Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread # 4

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Michael Jackson, Payt10, dougthonus, kulaz3000, Tommy Udo 6 , Ice Man, DASMACKDOWN, fleet, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper

logical_art
RealGM
Posts: 10,846
And1: 3,484
Joined: May 14, 2001

Re: NBA Trade Thread # 4 

Post#1301 » by logical_art » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:11 pm

Bagley isn't it. The Bulls need defense at the 4.
HoopsterJones
RealGM
Posts: 12,131
And1: 9,664
Joined: Feb 22, 2014

Re: NBA Trade Thread # 4 

Post#1302 » by HoopsterJones » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:14 pm

logical_art wrote:Bagley isn't it. The Bulls need defense at the 4.


Rebounding too. They need Rodman.
2021-22 Bulls Prediction:

Regular Season: 49 - 33
2 All Stars: LaVine, Vucevic
Dresden
General Manager
Posts: 8,632
And1: 4,547
Joined: Nov 02, 2017
       

Re: NBA Trade Thread # 4 

Post#1303 » by Dresden » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:19 pm

We should look to nab someone from some of the teams that are really bad and likely don't want vets. Like Robin Lopez might be a good pickup. Or Doug McDermott from SA. Trade some of these spare wings that we have too many of.
aguifs
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,079
And1: 1,043
Joined: Jul 14, 2009
Location: Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
       

Re: NBA Trade Thread # 4 

Post#1304 » by aguifs » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:19 pm

HoopsterJones wrote:
logical_art wrote:Bagley isn't it. The Bulls need defense at the 4.


Rebounding too. They need Rodman.



Damn he would be the perfect fit
#FIREGARPAX #BOYCOTTABULL #REINSDORKSELLTHEFRANCHISE
HoopsterJones
RealGM
Posts: 12,131
And1: 9,664
Joined: Feb 22, 2014

Re: NBA Trade Thread # 4 

Post#1305 » by HoopsterJones » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:22 pm

What would you guys think about trying to swing for the fences for Sabonis?

P Will, Coby, Brown, POR 1st, and CHI 1st (top 20 protection)?
2021-22 Bulls Prediction:

Regular Season: 49 - 33
2 All Stars: LaVine, Vucevic
logical_art
RealGM
Posts: 10,846
And1: 3,484
Joined: May 14, 2001

Re: NBA Trade Thread # 4 

Post#1306 » by logical_art » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:27 pm

HoopsterJones wrote:What would you guys think about trying to swing for the fences for Sabonis?

P Will, Coby, Brown, POR 1st, and CHI 1st (top 20 protection)?


Nah. They already have a lumbering big in Vuc. They need a more athletic modern day 4 IMO. P Williams is actually a good fit on paper, except he lacks the rim protection the Bulls as a team lack.

A young Taj Gibson would be nice...
HoopsterJones
RealGM
Posts: 12,131
And1: 9,664
Joined: Feb 22, 2014

Re: NBA Trade Thread # 4 

Post#1307 » by HoopsterJones » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:30 pm

logical_art wrote:
HoopsterJones wrote:What would you guys think about trying to swing for the fences for Sabonis?

P Will, Coby, Brown, POR 1st, and CHI 1st (top 20 protection)?


Nah. They already have a lumbering big in Vuc. They need a more athletic modern day 4 IMO. P Williams is actually a good fit on paper, except he lacks the rim protection the Bulls as a team lack.

A young Taj Gibson would be nice...


Myles Turner instead? Good shot blocker and a fairly athletic. Price tag will likely be lower, although he’s been pretty good this season.
2021-22 Bulls Prediction:

Regular Season: 49 - 33
2 All Stars: LaVine, Vucevic
logical_art
RealGM
Posts: 10,846
And1: 3,484
Joined: May 14, 2001

Re: NBA Trade Thread # 4 

Post#1308 » by logical_art » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:32 pm

HoopsterJones wrote:
logical_art wrote:
HoopsterJones wrote:What would you guys think about trying to swing for the fences for Sabonis?

