Image ImageImage Image

Woj: Gafford & Hutchison to Washington for Troy Brown & Mo Wagner

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Re: Woj: Gafford & Hutchison to Washington for Troy Brown & Mo Wagner 

Post#301 » by TheFinishSniper » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:41 pm

Grodoboldo wrote:GarPax simply didn't operate on the margins, except for doing a favor for an agent (cof, cof, Bartelstein clients, cof, cof) or someone on Iowa State.

Problem wasnt drafting Iowa State guys. Problem is picking wrong Iowa State guys. If Bulls drafted Monté Morris, Haliburton or Talen Horton-Tucker we would be golden. PG solution solved, playmaking wing issue solved. Not doing proper scouting and recognizing NBA talent. That's our issue.

And depends how PWill turns out we will know if we still have that issue.
Grodoboldo
Analyst
And1: 2,819

Post#302 » by Grodoboldo » Thu Apr 8, 2021 7:14 pm

TheFinishSniper wrote:
Grodoboldo wrote:GarPax simply didn't operate on the margins, except for doing a favor for an agent (cof, cof, Bartelstein clients, cof, cof) or someone on Iowa State.

Problem wasnt drafting Iowa State guys. Problem is picking wrong Iowa State guys. If Bulls drafted Monté Morris, Haliburton or Talen Horton-Tucker we would be golden. PG solution solved, playmaking wing issue solved. Not doing proper scouting and recognizing NBA talent. That's our issue.

And depends how PWill turns out we will know if we still have that issue.

I'm sorry, I expressed myself poorly. The problem wasn't in necessarily being connected to Iowa state guys, it was just an example that GarPax used these marginal assets for political reasons, not roster improvement.
Constantly underwhelmed by the Bulls.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,951

Post#303 » by Wingy » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:49 pm

Welp, the dude ranting about Mo Wagner has another shot.

The Cs dumped him for the privilege of picking up...Jabari Parker.
lostonbase
Starter
And1: 277

Post#304 » by lostonbase » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:57 pm

Wingy wrote:Welp, the dude ranting about Mo Wagner has another shot.

Why would anyone pick up Jabari Parker?
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,578

Post#305 » by Ice Man » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:59 pm

Being waived to make room for Jabari Parker isn't exactly a ringing endorsement.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,320

Post#306 » by nate33 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:33 pm

Thanks for Gafford, guys. He has been absolutely fantastic in Washington. His rim protection is legit. His offense is limited, but he is a willing rim runner and Westbrook has been feeding him a steady diet of alley-oops. He is looking like the starter of the future for us.

He is averaging 24 points, 11.3 boards and 3.8 blocks and 1.7 steals per 36 minutes with a TS% of .681 and an on/off differential of +9.3. I'm sure he'll come back down to Earth at some point, but if he even gives us 80% of that production going forward, he's an above average starting center.
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,356

Post#307 » by DASMACKDOWN » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:45 pm

Im kind of upset we gave up Gafford. There was no need to do so. Unless this was always a 3 way just to get Theis.

We have to resign Theis to make good of this. Gafford was excellent and on a great contract. If we cant resign Theis, this will be a horrible move.
The Cult of Personality
Wingy
RealGM

Post#308 » by Wingy » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:53 pm

nate33 wrote:Thanks for Gafford, guys. He has been absolutely fantastic in Washington. His rim protection is legit. His offense is limited, but he is a willing rim runner and Westbrook has been feeding him a steady diet of alley-oops. He is looking like the starter of the future for us.

He is averaging 24 points, 11.3 boards and 3.8 blocks and 1.7 steals per 36 minutes with a TS% of .681 and an on/off differential of +9.3. I'm sure he'll come back down to Earth at some point, but if he even gives us 80% of that production going forward, he's an above average starting center.

Good for Gaff. We didn’t have an assist hunting, penetrating attacker like Westbrook, so of course he looks better with Wash.

Think it’s working well for both teams by the sounds. I think most of our board is happy with what TBJ has been doing in his role, and I think it’s also true that the majority of our fans here would like to see his minutes increase.

We’ll have to resign him of course, but Theis is our 3rd best player.

So basically Gafford for Theis, and the opportunity to keep evaluating, and hopefully developing TBJ - yes, please.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,648

Post#309 » by sco » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:14 pm

I'd be fine bringing in Mo for a Felicio buy-out, although I was hoping for a vet PG, but we missed on Teague and Bradley didn't get bought out.
:clap:
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,303

Post#310 » by coldfish » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:34 pm

Gafford had NBA value. One of the best picks of the recent GarPax era. He really didn't fit with what BD was trying to do but he has a place in the NBA. To a large degree, BD make him worse than what he was. IMHO, TBJ for Gafford was a win-win deal for both teams and both players.

Hutch sucks. After his one good game his Washington PER is down to 4.3.
GoBlue72391
General Manager
And1: 5,694

Post#311 » by GoBlue72391 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:11 pm

This is dipping into an area I'm not completely comfortable discussing, but is Hutch gay?

With team sports being historically conservative and slow to accept these kinds of things, could that have been the source of the mysterious circumstances he found himself in before the trade? Or could he have been possibly struggling to handle the mental aspect of coming out on a stage as large as the NBA?

The only reason I ask is because his most recent post on Instagram looks like more than just a regular male friendship. I have no problems with that and support everyone, my sister is gay actually, I'm just speculating on that bizarre situation where he was with the team and healthy but not playing.

Sent from my SM-S115DL using RealGM mobile app
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,356

Post#312 » by DASMACKDOWN » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:22 pm

GoBlue72391 wrote:This is dipping into an area I'm not completely comfortable discussing, but is Hutch gay?

