Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread # 4

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Michael Jackson, Payt10, dougthonus, kulaz3000, Tommy Udo 6 , Ice Man, DASMACKDOWN, fleet, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper

Bulls2021
Junior
And1: 131

Re: NBA Trade Thread # 4 

Post#1321 » by Bulls2021 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:57 am

Michael Jackson wrote:
Tetlak wrote:Covington is shooting 39% from 3. Essentially any and all of his scoring comes from the arc, and we know he's still a very good team defender. He's also got good size. He'd still be a very valuable asset on a team like ours that likes to play small.

Realistically AK could have had any of Nance, Covington if DJJ. He went for DJJ and the pick, I have to guess he liked DJJ and has plans for the pick or we would have done something different. That being said he might have been banking on that pick and if it looks shakey….

Not sure who the FO is in conversations with, surely didn’t know any of their moves outside of Ball. They don’t seem lazy though so I will guess they have eyeballs on something. It was kinda an all in move with Vuc and went from there. Almost looks like they are playing for today, not tomorrow. They have to have some plan?

I think the pick conveys. It even looks like it could be a good non-lottery pick. Worst case it conveys in a later year. DDJ and the pick looks like the correct move in hindsight. DDJ has been as good as either of those guys. That 1st rounder is really important as a trade piece.
BullChit
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,769

Post#1322 » by BullChit » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:27 am

ghostinthepost1 wrote:I keep wondering if Ben Simmons stock is low enough that Coby + Pat + Picks + Swaps in some crazy three way trade get's him on the Bulls. With the way this teams defends, runs in transition, and moves the ball he'd fit right in plus at 6'11 give us to near 7 footers in the starting line up. Would also give the Bulls three guys who can make a case for being on the all-defensive team.
He'd be perfect at the 4 for us except:

He is a tad unstable at the moment and would likely hate not being a first option, let alone the 5th option.
He is proving to be tad bit of a locker room issue.

And despite all of this the 76ers likely still want a lot more than we could offer for him (or what he is worth at the moment for that matter)

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
Look, it's not in my nature to be mysterious. But I can't talk about it and I can't talk about why.
sco
RealGM
And1: 5,670

Post#1323 » by sco » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:38 pm

Bulls2021 wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:
Tetlak wrote:Covington is shooting 39% from 3. Essentially any and all of his scoring comes from the arc, and we know he's still a very good team defender. He's also got good size. He'd still be a very valuable asset on a team like ours that likes to play small.

Realistically AK could have had any of Nance, Covington if DJJ. He went for DJJ and the pick, I have to guess he liked DJJ and has plans for the pick or we would have done something different. That being said he might have been banking on that pick and if it looks shakey….

Not sure who the FO is in conversations with, surely didn’t know any of their moves outside of Ball. They don’t seem lazy though so I will guess they have eyeballs on something. It was kinda an all in move with Vuc and went from there. Almost looks like they are playing for today, not tomorrow. They have to have some plan?

I think the pick conveys. It even looks like it could be a good non-lottery pick. Worst case it conveys in a later year. DDJ and the pick looks like the correct move in hindsight. DDJ has been as good as either of those guys. That 1st rounder is really important as a trade piece.

Went back and checked, and the pick is 1-14 protected through 2028, so that's less of a ticking-time-bomb than I thought.

That said, $-wise, Brown, Johnson, Thomas + POR pick for Covington works. The key to me is if we would keep Covington, and how much it would cost. There's no doubt that he'd be a great pickup for this season. He's 30 years old, so likely has gas in the tank, but may be affordable. At the right price, he'd be a perfect hedge for Pat's unknown development curve.
:clap:
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 4,783

Post#1324 » by Michael Jackson » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:43 pm

Bulls2021 wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:

Have to hope it conveys this year though honestly, because if it doesn’t they might trade Dame and blow it up. Regardless we needed a pick to trade as is, we are asset poor and may lose one still from Ball.
Little Nathan
General Manager
And1: 5,381

Post#1325 » by Little Nathan » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:45 pm

Me every time when someone mentions Ben Simmons:

StephenAA
Senior
And1: 176

Post#1326 » by StephenAA » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:13 pm

Is there any realistic way for the Bulls to trade for Jokic?

Jokic makes 30m this year and 32m next year. He is 26 years old. We could easily match salaries and make a solid offer this trade deadline or next summer (obviously Vuc would be part of the package).

However, I believe he is eligible for the supermax from the Nuggets next summer (something the Bulls can't offer). Do you think the Nuggets will actually offer that? Because I highly doubt Jokic is gonna walk away from that if they do.

Hence, I just want to get a realistic sense from others if Jokic is at all a possibility?? If he's not - then he's dead to me, and I'll move on...

Sorry if this has been discussed already...

AA
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 7,545

Post#1327 » by MrSparkle » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:18 pm

Here's my Triple-Pee trade: (Portland-Philly-Phoenix)

Ayton, Saric, Payne, Green, 2 Suns FRP (top-4 protected) + Sixers FRP (unprotected) to POR
Simmons, Milton to PHX
Lillard, Snell, McLemore to PHI

Note: No Bulls involved

All teams just might end up happy.
Little Nathan
General Manager
And1: 5,381

Post#1328 » by Little Nathan » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:30 pm

StephenAA wrote:*
Is the any realistic way for the Bulls to trade for Jokic?

Jokic makes 30m this year and 32m next year. He is 26 years old. We could easily match salaries and make a solid offer this trade deadline or next summer (obviously Vuc would be part of the package).

However, I believe he is eligible for the supermax from the Nuggets next summer (something the Bulls can't offer). Do you think the Nuggets will actually offer that? Because I highly doubt Jokic is gonna walk away from that if they do.

