Image ImageImage Image

Woj: Vucevic/Aminu for Carter Jr/Porter/ 2 1sts

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,058

Re: Woj: Vucevic/Aminu for Carter Jr/Porter/ 2 1sts 

Post#961 » by FriedRise » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:15 pm

StunnerKO wrote:

OK, that explains why his FTAs are low. He’s more of a pick and pop player.
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#962 » by TheFinishSniper » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:16 pm

Yes they did. And I want every team from now on continue to beat us at the trade deadline and in offseason. :nod:
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#963 » by GimmeDat » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:33 pm

Am2626 wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:I'm always a bit precious about giving up picks because I love the draft and the allure of young players.

That said, if we wanted to keep Lavine around, which we should, something like this needed to get done. Vucevic is a legit All-Star, great player, and it's going to be incredibly fun to have a tandem like this to watch night in and night out. Someone has to say it, but I wish we did a deal like this when we had Jimmy.

It's a substantial price to pay, and I'm not definitive on where I set value wise with this deal. What I will say, I have been a WCJ defender for basically all his time here, and I still hope for the best for him, but I'm not devastated we've lost him. He needed a change of scenery, the development since his rookie season has been basically a plateau. I think he was a lot better than people realized, and I'll miss him, but he's the sort of player you are okay with giving up in a deal of this scale.

Whatever your take is on the price we had to pay, we're going to be a pretty good team now, let's enjoy it. It's clear AK is aggressive, has a vision, and will do what it takes to get there... I'm looking forward to seeing how this roster shapes up over the next year or two.

Exactly what price did the Bulls pay with this deal?They basically got rid of the trash that the previous FO left and significantly upgraded their roster. The draft picks are top 4 protected so even in the very unlikely chance that they get exercised now the Bulls would still keep them. Don’t see any downside at all with this deal.

WCJ is a good big as is, has the chance to be very good. Two firsts is a lot to give up for anything.

I'm happy with the deal. But we paid a reasonable price on a high level talent. Naturally, we gave up a considerable amount.
DorO
Junior
And1: 201

Post#964 » by DorO » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:01 pm

GimmeDat wrote:
Am2626 wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:I'm always a bit precious about giving up picks because I love the draft and the allure of young players.

That said, if we wanted to keep Lavine around, which we should, something like this needed to get done. Vucevic is a legit All-Star, great player, and it's going to be incredibly fun to have a tandem like this to watch night in and night out. Someone has to say it, but I wish we did a deal like this when we had Jimmy.

It's a substantial price to
pay, and I'm not definitive on where I set value wise with this deal. What I will say, I have been a WCJ defender for basically all his time here, and I still hope for the best for him, but I'm not devastated we've lost him. He needed a change of scenery, the development since his rookie season has been basically a plateau. I think he was a lot better than people realized, and I'll miss him, but he's the sort of player you are okay with giving up in a deal of this scale.

Whatever your take is on the price we had to pay, we're going to be a pretty good team now, let's enjoy it. It's clear AK is aggressive, has a vision, and will do what it takes to get there... I'm looking forward to seeing how this roster shapes up over the next year or two.

Exactly what price did the Bulls pay with this deal?They basically got rid of the trash that the previous FO left and significantly upgraded their roster. The draft picks are top 4 protected so even in the very unlikely chance that they get exercised now the Bulls would still keep them. Don’t see any downside at all with this deal.

WCJ is a good big as is, has the chance to be very good. Two firsts is a lot to give up for anything.

I'm happy with the deal. But we paid a reasonable price on a high level talent. Naturally, we gave up a considerable amount.

Who is the cheapest current year all star that has ever been sold, sincere question? I have memory they are not sold very often at trade deadline but maybe I am wrong like usually. For 30yo all star matching salaries plus 2FRP is substantial price but feel like fair for what Bulls gave away.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,624

Post#965 » by DuckIII » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:14 pm

TheFinishSniper wrote:

Yes they did. And I want every team from now on continue to beat us at the trade deadline and in offseason. :nod:

Forget Orlando. Where’s the cover story about AK getting pwned by Washington and Boston?
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,652

Post#966 » by sco » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:33 pm

GimmeDat wrote:
Am2626 wrote:

It's a substantial price to pay, and I'm not definitive on where I set value wise with this deal. What I will say, I have been a WCJ defender for basically all his time here, and I still hope for the best for him, but I'm not devastated we've lost him. He needed a change of scenery, the development since his rookie season has been basically a plateau. I think he was a lot better than people realized, and I'll miss him, but he's the sort of player you are okay with giving up in a deal of this scale.

WC isn't going to be a top 20 C for a long time, if ever. IMO, his best option is to get smaller, quicker and learn to shoot 3's.
:clap:
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,715

Post#967 » by basketballRob » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:23 pm

BullChit wrote:https://youtu.be/1DhZYSCQu5w

I am still buzzing quite a bit guys.... Seeing him dunk on and hit shot over some of the centres we've been pining over....

Also on Vuce and defence.

