Image ImageImage Image

PG: That's a wrap

Moderators: HomoSapien, Tommy Udo 6 , GimmeDat, dougthonus, DASMACKDOWN, Payt10, kulaz3000, fleet, RedBulls23, Ice Man, AshyLarrysDiaper

patagonia
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,726
And1: 1,961
Joined: Feb 17, 2010

PG: That's a wrap 

Post#1 » by patagonia » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:49 am

With the Wiz winning tonight and our remaining schedule, that'll just about do it.
cool007
RealGM
Posts: 16,542
And1: 2,073
Joined: Feb 03, 2005

Re: PG: That's a wrap 

Post#2 » by cool007 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:52 am

We should just try and tank now. It's over.

Show the white flag, AKME and Billy.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
Posts: 15,713
And1: 8,065
Joined: Jun 26, 2014
     

Re: PG: That's a wrap 

Post#3 » by WindyCityBorn » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:56 am

#betterwithoutzach

I’m not sure Vuc would agree.

I wish had not taken the time watch that second half.
User avatar
Bulls619sd
Sophomore
Posts: 150
And1: 18
Joined: Mar 16, 2011

Re: PG: That's a wrap 

Post#4 » by Bulls619sd » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:01 am

Well if we start tanking now we either give Orlando a 7th or we get a top four, that seems like the best we'll do. I hate the idea of tanking :banghead:
User avatar
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
Posts: 12,218
And1: 4,337
Joined: Jun 27, 2008

Re: PG: That's a wrap 

Post#5 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:06 am

Can’t even tank really anymore, worst they could do is 7th.

Having a poor defensive center is going to be such an uphill battle from a roster standpoint, I don’t know what AK was thinking. All the Bulls need is an elite help defender at the power forward spot and someone who still has a good offense. There are like 5 of those guys on the planet.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
User avatar
Sinistar6
Starter
Posts: 2,174
And1: 75
Joined: Nov 18, 2003
Location: Chicago
       

Re: PG: That's a wrap 

Post#6 » by Sinistar6 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:06 am

Crazy position we are in as a franchise. I love the pic protection, let the ping pong balls drop!
Next time the cult's spaceship lands we'll all be wearing black Starburys.

-mcwelk
dukeespn
Freshman
Posts: 84
And1: 67
Joined: Feb 14, 2021
     

Re: PG: That's a wrap 

Post#7 » by dukeespn » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:08 am

Bulls619sd wrote:Well if we start tanking now we either give Orlando a 7th or we get a top four, that seems like the best we'll do. I hate the idea of tanking :banghead:



I hate this circunstance that we have to tank when there's strong possibility that we happen to give away our 7th-10th pick to the Magic.

AK was so delusional that he pushed the win-now button when the main roster was built very poorly by GarPax. The Bulls still need to get reliable ball-handlers while every single NBA teams wants to get them.

There are quite many teams that have more cap space or better winning record than the Bulls so I wonder how AK manage to persuade them to come to the Bulls.
sco
RealGM
Posts: 16,887
And1: 4,737
Joined: Sep 22, 2003
Location: Virtually Everywhere!

Re: PG: That's a wrap 

Post#8 » by sco » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:08 am

Give up the tanking nonsense. We're not starting Lauri again. The Bulls really can't beat teams with shot blocking (which, IMO, is mainly about Coby just being unable to score on shot blockers). The Knicks are a very good team. Randle was mana from heaven for them.

Theis used up a season's worth of mojo last game.

My Lauri joke aside...I don't mind him at SF. He did a better job on Barrett than he did on Randle.
:clap:
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
Posts: 15,713
And1: 8,065
Joined: Jun 26, 2014
     

Re: PG: That's a wrap 

Post#9 » by WindyCityBorn » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:11 am

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:Can’t even tank really anymore, worst they could do is 7th.

Having a poor defensive center is going to be such an uphill battle from a roster standpoint, I don’t know what AK was thinking. All the Bulls need is an elite help defender at the power forward spot and someone who still has a good offense. There are like 5 of those guys on the planet.


Yay again let’s criticize the only player worth a damn tonight. If our players were not trash on offense that was a winnable game.
Just_Bullz
Starter
Posts: 2,365
And1: 519
Joined: Nov 24, 2008

Re: PG: That's a wrap 

Post#10 » by Just_Bullz » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:14 am

Good win for Thibs and gang.

On with the next....
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
Posts: 15,713
And1: 8,065
Joined: Jun 26, 2014
     

Re: PG: That's a wrap 

Post#11 » by WindyCityBorn » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:16 am

Just_Bullz wrote:Good win for Thibs and gang.

