Image ImageImage Image

Who is the next target?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,362

Re: Who is the next target? 

Post#81 » by drosestruts » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:56 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:
drosestruts wrote:my dream scenario is Kawhi decides this summer that he wants to come here. We tell LA we're prepared to create the necessary cap space by renouncing Lauri and all free agents (Theis, Temple, Valentine, etc.) and stretching any combination of Sato, Young and Aminu and they lose Kawhi for nothing OR they agree to a sign and trade that brings them back Lauri, White, Brown and Aminu.

In my dream world they're selecting option 2 and we're gaining Kawhi without stripping everything down.

I will now go unhealthy convince myself this is destiny then get mad when it doesn't happen.

Sato/Arch
LaVine/Temple/
Kawhi/
Williams/Young
Vucevic/Theis

Maybe we convince Simonivic to come over, use the MLE on a point guard.

I believe Kawhi will leave but not sure why Bulls would be his choice.

Perhaps I should have used "fantasy" over "dream" but I'm not sure why he'd make us his top choice either. Miami on the other hand....
waffle
RealGM
And1: 1,661
Location: Don't question the finger and do respect the black box. That is all.....

Post#82 » by waffle » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:03 pm

I still applaud the trade/trades.

An improvement on on ball/perimeter defense would help this team a TON. Would make Vuch look that much better. Having your bigs, even fairly mobile bigs, have to cover for weak perimeter D is a recipe for disaster...

We need a pesky PG. He doesn't even have to be an assist machine or a sniper. We share the ball pretty darn well already.

So gimme a pesky PG. I am open to suggestions.
Chicagoat
Pro Prospect
And1: 979

Post#83 » by Chicagoat » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:26 pm

Kawhi seems like he hated Toronto's weather and couldn't wait to go back to sunny California. If he were to leave the Clippers, I could see him going to sunny Miami.

Sent from my SM-A715F using RealGM mobile app
AKME? More like MEAK with how they're afraid to make a move to push us in one direction.

Continuity :banghead: :banghead:
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,194

Post#84 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:42 pm

drosestruts wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:
drosestruts wrote:my dream scenario is Kawhi decides this summer that he wants to come here. We tell LA we're prepared to create the necessary cap space by renouncing Lauri and all free agents (Theis, Temple, Valentine, etc.) and stretching any combination of Sato, Young and Aminu and they lose Kawhi for nothing OR they agree to a sign and trade that brings them back Lauri, White, Brown and Aminu.

In my dream world they're selecting option 2 and we're gaining Kawhi without stripping everything down.

I will now go unhealthy convince myself this is destiny then get mad when it doesn't happen.

Sato/Arch
LaVine/Temple/
Kawhi/
Williams/Young
Vucevic/Theis

Maybe we convince Simonivic to come over, use the MLE on a point guard.

I believe Kawhi will leave but not sure why Bulls would be his choice.

Perhaps I should have used "fantasy" over "dream" but I'm not sure why he'd make us his top choice either. Miami on the other hand....

Oh Miami I see as possible. He is going to go to a front runner for sure if it is not the Clippers. Obviously I would love your fantasy to come true. Ideally we get the first pick and Kawhi lol.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,803

Post#85 » by kulaz3000 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:54 pm

I've said it in another thread, but I'd prefer going after someone like Richaun Holmes over Lonzo. He isn't a defensive stopped exactly, but he is a capable rim protector, and he is a solid presence downlow who I think will fit next to Vuc, who can also operate in the high post very well and make the 3 point shot at a good clip. Plus, he is versatile to play both big positions.

Yes, we would still have a hole at point guard, but we could attempt to facilitate a sign and trade, or trade for a veteran point guard.
Why so serious?
Leslie Forman
RealGM
And1: 6,300

Post#86 » by Leslie Forman » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:01 am

Kawhi did not leave Toronto and buy like a trillion dollars of real estate in California to move to freakin Chicago.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#87 » by Michael Jackson » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:13 am

Leslie Forman wrote:Kawhi did not leave Toronto and buy like a trillion dollars of real estate in California to move to freakin Chicago.

No he surely did not. He can move teams without changing stadiums and that is what he would do most likely. Miami is still possible but he is ring or bust at this point.
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#88 » by TheFinishSniper » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:20 am

I dont know who is next target but we now know AK can pull off some big deals out nowhere. Wouldnt be suprised if Lonzo was just smoke. Serious smoke nonetheless. There are no free agent targets much left, but sign and trade and another trade deal now including last year #4 pick, Coby White and possibly Thad could be in works.

Isssue isnt with Thad, but finding solution at backcourt is bigger than Thad at this moment. You move simply move Thad, likely backup for starter at PG. It's about roster balance.

