Image ImageImage Image

PG: Zero emotion

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,251

Re: PG: Zero emotion 

Post#41 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:31 am

The Force. wrote:
Chicago-Bull-E wrote:Also, let’s mention how disappointing Pat has been. I keep forgetting he was the 4 pick. Not 7, not 13, not 20. Really has been bad for a guy drafted that high.

He’s young, raw, blah blah blah.
Pat gets a pass for being a rook but people need to lower their expectations for him. He's likely a high-end role player at best tbh.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

If some of these forwards are really available like Siakim or Sabonis, send out Pat and fillers. He still has a boatload of value unlike WCJ Coby and Lauri.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Post#42 » by WindyCityBorn » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:31 am

JimmyButler21 wrote:
Repeat 3-peat wrote:For the talk of signing Zach long term in the offseason, why would he want to do that?

I don't get why either side would do it. For Zach, he could join a better team set up to win now. For the Bulls, why would you max out a player that's never been part of a winning team?

Suns did it with a similar player. It’s paying off now. We need every penny to build a decent roster for next season though. I don’t think using any of that money to give Zach his money early would be the best long term move.
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 7,489

Post#43 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:31 am

Unless AK pulls a rabbit out of his hat tomorrow, he has to own allowing these assets to go from diminished to distressed, honestly.

The last few months of evaluation were an indulgence. He wanted certainty and it probably cost him options.
Contribute to the "Fire GarPax" billboard here:
https://www.gofundme.com/3v7fc-let-our-voices-be-heard-firegarpax
Bullflip
Assistant Coach
And1: 847

Post#44 » by Bullflip » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:33 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
JimmyButler21 wrote:
Repeat 3-peat wrote:For the talk of signing Zach long term in the offseason, why would he want to do that?

I don't get why either side would do it. For Zach, he could join a better team set up to win now. For the Bulls, why would you max out a player that's never been part of a winning team?

Suns did it with a similar player. It’s paying off now.

Yea but they are nowhere near championship contenders. They are just gonna be a run-of-the mill playoff team with a max maybe WCF
SfBull
Head Coach
And1: 1,698

Post#45 » by SfBull » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:34 am

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:This will happen 9 out of 10 times when Zach doesn’t play superhuman, because no one else on this team is capable of much.

All aboard the tank bandwagon y’all! Still lots of room. Top 5 picks in this draft are all elite AF.

Let's go for another lottery this time returning for the 7th pick we're used to when the draft is strong.
D_GoLow
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,243

Post#46 » by D_GoLow » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:36 am

Wingy wrote:Fire Paxson.

Paxson's players
This is not a moment, it's a movement
thebizkit
Junior
And1: 150

Post#47 » by thebizkit » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:36 am

Woof, what is Patrick Williams actually good at?
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Post#48 » by WindyCityBorn » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:36 am

Bullflip wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
JimmyButler21 wrote:I don't get why either side would do it. For Zach, he could join a better team set up to win now. For the Bulls, why would you max out a player that's never been part of a winning team?

Suns did it with a similar player. It’s paying off now.

Yea but they are nowhere near championship contenders. They are just gonna be a run-of-the mill playoff team with a max maybe WCF

We haven’t won **** in over 20 years. I would not turn my nose up at a conference final ceiling. We have one of those this century. That is basically what we were in the best Rose years( we were not beating the Heat) and everyone loved it.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,083

Post#49 » by MrSparkle » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:38 am

Lauri/Wendell had no value in last year’s deadline (injured), no value last off-season, no value last month (both were injured) and poor value today.

Dammit AK
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,357

Post#50 » by DASMACKDOWN » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:38 am

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:This will happen 9 out of 10 times when Zach doesn’t play superhuman, because no one else on this team is capable of much.

All aboard the tank bandwagon y’all! Still lots of room. Top 5 picks in this draft are all elite AF.

Its just not as simple as that. Tanking could be forever. Sacramento has been tanking since they had Chris Webber.

People are impatient. Even if its AKME first year, for us its 4 years since the playoffs. To burn it down again when we never got off the ground, it could be another 4 years. People will be mad even if its the right move.

All we know for sure. We have a good coach. We have an allstar player and have a decent young player with potential. Thats it.

