Image ImageImage Image

PG: That's a wrap

Moderators: HomoSapien, Tommy Udo 6 , GimmeDat, dougthonus, DASMACKDOWN, Payt10, kulaz3000, fleet, RedBulls23, Ice Man, AshyLarrysDiaper

dukeespn
Freshman
Posts: 84
And1: 67
Joined: Feb 14, 2021
     

Re: PG: That's a wrap 

Post#81 » by dukeespn » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:13 pm

Stratmaster wrote:
dukeespn wrote:
SfBull wrote:Seriously?
Zach is our better player by a lot, period.He shouldn't be blamed by playing with a bunch of bad players.There's a chance of building up a good team around him and Vuc,what AK needs to do is try to get better players than we have now.



So that better player achieves what on the Bulls? Making one all-star apperance?

Good to see your fancy player make individual achievement!
I only recall seeing you post recently, and your takes are generally way out there.

Are you just trolling?

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app



I started to write comments here recently but I already know someone like you always defend all the flaws LaVine has while blaming other Bulls with no mercy.

In my eyes especially you really want to mute people who talk about your favorite player's shortcoming.

Are you just trolling?
Bulliever2020
Sophomore
Posts: 205
And1: 314
Joined: Jul 13, 2018
       

Re: PG: That's a wrap 

Post#82 » by Bulliever2020 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:19 pm

Sooooo.....when's the draft lottery again?
nekorajo
Senior
Posts: 524
And1: 77
Joined: Jun 24, 2004

Re: PG: That's a wrap 

Post#83 » by nekorajo » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:23 pm

Am I the only one who enjoyed that game? Yeah it sucks that we lost, but it was an old school slugfest.

The Knicks came out throwing haymakers. The referees were clearly against us, but somehow the Bulls (without their best player) still made the game interesting.
Stratmaster
RealGM
Posts: 16,647
And1: 6,285
Joined: Oct 02, 2010
       

Re: PG: That's a wrap 

Post#84 » by Stratmaster » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:51 pm

dukeespn wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:
dukeespn wrote:

So that better player achieves what on the Bulls? Making one all-star apperance?

Good to see your fancy player make individual achievement!
I only recall seeing you post recently, and your takes are generally way out there.

Are you just trolling?

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app



I started to write comments here recently but I already know someone like you always defend all the flaws LaVine has while blaming other Bulls with no mercy.

In my eyes especially you really want to mute people who talk about your favorite player's shortcoming.

Are you just trolling?
I have no problem acknowledging Zach's shortcomings. I already know (from almost all your posts) that someone like you looks for every opportunity to trash the Bulls best player.

The current irrational discussion you were having about Lavine is that you think the Bulls are better when he doesn't play.

So let's be clear. Do you believe the Bulls are better when their best player doesn't play because they are 4-5 this season when he sits?

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
Red8911
RealGM
Posts: 11,115
And1: 2,786
Joined: Jul 13, 2010
Location: BROOKLYN

Re: PG: That's a wrap 

Post#85 » by Red8911 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:13 pm

nekorajo wrote:Am I the only one who enjoyed that game? Yeah it sucks that we lost, but it was an old school slugfest.

The Knicks came out throwing haymakers. The referees were clearly against us, but somehow the Bulls (without their best player) still made the game interesting.

Yup the refs were ridiculous. Theis not only got fouled on that one play he got the T, he was hacked going up for a dunk. No call. Coby got smacked in the face, again nothing. There were more plays that they “missed”. These refs should get fined or get fired over this game, it was that bad. Bulls should at least complain to the league, don’t let them get away with this.

Other than the refs the game was lost in the 4th quarter. Quickley went hot and all of a sudden it became a 10 pt deficit and the momentum shifted to the Knicks side at the perfect time to finish the game. Donovan was at fault should of made an adjustment during this time. Sato was clearly struggling to keep up with Quickley, instead of just watching it happen do something about it ! Throw in Arci or Green or take a time out, something. Donovan’s slow reaction to this problem was critical.

