Image ImageImage Image

The Around The NBA Thread

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

Mk0
RealGM
And1: 14,835

Re: The Around The NBA Thread 

Post#221 » by Mk0 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:52 am

Little Nathan wrote:
qianlong wrote:There are several good candidates for MVP this season and I would say no clear cut favorite.

It's clearly Jokic to me. From what I'm reading and hearing on podcasts, this is where the media guys are at too. All the other somewhat serious candidates (but especially Embiid) just didn't play enough games to justify putting them above Jokic IMO.

The only media guy I hadn't heard go all in on Jokic was Windhorst. He threw temper tantrum that Embiid was "being looked over for only missing a few games and it wasn't even his fault!!!11!"

It was so bad (and went on for like 15m), that Tim Macmahon or Bontemps straight up called him a jackass on his own podcast.
ngl it was incredible.

* I took it as him trying to be stealthy and backing LeBron. The guy went ON and ON about how Embiid hasn't missed THAT many games and how he was so ashamed that his media brethren would be so short sighted. Like the next day it was "LeBron has missed x games but still hasn't missed as many games as Embiid"
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,135

Post#222 » by Michael Jackson » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:14 am

TheStig wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:
Leslie Forman wrote:He's basically a Lauri that isn't total donkey balls, so I don't see why that would have been the case.

To be fair to myself and the other skeptics around here, he isn't what he was actually billed as by all the people who were hyping him up in high school - he's not some next Durant or anything like that. He's really just one hell of a shotmaker and surprisingly good rebounder. Offensively he's a great pairing next to Jokic but defensively…ehhhhh

I also think MPJ would have ignored Boylen and just went out and played how we wanted on this squad. He would have taken every shot that came his way.

you don't think he'd get benched under Boylen?

Very possible but Boylen made no sense. If he got it in his mind that MPJ was going to save his job he would have played him and let him do whatever. He pretty much did that with Coby.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,504

Post#223 » by Andi Obst » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:57 am

2weekswithpay wrote:
Read on Twitter

What a night for KPJ, the talent was always there just needs to stay out of trouble.

Dropping 50 the night after getting fined 50K for going to a club. He’s really trying to be the next James Harden.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#224 » by Andi Obst » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:18 am

The Wolves going on a meaningless winning streak, increasing the odds of losing their pick is just such a Wolves move.

Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,413

Post#225 » by Ice Man » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:26 pm

Little Nathan wrote:The Wolves going on a meaningless winning streak, increasing the odds of losing their pick is just such a Wolves move.

Fans are always writing about how teams are trying to lose at the end of seasons, but that's rarely true. The team's GMs might want to lose, but the coach and players do not. Houston won last night, the Pellies won their last game, the Wolves have won 4 straight, OKC won its last game, the Magic won its last game. But of course people will still write these things ...
Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#226 » by Andi Obst » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:43 pm

Ice Man wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:The Wolves going on a meaningless winning streak, increasing the odds of losing their pick is just such a Wolves move.

Fans are always writing about how teams are trying to lose at the end of seasons, but that's rarely true. The team's GMs might want to lose, but the coach and players do not. Houston won last night, the Pellies won their last game, the Wolves have won 4 straight, OKC won its last game, the Magic won its last game. But of course people will still write these things ...

Huh? Where did I suggest that the players or the coaches are trying to lose? That’s obviously not happening.

I‘m just saying that it would be bad for the organization if this meaningless run cost them their pick. And that the timing of the streak fits right in because not much has been going right for them for like...a decade? OKC is still pushing hard to out-tank them (again: management, not players/coaches).

Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#227 » by Ice Man » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:25 pm

Little Nathan wrote:[Huh? Where did I suggest that the players or the coaches are trying to lose?

You didn't. Others often do; I was writing to them.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#228 » by Ice Man » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:46 pm

The link below goes to a hilarious and well-researched takedown of the Bucks FO, from the General Board. It currently has 59 +1s. I laughed, hard.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2076710
HOTCARL_o
Sixth Man
And1: 155

Post#229 » by HOTCARL_o » Sat May 1, 2021 2:04 am

Read on Twitter

Did he play today?
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#230 » by Ice Man » Sat May 1, 2021 2:23 pm

HOTCARL_o wrote:
Read on Twitter

Did he play today?

