Image ImageImage Image

PG: The Vuce is loose

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,308

Re: PG: The Vuce is loose 

Post#21 » by coldfish » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:34 am

Bulls played like crap at times and still won comfortably. I think that’s a good thing.

Kudos to patW who had his best defensive game in a while (IMO)

Rebounding is an underrated phase of the game.

Hey Billy, please draw up a play against the 2-3 zone.

Coby had a few nice plays but he just irritates me with his defense.
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,546

Post#22 » by PaKii94 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:35 am

Billy just said Lauri got kicked in the leg again. He can't catch a break damn. :nonono:
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,058

Post#23 » by FriedRise » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:36 am

Up next: Toronto on Thursday who's missing 2 key rotation players and are currently getting blown out by the AD-less and Bron-less Lakers.

Also looking like we've shortened the rotation to 8 players: starters + Coby, Lauri, and TBJ.
CaPiTanAK
Pro Prospect
And1: 435

Post#24 » by CaPiTanAK » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:38 am

Butler4thewin wrote:
kulaz3000 wrote:It was going to take some time for the new players to be adjusted to their roles and the new schemes, and the existing players getting adjusted also with the new players and their new roles also. To me at least, development of the younger players, and getting the team to be familiar with Billy and his system is priority over wins, though getting more wins along the way would be nice also.

We still need to make more moves, but we have found two solid foundational players in Zach, Vuc and Pat, and it's just now a matter of finding which of the other players on the roster fit long term and continue to build the team. The future is looking bright in my eyes, and I think it's next season where we become a legitimate playoff team, and make a splash.

i wonder who the pg target will be for the coach if lonzo becomes not a possibility

Jalen Suggs will be our point guard if we miss the playoff. Ws either way.
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 15,261

Post#25 » by Mk0 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:38 am

Vucevic took 29 shots! Talk about attacking the mismatch.
32/17/5
14-29
4-7 on threes
* Those % get silly if the refs don't swallow their whistle on a few of those putbacks he attempted.

Lavine's jumper is still cold (4-12 from 3) but he attacked the paint and his two man game with Vucevic is coming along nicely. 19/8/6 with 3 TOs

Patrick continues to be the least aggressive starter but he shot 4-8 and made his only 3. 10/3/2 with 4 steals. Dude was all over the passing lanes.

Lauri was solid in 21m. He played fundamental defense, got a nice block, drained his 3s and was moving really well off ball. 15/6 in 21m is really nice production.

Coby is a mess with the ball in his hands but still manages to rack up 13/3r/6a. The kid has brain farts and his tunnel vision is painful to watch, but he has the ability to give your offense a shot in the arm. I think it was in the 2nd when he put up 5 straight and then Vucevic did the same. I think that was when we made our first real push on the lead.

Troy Brown Jr hustled his ass off. He only shot 1-4 but he was all over the court. He has earned all of Valentine's minutes and that pleases me.
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,707

Post#26 » by BullChit » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:38 am

Just_Bullz wrote:It was a game against understrength bums. C'mon guys, more work needed.

AK is planning like hell for the off-season now for sure.
More work needed but work has been done.

There is an argument that we lose this game last year... Hell we lose this game 2 weeks ago...

Beating down understrength bums is a good thing... Imagine if understrength bums beat us?

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,711

Post#27 » by madvillian » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:41 am

BullChit wrote:
Just_Bullz wrote:It was a game against understrength bums. C'mon guys, more work needed.

There is an argument that we lose this game last year... Hell we lose this game 2 weeks ago...

Beating down understrength bums is a good thing... Imagine if understrength bums beat us?

Not only did they win, they actually played some defense at critical times and didn't resort to Zach hero ball even when it tightened up. Refreshing, even against a weakened Pacers team.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
jordanwilliams6
Analyst
And1: 3,047

Post#28 » by jordanwilliams6 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:42 am

FriedRise wrote:Up next: Toronto on Thursday who's missing 2 key rotation players and are currently getting blown out by the AD-less and Bron-less Lakers.

Also looking like we've shortened the rotation to 8 players: starters + Coby, Lauri, and TBJ.

