Image ImageImage Image

PG: This is Rock Bottom

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

dice
RealGM
And1: 12,540

Re: PG: This is Rock Bottom 

Post#181 » by dice » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:21 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
dice wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
The two key parts are doing what we expect. Giving us like 50 ppg. All the supporting pieces except Theis have **** the bed.

what we expect is not enough. neither lavine nor vucevic is good enough as an all-around player to lead a team. they're both robins, and not necessarily even adequate in that role to legitimately contend for championships

Dude I’m just trying to see a a good team now. Championships are not even a concern. I’ll take a team that wins more games than it loses. We can do that with those two. Not being able to be #1 ok championship is nothing to be ashamed of. Most players including HOF players were not that.

i'm sorry, but life's too short to aspire to watch a slightly above average nba basketball team on anything approaching a regular basis. unless it's a rising team with a strong chance of taking it to the next level. if my heart's not gonna get racing now and again, what's the point?

'14-'15 was the last bulls team worth committing to. 50 win team, derrick's failed "comeback" season (there's that "strong chance of taking it to the next level" thing), put a scare into lebron's cavs in the playoffs...and a likable try hard bunch to boot

it's amazing how much more rewarding it is watching say, a 54 win team as opposed to a 44 win team. whereas the difference between 44 and 34? not that much! probably because playoff basketball is much higher quality
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
R3AL1TY
General Manager
And1: 2,314

Post#182 » by R3AL1TY » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:01 pm

After prime Derrick Rose, the Bulls were led by coaches with different styles, yet one problem still lingers with Billy D...the supporting cast isn't good or consistent enough to be a playoff or top team.
FanInTheAttic
Freshman
And1: 27

Post#183 » by FanInTheAttic » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:04 pm

Such a weird and disappointing game.

Some highlights:

Zach brings us back to the game and then melts in the end.
Lauri has only 1 rebound. How is that even possible in 17 minutes?
Coby commits a turnover on his first possession.
WCJ dominates Vucevic in the paint and plays an overall good game.

Bulls has some good players in a bad team. Watching WCJ play in his new team confirms this. I could imagine all the younger players are more than happy to move on. Zach might stay if they try to build the team around him, but I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to join a team that could even make it to the playoffs...
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,592

Post#184 » by Ice Man » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:30 pm

FanInTheAttic wrote:Bulls has some good players in a bad team. Watching WCJ play in his new team confirms this.

Yep. Lauri can play some too. Wherever he lands, his new fans will like him, because he will play better than he is now doing in Chicago. Part of that will be the Bulls right now are dysfunctional and are making their role players look bad, the other part being Lauri will improve once he no longer faces the the pressure of being Chicago's hope.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Post#185 » by WindyCityBorn » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:49 pm

FanInTheAttic wrote:Such a weird and disappointing game.

Some highlights:

Bulls has some good players in a bad team. Watching WCJ play in his new team confirms this. I could imagine all the younger players are more than happy to move on. Zach might stay if they try to build the team around him, but I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to join a team that could even make it to the playoffs...

He melted after another ankle injury. Probably hurt like Hell which is why he is out now. And no one else stepped up once he got us back in the game. We literally have one good role player in Theis.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#186 » by WindyCityBorn » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:51 pm

Some highlights:

Vuc had like 29/12. Carter definitely out-hustled him for some offensive rebounds, but he hardly got dominated. Look at the performances for Thad, PWill and Lauri to see where our frontcourt faltered.
FanInTheAttic
Freshman

Post#187 » by FanInTheAttic » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:47 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:

Some highlights:

Vuc had like 29/12. Carter definitely out-hustled him for some offensive rebounds, but he hardly got dominated. Look at the performances for Thad, PWill and Lauri to see where our frontcourt faltered.

I'm not arguing that Carter is a better player, I actually rate Vuc quite highly as a player,and he had a solid game last night, but I think he scored against Carter in the paint only once, he was mostly scoring from the perimeter and 3 point line. I remember Markkanen having some good moments on one on one defence though.
FanInTheAttic
Freshman

Post#188 » by FanInTheAttic » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:57 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:

Some highlights:

He melted after another ankle injury. Probably hurt like Hell which is why he is out now. And no one else stepped up once he got us back in the game. We literally have one good role player in Theis.

Isn't he out because of health and safety protocol?
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#189 » by WindyCityBorn » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:17 pm

FanInTheAttic wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

Some highlights:

Isn't he out because of health and safety protocol?

