Image ImageImage Image

PG: Bulls Win vs Cavs depression

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Re: PG: Bulls Win vs Cavs depression 

Post#201 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:44 pm

Just_Bullz wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
Just_Bullz wrote:Shout out to Sato for a perfect game if not for the turnovers.

A consummate professional. Please have him back as a bull.

I think we can use that money on abetter player. Paying Sato and Thad almost $30 million to be decent backups is not good allocation of our cap space. If we didn’t suck I might fell differently, but this season end tailspin calls for even more drastic changes.

Any of the players that outplay them every night. They are hardly irreplaceable.

Like who?
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,083

Post#202 » by MrSparkle » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:50 pm

ImSlower wrote:Schroeder turned down 4/84m from the most storied franchise in the league, in its most popular town, led by two top 6ish players. I'm not sure why he would be under consideration unless you believe he is worth significantly more than 4/84m, which is what he would be looking for from such a weak team as the Bulls.

I think 100/4 is going to be his market price. Gonna come down to NYK and CHI.

Obviously an overpay - fortunately Donovan can advise very well whether he's worth the premium charge.

If he's the only major move with come away with, at the loss of a few vets, then it's a bad summer. But if he's 1 amongst many, then he would significantly bolster the rotation.

I still like the trade angle more than blowing all cap on 1 guy. Especially if Sato or Coby can be the main pieces going out. There are lots of interesting options who aren't untouchable (i.e. Brunson - maybe revisit Brogdon).

A two-way forward with handles would still help this team a lot more than a middle-class PG. It would be wonderful if Troy developed into a starter. Otherwise, it's slim pickings. Might want to hit the bargain bin (James Ennis, Barton, Winslow).
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,323

Post#203 » by Stratmaster » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:59 pm

DuckIII wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
Oh I agree. The organization is going to try mightily. Not just the players, who presumably always try, but also BD and AK.

Regardless, I hope we lose as many games as possible despite that effort. I’m rooting for a loss every night for the rest of the season.

As of today, this team’s future looks like trash.
Et tu? Wasn't it you posting about not losing another game the rest of the season just a few games ago :)

Ahhh... the difference a couple days make. How the tide has turned. From feast to famine. Out of the black and into the red. Gold mine to Fool's Gold.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app

Those posts were in jest.

Regardless, once the questionable “All In (Kind Of) Thursday” came and went I was absolutely rooting hard for wins to climb into a meaningful playoff spot that would be a selling point to players and agents.

That was 13 games ago. During that time the Bulls have gone 4-9 during arguably the softest schedule they’ll have had all season.

The potential “we’re for real now” value of the trades is deader than Lincoln. The best outcome now is to get lucky with the draft. I don’t consider this objectively debatable.

It’s fine however for exhausted Bulls fans to just want some short term wins and a possible “playoff” appearance to enjoy. I just don’t evaluate things that way.
My post was in jest... about your jestful posts.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app

Return to Chicago Bulls