I agree despite the loss it was a good game and it was entertaining to watch. Feels like the rivalry between them may be coming back.If the Bulls become better by next season these will be fun games especially if they match up in the playoffs.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 22,484
And1: 10,937
Joined: Apr 19, 2011

Re: PG: That's a wrap 

Post#86 » by Ice Man » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:29 pm

Did anybody else notice when Stacey and Adam commented late in the 3rd quarter about how the Bulls were getting away from what got them back into the game? Per Stacey and Adam, what got them back into the game was getting into the paint, and what was starting to lose them the game was taking 3-point shots.

In the second and third quarters combined, the Bulls scored 24 points on 14 3-point shots, 30 points on 29 2-point shots, and made 2 free throws. The reality was the direct opposite of what the announcers said. The Bulls got back into the game by scoring efficiently on 3s, while they continued to be inefficient with their 2-point shots. This wasn't a mere difference of opinion. It was the announcing team misstating what occurred on the court, because of its personal beliefs about how the game should be played. (Well OK, it was Stacey misstating, and then Adam agreeing, because he never contradicts Stacey.)

I don't approve. Not at all.
Red8911
RealGM
Posts: 11,115
And1: 2,786
Joined: Jul 13, 2010
Location: BROOKLYN

Re: PG: That's a wrap 

Post#87 » by Red8911 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:32 pm

SfBull wrote:
Red8911 wrote:
Ice Man wrote:I don't think the Knicks have the talent to make a playoff run this year, but they are fun to watch. Thibs certainly does get the best out of what he has. As for the Bulls, might as well give Green, Dotson, Aminu etc. some run. We're not playing for anything now.

What do you mean not playing for anything now? There are 10 games remaining with 2 games out of that 10th spot. Is it looking more unlikely for them to reach the play in? Sure but they will still try to make it that’s the goal right now. No other choice but to fight it till the end at this point and hope for the best. If they somehow sneak into the play in, then with Zach back anything is possible.

I don't want it, better finish the season out of play in games and go for the so much needed offseason moves .
Season is just over.

The off season moves are happening no matter what happens with the play ins or playoffs. Reaching this goal despite the record would be good for this team and the coach. Gives something to build on and gives the players much needed experience. Not even making it to the 10th seed would just a bad look for everyone the players, coach and AK. I know at this point there’s more chances of them not making it but they should still fight for it.
User avatar
madvillian
RealGM
Posts: 15,920
And1: 5,693
Joined: Dec 23, 2004
Location: Brooklyn

Re: PG: That's a wrap 

Post#88 » by madvillian » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:50 pm

beeshma wrote:I feel like the tide has been slowly running out, to reveal a strange collection of players, and a shocking amount of barnacles.


And the rotted, fetid corpse of the remaining GarPax picks. I'm not going to rip AK until sometime next December if this is once again a 25 win team, but there is only so much you can do when literally half the roster isn't worth an NBA roster spot.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.


I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
Posts: 15,713
And1: 8,065
Joined: Jun 26, 2014
     

Re: PG: That's a wrap 

Post#89 » by WindyCityBorn » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:41 pm

TheFinishSniper wrote:
The Force. wrote:Hey at least we don't have to worry about picking 7th again. Am I right?

I know you joking but we will either pick top 4 or we wont pick at all. That's better than picking 7th. Sounds weird but I am sick enough of level of play, winning and contribution WCJ, Coby and Lauri produced for us. Ill rather pick not at all than pick another one of them.

Bulls also have enough assets left after draft to go in offseason and trade for PG if necessary. And that's what we need. We dont need another goddamn 7th pick scrub


Agreed
User avatar
ImSlower
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,259
And1: 4,133
Joined: Jan 06, 2011
Location: STL-ish
   

Re: PG: That's a wrap 

Post#90 » by ImSlower » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:03 pm

I would like to have another 7th pick as opposed to not having a pick.
Stratmaster
RealGM
Posts: 16,647
And1: 6,285
Joined: Oct 02, 2010
       

Re: PG: That's a wrap 

Post#91 » by Stratmaster » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:37 pm

Ice Man wrote:Did anybody else notice when Stacey and Adam commented late in the 3rd quarter about how the Bulls were getting away from what got them back into the game? Per Stacey and Adam, what got them back into the game was getting into the paint, and what was starting to lose them the game was taking 3-point shots.

