Image ImageImage Image

PG: The Vuce is loose

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,711

Re: PG: The Vuce is loose 

Post#41 » by madvillian » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:00 am

Grodoboldo wrote:
madvillian wrote:
Grodoboldo wrote:Valentine's turnover in garbage time while trying to pass to Felicio was the universe trying to balance the beauty that was that Thad to Zach pass.

Great chin strap on Felicio tho, that's a pro beard.

I just want to emphasize that that **** is not a Brazilian thing.

lol, your English is great, even know the slang for **** beards.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
Grodoboldo
Analyst
And1: 2,819

Post#42 » by Grodoboldo » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:01 am

erlim wrote:
Grodoboldo wrote:Valentine's turnover in garbage time while trying to pass to Felicio was the universe trying to balance the beauty that was that Thad to Zach pass.

I know both players are getting kind of old, but maybe it would be best for all parties involved to stash them on Windy City so they can practice passes, catching, and dribbling and things like that.

TBJ appears to have gotten Denzel's minutes in the rotation, and rightly so. What I can't understand is why Dotson isn't getting Valentine's and Arci's minutes in garbage time (and maybe even in situational match-ups). He puts pressure on the rim and actually has a chance to stick around for the future.
Constantly underwhelmed by the Bulls.
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,903

Post#43 » by weneeda2guard » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:01 am

BeatDaCavs420 wrote:And yes we loss more than we won since the trade but 10 times outta 10 I would still do this trade without thinking twice. Vooch is just a stud and can't wait to see him and Zach click more.

We came out the all star break with a west coast trip @spurs @ warriors @ Phoenix @utah. Most teams are not coming out of that with more than a 1-3 record.

I can't get with the idea that we lost a trade out of the hope that we can get a good pick which btw if we miss the playoffs we still have a shot at our pick. If we don't get our pick we lose a 5-14 pick, picks i wouldn't be happy with anyway.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
Grodoboldo
Analyst

Post#44 » by Grodoboldo » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:02 am

madvillian wrote:
Grodoboldo wrote:
madvillian wrote:

lol, your English is great, even know the slang for **** beards.

AND **** players!
No, wait, he's actually called Felicio.
Dresden
RealGM
And1: 5,877

Post#45 » by Dresden » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:02 am

Good win, that's two in a row now. Although IND was missing probably it's 3 best players. But good to see Vuc have a big game. I get the feeling that Zach has not fully adjusted to playing with Vuc yet- his fg% seems to be way down since the trade.

Nice for Coby and Lauri to each play well.
CobyWhite0
Rookie
And1: 819

Post#46 » by CobyWhite0 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:06 am

madvillian wrote:
CobyWhite0 wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:If somehow lauri is retained, Vuc is a great role model for him. It could help his post game going against him and he could learn rebounding and playing defense as a ground bound big.

Best game from the bulls so far after the trade.

Coby is unfortunately still a pretty big anchor

Didn't really like Zach's game tonight. Had some nice passes and I liked that dunk but I was questioning half his decisions. Also he needs to work on holding on the ball in the off season. It flies out of his hands half the time.

The game was over as soon as turner was out. They are not a good team without that many top players.

Monster game from Vuc. Happy he's getting integrated into the offense. He's a lot more reliable offensive engine. 29 FGA though. Even in Lauri's wildest dreams he couldn't get that many :lol:

Did Troy Brown get "real" minutes tonight? LOL That's 2 games in a row he's getting the minutes over Val, I thought you said the trade was only Vuc taking Lauri's place?

13 points
6 assists
1 turnover
.658 TS%
+14 (Zach +16 and Troy Brown +15 were the only better +/-)

Ripping on Coby after he finally had a nice game? "A pretty big anchor"? Why am I not surprised LMAO? Too GD funny.

I know it's going to suck for some people to see us win with Lauri coming off the bench and only playing 21:32, but we'll all get used to it. Which is stupid, Lauri actually looked pretty good tonight.

I mean White had his moments, and god knows as someone that drafted White 9th round in Fantasy I thought he was going to have a big year, but he's been horse **** for long stretches. Defensively he was getting used and abused by TJ McConnell and had his usual handful of just stupid ass decisions offensively.

I hope White gets better but at this point he's a decent backup guard, nothing more.

This is why I avoid Game Threads, and usually don't have much use for "POST-GAME" threads.

There is absolutely no doubt that at this point, Coby is nothing more than a backup guard. But WTF does that have to do with TONIGHT'S GAME??

I thought a POST-GAME thread is where you discuss, you know, THE GAME that just happened. And Coby played well tonight.