I assumed it was the ankle. Hopefully the protocol keeps him out a long time then.
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM
And1: 22,483

Post#190 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:55 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
BeatDaCavs420 wrote:And Wendell went off LMAO this is hell

29/11 for Vuc and 19/12 for Carter. His numbers are below Vuc’s averages. No one here would want Carter as our second option.

Obviously but let's not forget the picks and the fact Wendell was hardly doing those numbers with us. That's kinda telling depending how you look at it.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#191 » by WindyCityBorn » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:22 pm

BeatDaCavs420 wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
BeatDaCavs420 wrote:And Wendell went off LMAO this is hell

29/11 for Vuc and 19/12 for Carter. His numbers are below Vuc’s averages. No one here would want Carter as our second option.

Obviously but let's not forget the picks and the fact Wendell was hardly doing those numbers with us. That's kinda telling depending how you look at it.

Carter and Gafford’s play so far has made our frontcourt talent development look shaky.
Hold That
RealGM
And1: 740

Post#192 » by Hold That » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:25 pm

FanInTheAttic wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

Some highlights:

I'm not arguing that Carter is a better player, I actually rate Vuc quite highly as a player,and he had a solid game last night, but I think he scored against Carter in the paint only once, he was mostly scoring from the perimeter and 3 point line. I remember Markkanen having some good moments on one on one defence though.

I still wouldn’t take anything from Carter looking good against US. Especially since most players usually have a good game in their first game against their former team. They’ve practice against those guys and are actually motivated to showcase against them specifically. Carter issue has always been inconsistently and drive. Unfortunately for him he doesn’t play against the Bulls for 82 games. We’ll see how he is when he’s comfortable and settled into being a Magic. If he’s still putting up numbers then call me a believer. But we’ve seen 3 years of Wendell I’m going to have to see more than a “ok” 10 game stretch.
BloodyQ
Starter
And1: 1,186

Post#193 » by BloodyQ » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:54 pm

So the Bulls are just the new Wizards....two all-stars.....still godawful.
HOTCARL_o
Sixth Man
And1: 155

Post#194 » by HOTCARL_o » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:25 am

We might be stuck at that play in spot, raptors trying to call it in for the season, they sitting siakam and og for rest. Only one to really overtake the 10th spot are the wizards but wouldn’t be surprised if they start load managing as well.
Read on Twitter
GoBlue72391
General Manager
And1: 5,695

Post#195 » by GoBlue72391 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:23 am

Pentele wrote:
MalagaBulls wrote:
Pentele wrote:
Blessing in a disguise? If this prevents Zach from suffering a major injury with his, I guess, bum ankle in a compressed schedule, and he would not rest otherwise, I am all in for him missing a few games.
According to Cowley it could even be more than a few games.

Right, just reading about it. They even cancelled the practice. Let's see if we can field a team on Friday.

We haven't had a single practice since the trade and finally when we're about to have our first and much needed practice with our new players it turns out our best player is out and we have to cancel practice...only the Bulls...
Southpaw
Sixth Man
And1: 763

Post#196 » by Southpaw » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:05 am

Am2626 wrote:
Southpaw wrote:We might not even make the play-ins after going all in and trading for an all-star. This is just sad.

Getting a top 4 pick is way better then making the play in game. Every loss from this point forward gets the Bulls closer to that opportunity. Even if the Bulls don’t land a top 4 pick they still have this summer to add a vet point guard which in my opinion is what this team is really lacking. You put Conley Jr. on this team and the Bulls are next years Phoenix Suns. Even better if they can add a top 4 pick to that.

Completely agree. I'm just saying that it's disappointing that we went all-in for an all star and seemingly got worse. It's probably moot now that Lavine is out for a while. I really hope we keep that pick this year.
Am2626
Analyst
And1: 1,009

Post#197 » by Am2626 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:14 pm

HOTCARL_o wrote:We might be stuck at that play in spot, raptors trying to call it in for the season, they sitting siakam and og for rest. Only one to really overtake the 10th spot are the wizards but wouldn’t be surprised if they start load managing as well.
Read on Twitter

I think with Beal and Westbrook on that team they are going to try and push of the playoffs. Regarding the Raptors it looks like they are mailing it in.
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,903

Post#198 » by weneeda2guard » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:30 pm

Even if we are missing the play in its better based on the odds for us to still get wins to make the odds worst on our pick that is ultimately going to Orlando. It is very low chances that we get that top 4 pick even if we lose most of the rest of our games. Simply because there are teams actively tanking for longer than us and they will still continue to lose
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"

Return to Chicago Bulls