At the very least he will make the likes of an Embiid, Jokic, hell he will make all.of his match ups expend energy on the defensive end so they aren't daisy fresh and ready to score 50+ points

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk
I know Vuc usually outplays Embiid. I remember him having a triple double against him.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Post#968 » by StunnerKO » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:13 pm

basketballRob wrote:
BullChit wrote:https://youtu.be/1DhZYSCQu5w

I am still buzzing quite a bit guys.... Seeing him dunk on and hit shot over some of the centres we've been pining over....

Also on Vuce and defence.

At the very least he will make the likes of an Embiid, Jokic, hell he will make all.of his match ups expend energy on the defensive end so they aren't daisy fresh and ready to score 50+ points

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk
I know Vuc usually outplays Embiid. I remember him having a triple double against him.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app

ImageImageImage
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,357

Post#969 » by DASMACKDOWN » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:14 pm

GimmeDat wrote:WCJ is a good big as is, has the chance to be very good. Two firsts is a lot to give up for anything.

I also think the allure of the draft is more the fact that we have been in it for so many years. But at some point the goal shouldnt be to keep drafting. The goal is to win.

The one thing I have learned in this league over the years, is that there are several ways to improve your team. The key point is to have some kind of balance. You cant have all young guy draft picks because historically you cant win like that. You also cant just constantly trade and kick tires with different groups.

I think we had a discussion on the board years ago saying the difference between GarPax and Morey where Houston had the same record as us. Morey actively made moves to constantly improve the team with Harden. Garpax made the 3 Alphas and burned everything to the ground right after. Houston were always constantly in the mix of a title where we having jokes of how many point guards we could have on the roster.

I am just glad we made an actual decision and direction.
The Cult of Personality
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#970 » by TheStig » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:55 pm

GimmeDat wrote:
Am2626 wrote:

WCJ is a bench big and the two firsts will likely be around #20 and are protected. We gave up very little for an all star.

PG trade: The Clippers are sending the Thunder four unprotected first-round picks, one protected first-round pick and two pick swaps, league sources tell ESPN. Those picks go to OKC with Gallinari and SGA.

Holiday: Steven Adams (via OKC), Eric Bledsoe (via Milwaukee), two future first round picks (via Milwaukee), right to swap two additional first round picks (via Milwaukee)

Both trades had starters, multiple picks (1 of the picks went to get adams) and swaps. OKC even got a young star. We gave them a bench big and 2 protected 1sts. No swaps, no multiples of picks. No starters.

That's as good of a deal for a star as you're gonna get. The price was really small.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,410

Post#971 » by Michael Jackson » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:08 pm

The price wasn’t small really but it is the realistic price to make a trade today. Vuc wasn’t walking and has a good contract. Orlando needs a good return which is what they got. They got something for the future and he Bulls got something for today. Ideally we want vuc it’s out sending 2 picks but that wasn’t going to happen. Even though picks don’t work out that well thy are trade currency.
NewKnicks
Sixth Man
And1: 756

Post#972 » by NewKnicks » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:34 pm

ZOMG wrote:
CobyWhite0 wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
In the NBA you don’t look past 5 years. Markkanen will have defensive compatibility issues with every center outside of maybe Gobert, Embiid and Allen.

LOL, talk about living in denial :lol:

It looks to be abundantly clear now that the Bulls don't see Lauri being on the roster once this season's playoffs end, and some fans are having a complete meltdown about it. They've spent many months trying to explain why Lauri is worth $20 million or more per year to the Bulls, and now they are finding out that AKME don't agree.

It makes you feel bad for the fans who weren't jerks about it

Meltdown? What? Who? Where? :lol:

In case you didn't notice, the Bulls didn't trade him even though they EASILY could have if they just wanted to get rid of him. And if he's not on the roster next season, it's because some team gave him $22 million dollars per season or something - because that team, you know, values him a lot. :)

I love how Lauri haters are now jumping through hoops to try to fabricate a narrative where these deadline moves OBVIOUSLY mean that they're getting ready to jettison him in the offseason. :lol: If anything, they might mean the opposite... but we just don't know. Let's wait and see how he performs with the new guys.

Life seems to be very hard for the average Markkanen hater right now. Let's all just relax.

Knicks fan here jumping into the fray. I'm from Chicago, so the Bulls are my second team. I highly doubt Lauri is going anywhere. Like you said, they could have easily dumped him. I'm sure the list of teams interested was really long. He's 23, averaging 17 and 6, and has the ability to get a lot better.

Adding Vuc only helps Lauri out. I don't get the posters saying Lauri and Vuc can't play together. Of course they can. Vuc is only going to make Lauri even better. Lauri is going to get a ton of wide open looks, and the lane will be opened up a lot more with teams having to focus on Lavine and Vuc.