?

He's 38 years old. He hasn't been in the NBA in 4 years. The Cavs aren't playing for anything. Shouldn't they be giving looks to young prospects or something?

Maybe this is a sentimental gesture. But if so, it was a long time coming.
ThreeMileAllan
Veteran
And1: 766

Post#231 » by ThreeMileAllan » Sat May 1, 2021 3:44 pm

Ice Man wrote:
HOTCARL_o wrote:
Read on Twitter

Did he play today?

?

He's 38 years old. He hasn't been in the NBA in 4 years. The Cavs aren't playing for anything. Shouldn't they be giving looks to young prospects or something?

I wouldn't mind if they did this with Noah once fans come back tbh

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
On the Crawford/Rose bandwagon in 2002... 2009, 2011, 2012, 2017... :laugh: Finally in 2018! 16 year wait!
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,495

Post#232 » by dice » Sat May 1, 2021 3:53 pm

ThreeMileAllan wrote:
Ice Man wrote:
HOTCARL_o wrote:
Read on Twitter

Did he play today?

?

I wouldn't mind if they did this with Noah once fans come back tbh

fans being back is key. why is cleveland doing this during a pandemic w/ no fans? why would varejao even want to do this now?
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,431

Post#233 » by Repeat 3-peat » Sat May 1, 2021 11:20 pm

Read on Twitter
Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#234 » by Andi Obst » Sun May 2, 2021 9:21 am

Repeat 3-peat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Charlotte absolutely has to keep Bridges around. He and LaMelo already have a special connection. It's a ton of fun.

Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#235 » by Ice Man » Sun May 2, 2021 2:16 pm

Denver is 12-3 since Murray went down. Jokic was going to be MVP anyway, but that performance cements his case.
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,373

Post#236 » by Hangtime84 » Sun May 2, 2021 7:00 pm

Ice Man wrote:The link below goes to a hilarious and well-researched takedown of the Bucks FO, from the General Board. It currently has 59 +1s. I laughed, hard.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2076710

If they never landed Giannis they would be as bad as the kings
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
CobyWhite0
Rookie
And1: 819

Post#237 » by CobyWhite0 » Sun May 2, 2021 7:48 pm

Ice Man wrote:Denver is 12-3 since Murray went down. Jokic was going to be MVP anyway, but that performance cements his case.

Yeah, he's probably gone from "blatant front-runner" to "unanimous".

I'm sure nobody here wants to read this, but in the 10 games since Murray tore his ACL, MPJ is giving them 25.6 points on 57.2% FG and 51.3% on 3's (8.0 att). Up from the 17.3 he was scoring up to that point.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#238 » by Ice Man » Sun May 2, 2021 8:30 pm

CobyWhite0 wrote:I'm sure nobody here wants to read this, but in the 10 games since Murray tore his ACL, MPJ is giving them 25.6 points on 57.2% FG and 51.3% on 3's (8.0 att). Up from the 17.3 he was scoring up to that point.

Typical. The team is killing it because MPJ filled the hole left by Murray, which will go to Jokic's credit in the MVP voting. That's NBA logic for you.

I figured Denver for dead when Murray went down, but between MPJ suggesting that he can fill Jamal's role and the acquisition of Gordon, maybe not.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,376

Post#239 » by DuckIII » Mon May 3, 2021 3:47 am

Let’s go, Raptors.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#240 » by Ice Man » Mon May 3, 2021 12:37 pm

LaMelo yesterday was such the 19 year old. The first half, he kept the Hornets in the game, beating Dragic and Nunn off the dribble at will for layups and flinging outlet passes. The second half, the Heat swarmed him and LaMelo was throwing the ball into the stands and launching airballs. Kids.

But he's a really, really good kid. He gets my Rookie of the Year vote. Huge upside and he's already useful.

Return to Chicago Bulls