Image ImageImage Image

PG: Finally!

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Re: PG: Finally! 

Post#101 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun Apr 4, 2021 11:55 pm

DASMACKDOWN wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:One thing we haven't discussed yet is that we most definitely need to resign Theis or at least replace him with someone else who is an agile defender. What's it going to cost to keep him in Chicago?

How much will Noel Nerlens cost?

He made 5 mil this year on a 1 year deal. So my guess is alot more than that.

How much money will we have after renouncing Lauri and Valentine?
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,610

Post#102 » by Repeat 3-peat » Sun Apr 4, 2021 11:57 pm

Dan Z wrote:
DASMACKDOWN wrote:
Dan Z wrote:

Do you think he's worth pursuing?

nah
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,544

Post#103 » by dice » Sun Apr 4, 2021 11:57 pm

when sato outplays kyrie, good things happen
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
Fastbrk4brkfast
General Manager
And1: 2,742

Post#104 » by Fastbrk4brkfast » Mon Apr 5, 2021 12:00 am

Fastbrk4brkfast wrote:
FriedRise wrote:Coby went from the starting point guard to being benched to now fighting for minutes with Denzel and Troy Brown. I think Coby will eventually figure it out, but Troy Brown just impacts the team so much more positively. He's a better defender, better finisher (more in control), and doesn't make questionable plays / take questionable shots.

Coby will be fine. Donovan will look to him, he'll have his chances. Troy better get his too. If you have a guy on the bench who can d up Kyrie Irving you have to use him.

Correction: Brown didn't just play Kyrie well but the pick and roll in general. That's sorely needed on this club. He still allows too many back cuts but so does everyone else competing for the same minutes.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,239

Post#105 » by Dan Z » Mon Apr 5, 2021 12:01 am

Repeat 3-peat wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
DASMACKDOWN wrote:

nah

I'm not saying he's great, but you can show clips of Michael Jordan missing shots and say he's bad (I'm not comparing MJ to Noel).
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,555

Post#106 » by Dominator83 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 12:21 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:
We're both wrong, he let it fly with about 8 secs left. It's fine because because it went in, but it was still an ill advised shot when he took it.
Wait. I just checked the play by play. It was a 26 footer with 4 seconds on the shot clock, like I thought. But good try!

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app

How is that? The PBP shows TBJ getting an OR at 1:32 Lavines shot went in at 1:22. It was in the air for at least 2.5 secs. That would mean he let it go with at least 7.5 left. It doesn't matter anyone who knows anything about the game would tell you that is a bad decision right there. Like I said it worked out because it went in and we won, but that doesn't change the fact that it was a bad shot.

after offensive boards you only get 14 now not 24
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Grodoboldo
Analyst
And1: 2,819

Post#107 » by Grodoboldo » Mon Apr 5, 2021 12:22 am

Fastbrk4brkfast wrote:
Fastbrk4brkfast wrote:
FriedRise wrote:Coby went from the starting point guard to being benched to now fighting for minutes with Denzel and Troy Brown. I think Coby will eventually figure it out, but Troy Brown just impacts the team so much more positively. He's a better defender, better finisher (more in control), and doesn't make questionable plays / take questionable shots.

Coby will be fine. Donovan will look to him, he'll have his chances. Troy better get his too. If you have a guy on the bench who can d up Kyrie Irving you have to use him.

Correction: Brown didn't just play Kyrie well but the pick and roll in general. That's sorely needed on this club. He still allows too many back cuts but so does everyone else competing for the same minutes.

Yeah, good catch. If TBJ can be a good PoA defender, he might have a case to eventually be a starter at the 3 alongside Pat at the 4.
Constantly underwhelmed by the Bulls.
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#108 » by johnnyvann840 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 12:44 am

Dominater wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:Wait. I just checked the play by play. It was a 26 footer with 4 seconds on the shot clock, like I thought. But good try!

How is that? The PBP shows TBJ getting an OR at 1:32 Lavines shot went in at 1:22. It was in the air for at least 2.5 secs. That would mean he let it go with at least 7.5 left. It doesn't matter anyone who knows anything about the game would tell you that is a bad decision right there. Like I said it worked out because it went in and we won, but that doesn't change the fact that it was a bad shot.

after offensive boards you only get 14 now not 24

I know. I was wrong it was 4 seconds. Let's just drop the subject already. It's a waste of time.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 15,451

Post#109 » by Mk0 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 1:02 am

Theis isn't being replaced by Nerlens Noel.