The Bulls front office made a statement, and they're not going backwards. There's no reason Lauri, Vuc and Lavine can't play together. In fact, I think they're going to look great together. All three shoot really well. Who are teams going to guard/double? When Lavine drives, he'll have Vuc and Lauri to dish out to for open shots. They're not dumping Lauri for picks. What would be the point of that? To draft another Hutchinson or Valentine? Or WCJ? It's not like players like Lauri are falling off trees. In my opinion, they made this trade knowing they're going to resign Lauri.

Your team is going to be really exciting to watch. They were exciting before this trade, but now it's going to go to a higher level. Good luck, guys!

We'd love to have Markannen on the Knicks, by the way.
Dresden
RealGM
And1: 5,875

Post#973 » by Dresden » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:41 pm

sco wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:
Am2626 wrote:

WC isn't going to be a top 20 C for a long time, if ever. IMO, his best option is to get smaller, quicker and learn to shoot 3's.

The thing about Carter that sticks in my mind is that we never saw any flashes of greatness from him. Like absolutely none. No games with 6 blocks or something, where he's just a force in the paint. Or 25 points and 14 Rebs. I know he's young, but you'd think for someone who is said to have so much potential, we'd at least get an occasional glimpse of something worth waiting for. I guess he had a few nice blocks here and there, or a put back dunk or something, but compare him to Bagley, who, for all his injuries and issues, at least can look like a future all-star on some nights. With Wendell, I don't see anything but a very ordinary, pedestrian big with a very low ceiling, who might be serviceable one day as a low level starter or decent back up.
NewKnicks
Sixth Man
And1: 756

Post#974 » by NewKnicks » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:43 pm

sco wrote:I historically don't like C's over 30, but I get comfy because guys who have generally been injury-free and aren't leapers like the Lopezs and Gasols have a few more years of high-level play after 30, and IMO, his next deal isn't gonna be a MAX deal due to his age then.

Vuc is more of the exception to the rule. His style of play can last longer than the other C's. Skill and shooting are usually the last to go. It's not like he's some insane athlete who jumps out of the gym. He's good for another 5-6 years. And if it's only 3-4 years, isn't it still worth it? Bulls get an all-star for scraps. With the top 4 protection on the picks, they're losing a 5-16 player in this years draft. Who cares about that. Otto was a salary move and doesn't affect the Bulls, and then there is WCJ, not really a big loss.

Bulls front office nailed this trade. If Lauri was included, it would have been a different story.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,652

Post#975 » by sco » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:46 pm

NewKnicks wrote:
sco wrote:I historically don't like C's over 30, but I get comfy because guys who have generally been injury-free and aren't leapers like the Lopezs and Gasols have a few more years of high-level play after 30, and IMO, his next deal isn't gonna be a MAX deal due to his age then.

Vuc is more of the exception to the rule. His style of play can last longer than the other C's. Skill and shooting are usually the last to go. It's not like he's some insane athlete who jumps out of the gym. He's good for another 5-6 years. And if it's only 3-4 years, isn't it still worth it? Bulls get an all-star for scraps. With the top 4 protection on the picks, they're losing a 5-16 player in this years draft. Who cares about that. Otto was a salary move and doesn't affect the Bulls, and then there is WCJ, not really a big loss.

Bulls front office nailed this trade. If Lauri was included, it would have been a different story.

Oh man, if we were able to include Lauri...that would have been so good.
:clap:
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,410

Post#976 » by Michael Jackson » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:37 pm

Dresden wrote:
sco wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:

The thing about Carter that sticks in my mind is that we never saw any flashes of greatness from him. Like absolutely none. No games with 6 blocks or something, where he's just a force in the paint. Or 25 points and 14 Rebs. I know he's young, but you'd think for someone who is said to have so much potential, we'd at least get an occasional glimpse of something worth waiting for. I guess he had a few nice blocks here and there, or a put back dunk or something, but compare him to Bagley, who, for all his injuries and issues, at least can look like a future all-star on some nights. With Wendell, I don't see anything but a very ordinary, pedestrian big with a very low ceiling, who might be serviceable one day as a low level starter or decent back up.

Exactly there never was a flash from WCJ. Coby has shown us games where he looks elite for a night. WCJ has no which doesn’t mean he is a bust but you would think by accident he would have a game. I mean Mokoka had that game lol.
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#977 » by TheStig » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:57 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:The price wasn’t small really but it is the realistic price to make a trade today. Vuc wasn’t walking and has a good contract. Orlando needs a good return which is what they got. They got something for the future and he Bulls got something for today. Ideally we want vuc it’s out sending 2 picks but that wasn’t going to happen. Even though picks don’t work out that well thy are trade currency.

I'm sorry but it was a small package. If Lavine was traded for that, I'd be really pissed off.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,715

Post#978 » by basketballRob » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:05 pm

Delete
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,412

Post#979 » by Indomitable » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:15 pm

DuckIII wrote:
TheFinishSniper wrote:

Forget Orlando. Where’s the cover story about AK getting pwned by Washington and Boston?

2008 is calling.
:banghead:
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,058

Post#980 » by FriedRise » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:18 pm

Read on Twitter

:'(

Return to Chicago Bulls