Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread # 4

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,630

Re: NBA Trade Thread # 4 

Post#881 » by Dez » Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:48 am

d boy gentleman wrote:
Read on Twitter

Beverley getting traded is hilarious.
d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,310

Post#882 » by d boy gentleman » Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:33 am

Dez wrote:
d boy gentleman wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yeah, this is simply a cap move. Saves the Clippers about 30 million in luxury tax
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
Dez
Head Coach

Post#883 » by Dez » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:21 am

d boy gentleman wrote:
Dez wrote:
d boy gentleman wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yeah, this is simply a cap move. Saves the Clippers about 30 million in luxury tax

And they get rid of a dud in Beverley.
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#884 » by MrFortune3 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:27 am

d boy gentleman wrote:
Dez wrote:
d boy gentleman wrote:
Read on Twitter

Not sure it's just for the cap though. The Clippers have been trying to change their culture and while Beverly is a warrior, he's also a knucklehead.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,639

Post#885 » by sco » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:13 pm

I read that Minny is in conversation with PHI on Simmons, but Minny is short on assets that will help PHI win now. PHI is less excited about picks, and Minny is looking for a 3rd team to jump in. I can only hope AK is waiving Lauri and White around like [insert funny analogy here].
:clap:
d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,310

Post#886 » by d boy gentleman » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:16 pm

Read on Twitter
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
Grodoboldo
Analyst
And1: 2,819

Post#887 » by Grodoboldo » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:46 pm

d boy gentleman wrote:
Read on Twitter

Love this move by Memphis. Maybe Culver doesn't pan out, but it cost them nothing to get him.
Constantly underwhelmed by the Bulls.
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,384

Post#888 » by Hangtime84 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:12 pm

sco wrote:I read that Minny is in conversation with PHI on Simmons, but Minny is short on assets that will help PHI win now. PHI is less excited about picks, and Minny is looking for a 3rd team to jump in. I can only hope AK is waiving Lauri and White around like [insert funny analogy here].

Lauri on the Sixers would be a pretty nice piece for what they are doing.

Not sure on how coby white fits into this.

But i'd glady take a Minnesota first or swap
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,207

Post#889 » by Michael Jackson » Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:26 pm

Hangtime84 wrote:
sco wrote:I read that Minny is in conversation with PHI on Simmons, but Minny is short on assets that will help PHI win now. PHI is less excited about picks, and Minny is looking for a 3rd team to jump in. I can only hope AK is waiving Lauri and White around like [insert funny analogy here].

Lauri on the Sixers would be a pretty nice piece for what they are doing.

Not sure on how coby white fits into this.

But i'd glady take a Minnesota first or swap

If you can get a Minnesota FRP I think that is the best you are going to get for Lauri. It seems like Philly wants more than Lauri though for sure, if they turned down the GSW offer which was much heavier in assets IIRC.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,171

Post#890 » by HomoSapien » Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:57 pm

The longer this Ben Simmons situation drags on, the more I think they'd be open to a Williams, Coby, Lauri (S&T) trade. I know a lot of people don't want to trade Williams, but Simmons would really help us defensively and could be part of a quick retool with Zach when Vuc and DeRozan age out.

Only issue is that he's a little redundant with Ball.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
BrooklynBulls
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,652

Post#891 » by BrooklynBulls » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:05 pm

HomoSapien wrote:The longer this Ben Simmons situation drags on, the more I think they'd be open to a Williams, Coby, Lauri (S&T) trade. I know a lot of people don't want to trade Williams, but Simmons would really help us defensively and could be part of a quick retool with Zach when Vuc and DeRozan age out.

I think Simmons value is much, much higher than that. We’ll see.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,171

Post#892 » by HomoSapien » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:16 pm

BrooklynBulls wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:The longer this Ben Simmons situation drags on, the more I think they'd be open to a Williams, Coby, Lauri (S&T) trade. I know a lot of people don't want to trade Williams, but Simmons would really help us defensively and could be part of a quick retool with Zach when Vuc and DeRozan age out.

