Image ImageImage Image

Who is the next target?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Tommy Udo 6 , GimmeDat, dougthonus, DASMACKDOWN, Payt10, kulaz3000, fleet, RedBulls23, Ice Man, AshyLarrysDiaper

donaldtrump_00
Veteran
Posts: 2,774
And1: 467
Joined: Aug 11, 2012

Re: Who is the next target? 

Post#141 » by donaldtrump_00 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 12:59 pm

Rose2Boozer wrote:The target has to be surrounding our two all stars with roleplayers who know how to play basketball.

Jalen Brunson should definitely be on the Bulls radar.



He reminds me of rose. Not as fast and not as athletic. But he idolizes his game. I can tell. He even does rose triple threat move on a regular. Then the floater and attacks like him. But he's a scorer. I don't know to much on his nightly playmaker skills. Just looks average at it to me. And I like trey Burke to since we looking at Dallas pg's
sco
RealGM
Posts: 16,708
And1: 4,639
Joined: Sep 22, 2003
Location: Virtually Everywhere!

Re: Who is the next target? 

Post#142 » by sco » Sun Apr 4, 2021 1:45 pm

donaldtrump_00 wrote:
Rose2Boozer wrote:The target has to be surrounding our two all stars with roleplayers who know how to play basketball.

Jalen Brunson should definitely be on the Bulls radar.



He reminds me of rose. Not as fast and not as athletic. But he idolizes his game. I can tell. He even does rose triple threat move on a regular. Then the floater and attacks like him. But he's a scorer. I don't know to much on his nightly playmaker skills. Just looks average at it to me. And I like trey Burke to since we looking at Dallas pg's

I am all over Brunson as our target, but I think Dallas still has his rights on a cheap deal next season - do I have that wrong?

As for Schroder, I like him, but I feel like signing him for a 4/$80M+ deal is not the best use of that cap space. He is a scoring-minded PG who is a below-average 3pt shooter and middling play maker, and has limited upside. Stat-wise and $wise, we'd be better off just rolling with Sato and signing a guy like Rose, Payton or Mills for less to ensure White is not mistaken for our PG next season.
:clap:
User avatar
coldfish
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 52,678
And1: 23,713
Joined: Jun 11, 2004
Location: Right in the middle
   

Re: Who is the next target? 

Post#143 » by coldfish » Sun Apr 4, 2021 1:53 pm

With Lauri likely gone I would hope that an athletic, defensive 4 would be the priority. Or maybe a 3 and put PW at the 4.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 22,379
And1: 10,826
Joined: Apr 19, 2011

Re: Who is the next target? 

Post#144 » by Ice Man » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:13 pm

coldfish wrote:With Lauri likely gone I would hope that an athletic, defensive 4 would be the priority.


Isn't that Theis? Maybe you're talking about a Theis who can score. That would be better, of course, but costly.
User avatar
Grodoboldo
Starter
Posts: 2,373
And1: 1,644
Joined: Sep 26, 2010
Location: Sao Paulo
 

Re: Who is the next target? 

Post#145 » by Grodoboldo » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:17 pm

I still think we'll end up operating over the cap, so I'd look for trades instead of only FAs.
Ok, Zach is pretty awesome, we should use capspace to give him a full max next off-season.
We should still trade Lauri, Otto, Young and Sato for the best we can get.
sco
RealGM
Posts: 16,708
And1: 4,639
Joined: Sep 22, 2003
Location: Virtually Everywhere!

Re: Who is the next target? 

Post#146 » by sco » Sun Apr 4, 2021 2:49 pm

Ice Man wrote:
coldfish wrote:With Lauri likely gone I would hope that an athletic, defensive 4 would be the priority.


Isn't that Theis? Maybe you're talking about a Theis who can score. That would be better, of course, but costly.