In the second and third quarters combined, the Bulls scored 24 points on 14 3-point shots, 30 points on 29 2-point shots, and made 2 free throws. The reality was the direct opposite of what the announcers said. The Bulls got back into the game by scoring efficiently on 3s, while they continued to be inefficient with their 2-point shots. This wasn't a mere difference of opinion. It was the announcing team misstating what occurred on the court, because of its personal beliefs about how the game should be played. (Well OK, it was Stacey misstating, and then Adam agreeing, because he never contradicts Stacey.)

I don't approve. Not at all.
To get this correct Stacey and Adam would have to actually watch the games they are calling. They don't.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
CobyWhite0
Senior
Posts: 559
And1: 419
Joined: Dec 28, 2020
 

Re: PG: That's a wrap 

Post#92 » by CobyWhite0 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:10 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
TheFinishSniper wrote:
The Force. wrote:Hey at least we don't have to worry about picking 7th again. Am I right?

I know you joking but we will either pick top 4 or we wont pick at all. That's better than picking 7th. Sounds weird but I am sick enough of level of play, winning and contribution WCJ, Coby and Lauri produced for us. Ill rather pick not at all than pick another one of them.

Bulls also have enough assets left after draft to go in offseason and trade for PG if necessary. And that's what we need. We dont need another goddamn 7th pick scrub


Agreed


Yeah, I think I'd rather use the roster spot on a veteran than on another 19-year-old. We already have two kids (Coby and Mr. Patrick Williams) who are going to play around 30 min each, and I'd like to see more of Troy Brown, who is also only 21 and was drafted #15 just 3 summers ago.

I don't know about Simonovic, but the Adriatic League does have a pretty decent track record of sending good players to the NBA.

http://www.bhoops.com/new/adriatic-league-players-in-the-nba/ (This article is 4 years old)
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
Posts: 15,713
And1: 8,065
Joined: Jun 26, 2014
     

Re: PG: That's a wrap 

Post#93 » by WindyCityBorn » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:04 pm

ImSlower wrote:I would like to have another 7th pick as opposed to not having a pick.


I’d rather have Vuc. Period.
User avatar
Michael Jackson
RealGM
Posts: 15,924
And1: 2,250
Joined: Jun 15, 2001

Re: PG: That's a wrap 

Post#94 » by Michael Jackson » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:11 pm

madvillian wrote:
beeshma wrote:I feel like the tide has been slowly running out, to reveal a strange collection of players, and a shocking amount of barnacles.


And the rotted, fetid corpse of the remaining GarPax picks. I'm not going to rip AK until sometime next December if this is once again a 25 win team, but there is only so much you can do when literally half the roster isn't worth an NBA roster spot.



Agreed. It was a poorly constructed team that had no ability to be retooled overnight. When AK gets to shed the rest of this roster and have his guys, then we can crucify him. The pieces might not fit now and his moves haven't looked great yet but the cake is half baked. He has to get it baked quickly though. He doesn't have to make huge moves this offseason but he better get "his" guys in there before the start of next season or at least more of them.
User avatar
Michael Jackson
RealGM
Posts: 15,924
And1: 2,250
Joined: Jun 15, 2001

Re: PG: That's a wrap 

Post#95 » by Michael Jackson » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:15 pm

ImSlower wrote:I would like to have another 7th pick as opposed to not having a pick.



Thats an obvious statement but it isn't that black and white. To be honest while I would love to have a pick, I'm tired of #7 picks (and with the depth of last years class PWill is a #7 pick too in theory) I'm not super excited about anyone that isn't in the top 5 personally and would rather have Vuc than that. now I would possibly rather have the trade value of those picks still available to make a different deal though.
User avatar
ImSlower
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,259
And1: 4,133
Joined: Jan 06, 2011
Location: STL-ish
   

Re: PG: That's a wrap 

Post#96 » by ImSlower » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:00 am

I understand, fellows, I should have quoted our Finish friend when he said he'd rather not have a pick than pick another #7, as if the frustration of having a player disappoint is worse than not even having a top 10 pick. Was just being as flippant as that line.