On with the next....


The next loss. :lol:
The Box Office
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,585
And1: 906
Joined: Jun 14, 2016

Re: PG: That's a wrap 

Post#12 » by The Box Office » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:23 am

We have a super high chance of losing the next 5 games vs. Bucks, Hawks, Sixers, Hornets, and Celtics.

I know we beat Hornets and Celtics recently, but they're looking for blood against us. On May 9th vs. Pistons is where LaVine should return. Even without LaVine, we should beat Pistons easily.

- Coby White should not be yelling at established vets such as Vuc. Even when Vuc was late on something, Coby has absolutely no business talking down to him when Coby himself was terrible, yet again, on defense tonight. Stubborn kid. I like his 9 assists tonight though. Coby White hilariously couldn't get to the free throw line either. Maybe that pop on Coby's mouth was warranted to shut the kid up.

- Patrick Williams still performing like a bust.

- Julius Randle is having a superb year. He's also a f*ckin beast defensively if y'all weren't following him. He's currently number 2 in the NBA in defensive win shares behind Rudy Gobert. Randle is also number 12 in defensive rating showing that he's better than anyone we currently have by 1000s of miles. Knicks are blessed to have Randle since he's currently out performing the guy the Knicks truly wanted and that is Zion.
User avatar
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
Posts: 12,218
And1: 4,337
Joined: Jun 27, 2008

Re: PG: That's a wrap 

Post#13 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:25 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
Chicago-Bull-E wrote:Can’t even tank really anymore, worst they could do is 7th.

Having a poor defensive center is going to be such an uphill battle from a roster standpoint, I don’t know what AK was thinking. All the Bulls need is an elite help defender at the power forward spot and someone who still has a good offense. There are like 5 of those guys on the planet.


Yay again let’s criticize the only player worth a damn tonight. If our players were not trash on offense that was a winnable game.


No one on this team is above criticism.

For the most part, they’ve all sucked. I’ve simply lost the energy to complain about the others. That’s been done over and over again. Vooch is a new and interesting problem for this team.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
Posts: 15,713
And1: 8,065
Joined: Jun 26, 2014
     

Re: PG: That's a wrap 

Post#14 » by WindyCityBorn » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:29 am

The Box Office wrote:We have a super high chance of losing the next 5 games vs. Bucks, Hawks, Sixers, Hornets, and Celtics.

I know we beat Hornets and Celtics recently, but they're looking for blood against us. On May 9th vs. Pistons is where LaVine should return. Even without LaVine, we should beat Pistons easily.

- Coby White should not be yelling at established vets such as Vuc. Even when Vuc was late on something, Coby has absolutely no business talking down to him when Coby himself was terrible, yet again, on defense tonight. Stubborn kid. I like his 9 assists tonight though. Coby White hilariously couldn't get to the free throw line either. Maybe that pop on Coby's mouth was warranted to shut the kid up.

- Patrick Williams still performing like a bust.

- Julius Randle is having a superb year. He's also a f*ckin beast defensively if y'all weren't following him. He's currently number 2 in the NBA in defensive win shares behind Rudy Gobert. Randle is also number 12 in defensive rating showing that he's better than anyone we currently have by 1000s of miles. Knicks are blessed to have Randle since he's currently out performing the guy the Knicks truly wanted and that is Zion.


Well he is like 5 years older than Zion. Pretty sure the Knicks would trade Randle for Zion tonight, but he has been a beast.
User avatar
beeshma
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,619
And1: 934
Joined: Mar 24, 2011

Re: PG: That's a wrap 

Post#15 » by beeshma » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:31 am

I feel like the tide has been slowly running out, to reveal a strange collection of players, and a shocking amount of barnacles.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
Posts: 15,713
And1: 8,065
Joined: Jun 26, 2014
     

Re: PG: That's a wrap 

Post#16 » by WindyCityBorn » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:31 am

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
Chicago-Bull-E wrote:Can’t even tank really anymore, worst they could do is 7th.

Having a poor defensive center is going to be such an uphill battle from a roster standpoint, I don’t know what AK was thinking. All the Bulls need is an elite help defender at the power forward spot and someone who still has a good offense. There are like 5 of those guys on the planet.


Yay again let’s criticize the only player worth a damn tonight. If our players were not trash on offense that was a winnable game.


No one on this team is above criticism.

For the most part, they’ve all sucked. I’ve simply lost the energy to complain about the others. That’s been done over and over again. Vooch is a new and interesting problem for this team.


