Image ImageImage Image

PG:Booker Beats Bulls

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Fastbrk4brkfast
General Manager
And1: 2,742

Re: PG:Booker Beats Bulls 

Post#121 » by Fastbrk4brkfast » Thu Apr 1, 2021 10:15 pm

Rewatch note - the Bulls lost this one on the offensive possessions around the 2 minute mark of the 4th. The first was that one where we got a couple orebs and Denzel missed 2 3s. After that, out of a play stoppage they got it to Thad down low and he drew a foul. Problem is Vucevic didn't touch the ball either time. Maybe a 5 point swing cause Vuc would've got the and-1 on that 2nd play.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,005

Post#122 » by Chi town » Fri Apr 2, 2021 1:15 am

TheSuzerain wrote:
Fastbrk4brkfast wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:I'm now convinced we don't actually want a playmaking PG to run the offense.

We can't get away with a bad defender at the 1 next to Lavine.

This topic right here. Why does this team need a traditional pass-first playmaking point guard? It's worth asking because it's all about trade-offs when you look at point guards around the league. You make the grocery list of qualities you'd like your point guard to have

Good playmaker
Good spot up shooter
Good defender
Creation off dribble
etc etc

Whatever you want the Bulls point guard to be. And each quality you add in represents a significantly morepoi expensive player than the last until you toss in something like "playoff experience" and now your entire market's down to Chris Paul.

Point being I don't think you find point guards that are significantly better than Sato and Coby without breaking the bank for a player at least a contract older than Lonzo Ball.

I do think we need playmaking. But let's get it at the Forward spot.

And that means you can instead target a 3/D guard which are very attainable.

That’s basically what Lonzo is. 3D wing that can pass and push the tempo. He’s a really smart and good defender. I just don’t like his price tag. I do believe he will continue to get better and become a Luol Deng level PG.
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,323

Post#123 » by Stratmaster » Fri Apr 2, 2021 1:26 am

Fastbrk4brkfast wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:I'm now convinced we don't actually want a playmaking PG to run the offense.

We can't get away with a bad defender at the 1 next to Lavine.

This topic right here. Why does this team need a traditional pass-first playmaking point guard? It's worth asking because it's all about trade-offs when you look at point guards around the league. You make the grocery list of qualities you'd like your point guard to have

Good playmaker
Good spot up shooter
Good defender
Creation off dribble
etc etc

Whatever you want the Bulls point guard to be. And each quality you add in represents a significantly morepoi expensive player than the last until you toss in something like "playoff experience" and now your entire market's down to Chris Paul.

Point being I don't think you find point guards that are significantly better than Sato and Coby without breaking the bank for a player at least a contract older than Lonzo Ball.
I just want an A+ defender with the handles to get the ball up the court against pressure.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,083

Post#124 » by MrSparkle » Fri Apr 2, 2021 2:03 am

One thing I'm concluding is that Arci and Sato aren't really PGs, but 3D players trapped in the size/athleticism of a pure PG. They can't really handle the ball at a high level.

Return to Chicago Bulls