I am starting to come around with the quantity over quality approach. Keeping Theis and Brown, we'll have Aminu, Thad and PWill. We can definitely add another back-up C on a vet min deal to set a bar for Marko Simonovic to overcome. And then we try to nab Rose, Mills or some other experienced PG for the MLE. There isn't a likely a FA who is both a good fit and a star that we'll be able to afford.
:clap:
StunnerKO
Analyst
Posts: 3,516
And1: 2,360
Joined: Sep 25, 2017

Re: Who is the next target? 

Post#147 » by StunnerKO » Sun Apr 4, 2021 4:38 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
NecessaryEvil
Head Coach
Posts: 7,317
And1: 5,159
Joined: Jun 12, 2014
 

Re: Who is the next target? 

Post#148 » by NecessaryEvil » Sun Apr 4, 2021 5:25 pm

If I'm AK, I get on the phone with Masai and see what I can get done for Pascal Siakam.


* Perfect 3rd option after a nice 1a/1b combination in Zach & Nikola.

* Solves alot of defensive issues in the future with Pascal & Patrick in the SL.


I'm going in that direction first, see if anything is there by seasons end. I'd even expand it to add Vanfleet if I could. Lonzo Ball would be the back-up plan.
MalagaBulls
Analyst
Posts: 3,195
And1: 1,119
Joined: Dec 15, 2013
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))
       

Re: Who is the next target? 

Post#149 » by MalagaBulls » Sun Apr 4, 2021 5:31 pm

With Holiday extending it significantly thins out the potential FA PG market. I would never pay that much. Schröder's leverage & price might go up dramatically.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 22,379
And1: 10,826
Joined: Apr 19, 2011

Re: Who is the next target? 

Post#150 » by Ice Man » Sun Apr 4, 2021 5:54 pm

MalagaBulls wrote:With Holiday extending it significantly thins out the potential FA PG market. I would never pay that much.


A shockingly high price. He's playing well, but he's 30 years old and the team's third option.
Mk0
RealGM
Posts: 14,507
And1: 7,813
Joined: Jul 02, 2010
   

Re: Who is the next target? 

Post#151 » by Mk0 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 7:27 pm

Schroder's 3pt shot isn't great. He was solid in OKC but his shot dropped off this year and has been an issue with Lakers fans on the GB.

His last four seasons,
.290 on 3.9 attempts
.341 on 4.6 attempts
.385 on 5 attempts
.333 on 3.2 attempts

If you are lucky he is a rhythm shooter who isn't getting the attempts he needs in LA but he could get in Chicago.

* I am lukewarm on him. He is a solid player but I don't know if he is the guy I would target, expecially at the price point, though the market may dictate that cost.
User avatar
TheStig
RealGM
Posts: 13,791
And1: 3,513
Joined: Jun 18, 2004
Location: Get rid of GarPaxDorf

Re: Who is the next target? 

Post#152 » by TheStig » Sun Apr 4, 2021 8:19 pm

StunnerKO wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Jrue left money on the table. It's only 135 guaranteed. He could have gotten a full 5 year max in the offseason.
User avatar
TheStig
RealGM
Posts: 13,791
And1: 3,513
Joined: Jun 18, 2004
Location: Get rid of GarPaxDorf

Re: Who is the next target? 

Post#153 » by TheStig » Sun Apr 4, 2021 8:20 pm

Ice Man wrote:
MalagaBulls wrote:With Holiday extending it significantly thins out the potential FA PG market. I would never pay that much.


A shockingly high price. He's playing well, but he's 30 years old and the team's third option.

Not a high price at all. He had MKE by the balls. Could have gotten a full 5 year max in the summer.
jordanwilliams6
Senior
Posts: 573
And1: 486
Joined: Nov 01, 2018
 

Re: Who is the next target? 

Post#154 » by jordanwilliams6 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 8:54 pm

We need to also look for an athletic PF, who can give us an interior presence on D but also space the floor with shooting.

