Image ImageImage Image

The Around The NBA Thread

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,311

Re: The Around The NBA Thread 

Post#1221 » by d boy gentleman » Mon Jun 7, 2021 8:51 pm

MrFortune3 wrote:
d boy gentleman wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:Second best Mav has been DFS by far. Nobody else showed up. Too bad.

Dallas has to have a big offseason to get Doncic some help. Try everything to dump Porzingis, find some rim protection (or playable centers in general) and, most importantly, find another guy who can create offense. Watching Hardaway or Porzingis dribble gives me anxiety.

Porzingiz S&T for Markannen?

:runs:

Oh no, don't run. You said what you said... :lol:

And now I'm at a safe distance... :lol:
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#1222 » by MrFortune3 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 8:53 pm

d boy gentleman wrote:
MrFortune3 wrote:
d boy gentleman wrote:
Porzingiz S&T for Markannen?

:runs:

About as safe as Lauri being a 20 pt scorer.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,431

Post#1223 » by Michael Jackson » Mon Jun 7, 2021 9:52 pm

Wingy wrote:
Dan Z wrote:The Lakers might go on a drought again. Do they have cap space this off season? I can't think of a star that they can sign. If a star demands to be traded to LA then what could they give up for him? I think the earliest first round pick that they can trade is their 2027 one.

Next year LeBron will be 36 and you can't trust Anthony Davis's health.

P.S. I agree with you that a 6 year drought isn't that long compared to other teams.

Sure, I never claimed their reign is, or was seamless. I did say they’ll be back sooner than people think given the barren war chest everyone keeps bringing up. While I agree you can’t trust AD’s health, you can trust him to remain an attractive name. At this point they’ve only got 6, and 5 guys under contract by end of the next two seasons.

In the event of a demand, they wouldn’t have to give up much. Kuzma? It’s trade to LA, or get nothing in return except maybe a miserable star player, and an agent who may scorched earth your franchise.

You get it...the point is the “P.S.” part.

Agree the Lakers will get players again. They re the top destination and will remain so. That being said I don't think they flock there until LeBron is gone right now. If they just had AD I think they would have an easier time recruiting, the young guns don't want to hang in his shadow at the moment I think. Maybe not though they have pulled off things in the past for sure.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,244

Post#1224 » by Dan Z » Mon Jun 7, 2021 11:16 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:
Wingy wrote:
Dan Z wrote:The Lakers might go on a drought again. Do they have cap space this off season? I can't think of a star that they can sign. If a star demands to be traded to LA then what could they give up for him? I think the earliest first round pick that they can trade is their 2027 one.

Next year LeBron will be 36 and you can't trust Anthony Davis's health.

P.S. I agree with you that a 6 year drought isn't that long compared to other teams.

Sure, I never claimed their reign is, or was seamless. I did say they’ll be back sooner than people think given the barren war chest everyone keeps bringing up. While I agree you can’t trust AD’s health, you can trust him to remain an attractive name. At this point they’ve only got 6, and 5 guys under contract by end of the next two seasons.

In the event of a demand, they wouldn’t have to give up much. Kuzma? It’s trade to LA, or get nothing in return except maybe a miserable star player, and an agent who may scorched earth your franchise.

Agree the Lakers will get players again. They re the top destination and will remain so. That being said I don't think they flock there until LeBron is gone right now. If they just had AD I think they would have an easier time recruiting, the young guns don't want to hang in his shadow at the moment I think. Maybe not though they have pulled off things in the past for sure.

I don't see any major free agents who could possibly sign there over the offseason. Demar? Lowry? I guess...

Which star players would demand a trade there in the next year or so? Beal? Maybe. Would Lillard really leave Portland? I don't see it, but stranger things have happened.

I agree with you, they might have to wait until LeBron is gone.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#1225 » by Michael Jackson » Mon Jun 7, 2021 11:30 pm

MrFortune3 wrote:
d boy gentleman wrote:
MrFortune3 wrote:

KP is blaming the mavs for his failures, Lauri wouldn’t miss a beat in the blame game.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#1226 » by Michael Jackson » Mon Jun 7, 2021 11:32 pm

Dan Z wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:
Wingy wrote:

I don't see any major free agents who could possibly sign there over the offseason. Demar? Lowry? I guess...

Which star players would demand a trade there in the next year or so? Beal? Maybe. Would Lillard really leave Portland? I don't see it, but stranger things have happened.