Theis will be in there too. I don't mind that 9 man rotation for now.
CaPiTanAK
Pro Prospect
And1: 435

Post#29 » by CaPiTanAK » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:44 am

PaKii94 wrote:Billy just said Lauri got kicked in the leg again. He can't catch a break damn. :nonono:

Likely anothe GarPax bust at this point. I’m just glad that we didn’t resign him to a huge contract. Lauri is too soft to be a NBA player.
erlim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,050

Post#30 » by erlim » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:45 am

Grodoboldo wrote:Valentine's turnover in garbage time while trying to pass to Felicio was the universe trying to balance the beauty that was that Thad to Zach pass.

I know both players are getting kind of old, but maybe it would be best for all parties involved to stash them on Windy City so they can practice passes, catching, and dribbling and things like that.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,250

Post#31 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:45 am

Everyone (for the most part) played pretty well. Coby still stinks to me. Can’t remember the last game he had that I was excited about.

I’ll give some unique credit, which is to Billy. One of his toughest tasks is staying on top of these guys and get them through some of the pathetic mental lapses they have. The start of the 4th was pathetic, gave up 10 points in less than 2 minutes and had zero points, 1 field goal attempt.

He was aggressive in his timeouts to keep the team focused, and Indy never really got close.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
CobyWhite0
Rookie
And1: 819

Post#32 » by CobyWhite0 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:46 am

PaKii94 wrote:If somehow lauri is retained, Vuc is a great role model for him. It could help his post game going against him and he could learn rebounding and playing defense as a ground bound big.

Best game from the bulls so far after the trade.

Coby is unfortunately still a pretty big anchor

Didn't really like Zach's game tonight. Had some nice passes and I liked that dunk but I was questioning half his decisions. Also he needs to work on holding on the ball in the off season. It flies out of his hands half the time.

The game was over as soon as turner was out. They are not a good team without that many top players.

Monster game from Vuc. Happy he's getting integrated into the offense. He's a lot more reliable offensive engine. 29 FGA though. Even in Lauri's wildest dreams he couldn't get that many :lol:

Did Troy Brown get "real" minutes tonight? LOL That's 2 games in a row he's getting the minutes over Val, I thought you said the trade was only Vuc taking Lauri's place?

13 points
6 assists
1 turnover
.658 TS%
+14 (Zach +16 and Troy Brown +15 were the only better +/-)

Ripping on Coby after he finally had a nice game? "A pretty big anchor"? Why am I not surprised LMAO? Too GD funny.

I know it's going to suck for some people to see us win with Lauri coming off the bench and only playing 21:32, but we'll all get used to it. Which is stupid, Lauri actually looked pretty good tonight.
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,707

Post#33 » by BullChit » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:49 am

madvillian wrote:
BullChit wrote:

Not only did they win, they actually played some defense at critical times and didn't resort to Zach hero ball even when it tightened up. Refreshing, even against a weakened Pacers team.

Some people on here act as though if we make the playoffs and lose in a competitive first round it's a failure.

It's championship or tank and nothing in between.

No longterm plan or incremental improvements...

Not trying to single you out Just_Bullz just an overall vibe on this board this season where we can't even enjoy a win like this game
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
Fastbrk4brkfast
General Manager
And1: 2,742

Post#34 » by Fastbrk4brkfast » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:49 am

Mk0 wrote:Vucevic took 29 shots! Talk about attacking the mismatch.
32/17/5
14-29
4-7 on threes
* Those % get silly if the refs don't swallow their whistle on a few of those putbacks he attempted.

Lavine's jumper is still cold (4-12 from 3) but he attacked the paint and his two man game with Vucevic is coming along nicely. 19/bet/6 with 3 TOs

Patrick continues to be the least aggressive starter but he shot 4-8 and made his only 3. 10/3/2 with 4 steals. Dude was all over the passing lanes.

Lauri was solid in 21m. He played fundamental defense, got a nice block, drained his 3s and was moving really well off ball. 15/6 in 21m is really nice production.

Coby is a mess with the ball in his hands but still manages to rack up 13/3r/6a. The kid has brain farts and his tunnel vision is painful to watch, but he has the ability to give your offense a shot in the arm. I think it was in the 2nd when he put up 5 straight and then Vucevic did the same. I think that was when we made our first real push on the lead.

Troy Brown Jr hustled his ass off. He only shot 1-4 but he was all over the court. He has earned all of Valentine's minutes and that pleases me.

