FO traded older and productive players for future assets or as dumps in order to specifically weaken the roster to lose more games; (b) FO, with player consent, sits “injured” quality players longer than necessary to weaken the quality of the team on the floor; (c) FO and coach as the season winds down significantly inflates the “development minutes” of younger less impactful players to lose more games.

That’s tanking. It’s not losing. It’s losing in a specific way based on an intentional decision making process.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,959

Post#123 » by Wingy » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:52 pm

DuckIII wrote:
FranchisePlayer wrote:
TheFinishSniper wrote: We will lose because we play better teams. That's not tank.

People can define tanking how they want, I guess. But I wish we could all agree on the following definition:

Tanking is when some combination of the following happens: (a) FO traded older and productive players for future assets or as dumps in order to specifically weaken the roster to lose more games; (b) FO, with player consent, sits “injured” quality players longer than necessary to weaken the quality of the team on the floor; (c) FO and coach as the season winds down significantly inflates the “development minutes” of younger less impactful players to lose more games.

That’s tanking. It’s not losing. It’s losing in a specific way based on an intentional decision making process.

...and has nothing to do w/player effort on the floor. I think that should be part of the universal defintion.

Then for a personal addition - it isn't necessarily about getting a top 3 pick (though that's obviously ideal), but is often about getting the best asset (pick) that you can. 8 > 15, 6 > 12, etc.
FranchisePlayer
Sixth Man
And1: 598

Post#124 » by FranchisePlayer » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:54 pm

TheFinishSniper wrote:
FranchisePlayer wrote:
TheFinishSniper wrote: We will lose because we play better teams. That's not tank.

Tank is when you bench players while you winning to ensure you lose. Specially when you lose against similary bad teams. This is not comprehendible to any Bulls fans because Bulls in reality never tanked. That's why instead Luka or Trae in Bulls uniform you have WCJ. And now enjoy him.

I think you have a too narrow-minded view of the context where a fan is happy about his/her team losing and what implications continuing losses will have for the team. I didn't say they tanked, I said those people who wanted this team to lose a lot more than win, will see their wish come true.

If we were to follow your strict definition, one could argue Donovan did pro tanking moves in previous games when he kept bench players on court and thereby making the team lose its lead for no apparent reason. I don't think some of the teams we've lost to were that much better. IMO letting White keep his starting job was also kind of a pro tanking move.
MrSparkle wrote:I don't see a scenario here or there where Lauri becomes the "7-pick we thought he could be." If you remove his 3P ability, he's worse than Felicio by a mile.

12/2/2022
I like the quote- it makes me chuckle. And it was/is pretty much true.
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#125 » by TheFinishSniper » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:38 pm

FranchisePlayer wrote:
I think you have a too narrow-minded view of the context where a fan is happy about his/her team losing and what implications continuing losses will have for the team. I didn't say they tanked, I said those people who wanted this team to lose a lot more than win, will see their wish come true.

If we were to follow your strict definition, one could argue Donovan did pro tanking moves in previous games when he kept bench players on court and thereby making the team lose its lead for no apparent reason. I don't think some of the teams we've lost to were that much better. IMO letting White keep his starting job was also kind of a pro tanking move.

Bulls have 10th worst record in league. Or 20th best. That means 1/3 of league is actually worse than us. But I bet you at least half of those teams have more talent than us or are better organization or have more assets than us. Even if Bulls lost rest of games I dont think we can move much. 7th is maybe limit. At this point I dont give a damn. To me picking 7th or picking 10th is basically same.

Will pro tank people be happy even if Bulls lost all games? Likely not. Because even if Bulls decided to lose games you still getting most likely another WCJ, another White, another Lauri. Flaws and flaws and flaws. And we again dont have assets to move up. If we played 2 quarters of season this way well why not just finish it same way. After all it's yours and GarPax *cough* AK another evaluation year. Enjoy it.

I am mad because Bulls despite they are yucky decided to spend another year in yuckiness, but not in suckiness. And that was decided when they kept same roster from last year and just hired new coach. I will not stand another year of yuckiness and no roster changes. I want at minimum half a team gone, including WCJ, Lauri and White. I will not stand for culture of Bulls they represent.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,920

Post#126 » by ChettheJet » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:46 pm

they played well enough in the first quarter and managed the 2nd. They went inside, posted up, drove the lane and had they shot better might have ad a big lead. Abandoned all the good things and shot poorly in the second half and looked lost.

They do lack leadership in tough situations. It's getting to be they lose focus, stand around and nobody wants to take responsibility to grab the team and pull them where they need to go.

I'm not a fan of the rah rah phony leadership, like Cubs and Phillies shortstop Larry Bowa, he always put on an overt show of clapping hands and shouting wanting to look like he was being in charge but his teammates never fell for it.

I go back to Norm Van Lier used to say about a weak effort. The team showed they had a heart the size of a mustard seed. And I think that's what we're seeing. They need somebody to come back to the huddle after a 14-2 run that has them down 15 and start swearing at the other guys. Somebody to show he's pissed off and he's not going to take it and if you guys don't want to get with it then stay on the bench and let somebody else try it. Most times it's not good but the old players only meeting, some calling out and maybe some fists flying. They need something to shake the dullness out of this bunch.

And I'll admit the number of players they have on expiring or one year contracts might be good for the flexibility of the next roster it just might be why some don't step and speak up

If they are going to make a trade today, rather than this position or that, contracts be damned, get some leadership.
SfBull
Head Coach
And1: 1,698

Post#127 » by SfBull » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:07 pm

MalagaBulls wrote:This team is going to crash and hit rock bottom on this next 8 game swing. Then what?

Then another year of lottery probably getting the 7th pick.

Return to Chicago Bulls