Even if we get a superstar rookie in this coming draft, its still going to take another few years to be true contenders.
The Cult of Personality
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,412

Post#51 » by Indomitable » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:38 am

thedarkstark wrote:Goodbye Lauri you will not be missed

Boy you have not lied. I would love Adams and Ball.
:banghead:
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,077

Post#52 » by NecessaryEvil » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:39 am

MrSparkle wrote:Lauri/Wendell had no value in last year’s deadline (injured), no value last off-season, no value last month (both were injured) and poor value today.

Dammit AK

Both having a full month out this short season hurt the showcasing as well. Yet, somehow, I see a deal getting done tomorrow.

I believe getting rid of Adams contract will be too much for N.O. to pass on right now.
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#53 » by bearadonisdna » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:40 am

jordanwilliams6 wrote:WCJ, Lauri, Coby, Valentine, Gafford are all players I want to see gone.

hey dude, ill respond to you now, to a certain degree.
The game was frustrating as well as the jarrett allen glorification , a guy that averaged 10 ppg in his last 7 games
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#54 » by bearadonisdna » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:43 am

We lost to cleveland without their best player.
Pwill looked like a bust too, the guy has 9 PER.
If Coby everybody else is wash throw him in too.

And what about a coach who has the better team by far? There wasnt 1 thing to like beside Lauri and Zachs 1st half.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM

Post#55 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:47 am

DASMACKDOWN wrote:

Its just not as simple as that. Tanking could be forever. Sacramento has been tanking since they had Chris Webber.

People are impatient. Even if its AKME first year, for us its 4 years since the playoffs. To burn it down again when we never got off the ground, it could be another 4 years. People will be mad even if its the right move.

All we know for sure. We have a good coach. We have an allstar player and have a decent young player with potential. Thats it.

Even if we get a superstar rookie in this coming draft, its still going to take another few years to be true contenders.

My plan has always been to simply tank this year and get a top 5 pick.

The Bulls are in a somewhat unique position in that they have an all star, a new respected coach, and a boatload of cap space in the offseason. The capspace allows you to throw the max at a second star in Collins, and adding an elite talent like Cade to Zach, Collins, Pat, would pretty quickly propel this team into a playoff team next year, and a top 4 team in the East the year after.

The capspace is what will propel this team, not what their record is this year. Getting smashed by the Nets in record time is not going to get some free agent to come here.

I mean this is a team that just lost to the Cavs without their best player, what other option does this team have other than tanking? The schedule is absolutely brutal.

Zach has been great and has proved al he’s needed to get a max contract, tell everyone he pulled a hammy off that limping at the end of the game and sit him for 3 weeks.
thebizkit
Junior
And1: 150

Post#56 » by thebizkit » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:49 am

Can all the "ThiS YeAR IS An ExteNDEd tRyOut" talk go away now?

This team is garbage and is closer to rebuilding than it is to competing. I don't envision the Bulls being able to draft a blue chip prospects this year, so it's time to trade for guys that might actually turn into something.
Leslie Forman
RealGM
And1: 6,300

Post#57 » by Leslie Forman » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:54 am

DASMACKDOWN wrote:Its just not as simple as that. Tanking could be forever. Sacramento has been tanking since they had Chris Webber.

Sacramento hasn't been tanking. They have actually been trying but have simply been incredibly bad at it.

Holding onto this roster, thinking that the last four years have been an anomaly and something's gonna change if they just stay together another year and add some 10th pick or whatever to it, now that is some Sacramento Kings basketball.
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,903

Post#58 » by weneeda2guard » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:54 am

Not willing to give up on the paw yet.

But he is not as untouchable as I once felt.

If lets say a beal or KAT or Vucevic deal was on the table and it took adding the paw to complete the deal I wouldn't be against adding him to the package whereas before I wouldn't dare.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,610

Post#59 » by Repeat 3-peat » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:55 am

Read on Twitter

lol, I'm off for the night.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM

Post#60 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:56 am

Bulls are 1 game back from the 8th best lotto odds, 2.5 games back from 6th.

Upcoming schedule:
@Spurs
@Warriors
@Suns
@Jazz
Nets
Pacers

Return to Chicago Bulls