Image ImageImage Image

PG: Bulls Win vs Cavs depression

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,705

Re: Bulls vs Cavs depression begins at 7pm 

Post#121 » by BullChit » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:04 am

beeshma wrote:I’m going to use these few weeks to imagine a Vuc, Coby, Lauri, PAW core.

That's a poor use of one's imagination
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,310

Re: PG: Bulls Win vs Cavs depression 

Post#122 » by Stratmaster » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:27 am

Hey. We're back in the play-in spot.

Yay?

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
BullChit
Head Coach

Post#123 » by BullChit » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:37 am

Stratmaster wrote:Hey. We're back in the play-in spot.

Yay?

Seeing as the season splits into

Make the playoffs or get a top 4 picks and everything in between is an unequivocal failure, if we make the play in and lose is that technically playoffs? And if not who will argue that it is?
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,310

Post#124 » by Stratmaster » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:46 am

BullChit wrote:

Yay?

Make the playoffs or get a top 4 picks and everything in between is an unequivocal failure, if we make the play in and lose is that technically playoffs? And if not who will argue that it is?
You think therefore you are.

Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,536

Post#125 » by Dominator83 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:49 am

BullChit wrote:

Yay?

No. Loser of the play-in games are lottery. Just like last year where the bubble teams that didn't qualify for the playoffs were in the lottery
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
The Force.
Head Coach
And1: 2,112

Post#126 » by The Force. » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:37 am

BullChit wrote:

Yay?

At this point I don't see any benefit of making the play in over gunning for the top 4 pick. On the off chance we make it through the play in, we'll be quickly annihilated by Philly or Brooklyn. If we lose the play in, our chances of moving up significantly decrease. However, if we continue to tank and end up 6-8 we have something like a 25% chance of moving up. It's a sad state of affairs to once again hinge all hope on the lottery but I see no realistic alternative ATM.
Fastbrk4brkfast
General Manager
And1: 2,742

Post#127 » by Fastbrk4brkfast » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:16 am

Is it true this team still hasn't practiced? That's crazy but believable considering the play.
BullChit
Head Coach

Post#128 » by BullChit » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:46 am

The Force. wrote:
BullChit wrote:

Yay?

At this point I don't see any benefit of making the play in over gunning for the top 4 pick. On the off chance we make it through the play in, we'll be quickly annihilated by Philly or Brooklyn. If we lose the play in, our chances of moving up significantly decrease. However, if we continue to tank and end up 6-8 we have something like a 25% chance of moving up. It's a sad state of affairs to once again hinge all hope on the lottery but I see no realistic alternative ATM.

This is what I was thinking... If we make the play in and lose we end up with nothing.

Making the play offs this season isn't about winning it's about experience to key players, if we make the play in and lose we get no real shot at our draft pick nor do we get actual play off experience.

Quite the situation the Bulls find themselves in.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,213

Post#129 » by Red8911 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:57 am

The Force. wrote:
BullChit wrote:

Yay?

So you guys want to tank for a 25% chance. What a genius plan lol. It’s simply not happening. Bulls are NOT tanking and even if they keep losing they’ll just end up giving a better pick to the magic. Very low chance to get that 4th pick.

Goal should be the same try to win and make the playoffs. The talent is there and despite the bad start with the new guys they can turn it around.There’s no other choice at this point.
Am2626
Analyst
And1: 1,005

Post#130 » by Am2626 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:18 am

Red8911 wrote:
The Force. wrote:
BullChit wrote:

So you guys want to tank for a 25% chance. What a genius plan lol. It’s simply not happening. Bulls are NOT tanking and even if they keep losing they’ll just end up giving a better pick to the magic. Very low chance to get that 4th pick.

Goal should be the same try to win and make the playoffs. The talent is there and despite the bad start with the new guys they can turn it around.There’s no other choice at this point.

Have you seen the results in the last 2 drafts since the lottery odds changed? Look at the 8 picks (top 4 each year). 5 of them were claimed by teams that did not have a bottom 4 record. Both teams in the 7 spot each year got a top 4 pick. Spots as low as 9 and 11 have landed a top 4 pick. That doesn’t sound like very low odds to me. There will be anywhere from 1 to 3 teams that will jump in the top 4 in that range.

If the Bulls get a top 4 pick their future changes for the better immediately. Look at what Rose did for this Franchise a decade ago.

This team squeezing into a play in game does absolutely nothing. They aren’t winning anything until they get a battle tested playoff experienced PG that can run this team. That can’t happen until this summer at the earliest. This year is over. The only positive thing that can happen is getting a top 4 pick.

