Image ImageImage Image

PG:Booker Beats Bulls

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,790

Re: PG:Booker Beats Bulls 

Post#21 » by WindyCityBorn » Thu Apr 1, 2021 4:30 am

MJPipRose wrote:We really need to get a win. Enough experimenting, usually teams who trade for all star players have honeymoon period of winning.

We traded for one, but also lost one. So it’s still one great offensive player and bunch of OK players right now. And no one to take control of a game like Paul.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,651

Post#22 » by DuckIII » Thu Apr 1, 2021 4:30 am

I thought we played pretty well, actually. From pretty much everyone.

Booker put on a shooting clinic. It was spellbinding watching all the different shots he has in his bag of tricks. Wow.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
cool007
RealGM
And1: 3,104

Post#23 » by cool007 » Thu Apr 1, 2021 4:31 am

Like I said, Booker was licking his chops when he heard that Lavine was out. He knew he could just focus on scoring and didn't need to guard his clone on the other end.

CP3 has changed the whole team's attitude and his leadership is just outstanding. I am definitely jealous and wish we had him. He would have been huge for Lavine's game and maturity as well.

Lauri great in the 1st half, not so good in the 2nd half (as usual). Thad/Vuc did their thing. Valentine had good moments until the final minutes of the 4th qtr. He just sucked and when he missed that 3pt shot and Booker got fouled at the 3pt line and made 3 free throws, that's where the game was basically over.

I am beginning to not like Billy that much. He needs to put a LOT of emphasis on defense and change some defensive scheme. He also never challenges a shot - basically just wastes them. What is the point of saving if you never use it anyway? Also, he can't have some weird lineup for way too long and have 1 of Thad/Vuc on the bench for a long period of time. We didn't lose the momentum but got close. Thanks for Valentine's few scoring, or the game would have been over then. I also don't like Billy not working the refs as we ALWAYS get screwed by refs and he sits on his ass.
AKfanatic
RealGM
And1: 10,068

Post#24 » by AKfanatic » Thu Apr 1, 2021 4:32 am

d boy gentleman wrote:
Leslie Forman wrote:DeAndre Ayton is just Wendell Carter on growth hormones. Drafting him over Luka Doncic :nonono:

:lol:

Harsh...

The Kings taking Bagley over Luka is more yikes than Ayton at 1. I understand taking a 7 footer at 1...

The Kings won that slot in the draft by coin flip with the Bulls and absolutely wasted their good fortune.... what’s worse, is everyone knew they’d screwed up in real-time with exception of fans that were in the draft prospect threads railing against Luka and his taste in music..
NocioniHomie
Ballboy
And1: 21

Post#25 » by NocioniHomie » Thu Apr 1, 2021 4:33 am

I don't know if it's possible to articulate just how excruciating this Bulls team has been to follow/watch. I mean it hurts. Like physically hurts every game. Any professional sports team has their worthy gripes, but between the refs, blown leads, sloppy play, opponents shooting lights out, random burst of hope, signs of competent basketball....immediately followed by 6-point plays, missed assignments, poor decision-making...fighting back tooth and nail.....then total lack of clutch performance (Denzel airs two wide open threes, Thad misses layup), Donovan sitting on challenges, followed by several more spirited bursts of scrappy play.....followed by inevitable loss we all saw coming...

It's like this horrible yet exhilirating clockwork. I really haven't experienced this kind of special agony as a fan. It's like eating ice cream while getting punched in the dick. I think we should just take a moment....collectively.....to appreciate just how insane it feels to watch Bulls games.
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,764

Post#26 » by Jeffster81 » Thu Apr 1, 2021 4:33 am

Bulls are missing the playoffs, aren't they?

Sports are stupid.
Rupert
Freshman
And1: 33

Post#27 » by Rupert » Thu Apr 1, 2021 4:34 am

Bulls played incredible they should have won the game. Booker was just too good he couldn't miss
chefo
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,386

Post#28 » by chefo » Thu Apr 1, 2021 4:37 am

On another note, the refs can foul out Crowder in 3 min flat in they actually call all of the BS holding, reaching, flopping and pushing he does.
Leslie Forman
RealGM
And1: 6,300

Post#29 » by Leslie Forman » Thu Apr 1, 2021 4:37 am

d boy gentleman wrote:The Kings taking Bagley over Luka is more yikes than Ayton at 1. I understand taking a 7 footer at 1...

Why? Because he's 84 inches instead of 83 inches tall? Does that make a player better somehow?

