Image ImageImage Image

PG:Bulls Lose

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Re: PG:Bulls Lose 

Post#101 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:24 am

Something is wrong here.. Losing continues!
I mean BD and co. arent exactly doing their job as good as we hoped. We were all happy that JB is gone, but at least we played good defense. Now its not here nor there. Zach struggling is hurting the Bulls sure, but... I dont know, just dissapointing loss once again, bad offense, bad defense.. I would put Theis in starting lineup, bcs Vuc is also bad on D. If Zach is hurt give him a god damn rest for two games. AKME should put their foot on the ground for it.

Sato/Lavine/PWill/Theis/Vucevic
White/Temple/Brown/Thad/Lauri

But there has to be one or the other Zach/Vuc on the floor all the time, also one defensive stoper aka PWill or Brown.
2018C3
Pro Prospect
And1: 539

Post#102 » by 2018C3 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:41 am

For a play off push, this is what I would like to try as a starting lineup:

Center: Nikola Vucevic
Power Forward: Daniel Theis or Thaddeous Young
Small Forward: ? (I'm Not Sure it should be Patrick Willams) Maybe Thaddeous Young or even try Troy Brown Jr.
Shooting Guard: Zach LaVine
Point Guard: Tomas Satoransky

Sixth Man Guard: Coby White (Backing up both positions and used as a scorer).
Lauri Markkanen should be used the same way, to provide minutes at both Center, and Power Forward

It's up to the coach to find the correct minutes for the rest of the guys, and find a productive 2nd unit.

If you have a healthy Zack. and Vucevic starting the game, I think the coach needs to find a way to also address defensive concerns, and move a few of the other offensive geared personnel into the 2nd unit.

We should start the game with a Veteran presence, and substitute the younger developmental guys in. If they play well, then keep them in on a situational basis until they become consistent contributors.
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#103 » by ZOMG » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:44 am

PrimzyBulls81 wrote:Something is wrong here.. Losing continues!
I mean BD and co. arent exactly doing their job as good as we hoped. We were all happy that JB is gone, but at least we played good defense. Now its not here nor there. Zach struggling is hurting the Bulls sure, but... I dont know, just dissapointing loss once again, bad offense, bad defense.. I would put Theis in starting lineup, bcs Vuc is also bad on D. If Zach is hurt give him a god damn rest for two games. AKME should put their foot on the ground for it.

Sato/Lavine/PWill/Theis/Vucevic
White/Temple/Brown/Thad/Lauri

But there has to be one or the other Zach/Vuc on the floor all the time, also one defensive stoper aka PWill or Brown.

PWill and Brown are defensive stoppers now??? :lol: :lol:

Williams has been one of the worst Bulls defenders all season and Brown has done nothing so far to suggest he's above average in any way.

These fan narratives absolutely kill me.
2018C3
Pro Prospect
And1: 539

Post#104 » by 2018C3 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:53 am

The team is week at both Small Forward, and Point.

It not Patrick's fault, The guy is still only 19, and has hit the rookie wall, and has not yet found that 2nd gear. With the new makeup of the team, it might be time at this point in the season to try something else to start the games. If he is going to be used as just a decoy in the early minutes, there is really no use for him to be out there. He would have more success against a opposing teams 2nd unit.

Its entirely possible that Troy Brown JR may have more to offer "today" being a 3rd year player although he himself is still very young.
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#105 » by TheFinishSniper » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:10 am

2018C3 wrote:The team is week at both Small Forward, and Point.

It not Patrick's fault, The guy is still only 19, and has hit the rookie wall, and has not yet found that 2nd gear. With the new makeup of the team, it might be time at this point in the season to try something else to start the games. If he is going to be used as just a decoy in the early minutes, there is really no use for him to be out there. He would have more success against a opposing teams 2nd unit.

Its entirely possible that Troy Brown JR may have more to offer "today" being a 3rd year player although he himself is still very young.

He is bad and should be traded in offseason.
HOTCARL_o
Sixth Man
And1: 155

Post#106 » by HOTCARL_o » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:15 am

2018C3 wrote:Its going to take some time. The Bulls made a lot of changes this last week. You cant just toss a bunch of guys together mid season and always expect instant results.

I think the best thing to do, is relax and don't get overly worked up. Let the team have some practices together.

Most the new guys probably only had a few hours of sleep since this all happened, and Zack is hobbled.

Agree there’s going to be an adjustment period for this team. New rotations and roles for certain players, Billy is still trying to figure that out right now. It’s not like we traded for non rotational pieces. This is the first time in awhile I’ve been excited about the Bulls and believe they’re headed in the right direction.
DJhitek
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,354

Post#107 » by DJhitek » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:53 am

This is a tough stretch of games, but this is still a lottery team right now.
mtron32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,997

Post#108 » by mtron32 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:17 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:
d boy gentleman wrote:Very bad loss against a not so good Warriors team

Vuc with a good game; Zach's struggles continue. He needs to sit

Nothing from the bench

Discuss...

The Warriors have actually been pretty good this season when Curry plays. They are 1-6 without him and 23-17 with him.. and he was really good tonight.