Going back to Orlando’s return who cares? What they get back is irrelevant. It’s about the best possible result for the Bulls. Zach isn’t coming back for several more games. The chemistry and team makeup isn’t there right now. It’s not happening this year so these meaningless wins mean nothing.
BullChit
Head Coach

Post#131 » by BullChit » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:25 am

Red8911 wrote:
The Force. wrote:
BullChit wrote:

I have actually been a long term make the playoffs guy and still think we should BUT I do worry about a lose lose situation of losing the play in game and then getting no draft pick.
DorO
Junior
And1: 201

Post#132 » by DorO » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:53 am

DASMACKDOWN wrote:Who would have thunk?

11 turnovers last night, 10 turnovers tonight. With primarily, a Coby led offense.

Coby is very talented though streaky young man who can become anything, worth keeping around. If cheap I would sign TBJ for extension too but Lauri need to be 12-15 per before thinking of signing him again, if not S&T deal set.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,233

Post#133 » by kodo » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:13 am

Defense was significantly better this game, more aggressive. We even hedged and trapped a few times, Boylen would have been proud.

I didn't think Billy would bench both Thad & Lauri, even though it makes sense to start to Theis. But that's 2 games in a row he's started, that's promising.
Bullstuff
Freshman
And1: 35

Post#134 » by Bullstuff » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:27 am

Were the Cavs tanking or did Bulls actually play well in final minutes? The Markkanen-Vuc-3pointers in the final minutes sealed it, but they actually played quite well in defense too - with some hustle and solid rotations - which is pretty much a first...
bulls_troy
General Manager
And1: 270

Post#135 » by bulls_troy » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:34 am

Fastbrk4brkfast wrote:Is it true this team still hasn't practiced? That's crazy but believable considering the play.

Its true. they were meant to practice the other day when Zach got entered into the covid protocol
Twitter: @bulls_troy
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,288

Post#136 » by Jstock12 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:50 am

AirLaVine8 wrote:
Fastbrk4brkfast wrote:Is it true this team still hasn't practiced? That's crazy but believable considering the play.

Its true. they were meant to practice the other day when Zach got entered into the covid protocol

So they're just winging it. Wow.
BullChit
Head Coach

Post#137 » by BullChit » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:12 am

Jstock12 wrote:
AirLaVine8 wrote:

This is why I can look at how we are playing and see the issues - defence, turnovers, stagnant offence and the need for a Point Gaurd and more defence and feel okay about next season..

But it is also why I cannot abide crappy hot takes like "BDs days are numbered!"
"blow it all up"
"AKME are the same as GarPax"
"P Will is a bust!"

This is virtually the same team that played like garbage for 2 seasons in a row but everybody expected something amazing this year? Sack the coach who has had little to no offseason with his team and little to no practice and then basically gets an entire new team mid way through the season!

The one major story I'm interested in seeing play out is the Lauri situation.

Is it a coaching and management error?
Is it Lauri himself?
Are Lauri fans saying its okay for Lauri to give up if the coaching staff aren't using him?
What will happen in the off season.

Outside of that this entire season is hot trash for all team, bulls are just slightly better than last season in a season that is near impossible to gauge.
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,904

Post#138 » by RSP83 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:28 am

BullChit wrote:
Red8911 wrote:
The Force. wrote:

I have actually been a long term make the playoffs guy and still think we should BUT I do worry about a lose lose situation of losing the play in game and then getting no draft pick.

If I'm AK and BD, I'd rather use the remaining games to try to figure this team out. AK was already set on Vuc gamble, hence why he traded next year's first round pick Top-4 protected and keep 2022's. He was sort of doing this mini "throwing-the-whole-kitchen-sink" for Vuc. Doesn't turn out as he expected, but he's ready to lose the pick next year in exchange for a playoff push (play-in whathever). This team needs to get better regardless, with or without the lottery pick, we're sort of stuck with it for the next 1 or 2 years.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,048

Post#139 » by FriedRise » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:35 am

Jstock12 wrote:
AirLaVine8 wrote:

Yup. Half the roster was turned over so this is like having a new team and then starting a new season while skipping the summer + training camp + preseason and playing 15 games in 20 days mostly on the road. Can work beautifully in 2K but impossible in real life.

There was a stretch in the Memphis game where Billy had all 5 of the old Bulls guys playing together (I think Arch / Temple / Denzel / Lauri / Young), and that’s when we actually made a run and looked like a real team.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,774

Post#140 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:14 am

Just_Bullz wrote:Shout out to Sato for a perfect game if not for the turnovers.

A consummate professional. Please have him back as a bull.

I think we can use that money on abetter player. Paying Sato and Thad almost $30 million to be decent backups is not good allocation of our cap space. If we didn’t suck I might fell differently, but this season end tailspin calls for even more drastic changes.

Return to Chicago Bulls