Image ImageImage Image

Free Agent/Trade For PG Discussion

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,311

Re: Free Agent/Trade For PG Discussion 

Post#21 » by d boy gentleman » Mon May 17, 2021 1:42 am

Red8911 wrote:Lowry is older but he might be a good option for maybe a year, two the most.Scores at a high rate, can handle the ball, create,and pass well but his defense won’t help or the fact that he would be taking the ball away from Lavine and Vuc.

Bulls players were all talking to him during yesterday’s game against Toronto including Vuc/Zach. Wonder if they were recruiting him.

With the rest of the list do not want Ball, he would be an expensive mistake. Conley and Schroeder would be good but don’t see them coming here. McConnell is solid but is he the answer? .Would be nice to see Rose come back as a back up not a starter.

You could honestly only get Kyle for a 2+1 deal with that 3rd year being a team option. While he won't get Chris Paul money, he won't exactly sign for 3yrs 24 million
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,902

Post#22 » by TheStig » Mon May 17, 2021 2:29 am

Red8911 wrote:Lowry is older but he might be a good option for maybe a year, two the most.Scores at a high rate, can handle the ball, create,and pass well but his defense won’t help or the fact that he would be taking the ball away from Lavine and Vuc.

Bulls players were all talking to him during yesterday’s game against Toronto including Vuc/Zach. Wonder if they were recruiting him.

With the rest of the list do not want Ball, he would be an expensive mistake. Conley and Schroeder would be good but don’t see them coming here. McConnell is solid but is he the answer? .Would be nice to see Rose come back as a back up not a starter.

Lauri is a good fall back option but I think he heads to Miami. He can be there missing piece and there are no other good FA's.
BillessuR6
General Manager
And1: 2,481

Post#23 » by BillessuR6 » Mon May 17, 2021 11:58 am

As a celtic fan I would do Kemba for Satoransky+Aminu+Brown. We shed some salary next season and get guys who expire in 2022.

Kemba had a pretty good season especially after the AS break but he just isn`t a good fit in Boston.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,654

Post#24 » by sco » Mon May 17, 2021 12:23 pm

thebirdman wrote:As a celtic fan I would do Kemba for Satoransky+Aminu+Brown. We shed some salary next season and get guys who expire in 2022.

Kemba had a pretty good season especially after the AS break but he just isn`t a good fit in Boston.

I'd do that 7 days a week? Aminu has a player-option, is he tradeable after he opts in? If not, what about a Lauri S&T plus Sato?
:clap:
d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,311

Post#25 » by d boy gentleman » Mon May 17, 2021 1:09 pm

thebirdman wrote:As a celtic fan I would do Kemba for Satoransky+Aminu+Brown. We shed some salary next season and get guys who expire in 2022.

Proposed trade wouldn't work cap wise with Kemba making 34 plus million.
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
BillessuR6
General Manager
And1: 2,481

Post#26 » by BillessuR6 » Mon May 17, 2021 5:49 pm

d boy gentleman wrote:

In the offseason it should work...at least according to this site:

https://tradenba.com/trades/zutehPFy5
sco
RealGM

Post#27 » by sco » Mon May 17, 2021 5:56 pm

thebirdman wrote:
d boy gentleman wrote:

Hmm - cool. I thought there might be restrictions to trading Aminu given his player option (that I assume he must opt-in beforehand).
meekrab
RealGM
And1: 8,929

Post#28 » by meekrab » Mon May 17, 2021 6:31 pm

sco wrote:
thebirdman wrote:
d boy gentleman wrote:

Hmm - cool. I thought there might be restrictions to trading Aminu given his player option (that I assume he must opt-in beforehand).

Wouldn't Aminu also have to consent to the trade since it will count as playing on a 1 year contract with Bird Rights next summer? I remember there was something similar with Hinrich a few years back.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,018

Post#29 » by Chi town » Mon May 17, 2021 6:35 pm

I'm thinking we keep Theis, Temple and Green. Lauri, Sato and Thad get traded. Val and Arch walk.

We sign Lonzo or Lowry. Lowry could be a good fit to mentor Coby and he has that edge and vet leadership we need.

Lowry/Coby
Lavine/Temple
Pat/Brown/Green
Theis/Pat
Vuc/Theis
sco
RealGM

Post#30 » by sco » Mon May 17, 2021 7:41 pm

Chi town wrote:I'm thinking we keep Theis, Temple and Green. Lauri, Sato and Thad get traded. Val and Arch walk.

We sign Lonzo or Lowry. Lowry could be a good fit to mentor Coby and he has that edge and vet leadership we need.

Lowry/Coby
Lavine/Temple
Pat/Brown/Green
Theis/Pat
Vuc/Theis

I think there is too much organizational love for Thad to trade him.
chicago paxsons
Bench Warmer
And1: 720

Post#31 » by chicago paxsons » Mon May 17, 2021 8:26 pm

sco wrote:
Chi town wrote:I'm thinking we keep Theis, Temple and Green. Lauri, Sato and Thad get traded. Val and Arch walk.