TJ McConnell:
6 points
5 assists
5 turnovers
-14 (2nd only to Aaron Holiday's -15)

JFC, that doesn't look like he abused anyone? :dontknow:
FecesOfDeath
Head Coach
And1: 1,675

Post#47 » by FecesOfDeath » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:08 am

Vuc is a guy you can look at and think that Luka Garza will have a shot in the NBA. Gotta develop that ambidextrous hook shot and make lightning quick decisions like Niko does.
Grodoboldo
Analyst

Post#48 » by Grodoboldo » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:10 am

PaKii94 wrote:Billy just said Lauri got kicked in the leg again. He can't catch a break damn. :nonono:

That's unfortunate, it would be nice to see a strong follow-up to today's solid effort.
But no Markannen should mean more minutes for Pat at the 4 (his best position IMO). Maybe Temple returns and rounds up the rotation.
CobyWhite0
Rookie
And1: 819

Post#49 » by CobyWhite0 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:13 am

Bulls' record when Lauri starts: 8-17
Bulls' record when Lauri comes off the bench: 2-2
Bulls' record when Lauri doesn't play at all: 11-9

EDIT:
Doh! Wrong thread :banghead:
BigUps
RealGM
And1: 5,600

Post#50 » by BigUps » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:13 am

We’re a lot better when we don’t play really good teams.
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,357

Post#51 » by DASMACKDOWN » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:17 am

Read on Twitter
The Cult of Personality
erlim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,050

Post#52 » by erlim » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:31 am

DASMACKDOWN wrote:
Read on Twitter

I definitely think we owe the GS Warriors a big thank you for making it seem that large centers are worthless and making it possible to get somebody like Vuce.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,058

Post#53 » by FriedRise » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:33 am

Good night for the Bulls. Toronto, Miami, and Boston all lost their games tonight, so we both made up some ground and gave ourselves some breathing room from the 11th spot.

We're still only 4 games from the 5th seed (Charlotte) so if we can string together some Ws, we can keep climbing up. Looking at the schedule for the rest of April, we should be really competitive in most of those games if not outright favored all the way up until end of month when we face Milwaukee. The month of May has a mix of tough and easy opponents, but we're playing the tough teams towards the back end of the schedule (Brooklyn 2x, Milwaukee) where those teams may be sitting out their stars.
erlim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,050

Post#54 » by erlim » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:36 am

FriedRise wrote:Good night for the Bulls. Toronto, Miami, and Boston all lost their games tonight, so we both made up some ground and gave ourselves some breathing room from the 11th spot.

We're still only 4 games from the 5th seed (Charlotte) so if we can string together some Ws, we can keep climbing up. Looking at the schedule for the rest of April, we should be really competitive in most of those games if not outright favored all the way up until end of month when we face Milwaukee. The month of May has a mix of tough and easy opponents, but we're playing the tough teams towards the back end of the schedule (Brooklyn 2x, Milwaukee) where those teams may be sitting out their stars.

It will be nice to see what we are really made of by the time the tough May games roll around.
ThisGuyFawkes
Analyst
And1: 1,607
Location: Where the sugar cane grows taller than the God we once believed in

Post#55 » by ThisGuyFawkes » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:41 am

Grodoboldo wrote:
madvillian wrote:

I thought it was a Brazilian chin job.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,820

Post#56 » by kulaz3000 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:49 am

I still can't believe we finally got a player the calibre of Vuc, who is still well and truly in his prime.

We need more shooters around him, but also willing cutters. Vuc has good vision and is a very capable and willing passer, you cut, he is most likely to find you.
Why so serious?
Grodoboldo
Analyst

Post#57 » by Grodoboldo » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:50 am

mlitney01 wrote:
Grodoboldo wrote:
madvillian wrote:

I thought it was a Brazilian chin job.

:lol:
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,357

Post#58 » by DASMACKDOWN » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:51 am

Vuce will quickly become a beloved Bull if he does anything like this in the playoffs and we win.
The Cult of Personality
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,603

Post#59 » by Ice Man » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:51 am

That was fun. We're going to win a lot for the rest of this season against average to weaker teams, and we will pick up some against the good teams now. We now have the players to fill out a 9-man rotation. I hope that Coby and Lauri can continue to contribute like that off the bench, they were genuinely helpful.
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#60 » by johnnyvann840 » Wed Apr 7, 2021 3:03 am

coldfish wrote:Bulls played like crap at times and still won comfortably. I think that’s a good thing.

Kudos to patW who had his best defensive game in a while (IMO)

Rebounding is an underrated phase of the game.

Hey Billy, please draw up a play against the 2-3 zone.

Coby had a few nice plays but he just irritates me with his defense.

Imagine if Zach and Vuc were actually efficient tonight. Vuc had a nice line but still 32 pts on 29 shots isn't great and Zach was 19 on 18 shots which is not up to par. Defense and rebounding was what won that game. The team has become a much better rebounding team post trade and that alone makes a huge difference on defense. Not giving up those 2nd chances on every time down makes a huge difference. But to hold any NBA team under 100 right now is usually going to mean a win. And I agree about Coby being very irritating to watch on D. It's like watching somebody who has never played D in the league who just got thrown out there and has no idea where to be or what to do. TBJ and P Will played some really solid D tonight. I'm really liking the TBJ pick up and think he is going to turn out to be a real sleeper down the road for this team.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson

Return to Chicago Bulls