I never said he was above criticism. It just annoying to see the two guys that are trying to carry a bunch of bums(first Zach now Vuc) taking most of the blame.
The Box Office
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,585
And1: 906
Joined: Jun 14, 2016

Re: PG: That's a wrap 

Post#17 » by The Box Office » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:32 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
The Box Office wrote:We have a super high chance of losing the next 5 games vs. Bucks, Hawks, Sixers, Hornets, and Celtics.

I know we beat Hornets and Celtics recently, but they're looking for blood against us. On May 9th vs. Pistons is where LaVine should return. Even without LaVine, we should beat Pistons easily.

- Coby White should not be yelling at established vets such as Vuc. Even when Vuc was late on something, Coby has absolutely no business talking down to him when Coby himself was terrible, yet again, on defense tonight. Stubborn kid. I like his 9 assists tonight though. Coby White hilariously couldn't get to the free throw line either. Maybe that pop on Coby's mouth was warranted to shut the kid up.

- Patrick Williams still performing like a bust.

- Julius Randle is having a superb year. He's also a f*ckin beast defensively if y'all weren't following him. He's currently number 2 in the NBA in defensive win shares behind Rudy Gobert. Randle is also number 12 in defensive rating showing that he's better than anyone we currently have by 1000s of miles. Knicks are blessed to have Randle since he's currently out performing the guy the Knicks truly wanted and that is Zion.


Well he is like 5 years older than Zion. Pretty sure the Knicks would trade Randle for Zion tonight, but he has been a beast.


I disagree. Zion is nowhere near elite defensively right now. I'm not even sure Zion reaches Julius Randle's current defensive output ever in his career. Because I'm not confident in Zion's knees.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
Posts: 15,713
And1: 8,065
Joined: Jun 26, 2014
     

Re: PG: That's a wrap 

Post#18 » by WindyCityBorn » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:35 am

The Box Office wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
The Box Office wrote:We have a super high chance of losing the next 5 games vs. Bucks, Hawks, Sixers, Hornets, and Celtics.

I know we beat Hornets and Celtics recently, but they're looking for blood against us. On May 9th vs. Pistons is where LaVine should return. Even without LaVine, we should beat Pistons easily.

- Coby White should not be yelling at established vets such as Vuc. Even when Vuc was late on something, Coby has absolutely no business talking down to him when Coby himself was terrible, yet again, on defense tonight. Stubborn kid. I like his 9 assists tonight though. Coby White hilariously couldn't get to the free throw line either. Maybe that pop on Coby's mouth was warranted to shut the kid up.

- Patrick Williams still performing like a bust.

- Julius Randle is having a superb year. He's also a f*ckin beast defensively if y'all weren't following him. He's currently number 2 in the NBA in defensive win shares behind Rudy Gobert. Randle is also number 12 in defensive rating showing that he's better than anyone we currently have by 1000s of miles. Knicks are blessed to have Randle since he's currently out performing the guy the Knicks truly wanted and that is Zion.


Well he is like 5 years older than Zion. Pretty sure the Knicks would trade Randle for Zion tonight, but he has been a beast.


I disagree. Zion is nowhere near elite defensively right now. I'm not even sure Zion reaches Julius Randle's current defensive output ever in his career. Because I'm not confident in Zion's knees.


It took Randle like 5 years to figure it out. Zion is already a star. If he stays healthy he will he better. Probably significantly better. Zion is a generational talent. Randle is not.
SfBull
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,491
And1: 932
Joined: Jan 17, 2011
       

Re: PG: That's a wrap 

Post#19 » by SfBull » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:42 am

So the Bulls are a better team without Lavine right?
The Box Office
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,585
And1: 906
Joined: Jun 14, 2016

Re: PG: That's a wrap 

Post#20 » by The Box Office » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:42 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
The Box Office wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
Well he is like 5 years older than Zion. Pretty sure the Knicks would trade Randle for Zion tonight, but he has been a beast.


I disagree. Zion is nowhere near elite defensively right now. I'm not even sure Zion reaches Julius Randle's current defensive output ever in his career. Because I'm not confident in Zion's knees.


It took Randle like 5 years to figure it out. Zion is already a star. If he stays healthy he will he better. Probably significantly better.


I wouldn't trade for Randle for Zion. Randle is having a superstar year himself. I think you're speaking for yourself, correct? YOU would trade Randle for Zion. I don't care about 5 years from now. I don't care about the future. It's all about "right now." Right now, Randle is the better player and his stats and advanced metrics beat all over Zion.

Since Zion is a superstar, and I agree that Zion is, how come his team is currently ranked 11th in the West? They're out of the playoffs.

Return to Chicago Bulls