Beal makes the most sense as far as a guy who woukd t mind just not sure how they get him. I think Washington would get more than Kuzma in offers from other teams.
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,611

Post#1227 » by Repeat 3-peat » Mon Jun 7, 2021 11:33 pm

Read on Twitter
JimmyButler21
Starter
And1: 1,570

Post#1228 » by JimmyButler21 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 11:44 pm

Repeat 3-peat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Should have been Monty Williams
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,258

Post#1229 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Mon Jun 7, 2021 11:56 pm

I seem to be the only person on the planet who gets incredibly annoyed at the listed start times vs when the game actually starts. TNT, NBA.com had a 6:30 start time, game doesn’t start for another 20 minutes. I purposefully change the channel so they don’t get my viewership. So **** annoying.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM

Post#1230 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Tue Jun 8, 2021 12:17 am

Middleton and Giannis showing they aren’t on the level of Kyrie/Durant. Middleton is folding faster than a chair at Sunday Church service.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,820

Post#1231 » by kulaz3000 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 12:18 am

I shouldn't be, but I'm surprised that the Bucks are struggling this much against the Nets. Especially with Harden out. Disappointing really. Not sure what more they can do to reconstruct the team unfortunately.

It's early in the series, but the Bucks really need to steal this game.
Why so serious?
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM

Post#1232 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Tue Jun 8, 2021 12:29 am

Nets just broke Giannis. He’s not interested in playing basketball right now.
MrFortune3
General Manager

Post#1233 » by MrFortune3 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 12:48 am

Michael Jackson wrote:
MrFortune3 wrote:
d boy gentleman wrote: And now I'm at a safe distance... :lol:

KP is blaming the mavs for his failures, Lauri wouldn’t miss a beat in the blame game.

Damn, you cold blooded. :lol:
MrFortune3
General Manager

Post#1234 » by MrFortune3 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 12:50 am

JimmyButler21 wrote:
Repeat 3-peat wrote:
Read on Twitter

While I agree that Monty was great, that Knicks team well overplayed their talent level.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,201

Post#1235 » by HomoSapien » Tue Jun 8, 2021 12:57 am

MrFortune3 wrote:
JimmyButler21 wrote:
Repeat 3-peat wrote:
Read on Twitter

While I agree that Monty was great, that Knicks team well overplayed their talent level.

Plus, CP3 has a large hand in their turnaround whereas Thibs is almost exclusively responsible for the Knicks turnaround.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,244

Post#1236 » by Dan Z » Tue Jun 8, 2021 1:07 am

Michael Jackson wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:

Beal makes the most sense as far as a guy who woukd t mind just not sure how they get him. I think Washington would get more than Kuzma in offers from other teams.

I agree. If Kuzma is the best piece Washington gets for Beal then that GM won't have his job for long.
mj234eva
General Manager
And1: 3,570

Post#1237 » by mj234eva » Tue Jun 8, 2021 1:07 am

HomoSapien wrote:
MrFortune3 wrote:
JimmyButler21 wrote:Should have been Monty Williams

Plus, CP3 has a large hand in their turnaround whereas Thibs is almost exclusively responsible for the Knicks turnaround.

24-11 w/Derrick.
17-20 w/o.
Michael Jordan wrote:Sometimes I wish I could be my teammates looking at that
defense. It must be nice. But it isn't nice for me.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,201

Post#1238 » by HomoSapien » Tue Jun 8, 2021 1:12 am

mj234eva wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
MrFortune3 wrote:

24-11 w/Derrick.
17-20 w/o.

Fair, but I think there's a sizeable difference in trying to make the playoffs with Derrick Rose as arguably your second-best player.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
mj234eva
General Manager
And1: 3,570

Post#1239 » by mj234eva » Tue Jun 8, 2021 1:16 am

HomoSapien wrote:
mj234eva wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:

24-11 w/Derrick.
17-20 w/o.

Fair, but I think there's a sizeable difference in trying to make the playoffs with Derrick Rose as arguably your second-best player.

Touché.
Michael Jordan wrote:Sometimes I wish I could be my teammates looking at that
defense. It must be nice. But it isn't nice for me.
SalmonsSuperfan
Starter
And1: 2,142

Post#1240 » by SalmonsSuperfan » Tue Jun 8, 2021 1:16 am

jrue and middleton have been supremely overrated their whole careers imo. they're both above average starters, borderline all-stars, but they're not consistent scorers and neither one is a 'true' second option. they're both essentially luol deng: really good glue guys who play redundant roles.

it's hard to see how they improve from here. tbh I think they'd be well-suited to trade one of them for a couple role players. portis, forbes, divincenzo and tucker seem like fine bench players (dubious about how they actually impact winning tho, we've seen bobby put up nice numbers as a bull yet never impact the game), but their roster is really underwhelming for a lot of reasons outside of giannis. confuses me why they barely played niko, he'd certainly be a better fit with this team than tucker and could've played an important role rather than being relegated to a spot up shooter off the bench.

the other side of it is that brooklyn is really, really, really good. their 'big 3' is better than the heatles and they're also surprisingly deep. harris is one of the most underrated players in the league

Return to Chicago Bulls