Hence, I just want to get a realistic sense from others if Jokic is at all a possibility?? If he's not - then he's dead to me, and I'll move on...

AA

I don't mean to be rude, but I honestly can't if this is a serious post or not.

No, there is no realistic way to get Jokic. For anyone.
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 6,262

Post#1329 » by madvillian » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:04 pm

Any talk of targeting Zion? Talk about swinging for the fences.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 5,073

Post#1330 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:21 pm

AA

There would have to be some fallout between the two sides, and Jokic would have to make it very clear he will never re-sign with the team.

We could throw them Lavine, Pat, Ball, and 3 picks and 3 pick swaps and they’d say no.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
logical_art
RealGM
And1: 3,484

Post#1331 » by logical_art » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:39 pm

What is the deal with Clarke? Could he be had for Simonovic + a second round pick or something similar?
kodo
RealGM
And1: 10,463

Post#1332 » by kodo » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:02 pm

logical_art wrote:What is the deal with Clarke? Could he be had for Simonovic + a second round pick or something similar?

In terms of value no. It would have to be Clark & his agent requesting he be moved to another team that will play him instead MEM only playing him in garbage time.

TBH, any player the Bulls get at this point will have to be this scenario. Our only asset is Troy Brown Jr and 2nd rounders, which is worth close to zero. That's why I think Clarke or Boucher are probably more likely than some of these other names that are playing well atm.
StephenAA
Senior

Post#1333 » by StephenAA » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:08 am

Little Nathan wrote:

AA

I should have prefaced my post with - "If Jokic is unhappy in Denver..."

AD to LA 2 years ago...
Ben Simmons today...
Top stars today have more power than ever...
If the player is unhappy, and if Denver can't make a deep playoff run, and with his ties to AK, well there's always hope...

AA
Bulls2021
Junior
And1: 131

Post#1334 » by Bulls2021 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:31 am

StephenAA wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:

AA

AD to LA 2 years ago...
Ben Simmons today...
If the player is unhappy, and if Denver can't make a deep playoff run, and with his ties to AK, well there's always hope...

AA

Who are you trading for Jokic? The Lakers traded a ton of high upside talent for AD (Ingram, Ball, 1st round picks). Denver isn't going to gift Jokic to the Bulls because AK is the GM. The Bulls just aren't a good fit for a trade, unless you plan on including Zach.
Lunartic
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,799

Post#1335 » by Lunartic » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:17 pm

Anyway to get Theis back? Or do they need to wait a year?

Cousins should be considered, he's bad but he's huge and could at least eat up some space defensively and grab boards.
"a superteam is much more about how it gets put together than who's actually on the team"
-Clyde21

:o
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 4,783

Post#1336 » by Michael Jackson » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:56 pm

Bulls2021 wrote:
StephenAA wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:

AD to LA 2 years ago...
Ben Simmons today...

AA

Who are you trading for Jokic? The Lakers traded a ton of high upside talent for AD (Ingram, Ball, 1st round picks). Denver isn't going to gift Jokic to the Bulls because AK is the GM. The Bulls just aren't a good fit for a trade, unless you plan on including Zach.

You would have to do something like Vuc, Pat, Portland Pick and every Bulls FRP until 2052
sco
RealGM
And1: 5,670

Post#1337 » by sco » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:10 pm

madvillian wrote:Any talk of targeting Zion? Talk about swinging for the fences.

I don't know if we can/should, but NO absolutely look to deal him after the season. IMO, Zion is gonna leave on his own, but more than likely, never be a true #1. More importantly, his game combined with his weight, will either shorten his career or have him averaging less than 70% of games played per season.

The obvious deal would be to Philly for Simmons. NY could put a decent package together as well.
:clap:
StephenAA
Senior

Post#1338 » by StephenAA » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:48 pm

Bulls2021 wrote:
StephenAA wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:

AD to LA 2 years ago...
Ben Simmons today...

AA

Ball was considered almost a bust 2 years ago. No one saw his improvement in 3-pt shooting coming - no one...
Ingram had high upside potential - potential! He has all the talent in the world, yet can't seem to put it together...
Hart just had potential...

The Pelicans’ total haul of draft picks includes: this year’s No. 4 overall selection, a top-eight protected pick in 2021 (which becomes unprotected in 2022 if it does not convey), the right to swap first-round picks with the Lakers in 2023, and an unprotected 2024 first-round pick that New Orleans can defer to 2025.

So basically 3 picks with a swap...

"unless you plan on including Zach" - Don't tempt me... :)

AA
StephenAA
Senior

Post#1339 » by StephenAA » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:51 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:
Bulls2021 wrote:
StephenAA wrote:

AD to LA 2 years ago...
Ben Simmons today...

AA

You would have to do something like Vuc, Pat, Portland Pick and every Bulls FRP until 2052

Vuc, Pat, Coby, Portland pick, and 2 Bulls FRP with maybe a swap thrown in...

But in the end, you guys have answered my original question - got it...

AA
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 7,545

Post#1340 » by MrSparkle » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:22 pm

Given the relatively similar build AK's old and new teams, with its injuries Denver could benefit from gambling on Coby and Troy. They play position-less combo guards, and they could try to develop Coby to be Jamal's sub.

I actually would expect nothing from these Nuggets basketball wise, it's really all about the FRP:

Coby, Troy for Campazzo, Bol, Rivers, DEN 21 1st (top-15 protected).

Probably want to wait until Jan/Feb to evaluate this kind of trade, but let's suppose Coby still plateaus/regresses from last year and DEN looks playoff bound, this would be a pretty good way of adding a pick, actually trimming Coby's #7 FRP salary and Troy's QO/RFA, and then getting some more low-min. vets (offensive guards at that).

If Coby becomes a low-minute microwave oven in a month or two, I probably take back the trade idea.

Return to Chicago Bulls