I think Simmons value is much, much higher than that. We’ll see.

It certainly should be, but they haven't been able to find a trade (partially because the asking price is too high) and I think the situation is only going to become worse for Philly heading into training camp.

Here are the reported offers:

Brogdan and a 1st (rejected by 76ers)
Spurs trade 4 1st round picks, 3 pick swaps, and a young player (rejected by Spurs)
Wiseman, Wiggins, 7th pick, 14th pick, + two future first-round picks (rejected by Warriors)
Lowry (S&T), Van Vleet, OG, and the 4th pick (rejected by Raptors)

Philly's clearly asking for the moon, but if anyone was willing to give them that a trade would have happened already. Off the top of my head, I can't really think of a trade that makes sense for Philly unless Lillard asks out. Everything else seems underwhelming, including my proposal which doesn't help their desires to win now.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,234

Post#893 » by kodo » Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:37 am

I think Morey is waiting for Lillard, Beal. He’ll sit Simmons if need be.
He waited an entire season for Harden and just kept his eyes and ears open.
leo921
Senior
And1: 216

Post#894 » by leo921 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:01 pm

Lauri for Gallo. Gallo makes something like 18m per for 2 yrs. Sign and trade him for Gallo. Hawks get the younger version to backup the 4/5 and see if he works better with a playmaker like Young.

Bulls get a steady rock solid vet that can play the 3/4/5 depending on the matchup. When we go small ball can do something like Ball/Caurso/Lavine/Williams/Gallo - solid defense, can all hit the 3 and all pass as well. Something to think about as a win - win move for both teams
sco
RealGM

Post#895 » by sco » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:53 pm

leo921 wrote:Lauri for Gallo. Gallo makes something like 18m per for 2 yrs. Sign and trade him for Gallo. Hawks get the younger version to backup the 4/5 and see if he works better with a playmaker like Young.

Bulls get a steady rock solid vet that can play the 3/4/5 depending on the matchup. When we go small ball can do something like Ball/Caurso/Lavine/Williams/Gallo - solid defense, can all hit the 3 and all pass as well. Something to think about as a win - win move for both teams

1) I don't think we can afford to take on that much salary in return given the tax situation, but I may be wrong.
2) NFW does ATL trade Gallo, who was a big piece of their success last season for a middling, albeit young, Lauri.
3) The country of Finland wouldn't allow Lauri to go somewhere where he's not a starter.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,913

Post#896 » by ChettheJet » Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:27 pm

1) OK it might not fit
2) they just signed Collins long term, he's their 4 and small ball 5, they're supposedly looking to extend Huerter, with Hunter, Reddish, Johnson at the 3 and Okongwu to back up Collins. I'd say they would be looking to move on from Gallanari's contract larger contract and have Lauri come off the bench, Lauri/Collins/Hunter is their small ball front line
3) that treaty is void
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,774

Post#897 » by WindyCityBorn » Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:12 am

leo921 wrote:Lauri for Gallo. Gallo makes something like 18m per for 2 yrs. Sign and trade him for Gallo. Hawks get the younger version to backup the 4/5 and see if he works better with a playmaker like Young.

Bulls are not going into the luxury tax for Gallo. I don’t think Hawks would do that trade either. Both Gallo the PF that got the big contract tho Summer are better than Lauri by a LOT.
SaNdMiRkS
Sophomore
And1: 109

Post#898 » by SaNdMiRkS » Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:27 am

Gallo is a better player than Markkanen will *ever* be, and he's Atlanta's glue guy. That franchise is poised to dominate the East for the next decade, Schlenk is not going to mess with that chemistry
Dez
Head Coach

Post#899 » by Dez » Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:04 am

SaNdMiRkS wrote:Gallo is a better player than Markkanen will *ever* be, and he's Atlanta's glue guy. That franchise is poised to dominate the East for the next decade, Schlenk is not going to mess with that chemistry

Yeah they really aren't poised to dominate, let alone dominate for a decade.
sco
RealGM

Post#900 » by sco » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:29 am

Return to Chicago Bulls