Image ImageImage Image

PG: Three Game Win Streak

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Almost Retired
Rookie
And1: 580

Re: PG: Three Game Win Streak 

Post#141 » by Almost Retired » Fri Apr 9, 2021 3:31 pm

GoBlue72391 wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:Lauri at the three has been a thing of beauty. Hope he can keep this up.
And defensively he's doing a really good job staying in front of opposing wings.

Sent from my SM-S115DL using RealGM mobile app

If he can play passable defense at SF he certainly creates a tough mismatch on the offensive end against most opposing SFs just with his height advantage alone. I don't dislike the kid. I just think he lacks the core strength and the will to mix it up inside. Better to utilize his strengths than try to fit a square peg in a round hole at Center or PF.
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,079

Post#142 » by jake_swivel » Fri Apr 9, 2021 3:57 pm

erlim wrote:He’s mentoring youth in Baton Rouge.

All aspiring small forwards who don’t break eye contact, I’m sure.
ImSlower
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,438

Post#143 » by ImSlower » Fri Apr 9, 2021 4:00 pm

Fastbrk4brkfast wrote:
jump wrote:
chitowndish wrote:I like the idea of referring to a basketball player by all 3 names it makes them sound like an assassin.

...Or a country western singer.

Or like they're in trouble with their mom.

Can I throw "sci fi author" into the mix?

I still think that if he becomes a lockdown wing defender as he ages into his NBA body, the Paw is the most likely public name, but I fully support Duck's identification until such time as a befitting nickname emerges.
chefo
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,386

Post#144 » by chefo » Fri Apr 9, 2021 4:17 pm

ImSlower wrote:
Fastbrk4brkfast wrote:
jump wrote:
...Or a country western singer.

Or like they're in trouble with their mom.

Can I throw "sci fi author" into the mix?

I still think that if he becomes a lockdown wing defender as he ages into his NBA body, the Paw is the most likely public name, but I fully support Duck's identification until such time as a befitting nickname emerges.

Screw it--go for the nickname jugular:

* The Irishman (sounds like a hitman movie)--but seriously, is there a less Irish-sounding name than Patrick Williams?
* The Leprechaun -- working off the above, but with a twist--if the ball can find him on the floor, there's usually gold to be had---but it's a mythical creature (with his 28 touches a game)
NewKnicks
Sixth Man
And1: 756

Post#145 » by NewKnicks » Fri Apr 9, 2021 5:15 pm

RagingBull316 wrote:
thedarkstark wrote:Raptors cover the spread, hmmm wonder how that happened? Fixed league, joke league.

Also where has Dice been with his horrible and wrong opinion about how Zach "will be overrated no matter what he does" ?

Great team effort, but very frustrating to watch.
Something needs to be done about the gambling aspect of NBA officiating, it's incredibly obvious and it is hurting the game. The league needs independent oversight for these officials if they are going to be allowing legalized sports gambling.

Sent from my SM-G981U using RealGM mobile app

This has been going on for decades. Nothing has changed, and nothing will change.
NewKnicks
Sixth Man

Post#146 » by NewKnicks » Fri Apr 9, 2021 5:17 pm

RagingBull316 wrote:
thedarkstark wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:Sign me up for the draftking conspiracy. The referee angles have been bat****.

There's no "conspiracy" NBA refs are corrupt, Donaghy didn't act alone, it's an institutional thing. Wouldn't be surprised if they're specifically instructed to keep games close.

It's almost unwatchable, if I didn't grow up with the Bulls being such a huge part of my childhood I'd never watch this joke of a league.
I can't agree with you more. All the tactics Donaghy said he used are still being used today by a bunch of officials.

There is so much wrong with the leagues officiating and if you look at the last two minute reports you will see there is no accountability most the time, so it starts at the top.

My all-time favorite is when they wait two seconds to see if the ball goes in the basket before calling a foul. Gotta love NBA officiating.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,583

Post#147 » by DuckIII » Fri Apr 9, 2021 5:18 pm

jake_swivel wrote:
erlim wrote:He’s mentoring youth in Baton Rouge.

All aspiring small forwards who don’t break eye contact, I’m sure.

I understood that reference.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
NewKnicks
Sixth Man

Post#148 » by NewKnicks » Fri Apr 9, 2021 5:28 pm

Ice Man wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:Zach just played an elite game. His antics? He has every right to scream for fouls. For every one he screams in where he wasn't fouled there are 4 others where he was.