With team sports being historically conservative and slow to accept these kinds of things, could that have been the source of the mysterious circumstances he found himself in before the trade? Or could he have been possibly struggling to handle the mental aspect of coming out on a stage as large as the NBA?

The only reason I ask is because his most recent post on Instagram looks like more than just a regular male friendship. I have no problems with that and support everyone, my sister is gay actually, I'm just speculating on that bizarre situation where he was with the team and healthy but not playing.

Hutch just wasnt going to play with us because he wasnt good enough.

My guess is, and this is pure speculation, Hutch probably voiced his displeasure about not playing and the Bulls told him he wasnt going to be in their plans and will try to move him.

He then got Covid and was completely away from the team for a few weeks. The situation still stood exactly the same when he returned but now Hutch just rolled with it. In all of this, he never spoke to the media. Mainly because it wasn't a story.

There were no injuries. There were to distractions. He was just locked in the never play area of Felicio.

I think that may have been the case because as soon as he got moved, he played.

But as I have said, Hutch has been horrible and thats the reason why hes not playing.
The Cult of Personality
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,578

Post#313 » by Ice Man » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:29 pm

GoBlue72391 wrote:This is dipping into an area I'm not completely comfortable discussing, but is Hutch gay?

It sounds like a possibility from what you write. But as Da writes, the real danger to his NBA career is his on-court performance. He has a career TS% of 50%, with an assist to TO ratio of 1. As a counterexample, the failed Landry Fields of the Knicks, who couldn't survive in the league after his rookie contract expired, had a TS% of 54% and an assist to TO ratio of 1.5.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,917

Post#314 » by ChettheJet » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:50 pm

His orientation is his own deal. as for the IG posts, he could be mature enough to avoid having women around him that know more about his contractual situation than whether he's a quality young man to date. Another thing that crops up for athletes is getting served papers for a paternity suit with, as mentioned, some woman that he has a tough time remembering after meeting one time.

Hopefully the day comes when he's healthy with nothing on his mind but basketball and he gets another chance at the NBA.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,547

Post#315 » by Dominator83 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:28 am

nate33 wrote:Thanks for Gafford, guys. He has been absolutely fantastic in Washington. His rim protection is legit. His offense is limited, but he is a willing rim runner and Westbrook has been feeding him a steady diet of alley-oops. He is looking like the starter of the future for us.

Come to rub it in eh?

Congrats though on making better use of him. Both Gafford and WCJ are showing us that our player development department is still horrid. These guys look awful here, then go elsewhere and thrive. And the guy we got, TBJ, we aren't making good use of either. He's good and should be starting over Patrick. Patrick right now isn't better than TBJ at anything.
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
ArtMorte
Sixth Man
And1: 2,102

Post#316 » by ArtMorte » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:55 am

lostonbase wrote:
Wingy wrote:Welp, the dude ranting about Mo Wagner has another shot.

Why would anyone pick up Jabari Parker?

Parker averaged 14 ppg on 51% shooting last season, he's still easily talented enough to play in the NBA - and maybe he's a bit more mature by now.

I remember Mo Wagner had a good little stretch last season where he got a bit hyped up, but it's looking like the Euroleague is calling for him now.
Wingy
RealGM

Post#317 » by Wingy » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:10 pm

DASMACKDOWN wrote:

Hutch just wasnt going to play with us because he wasnt good enough.

My guess is, and this is pure speculation, Hutch probably voiced his displeasure about not playing and the Bulls told him he wasnt going to be in their plans and will try to move him.

He then got Covid and was completely away from the team for a few weeks. The situation still stood exactly the same when he returned but now Hutch just rolled with it. In all of this, he never spoke to the media. Mainly because it wasn't a story.

There were no injuries. There were to distractions. He was just locked in the never play area of Felicio.

I think that may have been the case because as soon as he got moved, he played.

But as I have said, Hutch has been horrible and thats the reason why hes not playing.

Yeah, I think we’re over complicating it. Seems like it was an opportunity thing. Then to their credit, both Bulls and Hutch handled it with class. Until maybe that post-trade Hutch tweet, but I don’t think that was a big deal.
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,321

Post#318 » by Stratmaster » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:26 pm

Rub it in. But we deserve it. I was begging for him to get more minutes here. He had 2 really bad games when forced into starting and most people started calling him trash. The coach took him out of the rotation completely (our coach is an idiot). Our fan base has no clue what we have until it's gone.

Instead we fawn over Coby White and Chandler Hutchison.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,320

Post#319 » by nate33 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:27 pm

Stratmaster wrote:

Rub it in. But we deserve it. I was begging for him to get more minutes here. He had 2 really bad games when forced into starting and most people started calling him trash. The coach took him out of the rotation completely (our coach is an idiot). Our fan base has no clue what we have until it's gone.

Instead we fawn over Coby White and Chandler Hutchison.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app

I am rubbing it in, but only a little bit :D . I also figured that there were some Gafford fans who would like to know he is doing well in DC.
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#320 » by TheStig » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:46 pm

coldfish wrote:Gafford had NBA value. One of the best picks of the recent GarPax era. He really didn't fit with what BD was trying to do but he has a place in the NBA. To a large degree, BD make him worse than what he was. IMHO, TBJ for Gafford was a win-win deal for both teams and both players.

Hutch sucks. After his one good game his Washington PER is down to 4.3.

I agree. I think Gafford went from a place that was a bad fit to a place that was a great fit. I also think the return was fair. We got a nice young 2 way wing. I wish BD would use him more. I think TBJ could really shine here.

Return to Chicago Bulls