Vuc has some potential for huge fga games like this because of his offensive rebounding. He had 6 tonight so that pads the fgas a bit .

I really really liked the White - Lavine - Brown - Young - Markkanen lineup. Perfect balance between youth and experience.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,005

Post#35 » by Chi town » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:50 am

Think we may have lost that one without Vuc tonight.

Sloppy turnovers and Zach still forcing it and trying to get back in rhythm.

Life from Lauri and Coby though
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,263

Post#36 » by kodo » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:50 am

Waaay too many TOs to win against a good team. 20 TOs will kill you most nights.
Sato only had 7 & 3 but I thought the team ran well with him out there.
Coby & Lauri looked solid as just scorers off the bench. 28 points from the bench from just those two is welcome. Neither tried to play outside their skillset.
Zach still hasn't found his shot, definitely didn't see any rhythm. Saw lots of hesitation. Still deciding if he should set up of Vuc or make his own move.

I thought we're overfeeding the post. I know everyone is trying to find the right balance, but Indiana saw it coming every possession and disrupted it quite often. Tons of TOs. Posting up in a perimeter league is fine, but doing it every single time is going get us burned.

Team will look good with more time to gel and a full offseason.
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,711

Post#37 » by madvillian » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:52 am

CobyWhite0 wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:If somehow lauri is retained, Vuc is a great role model for him. It could help his post game going against him and he could learn rebounding and playing defense as a ground bound big.

Best game from the bulls so far after the trade.

Coby is unfortunately still a pretty big anchor

Didn't really like Zach's game tonight. Had some nice passes and I liked that dunk but I was questioning half his decisions. Also he needs to work on holding on the ball in the off season. It flies out of his hands half the time.

The game was over as soon as turner was out. They are not a good team without that many top players.

Monster game from Vuc. Happy he's getting integrated into the offense. He's a lot more reliable offensive engine. 29 FGA though. Even in Lauri's wildest dreams he couldn't get that many :lol:

Did Troy Brown get "real" minutes tonight? LOL That's 2 games in a row he's getting the minutes over Val, I thought you said the trade was only Vuc taking Lauri's place?

13 points
6 assists
1 turnover
.658 TS%
+14 (Zach +16 and Troy Brown +15 were the only better +/-)

Ripping on Coby after he finally had a nice game? "A pretty big anchor"? Why am I not surprised LMAO? Too GD funny.

I know it's going to suck for some people to see us win with Lauri coming off the bench and only playing 21:32, but we'll all get used to it. Which is stupid, Lauri actually looked pretty good tonight.

I mean White had his moments, and god knows as someone that drafted White 9th round in Fantasy I thought he was going to have a big year, but he's been horse **** for long stretches. Defensively he was getting used and abused by TJ McConnell and had his usual handful of just stupid ass decisions offensively.

I hope White gets better but at this point he's a decent backup guard, nothing more.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,065

Post#38 » by NecessaryEvil » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:53 am

All the panic after the first two-three games

If teams need awhile to come together after training camp and preseason, how can you expect it with 5 new guys in the middle of the regular season?

After the 2021/2022 DRAFT & Free Agency, we're gonna be alot to deal with.
Grodoboldo
Analyst
And1: 2,819

Post#39 » by Grodoboldo » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:57 am

madvillian wrote:
Grodoboldo wrote:Valentine's turnover in garbage time while trying to pass to Felicio was the universe trying to balance the beauty that was that Thad to Zach pass.

Great chin strap on Felicio tho, that's a pro beard.

I just want to emphasize that that **** is not a Brazilian thing.
Constantly underwhelmed by the Bulls.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Post#40 » by WindyCityBorn » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:59 am

superdave wrote:Vuc is a stud offensively. Starting to see some chemistry with Lavine, though Zach only looks 80% due to his ankle.

I like Donovan tightening the rotation. Williams looked great out there defensively. TBJ looks decent, but where did his offensive skills go from college? (maybe he's pressing) I love Coby as Ben Gordon lite- but seeing his floor game and getting worked by McConnell (again) has me wondering if he'll ever be an NBA starting guard. Nice W for the Bulls

I don’t think Coby will ever be a starting guard, but that doesn’t mean he can’t be a good player. My expectations for him have been adjusted.

Return to Chicago Bulls