Image ImageImage Image

Who is the next target?

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Salo23
Sixth Man
And1: 415

Re: Who is the next target? 

Post#201 » by Salo23 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:05 pm

Clocian wrote:
Salo23 wrote:Richaun Holmes and Lonzo Ball.

Vet minimum signing: David Nwaba
Is it even possible to get both ball and Holmes? If so, I approve of all of the above.

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app

Holmes will be unrestricted, he is currently making $5M per year. We can offer him a MLE type deal that would double his current salary.

Ball would most likely need to be some sort of sign and trade, possibly involving a 3rd team. It’s obvious AKME are interested in Ball and I assume they will resume talks with the Pelicans in the offseason.

Nwaba seems like a career vet minimum signing at this point. I just like having at least one of these types of players on the roster. He’s like a shorter version of Ronnie Brewer, whom I also loved coming off the bench for us.
We are missing a lot of layups right now as a team, and that is on me... It’s my job to make sure we’re ready to make our layups." - Thibodeau.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,654

Post#202 » by sco » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:28 pm

Salo23 wrote:
Clocian wrote:
Salo23 wrote:Richaun Holmes and Lonzo Ball.

Vet minimum signing: David Nwaba
Is it even possible to get both ball and Holmes? If so, I approve of all of the above.

Holmes will be unrestricted, he is currently making $5M per year. We can offer him a MLE type deal that would double his current salary.

Ball would most likely need to be some sort of sign and trade, possibly involving a 3rd team. It’s obvious AKME are interested in Ball and I assume they will resume talks with the Pelicans in the offseason.

Nwaba seems like a career vet minimum signing at this point. I just like having at least one of these types of players on the roster. He’s like a shorter version of Ronnie Brewer, whom I also loved coming off the bench for us.

I really hope we keep Theis as our back-up 4/5 for next season. We need his defense, and I like him next to Vuc too. The Ball dream is dead, IMO...would just require too many moving pieces where other teams can just sign him outright. Sign me up for Nwaba...love that guy, but just recognized he makes Lauri look like an iron man.

I'm thinking our best strategy is "quantity over quality - addition by subtraction". Find some more good vets to replace minutes from White, Markkanen, Valentine - like Rose, Burks, Bullock, Bradley...maybe a Bobby Portis or Boban for fun.
:clap:
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#203 » by ZOMG » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:07 pm

sco wrote:
Salo23 wrote:
Clocian wrote:Is it even possible to get both ball and Holmes? If so, I approve of all of the above.

I really hope we keep Theis as our back-up 4/5 for next season. We need his defense, and I like him next to Vuc too. The Ball dream is dead, IMO...would just require too many moving pieces where other teams can just sign him outright. Sign me up for Nwaba...love that guy, but just recognized he makes Lauri look like an iron man.

I'm thinking our best strategy is "quantity over quality - addition by subtraction". Find some more good vets to replace minutes from White, Markkanen, Valentine - like Rose, Burks, Bullock, Bradley...maybe a Bobby Portis or Boban for fun.

I like Theis and his unskilled, clunky style as much as the next moron, but why are we going overboard with him? Please explain.

This is a 29 year old guy who's averaging 7.2ppts and 4.8rbs over his career, while shooting .342 from the perimeter. That's fine if you're looking for an experienced big body to take up space and break some bones. But this fanbase seems to have decided that he can be much more than that.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,654

Post#204 » by sco » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:12 pm

ZOMG wrote:
sco wrote:
Salo23 wrote:

I like Theis and his unskilled, clunky style as much as the next moron, but why are we going overboard with him? Please explain.

This is a 29 year old guy who's averaging 7.2ppts and 4.8rbs over his career, while shooting .342 from the perimeter. That's fine if you're looking for an experienced big body to take up space and break some bones. But this fanbase seems to have decided that he can be much more than that.

I think he can be retained on a reasonable deal. He brings much needed defense and some offense. IMO, he can play next to Vuc or Thad, our to main front court guys going forward. IMO, the alternative will cost more and bring less.
:clap:

Return to Chicago Bulls