P Will, Coby, Brown, POR 1st, and CHI 1st (top 20 protection)?


Nah. They already have a lumbering big in Vuc. They need a more athletic modern day 4 IMO. P Williams is actually a good fit on paper, except he lacks the rim protection the Bulls as a team lack.

A young Taj Gibson would be nice...


Myles Turner instead? Good shot blocker and a fairly athletic. Price tag will likely be lower, although he’s been pretty good this season.


Turner is more of a 5. I'd like someone who can cover on the perimeter vs smallball 4s and on the interior vs traditional 4s, or even some 5s. Asking a lot, but to me that's the best fit for the team.
sco
RealGM
Posts: 18,801
And1: 5,669
Joined: Sep 22, 2003
Location: Virtually Everywhere!

Re: NBA Trade Thread # 4 

Post#1309 » by sco » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:20 pm

HoopsterJones wrote:Still would like to kick the tires on a trade for Bagley for the right price. He has the talent, but does he have the work ethic to reach his potential? Can he be taken under the wing of the vets we have on this team and buy in?

I think a bad, young team looking for an undiscovered gem like DET or HOU will be more likely to bite on a deal.
:clap:
sco
RealGM
Posts: 18,801
And1: 5,669
Joined: Sep 22, 2003
Location: Virtually Everywhere!

Re: NBA Trade Thread # 4 

Post#1310 » by sco » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:25 pm

logical_art wrote:
HoopsterJones wrote:
logical_art wrote:
Nah. They already have a lumbering big in Vuc. They need a more athletic modern day 4 IMO. P Williams is actually a good fit on paper, except he lacks the rim protection the Bulls as a team lack.

A young Taj Gibson would be nice...


Myles Turner instead? Good shot blocker and a fairly athletic. Price tag will likely be lower, although he’s been pretty good this season.


Turner is more of a 5. I'd like someone who can cover on the perimeter vs smallball 4s and on the interior vs traditional 4s, or even some 5s. Asking a lot, but to me that's the best fit for the team.

Yeah, we're not getting either guy. Certainly not without Vuc going out as part of the deal.

I'm liking ideas I saw floated that might not cost much like RoLo and McDouggy. It's just a matter of time until Orlando concedes the season. I wonder if SA might be tempted by a young Euro like Marko?
:clap:
pipfan
General Manager
Posts: 8,104
And1: 1,999
Joined: Aug 07, 2010

Re: NBA Trade Thread # 4 

Post#1311 » by pipfan » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:47 pm

Grant-go all in Pwill/Coby/Troy Brown for Grant and 2 seconds
Ball/Lavine/DDR/Grant/Vuc Main bench Caruso/Green/DJJ/Bradley deep bench Ayo/Johnson/random big FA or Simo
VolumePoster
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,809
And1: 1,893
Joined: Oct 02, 2009

Re: NBA Trade Thread # 4 

Post#1312 » by VolumePoster » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:08 pm

My realistic hope remains Nance Jr.
User avatar
Tetlak
Analyst
Posts: 3,719
And1: 1,663
Joined: Aug 16, 2010

Re: NBA Trade Thread # 4 

Post#1313 » by Tetlak » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:58 pm

VolumePoster wrote:My realistic hope remains Nance Jr.


Rather have Covington if they're gonna blow it up, but not sure what we can even send.
sco
RealGM
Posts: 18,801
And1: 5,669
Joined: Sep 22, 2003
Location: Virtually Everywhere!

Re: NBA Trade Thread # 4 

Post#1314 » by sco » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:07 pm

Tetlak wrote:
VolumePoster wrote:My realistic hope remains Nance Jr.


Rather have Covington if they're gonna blow it up, but not sure what we can even send.