It's possible to be both a great player and be a whiner. See Doncic, Luka. Zach isn't quite the player that Luka is, nor is he the whiner, but he has his moments. Call him Luka Lite.

Which 'star' in the league doesn't whine about fouls? Can you name one?
NewKnicks
Sixth Man

Post#149 » by NewKnicks » Fri Apr 9, 2021 5:37 pm

chefo wrote:Some notes:

The Great:
* Zach's passing was awesome
* Lauri scoring on everybody they put on him--if he keeps getting 15-18 ppg in less than 20 min / game, however, somebody will lob a monster offer at him, demotion and all. He scored easily and went 6/6 in the paint. If he starts punishing teams for putting 6'6 guys on him, I don't see how coach D can keep him on the bench despite "not being featured".

The Good:
* Vooch is just stable--he'll get his 18 shots, will score his 22-23, will dish his 4 assists. Repeat.
* Theis before the refs started sniping him in the 4th. He's the clumsiest coordinated person we have. He lumbers, but he's quick AND fast. He moves like a 7 footer by the eye-test, but somehow he actually moves like a 6'7 SF. Dude is just an optical illusion.
* Sato
* Pat's help D
* Coby's shooting and that ONE single possession where he played good D against Siakam

The Bad:
* Everything else Coby--there should be a clause in his next contract--if he dribbles the ball past half-court--$10K fine per dribble. If he tries to run the team --$20K fine per possession. Some of his TOs will get you benched in high school. He's so careless with the ball. He also has Stevie Wonder vision on many occasions where he misses the most obvious reads in ball. There should be another clause--$10K for every charmin-soft and-1 he gives up. If you're going to foul, send him flying to the first row, not that weak-sauce timid reaching. But... he can shoot, when he's hot.
* Pat's on-ball D--he needs a LOT of work there.

Overall, the Bulls beat the crap out of the Raps and if not for the refs trying to make it interesting, would have blown them out by 20.

Lauri is going to get a big bag offer. The only question is if the Bulls will match, which I think they will.

Would love to see Lauri on the Knicks. I'll trade you Randle for Lauri/Patrick Williams and a 1st. But maybe you can't trade away another 1st. Not sure how that works. This would also include Lauri signing an extension before coming here. Just having fun, guys. No harm intended with my post. Lauri is still only 23, and I think has a real bright future in the league.
RagingBull316
Rookie
And1: 911

Post#150 » by RagingBull316 » Fri Apr 9, 2021 6:53 pm

DuckIII wrote:
Dez wrote:
DuckIII wrote:It’s very encouraging seeing the Passive Pair of Lauri and Patrick Lee Williams starting to flip the switch. Lauri has now strung together several games of physical aggressive play. He’s ALWAYS been valuable when he does that. Maybe it will stick.

And Patrick Lee Williams defensive activity has picked up considerably lately, though you’d still like to see him be a little more assertive offensively.

Regardless, good signs from both of them heading into a stretch run.

And last night was the first night in quite awhile Zach’s ankle looked right. When he failed to dump off that fast break to TBJ and appeared to tweak it again I about yelled at the TV.

It makes me irrationally angry every time you use Williams full name Duck, extremely irrationally angry.

I’m doing it in protest to the equally critical response I received for the various abbreviations I tried. You think I like typing his whole name out with my thumbs every time?

But I have no choice. I could call him Paw, but I hate it.

Regardless, best wishes to Patrick Lee Williams of Charlotte, North Carolina, DOB August 26, 2001, former Florida State Seminole.
You know Jimmy Butler's name isn't "Gets" right?

weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,903

Post#151 » by weneeda2guard » Fri Apr 9, 2021 7:19 pm

NewKnicks wrote:
chefo wrote:Some notes:

The Great:
* Zach's passing was awesome
* Lauri scoring on everybody they put on him--if he keeps getting 15-18 ppg in less than 20 min / game, however, somebody will lob a monster offer at him, demotion and all. He scored easily and went 6/6 in the paint. If he starts punishing teams for putting 6'6 guys on him, I don't see how coach D can keep him on the bench despite "not being featured".

