Image ImageImage Image

Toni Kukoc named to the Basketball HOF

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

dice
RealGM
And1: 12,542

Re: Toni Kukoc named to the Basketball HOF 

Post#101 » by dice » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:04 am

kodo wrote:Kukoc did produce #s right after the championship, while he was still on the Bulls.
18.8 ppg 7.0 rpg 5.3 apg. This was significant considering the Bulls scored about 80 ppg. Normalizing for today's pace of 99.2, I'm getting about 21 ppg 8 rpg 6 apg. That's really damn good. And it's not like anyone played well under Pink Floyd. Brent Barry was one of the league's best historic sharpshooters after Kerr, he shot 30% from 3 under Floyd. Just 2 years later in Seattle he shot 47.6%. The Bulls were that bad.

After the Bulls Toni got jacked around from team to team. By the time was in a stable situation again, he was 34. Had he come into the league as a main option with a better coach than Floyd, not been behind 2 of the best wings in the history of the NBA, yeah I think he would have put up some #s. But I'm sure he's happy with the rings instead.

he went from 24 points per 100 possessions in the last year of the dynasty to 27 per 100 as the only scoring option the following year. he simply didn't have the mentality to be the top dog on an nba team

TS% dive:

59 - excellent, first year of three-peat, best season, 6th man
53 - starter
49 - awful, first year post dynasty
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged

Return to Chicago Bulls