I realize that as of right now, with as atrocious as the Bulls have looked since, I'd assume 90+% of Bulls fans would hindsight-cancel the trade.
Am2626
Starter
Posts: 2,330
And1: 733
Joined: Jul 13, 2013

Re: PG: That's a wrap 

Post#97 » by Am2626 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:19 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
ImSlower wrote:I would like to have another 7th pick as opposed to not having a pick.


I’d rather have Vuc. Period.


Vuc is better than any guy that would be taken at 7. Are people that disappointed that another Lauri, Coby White, or WCJ will not be added to this team through the draft? I could understand if a top 4 pick would be at stake but seriously a low lottery pick again for this team?
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
Posts: 15,713
And1: 8,065
Joined: Jun 26, 2014
     

Re: PG: That's a wrap 

Post#98 » by WindyCityBorn » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:57 am

ImSlower wrote:I understand, fellows, I should have quoted our Finish friend when he said he'd rather not have a pick than pick another #7, as if the frustration of having a player disappoint is worse than not even having a top 10 pick. Was just being as flippant as that line.

I realize that as of right now, with as atrocious as the Bulls have looked since, I'd assume 90+% of Bulls fans would hindsight-cancel the trade.


Nope. I would not want the #7 pick over Vuc and most Bulls fans wouldn’t. If we he luck into top 4 we keep our pick.
Devinpo
Junior
Posts: 271
And1: 144
Joined: Oct 18, 2016
       

Re: PG: That's a wrap 

Post#99 » by Devinpo » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:39 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
ImSlower wrote:I would like to have another 7th pick as opposed to not having a pick.


I’d rather have Vuc. Period.


Idk why people are so big on pics especially if they are gonna be dead weight like Wendell or lauri. These picks are like lottery tickets people are blindly hoping to cash in on. I would rather have a sure thing over a guy who will most likely never be an all star
Mk0
RealGM
Posts: 14,682
And1: 7,952
Joined: Jul 02, 2010
   

Re: PG: That's a wrap 

Post#100 » by Mk0 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:33 am

coldfish wrote:
Pentele wrote:
sco wrote:Give up the tanking nonsense. We're not starting Lauri again. The Bulls really can't beat teams with shot blocking (which, IMO, is mainly about Coby just being unable to score on shot blockers). The Knicks are a very good team. Randle was mana from heaven for them.

Theis used up a season's worth of mojo last game.

My Lauri joke aside...I don't mind him at SF. He did a better job on Barrett than he did on Randle.


In this case, the joke's on all the Bulls fans, unfortunately. The starters are getting killed regularly.

Lauri was pretty solid on defense again. When someone scores on him, I think it gets more attention because of his past defensive failings (if I recall correctly, you recently harped on him getting "abused" which has not really happened at all in this last stretch of games). Lauri did a better job on Randle than most in challenging his shots (btw, what a great player Randle has become!) Cannot really ask for more.


There was a play where Randle passed it to a guard who ran behind Randle in a half asses screen. Lauri kind of wandered behind Randle with no awareness and completely screened off Coby setting a better pick on defense than he does on offense. The guard got an uncontested layup and Lauri was noticeably pissed at himself as he got the ball out of the hoop.

Lauri's defense continues to be poor but we are looking at something different.

It was Elfrid Payton that got the layup. It stuck with me because that dude is trash and he got a WIDE lane.

In the past I would be upset at Lauri for it but I stopped expecting him to know where to be on defense. To his credit his man defense looks better as of late. All I have ever wanted was for him to move his feet and keep his hands up. He has been doing that and it is working. He will never be a great defender but he can at least make guys shoot over him.

Return to Chicago Bulls