Lowry/Coby
Lavine/Temple
Pat/Brown/Green
Theis/Pat
Vuc/Theis

Which slightly worries me, not because bringing back thad would make us worse, but i'd prefer bringing back theis and trading thad to plug other roster weaknesses. Theis fits better next to vuc and vuc's skillset overlaps with thad making him less important.
A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
sco
RealGM

Post#32 » by sco » Mon May 17, 2021 8:52 pm

chicago paxsons wrote:
sco wrote:

Lowry/Coby
Lavine/Temple
Pat/Brown/Green
Theis/Pat
Vuc/Theis

Which slightly worries me, not because bringing back thad would make us worse, but i'd prefer bringing back theis and trading thad to plug other roster weaknesses. Theis fits better next to vuc and vuc's skillset overlaps with thad making him less important.

I'm 100% in the Theis over Thad camp. Also agree that if we could use Thad via trade to fill other holes makes sense, but I think they'll keep him because he is our best vet leader and Zach's buddy - I think as our 6th man though.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,018

Post#33 » by Chi town » Mon May 17, 2021 10:59 pm

sco wrote:
chicago paxsons wrote:
sco wrote:I think there is too much organizational love for Thad to trade him.

I'm 100% in the Theis over Thad camp. Also agree that if we could use Thad via trade to fill other holes makes sense, but I think they'll keep him because he is our best vet leader and Zach's buddy - I think as our 6th man though.

I also think Thad is redundant if we get a PG like Lowry or Lonzo.

I think Pels would be all over a Thad for Lonzo swap. Thad would be a great mentor for Zion.

Wonder what our cap situation would be if we sent Thad and Sato for Lonzo and resigned Theis and Temple while letting Lauri walk.
TheJordanRule
Veteran
And1: 1,253

Post#34 » by TheJordanRule » Mon May 17, 2021 11:55 pm

Another under-the-radar player that could improve us considerably at PG is Delon Wright. Sacramento has Haliburton AND Fox AND Hield locked into multiple seasons. Their backcourt is set. My guess is Wright could be had fairly cheaply. I'd much prefer grabbing Wright to another year of Sato. Sato's a decent facilitator but he's not a good defender, and while he makes defenses that leave him open pay, Sato's not an impact player to the degree that Wright is. With Vuce and Zach and Thad in the fold, I would much rather start adding complementary two way players who are defensively strong. Sato's decent, but he doesn't fit with Zach. That much should be obvious by now. Wright's not my preferred option. I'd rather sign a guy like Devonte Graham at a cheap price for multiple seasons or obviously an actual star like Kawhi at the max if we could somehow manage that.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,820

Post#35 » by kulaz3000 » Tue May 18, 2021 12:00 am

I actually like Kemba, but he is way too injury prone.
Why so serious?
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#36 » by kulaz3000 » Tue May 18, 2021 12:03 am

TheJordanRule wrote:Another under-the-radar player that could improve us considerably at PG is Delon Wright. Sacramento has Haliburton AND Fox AND Hield locked into multiple seasons. Their backcourt is set. My guess is Wright could be had fairly cheaply. I'd much prefer grabbing Wright to another year of Sato. Sato's a decent facilitator but he's not a good defender, and while he makes defenses that leave him open pay, Sato's not an impact player to the degree that Wright is. With Vuce and Zach and Thad in the fold, I would much rather start adding complementary two way players who are defensively strong. Sato's decent, but he doesn't fit with Zach. That much should be obvious by now. Wright's not my preferred option. I'd rather sign a guy like Devonte Graham at a cheap price for multiple seasons or obviously an actual star like Kawhi at the max if we could somehow manage that.

I like Delon Wright but he isn't exactly a conventional point guard, and I just don't think he is the answer. He'd be a great backup though.
Why so serious?
sco
RealGM

Post#37 » by sco » Tue May 18, 2021 12:07 am

TheJordanRule wrote:Another under-the-radar player that could improve us considerably at PG is Delon Wright. Sacramento has Haliburton AND Fox AND Hield locked into multiple seasons. Their backcourt is set. My guess is Wright could be had fairly cheaply. I'd much prefer grabbing Wright to another year of Sato. Sato's a decent facilitator but he's not a good defender, and while he makes defenses that leave him open pay, Sato's not an impact player to the degree that Wright is. With Vuce and Zach and Thad in the fold, I would much rather start adding complementary two way players who are defensively strong. Sato's decent, but he doesn't fit with Zach. That much should be obvious by now. Wright's not my preferred option. I'd rather sign a guy like Devonte Graham at a cheap price for multiple seasons or obviously an actual star like Kawhi at the max if we could somehow manage that.

They traded for him...there must be some interest in retaining him, but I'd be all over Wright too! Problem is, not sure what Sacto would want that we could trade.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#38 » by kulaz3000 » Tue May 18, 2021 12:08 am

I'd be happy to skip over Ball, and try to get back Derrick Rose and also sign TJ McConnell. And keep Coby off the bench as a combo guard for one more season, unless some team is willing to offer a pick for Coby.
Why so serious?
sco
RealGM

Post#39 » by sco » Tue May 18, 2021 12:09 am

kulaz3000 wrote:I'd be happy to skip over Ball, and try to get back Derrick Rose and also sign TJ McConnell. And keep Coby off the bench as a combo guard for one more season, unless some team is willing to offer a pick for Coby.

Yeah, Rose/McConnell would be just fine with me. Coby for a 1st would be gravvy.
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,610

Post#40 » by Repeat 3-peat » Tue May 18, 2021 12:18 am

Read on Twitter

Return to Chicago Bulls