Image ImageImage Image

The Athletic's 2020 NBA Re-Draft

Moderators: HomoSapien, Tommy Udo 6 , GimmeDat, dougthonus, DASMACKDOWN, Payt10, kulaz3000, fleet, RedBulls23, Ice Man, AshyLarrysDiaper

Dresden
General Manager
And1: 4,228

Re: The Athletic's 2020 NBA Re-Draft 

Post#21 » by Dresden » Sun May 2, 2021 10:18 pm

Bulliever2020 wrote:I've been watching other team's broadcasts because I just can't stand all Stacey's catchphrases lately but literally every one I've heard has praised Pat and all the potential they see in him. Yet a good portion of this board want to label him a bust not even through his rookie year. He may have plateaued and even digressed a little throughout the year but I've seen enough over a large sample size to still be extremely confident about where he will end up as a player. By year 4, he is going to be a beast.

This is why the opinions of fans have to be always be taken with a grain of salt, esp. on boards like this. Coby was also labeled a complete bust, trash, not an nba player, until he recently got more playing time. Now he looks like someone who might at least be a good bench player, possibly much more.

And it's the same with PW. People want to make judgements after a partial rookie season on a 20 year old player. Thank goodness these same people aren't a Real GM.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,937

Post#22 » by Ice Man » Sun May 2, 2021 10:40 pm

Dresden wrote:This is why the opinions of fans have to be always be taken with a grain of salt, esp. on boards like this.

Of course. But broadcasters are no better. Except Scottie Pippen. I remember one playoff series, the Bulls talked him to announcing. (Maybe the Wizards series?) Man was he great. He didn't have a professional delivery, was monotone, but that's a guy who recognizes what players can and cannot do, and was happy to state it.
SfBull
Assistant Coach
And1: 932

Post#23 » by SfBull » Mon May 3, 2021 12:24 am

Drafting PWill was a bad move by AK in my opinion.I´d take Haliburton over him in any redraft.
SfBull
Assistant Coach
And1: 932

Post#24 » by SfBull » Mon May 3, 2021 12:27 am

Ice Man wrote:
Dresden wrote:This is why the opinions of fans have to be always be taken with a grain of salt, esp. on boards like this.

Of course. But broadcasters are no better. Except Scottie Pippen. I remember one playoff series, the Bulls talked him to announcing. (Maybe the Wizards series?) Man was he great. He didn't have a professional delivery, was monotone, but that's a guy who recognizes what players can and cannot do, and was happy to state it.

Certainly Pippen would be a huge upgrade over Stacey´s homerisms.
Dresden
General Manager
And1: 4,228

Post#25 » by Dresden » Mon May 3, 2021 3:26 am

Ice Man wrote:

What do broadcasters have to do with it? None of the three analysts who wrote the article are broadcasters.
Jimako10
Veteran
And1: 1,151

Post#26 » by Jimako10 » Mon May 3, 2021 5:41 am

I'll still take PWills upside over Hali. I'm waiting to see what he adds to his game over the summer. I'd imagine it's difficult for a 19 year old rookie to develop in this condensed season when you don't have much time to work on improving your skillset in between games and traveling. Yea he's gotten a lot of playing time, but that doesn't always translate into positive development if your not improving your skillset in practice. Next year is really going to shine a light on which direction PWill is heading towards.

Though if the rumors are true that Det would have given their 7th and 16th, I'd take Hali and Poku over PWill without thinking about it.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using RealGM mobile app
Sinistar6
Starter
And1: 75

Post#27 » by Sinistar6 » Mon May 3, 2021 6:13 am

In semi-hindsight I wish we used the draft capital for Vuc to move up for Ball. I get Vuc is how AK builds teams but Ball still has a shot at superstardom and I don’t know if we can say that about anyone else in that draft class (early take).
Next time the cult's spaceship lands we'll all be wearing black Starburys.

-mcwelk

Return to Chicago Bulls