He isn't just grimey defense, dude can spread the floor with a respectable 3 and as we saw today, Vuc hit a cutting Theis who made a touch pass out to Sato for 3. The guy isn't just a defender. He is showing some real nice BBIQ on both sides of the court.
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,081

Post#110 » by NecessaryEvil » Mon Apr 5, 2021 1:12 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,081

Post#111 » by NecessaryEvil » Mon Apr 5, 2021 1:16 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,654

Post#112 » by sco » Mon Apr 5, 2021 1:21 am

Dan Z wrote:
DASMACKDOWN wrote:
Dan Z wrote:

It'll come down to opportunity cost. We'd benefit from upgrading either PG or one of our forward spots more than we would a backup C. If we didn't nab Vuc, Noel would have been near the top of my list.
:clap:
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,903

Post#113 » by weneeda2guard » Mon Apr 5, 2021 1:44 am

I fully understand that with harden and durant we have no shot against these guys

But this was still a good win. The 3 of them haven't played with each but I think 6 games all season so even with that absence they were 1st in the east and they actually played to win today. We overcame them taking an early lead and them making 3 surges to try and get back in the game. We held strong and fought for that win. It's well deserved
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,311

Post#114 » by d boy gentleman » Mon Apr 5, 2021 1:49 am

weneeda2guard wrote:I fully understand that with harden and durant we have no shot against these guys

But this was still a good win. The 3 of them haven't played with each but I think 6 games all season so even with that absence they were 1st in the east and they actually played to win today. We overcame them taking an early lead and them making 3 surges to try and get back in the game. We held strong and fought for that win. It's well deserved

I know this is OT, but shouldn't you change your username? I mean, we got Zach. Should be "weneedapointguard" :dontknow:
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Post#115 » by WindyCityBorn » Mon Apr 5, 2021 1:57 am

NecessaryEvil wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

This kid is a keeper.
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,903

Post#116 » by weneeda2guard » Mon Apr 5, 2021 2:00 am

d boy gentleman wrote:
weneeda2guard wrote:I fully understand that with harden and durant we have no shot against these guys

I know this is OT, but shouldn't you change your username? I mean, we got Zach. Should be "weneedapointguard" :dontknow:

I have had that name since 2011 when we were starting Bogans. Lol
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,637

Post#117 » by DuckIII » Mon Apr 5, 2021 2:01 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
NecessaryEvil wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

This kid is a keeper.

I don’t have any idea how it will work out. He appeared to be taking a big step forward last year, but this year he was pretty terrible.

Regardless, I loved him coming out of Oregon and he was my sneaky favorite element of our trade deadline overhaul. So I’m rooting hard for him. He could be a real gem.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,323

Post#118 » by Stratmaster » Mon Apr 5, 2021 2:04 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:
We're both wrong, he let it fly with about 8 secs left. It's fine because because it went in, but it was still an ill advised shot when he took it.
Wait. I just checked the play by play. It was a 26 footer with 4 seconds on the shot clock, like I thought. But good try!

It was of an offensive rebound. 14 second shot clock. I saw it during the game. The time of the shot is when the player releases it. If he shot it with 1 second left it wouldn't show the shot as being made 16 seconds after the rebound. It doesn't work that way.

He was wide open and the chance of making a pass with 4 seconds left from 26vfeet away from the basket, getting a better shot, and having it go in... especially from an inferior shooter, is almost nil.

If he passes it up he would have been called afraid to take the shot.

He hit a huge shot to bail his team out.

ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,455

Post#119 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Mon Apr 5, 2021 2:18 am

I want more of both TBJ and Green. Why do we need to play valentine at all? What does he bring we don’t already have enough of? We need lank, athletic defenders.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,411

Post#120 » by fleet » Mon Apr 5, 2021 2:41 am

CobyWhite0 wrote:The last 13 games, Lauri is now at 41.3% from the field and 29.9% on 3's - even though he's getting plenty of open 3's, taking 6+ per game. The more we can cut his minutes, the better our offense and defense will look.

I am just glad he’s now in the right rotation spot, and we can move on mental health-wise. Let the healing begin.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.

Return to Chicago Bulls