Either way this summer will be really interesting from that perspective unless Bulls simply win lottery.
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#89 » by TheStig » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:42 am

Michael Jackson wrote:
Leslie Forman wrote:Kawhi did not leave Toronto and buy like a trillion dollars of real estate in California to move to freakin Chicago.

No he surely did not. He can move teams without changing stadiums and that is what he would do most likely. Miami is still possible but he is ring or bust at this point.

Kawhi had the chance to join the Lakers and picked the Clippers.

Kawhi is also from SD. He's not moving from LA. He likes being able to a chopper into the stadium.
TheStig
RealGM

Post#90 » by TheStig » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:45 am

The question is not who is the target. It is what assets we have. That determines who we can go after.

We have a 2025 1sts, we can swap between then, we have 2nds, we've got Coby, Thad, Sato, and Pwill (though I doubt they trade him).
Cabbage bulls
Senior
And1: 594

Post#91 » by Cabbage bulls » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:06 am

Kwahi comes here because it gives him the best chance to win. Simple as that. The Bulls have 2 bonafide all stars. Chicago is a world class city and the 3rd biggest market in the US. If he wins one here, he becomes an absolute god in the city.
Leslie Forman
RealGM

Post#92 » by Leslie Forman » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:16 am

TheStig wrote:We have a 2025 1sts, we can swap between then, we have 2nds, we've got Coby, Thad, Sato, and Pwill (though I doubt they trade him).

Well if that's not a Giannis package I don't know what is!
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#93 » by Michael Jackson » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:17 am

TheStig wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:

Kawhi is also from SD. He's not moving from LA. He likes being able to a chopper into the stadium.

He did and he got PG there and it has not been smooth and easy so far. If they look bad in the playoffs he could easily cross the hallway. The Lakers were an option it wasn’t like he wouldn’t have played there. It’s possible.
TheStig
RealGM

Post#94 » by TheStig » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:36 am

Michael Jackson wrote:
TheStig wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:

He did and he got PG there and it has not been smooth and easy so far. If they look bad in the playoffs he could easily cross the hallway. The Lakers were an option it wasn’t like he wouldn’t have played there. It’s possible.

I can't see it happening. He'd be the 3rd banana and I don't think West facilitates a sign and trade.
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 14,955

Post#95 » by Mk0 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:33 am

TheStig wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:

Dude just spent 17 mil on a mansion in the palisades.
https://patch.com/california/pacificpalisades/kawhi-leonard-buys-pacific-palisades-home-17-million

To go along with his 6.725 million dollar penthouse across the street from the Staples Center.
https://homeofplaymakers.com/inside-look-at-clippers-superstar-kawhi-leonards-new-penthouse/6

As well as his 13.3 million dollar 5 acre family compound near San Diego.
https://www.latimes.com/business/realestate/hot-property/la-fi-hotprop-kawhi-leonard-rancho-santa-fe-home-20190124-story.html

Miami is the only franchise and city that could make a recruitment case.
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
Leslie Forman
RealGM

Post#96 » by Leslie Forman » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:42 am

Mk0 wrote:Dude just spent 17 mil on a mansion in the palisades.
https://patch.com/california/pacificpalisades/kawhi-leonard-buys-pacific-palisades-home-17-million

To go along with his 6.725 million dollar penthouse across the street from the Staples Center.
https://homeofplaymakers.com/inside-look-at-clippers-superstar-kawhi-leonards-new-penthouse/6

https://www.latimes.com/business/realestate/hot-property/la-fi-hotprop-kawhi-leonard-rancho-santa-fe-home-20190124-story.html

He's also playing for the richest owner in the league who is willing to spend whatever it takes, and, as criticized as he is, a quality #2 in PG (when he was a #1 he was way better than either Zach or Vuc).

But he's going to come to some cold weather city he has no connection to, to play for Reinsdorf, and a team that miiiight barely make the East playoffs?

The dude isn't gonna even give them a meeting.
SalmonsSuperfan
Starter
And1: 2,125

Post#97 » by SalmonsSuperfan » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:08 am

D’angelo russell
TheStig
RealGM

Post#98 » by TheStig » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:24 am

Mk0 wrote:
TheStig wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:

Yeah, he got 3 places in SoCal to go to Miami? Sneaky......
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,154

Post#99 » by HomoSapien » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:38 am

Leonard obviously is a longshot, but when you have a ton of money, it's pretty easy to talk yourself into making impulsive decisions.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 14,955

Post#100 » by Mk0 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:34 am

TheStig wrote:
Mk0 wrote:
TheStig wrote:Kawhi had the chance to join the Lakers and picked the Clippers.

Yeah, he got 3 places in SoCal to go to Miami? Sneaky......

I was backing your point, that was why I put all the links.

I don't think he is going anywhere. Miami is a dark horse candidate considering lifestyle, FO and talent pool. But that is a long shot.
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel

Return to Chicago Bulls