I’m not sure who that is and it doesn’t need to be a star, but someone in the mould of prime Serge Ibaka would be great. We could also grab an athletic wing who is a good interior defender (similar to PWill) and run interchangeable SF/PF. That player would probably be Jerami Grant.
mszymko
Pro Prospect
Posts: 884
And1: 251
Joined: Nov 28, 2013

Re: Who is the next target? 

Post#155 » by mszymko » Sun Apr 4, 2021 11:11 pm

John Wall would be a good name 2 keep an eye on.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
Posts: 15,476
And1: 7,952
Joined: Jun 26, 2014
     

Re: Who is the next target? 

Post#156 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun Apr 4, 2021 11:46 pm

mszymko wrote:John Wall would be a good name 2 keep an eye on.


Yuck. For over $40 million? And he isn’t even a winning vet.
User avatar
Eddy_JukeZ
RealGM
Posts: 16,547
And1: 13,289
Joined: Oct 05, 2013
         

Re: Who is the next target? 

Post#157 » by Eddy_JukeZ » Sun Apr 4, 2021 11:48 pm

Mk0 wrote:Schroder's 3pt shot isn't great. He was solid in OKC but his shot dropped off this year and has been an issue with Lakers fans on the GB.

His last four seasons,
.290 on 3.9 attempts
.341 on 4.6 attempts
.385 on 5 attempts
.333 on 3.2 attempts

If you are lucky he is a rhythm shooter who isn't getting the attempts he needs in LA but he could get in Chicago.

* I am lukewarm on him. He is a solid player but I don't know if he is the guy I would target, expecially at the price point, though the market may dictate that cost.


Hard pass on Schroder for what he'll likely command.
User avatar
coldfish
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 52,678
And1: 23,713
Joined: Jun 11, 2004
Location: Right in the middle
   

Re: Who is the next target? 

Post#158 » by coldfish » Mon Apr 5, 2021 1:20 am

I would not be surprised if the offseason results are that Lauri walks for nothing, Zach gets a raise and an extension, some of the vets who play well get retained and the roster is filled out with value vet contracts.

As much as I want to find a gem in free agency, I just don’t see one out there. The FA class is horrific and lots of teams have money.

Right now, that plan looks like an awful decision. We can talk in 15 games or so and see then.
CobyWhite0
Junior
Posts: 431
And1: 347
Joined: Dec 28, 2020
 

Re: Who is the next target? 

Post#159 » by CobyWhite0 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 2:01 am

coldfish wrote:I would not be surprised if the offseason results are that Lauri walks for nothing, Zach gets a raise and an extension, some of the vets who play well get retained and the roster is filled out with value vet contracts.

As much as I want to find a gem in free agency, I just don’t see one out there. The FA class is horrific and lots of teams have money.

Right now, that plan looks like an awful decision. We can talk in 15 games or so and see then.


There is absolutely zero chance that Zach gets a raise and extension. Do you know how many times that has happened in NBA history? It doesn't happen.
User avatar
coldfish
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 52,678
And1: 23,713
Joined: Jun 11, 2004
Location: Right in the middle
   

Re: Who is the next target? 

Post#160 » by coldfish » Mon Apr 5, 2021 2:06 am

CobyWhite0 wrote:
coldfish wrote:I would not be surprised if the offseason results are that Lauri walks for nothing, Zach gets a raise and an extension, some of the vets who play well get retained and the roster is filled out with value vet contracts.

As much as I want to find a gem in free agency, I just don’t see one out there. The FA class is horrific and lots of teams have money.

Right now, that plan looks like an awful decision. We can talk in 15 games or so and see then.


There is absolutely zero chance that Zach gets a raise and extension. Do you know how many times that has happened in NBA history? It doesn't happen.


It’s a pretty unique situation. You have to have an all star level player who is paid significantly less than the max and soon to be an unrestricted free agent and the team needs a significant amount of cap space.

Return to Chicago Bulls