True centers that aren't annihilating everyone like a real-life Terminator = total waste of assets
The Force.
Head Coach
And1: 2,112

Post#30 » by The Force. » Thu Apr 1, 2021 4:40 am

By next week the Bulls will be nipping at Toronto's heels for the esteemed 7 spot. It will be our gift to Orlando on draft day.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
Fastbrk4brkfast
General Manager
And1: 2,742

Post#31 » by Fastbrk4brkfast » Thu Apr 1, 2021 4:42 am

Bout to go to Walgreens and actually felt like grabbing my Bulls cap. It hasn't seen much action this month. Hang in there Bulls fans.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,273

Post#32 » by kodo » Thu Apr 1, 2021 4:42 am

The Suns are an elite team, this was a surprisingly close game considering Lavine being out.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,248

Post#33 » by Dan Z » Thu Apr 1, 2021 5:00 am

AKfanatic wrote:
d boy gentleman wrote:
Leslie Forman wrote:DeAndre Ayton is just Wendell Carter on growth hormones. Drafting him over Luka Doncic :nonono:

:lol:

Harsh...

The Kings taking Bagley over Luka is more yikes than Ayton at 1. I understand taking a 7 footer at 1...

The Kings won that slot in the draft by coin flip with the Bulls and absolutely wasted their good fortune.... what’s worse, is everyone knew they’d screwed up in real-time with exception of fans that were in the draft prospect threads railing against Luka and his taste in music..

Doncic in a Bulls jersey would've been nice. I'm sure the Kings would like to have him right now too!

Wait...now that I think about it, would getting Doncic mean that GarPax would still be in charge?
Dresden
RealGM
And1: 5,904

Post#34 » by Dresden » Thu Apr 1, 2021 5:01 am

cool007 wrote:Like I said, Booker was licking his chops when he heard that Lavine was out. He knew he could just focus on scoring and didn't need to guard his clone on the other end.

CP3 has changed the whole team's attitude and his leadership is just outstanding. I am definitely jealous and wish we had him. He would have been huge for Lavine's game and maturity as well.

Lauri great in the 1st half, not so good in the 2nd half (as usual). Thad/Vuc did their thing. Valentine had good moments until the final minutes of the 4th qtr. He just sucked and when he missed that 3pt shot and Booker got fouled at the 3pt line and made 3 free throws, that's where the game was basically over.

I am beginning to not like Billy that much. He needs to put a LOT of emphasis on defense and change some defensive scheme. He also never challenges a shot - basically just wastes them. What is the point of saving if you never use it anyway? Also, he can't have some weird lineup for way too long and have 1 of Thad/Vuc on the bench for a long period of time. We didn't lose the momentum but got close. Thanks for Valentine's few scoring, or the game would have been over then. I also don't like Billy not working the refs as we ALWAYS get screwed by refs and he sits on his ass.

Wow. Less than a season in, and already you want a new coach.
Dresden
RealGM

Post#35 » by Dresden » Thu Apr 1, 2021 5:04 am

I honestly don't know why Valentine can't put up something like 15/5/4 every single game. He seems to have a ton of skill, and he's got decent size. But for some reason, he just hardly ever does.
Dresden
RealGM

Post#36 » by Dresden » Thu Apr 1, 2021 5:05 am

I don't know why people are frustrated after a game like this- we played one of the best teams in the west, without our best player, and only lost by 5.
Am2626
Analyst
And1: 1,011

Post#37 » by Am2626 » Thu Apr 1, 2021 5:07 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:Signs of life, fellas.

Is it really? We have been losing close games all season. I guess better than **** show recently.

Vuc is the real deal though. Of that I have no question.

Think about how good this team is adding a healthy LaVine. They were also missing Temple and Coby White. Not concerned at all about winning these games.
VolumePoster
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,025

Post#38 » by VolumePoster » Thu Apr 1, 2021 5:16 am

The bulls aren’t getting wins, but they sure are adding good players. Not sure how I feel about that but VUc and Theis are nice additions and TBJ has some ability as well
d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,312

Post#39 » by d boy gentleman » Thu Apr 1, 2021 5:17 am

Leslie Forman wrote:
d boy gentleman wrote:The Kings taking Bagley over Luka is more yikes than Ayton at 1. I understand taking a 7 footer at 1...

Why? Because he's 84 inches instead of 83 inches tall? Does that make a player better somehow?

True centers that aren't annihilating everyone like a real-life Terminator = total waste of assets

While Ayton isn't lighting it like Luka, he's not exactly a scrub. Bagley on the other hand, YIKES :o
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,625

Post#40 » by Repeat 3-peat » Thu Apr 1, 2021 5:25 am

Read on Twitter

Return to Chicago Bulls