If they are hovering around the playoffs, maybe their 1st back plus filler. Covington is an expiring, so he's not worth a ton to them.
:clap:
jordanwilliams6
Pro Prospect
Posts: 964
And1: 840
Joined: Nov 01, 2018
 

Re: NBA Trade Thread # 4 

Post#1315 » by jordanwilliams6 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:31 pm

sco wrote:
Tetlak wrote:
VolumePoster wrote:My realistic hope remains Nance Jr.


Rather have Covington if they're gonna blow it up, but not sure what we can even send.

If they are hovering around the playoffs, maybe their 1st back plus filler. Covington is an expiring, so he's not worth a ton to them.

Covington of a few years ago is the perfect fit but I believe he’s on the decline. He’s lost a lot of athleticism and he’s averaging 6.8 PPG & 4.7 RPG in nearly 30 minutes. He’s also never actually been that good of a shooter.
User avatar
Tetlak
Analyst
Posts: 3,719
And1: 1,663
Joined: Aug 16, 2010

Re: NBA Trade Thread # 4 

Post#1316 » by Tetlak » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:43 pm

Covington is shooting 39% from 3. Essentially any and all of his scoring comes from the arc, and we know he's still a very good team defender. He's also got good size. He'd still be a very valuable asset on a team like ours that likes to play small.
Bulls2021
Junior
Posts: 252
And1: 131
Joined: Nov 13, 2021

Re: NBA Trade Thread # 4 

Post#1317 » by Bulls2021 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:15 am

jordanwilliams6 wrote:
sco wrote:
Tetlak wrote:
Rather have Covington if they're gonna blow it up, but not sure what we can even send.

If they are hovering around the playoffs, maybe their 1st back plus filler. Covington is an expiring, so he's not worth a ton to them.

Covington of a few years ago is the perfect fit but I believe he’s on the decline. He’s lost a lot of athleticism and he’s averaging 6.8 PPG & 4.7 RPG in nearly 30 minutes. He’s also never actually been that good of a shooter.

Additionally, to make salaries work it looks like we'd have to include DDJ in the trade. I don't think it's worth getting rid of DDJ + Troy Brown for Covington at this point. DDJ might be better than him honestly.
User avatar
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 19,438
And1: 4,783
Joined: Jun 15, 2001

Re: NBA Trade Thread # 4 

Post#1318 » by Michael Jackson » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:15 am

aguifs wrote:
HoopsterJones wrote:
logical_art wrote:Bagley isn't it. The Bulls need defense at the 4.


Rebounding too. They need Rodman.



Damn he would be the perfect fit



You mean Alize? Lol
User avatar
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 19,438
And1: 4,783
Joined: Jun 15, 2001

Re: NBA Trade Thread # 4 

Post#1319 » by Michael Jackson » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:22 am

Tetlak wrote:Covington is shooting 39% from 3. Essentially any and all of his scoring comes from the arc, and we know he's still a very good team defender. He's also got good size. He'd still be a very valuable asset on a team like ours that likes to play small.



Realistically AK could have had any of Nance, Covington if DJJ. He went for DJJ and the pick, I have to guess he liked DJJ and has plans for the pick or we would have done something different. That being said he might have been banking on that pick and if it looks shakey….

Not sure who the FO is in conversations with, surely didn’t know any of their moves outside of Ball. They don’t seem lazy though so I will guess they have eyeballs on something. It was kinda an all in move with Vuc and went from there. Almost looks like they are playing for today, not tomorrow. They have to have some plan?
ghostinthepost1
Sophomore
Posts: 160
And1: 147
Joined: Jun 09, 2019
     

Re: NBA Trade Thread # 4 

Post#1320 » by ghostinthepost1 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:51 am

I keep wondering if Ben Simmons stock is low enough that Coby + Pat + Picks + Swaps in some crazy three way trade get's him on the Bulls. With the way this teams defends, runs in transition, and moves the ball he'd fit right in plus at 6'11 give us to near 7 footers in the starting line up. Would also give the Bulls three guys who can make a case for being on the all-defensive team.

Return to Chicago Bulls