The Good:
* Vooch is just stable--he'll get his 18 shots, will score his 22-23, will dish his 4 assists. Repeat.
* Theis before the refs started sniping him in the 4th. He's the clumsiest coordinated person we have. He lumbers, but he's quick AND fast. He moves like a 7 footer by the eye-test, but somehow he actually moves like a 6'7 SF. Dude is just an optical illusion.
* Sato
* Pat's help D
* Coby's shooting and that ONE single possession where he played good D against Siakam

The Bad:
* Everything else Coby--there should be a clause in his next contract--if he dribbles the ball past half-court--$10K fine per dribble. If he tries to run the team --$20K fine per possession. Some of his TOs will get you benched in high school. He's so careless with the ball. He also has Stevie Wonder vision on many occasions where he misses the most obvious reads in ball. There should be another clause--$10K for every charmin-soft and-1 he gives up. If you're going to foul, send him flying to the first row, not that weak-sauce timid reaching. But... he can shoot, when he's hot.
* Pat's on-ball D--he needs a LOT of work there.

Overall, the Bulls beat the crap out of the Raps and if not for the refs trying to make it interesting, would have blown them out by 20.

Lauri is going to get a big bag offer. The only question is if the Bulls will match, which I think they will.

Would love to see Lauri on the Knicks. I'll trade you Randle for Lauri/Patrick Williams and a 1st. But maybe you can't trade away another 1st. Not sure how that works. This would also include Lauri signing an extension before coming here. Just having fun, guys. No harm intended with my post. Lauri is still only 23, and I think has a real bright future in the league.

Bulls are not matching lauri unless it's a very team friendly deal which Lauri would be stupid not to cash out now and go to whatever team that forks over the maximum amount he can get. We just not in a space to be paying 20 plus mill to a player who is basically a bench player here. We need that money to find another playmaker preferably a pg.

I wouldn't do that trade you proposed though. We need a defensive big next to Vuc

Would honestly rather pay demar derozan then play Patrick Williams at the 4.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#152 » by transplant » Fri Apr 9, 2021 8:34 pm

Not a perfect game, but a good one. Offensively, it's clearly an easier game when you have 2 outstanding players who enable the team to play inside out. It's further enhanced when you have veterans like Young and Sato who know exactly what the F they're supposed to do all the time. PWill fits nicely as a defensive ace (remarkable for a 19 year old). Lauri and Coby seem to have adapted well to their new roles.

The Bulls are now an average NBA team. It's better than where we've been.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#153 » by ZOMG » Fri Apr 9, 2021 10:05 pm

transplant wrote:Not a perfect game, but a good one. Offensively, it's clearly an easier game when you have 2 outstanding players who enable the team to play inside out. It's further enhanced when you have veterans like Young and Sato who know exactly what the F they're supposed to do all the time. PWill fits nicely as a defensive ace (remarkable for a 19 year old). Lauri and Coby seem to have adapted well to their new roles.

The Bulls are now an average NBA team. It's better than where we've been.

Coby played 27 minutes, had the ball in his hands a ton and was basically more of a "playmaker" than a microwave scorer.

I'd say he's not adapting to any new role, he's pretty close to his original one.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Post#154 » by WindyCityBorn » Fri Apr 9, 2021 10:15 pm

FranchisePlayer wrote:
RSP83 wrote:So maybe this is the right role for Lauri? He seems to do better with less pressure to become one of the main scorers. He's definitely no longer a guy that I expect to be able to create for himself. I think his skill level is still way too far from reaching that. But what he did in tonight's game I think can become sort of his norm. But, also, is it still going to cost too much to keep him? I think AK will end up extending him, but depending on Lauri's performance he's probably going to be available in any future trade talk.

Maybe his efficiency won't be sustainable but no player in his right mind at 23 will settle for 18 mins. a game when his hand is hotter than the one I put in my wife's pants in a hot night on our summer vacation.

If he even remotely keeps this level of scoring up and If I were to place a bet now... he's as good as gone.

Bulls still control Lauri. He isn’t gone unless they let him go. If he keeps this up the match even if only to trade him.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Post#155 » by WindyCityBorn » Fri Apr 9, 2021 10:19 pm

NewKnicks wrote:
Ice Man wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:Zach just played an elite game. His antics? He has every right to scream for fouls. For every one he screams in where he wasn't fouled there are 4 others where he was.

It's possible to be both a great player and be a whiner. See Doncic, Luka. Zach isn't quite the player that Luka is, nor is he the whiner, but he has his moments. Call him Luka Lite.

Which 'star' in the league doesn't whine about fouls? Can you name one?

Do whatever works. Being the nice guy and not complaining was not doing Zach any favors with the refs. I said he should start getting some techs and he has. I think Donovan even took one for him last night.

Return to Chicago Bulls