Image ImageImage Image

View of the Bulls around the league

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

gardenofsound
Starter
And1: 1,780

View of the Bulls around the league 

Post#1 » by gardenofsound » Fri Apr 9, 2021 6:29 pm

This from Kevin Durant is a pretty big deal if other players share his sentiment:
Read on Twitter

The main point KD has is that Zach, Vuc, and Coby are all three level scorers capable of dropping 30+ on any given night, and when you've got three guys like that, "I don't care what else you got, you've got something!"

Interesting that he put Coby into that grouping...

I wonder what other players are thinking the way KD is that aren't in contending situations right now?
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,263

Re: View of the Bulls around the league 

Post#2 » by kodo » Fri Apr 9, 2021 6:37 pm

Durant was a Lavine fan well before this season, so it's kind of consistent. Said he had superstar potential back in September of last year.

https://youtu.be/jobnzjcEiAk?t=33

Lavine seems more well regarded by his peers than the media. He was extremely high in all-star voting from players, but a low lower from the media. He was the 3rd best EC guard according to players, ahead of Jaylen.

He's going to have plenty of team up invites when he turns into a UFA.
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#3 » by ZOMG » Fri Apr 9, 2021 6:52 pm

If Kevin Durant hates you and your team, you're doing something right.
Evil_Headband
Starter
And1: 897

Post#4 » by Evil_Headband » Fri Apr 9, 2021 7:09 pm

Didn’t Durant love Antonio Blakeney?
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,920

Post#5 » by ChettheJet » Fri Apr 9, 2021 9:59 pm

Just being cynical, could KD and CW have the same management in common? There's no "I" in TEAM but there's a "WE" in we promote our friends.

I do think the rest of the league has noticed that the Bulls have some things going. Stacey mentioned on the broadcast that free agents might give the Bulls a look. I'd have to see that to believe it's true but it's a nice thought. Some players might see a chance to win and they wouldn't have to pull the wagon all by themselves.
Cabbage bulls
Senior
And1: 594

Post#6 » by Cabbage bulls » Fri Apr 9, 2021 10:11 pm

Don't let dice see this. He's convinced stars don't want to play with Zach :lol:
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#7 » by dice » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:21 am

Cabbage bulls wrote:Don't let dice see this. He's convinced stars don't want to play with Zach :lol:

never said that

and nobody said they wanted to play with zach (other than broke down isaiah thomas), so you're imagining things as well as lying

as for the view of the bulls from players and others involved in the league, that's like asking a random american what they think of canada. the answer is likely to be a shrug of the shoulders
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
SalmonsSuperfan
Starter
And1: 2,142

Post#8 » by SalmonsSuperfan » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:42 am

dice wrote:
Cabbage bulls wrote:Don't let dice see this. He's convinced stars don't want to play with Zach :lol:

never said that

and nobody said they wanted to play with zach (other than broke down isaiah thomas), so you're imagining things as well as lying

as for the view of the bulls from players and others involved in the league, that's like asking a random american what they think of canada. the answer is likely to be a shrug of the shoulders

this is a pretty confusing analogy
JimmyButler21
Starter
And1: 1,570

Post#9 » by JimmyButler21 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:50 am

It's great that there's a positive view of the Bulls but you can tell Durant doesn't watch the Bulls much if he still thinks Coby White is a big part of the future.
Hold That
RealGM
And1: 740

Post#10 » by Hold That » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:28 am

JimmyButler21 wrote:It's great that there's a positive view of the Bulls but you can tell Durant doesn't watch the Bulls much if he still thinks Coby White is a big part of the future.

If you watch away game announcers they have a high regard for Coby as well. Hopefully the Bulls trade him before the rest of the league figured out he’s not that good.
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#11 » by ZOMG » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:54 am

What makes you think they do?
The Evidence
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,620

Post#12 » by The Evidence » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:21 pm

would KD be comfortable coming off the bench for Lauri?
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#13 » by dice » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:45 pm

SalmonsSuperfan wrote:
dice wrote:

never said that

you're confused that people don't care about the bulls outside of chicago?
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
Am2626
Analyst
And1: 1,009

Post#14 » by Am2626 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:46 pm

gardenofsound wrote:This from Kevin Durant is a pretty big deal if other players share his sentiment:
Read on Twitter

The main point KD has is that Zach, Vuc, and Coby are all three level scorers capable of dropping 30+ on any given night, and when you've got three guys like that, "I don't care what else you got, you've got something!"

Interesting that he put Coby into that grouping...

I wonder what other players are thinking the way KD is that aren't in contending situations right now?

He was asked to comment about them. I don’t think he would come out and say anything negative in that situation. I don’t ever see him playing for the Bulls. There are too many options out there for him. It’s good that he gave a shout out to those guys though. Don’t agree with the Coby Grouping but Coby has value as a volume scorer instant offense sixth man type. Not as the team’s lead point guard.
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,918

Post#15 » by RSP83 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:55 pm

Coby doesn't belong in that group. Right now there's only Vuc and Zach.
FranchisePlayer
Sixth Man
And1: 598

Post#16 » by FranchisePlayer » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:16 pm

SalmonsSuperfan wrote:
dice wrote:

never said that

You might get even more confused if you read the stuff Durant said to Rapaport.

I mean, KD obviously is a lot smarter with basketball than with words. He probably didn't even realize what he was saying... White? Nah, he just said... something.
MrSparkle wrote:I don't see a scenario here or there where Lauri becomes the "7-pick we thought he could be." If you remove his 3P ability, he's worse than Felicio by a mile.

12/2/2022
I like the quote- it makes me chuckle. And it was/is pretty much true.
SalmonsSuperfan
Starter
And1: 2,142

Post#17 » by SalmonsSuperfan » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:17 pm

dice wrote:
SalmonsSuperfan wrote:
dice wrote:never said that

you're confused that people don't care about the bulls outside of chicago?

no i believe that, i just think you said it in a confusing way lol

Return to Chicago Bulls