This is what I don't get, They have Steph, a two time MVP, 3 time champion PG that single handedly changed the game, at the helm of their team.
ThreeMileAllan
Veteran
And1: 770

Post#109 » by ThreeMileAllan » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:25 am

Who gets to be in the lottery the teams that lose the playin? Or the 9 and 10 seeds

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
On the Crawford/Rose bandwagon in 2002... 2009, 2011, 2012, 2017... :laugh: Finally in 2018! 16 year wait!
SfBull
Head Coach
And1: 1,698

Post#110 » by SfBull » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:27 am

We need a good point guard.We aren't a playoff team yet.Theis' minutes should increase for improving our defense.The Warriors played very well.I didn't like the refereeing.
Maybe we'll return to the lottery in June.
To the next game.
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,548

Post#111 » by PaKii94 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:29 am

The Box Office wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:Also if lauri is benched, thad is NOT the answer. He's already a worse turnstile on defense vs Lauri. And now he doesn't get fully utilized in his center hub role which made him so impactful earlier on with vuc in the floor.

Wha? This is an odd thing to state, since you idolize Jimmy Butler, who is tremendous on defense. But you go out of your way to defend Lauri, who doesn't play defense at all.

Because I care about the balance. I'll admit Lauri has flaws on defense but his shooting outweighs what Thad brings to the table in a starting role. Like I said if Lauri is benched then I'd start theis or PWill.

On offense what thad provides is redundant with Vuc's skillset (offensive hub). In that case Lauri's shooting gravity would help more. Thad would also then be more useful running some of the offense off the bench (48 mins of offensive hub between vuc and thad)

On defense, thad is living on his past reputation. As bad as you think lauri has been, he's still be an average to slightly below average defender if you look at the defensive impact numbers.(still has been dissapointing and should be a lot better). Thad's been near the bottom of the league.

The eye test also shows the same. Thad's not big enough to protect the rim or fast enough to stop drives. He's left with taking charges or swiping at the ball when it's driven by. He does it 1-2 times a game but it doesn't overcome the multiple possessions lost the other way
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,637

Post#112 » by DuckIII » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:57 am

Patrick Lee Williams needs to start playing with this mentality more than once every 6-8 games. It’s just a state of mind. You could see immediately that he came out with a different approach. You can always see it pretty quickly when he chooses to do it. He needs to choose to do it more. And really that’s all it is. A choice.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,602

Post#113 » by Ice Man » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:04 pm

GoBlue72391 wrote:I'm beginning to think the perimeter D is the true crux of the problem which in turn makes our interior and help D awful as well.

Bingo!

Watch the Heat and you'll see the difference. Bam admittedly is an excellent defensive center, better than anybody we now or did have. But he doesn't often have to bail out the guys. The Heat have a mobile wall when the opposition gets near the paint. They don't expose their bigs to penetration after penetration.

The Bulls are good at challenging 3 point attempts. They get out there. But the perimeter defenders are poor at keeping their man in front of them, and brutal at working together -- hedging, feinting doubles, knowing when to blitz, all the things that turn man defense into team defense.

It should also be said that the Warriors played great last night. They are a .500 team but they played a lot better than that.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#114 » by DuckIII » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:26 pm

Nice seeing Lauri bounce back with an efficient shooting night. Hopefully that continues and perhaps we can get a decent sign and trade out of him. Given our “all-in” mentality, we can’t let him go to waste as an asset.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,543

Post#115 » by Andi Obst » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:35 pm

Finding the right balance and the best rotations will take some time, I‘m not worried. Loved the Theis minutes and the aggressive version of Pat. More of both, please.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#116 » by DuckIII » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:37 pm

Little Nathan wrote:Finding the right balance and the best rotations will take some time, I‘m not worried. Loved the Theis minutes and the aggressive version of Pat. More of both, please.

Well, I am worried. But I agree about everything else.
Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#117 » by Andi Obst » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:47 pm

DuckIII wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:Finding the right balance and the best rotations will take some time, I‘m not worried. Loved the Theis minutes and the aggressive version of Pat. More of both, please.

Well, I am worried. But I agree about everything else.

Maybe my expectations are just lower, but I didn’t expect this team to make a significant jump in the standings with so many roster changes in the middle of the season. Still think we’ll make the play-in. Actual playoffs? I don’t know about that.

Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,602

Post#118 » by Ice Man » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:48 pm

Yes, agree. Theis and Aggressive Pat are both plus players. But like Duck, I confess to being worried.
Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#119 » by Andi Obst » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:53 pm

By the way, the next 5 games will be REALLY interesting:

@PHX, @UTA, BRK, @IND, @TOR

ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#120 » by ZOMG » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:53 pm

DuckIII wrote:Patrick Lee Williams needs to start playing with this mentality more than once every 6-8 games. It’s just a state of mind. You could see immediately that he came out with a different approach. You can always see it pretty quickly when he chooses to do it. He needs to choose to do it more. And really that’s all it is. A choice.

It's not just a choice. Patrick's offensive output / activity is fully dependent on how much the other team cheats off him. When they completely ignore him, a light sometimes goes on in his head and he starts cutting. He doesn't get bonus points for that, though. It's basic basketball.

Sharp off-ball movement is the only thing that he can create any kind of gravity with right now anyway. He's been shooting OK from the perimeter, but his volume is so low that he doesn't scare anyone there. Plus he has the ultra slow release.

Here's a question: does Williams actually have the ability to take normal jumpers on the move or directly after receiving a pass? Feels like it's always either a sloooow spot up 3 pointer or the weird pull-up / floater hybrid (whch is a very bad shot). Haven't seen him take normal, quick jump shots. It's almost like there's an issue with his mechanics or something.

Defensively he's been an absolute train wreck for a while now. Patrick is just so invisible on the court that people don't seem to notice.

Return to Chicago Bulls