Image ImageImage Image

Who do you want as our starting PF next season?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Markkanen
14%
Young
6%
Theis
37%
Williams
29%
Other
14%

Total votes: 70

sco
RealGM
And1: 7,641

Post#1 » by sco » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:59 pm

There are several scenarios floating around which impact our option at starting PF next season.

Lauri - he's a RFA. We can match. If we want to free cap space to nab a PG, we'd need to renounce his rights. If we operate over the cap, we can match - no problem. He is who he is/was...you know what I mean.

Thad - he's under contract. Again, if we want to free cap space we can waive/stretch or try to trade him. If we operate over the cap, we just keep him and he expires in a year. He is a great leader, but was more effective off the bench.

Theis - he's a FA, but we have bird rights. If we want to free cap space, we probably won't resign him, but if we let all our other FA's go, we might be able to cut a deal. He was our best option next to Vuc.

Williams - he's under contract. Many think he is better suited at PF, despite mostly playing SF. If we start him at PF (and let the others go), we'd need a new SF (unless we start TBJ - which has some appeal, but is risky) in addition to a new PG...so the $ would be tough.
:clap:
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,545

Re: Who do you want as our starting PF next season? 

Post#2 » by PaKii94 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:06 pm

I think theis is getting overrated because he brought some toughness to a team that was severely lacking it. He would be a really solid third big but I don't want to lock him into starting PF.

Thad is washed. Hate the fit next to vuc more than the fit with Lauri.

I'm still in the Lauri was under/incorrectly utilized boat but that's not going to be fixed running it back and starting next to vuc

PWill I don't mind at PF. For me it's more the wing that we get to put next to him. It should be a similar size player so that PWill/wing can be interchangeable. Ideally I would want PWill to develop his SF skills first (SF usually transition to PF once they mature)

That being said I voted for Lauri :lol:
sco
RealGM

Post#3 » by sco » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:14 pm

PaKii94 wrote:I think theis is getting overrated because he brought some toughness to a team that was severely lacking it. He would be a really solid third big but I don't want to lock him into starting PF.

Thad is washed. Hate the fit next to vuc more than the fit with Lauri.

I'm still in the Lauri was under/incorrectly utilized boat but that's not going to be fixed running it back and starting next to vuc

PWill I don't mind at PF. For me it's more the wing that we get to put next to him. It should be a similar size player so that PWill/wing can be interchangeable. Ideally I would want PWill to develop his SF skills first (SF usually transition to PF once they mature)

That being said I voted for Lauri :lol:

I'm in the Theis camp, but it depends on the opportunity cost. I really hate the idea of Sato, or worse White, as our starting PG next season, but there are guys we can trade for and still resign Theis (and/or Lauri).

I don't think Thad is washed, but agree he's not the right guy next to Vuc.

I don't want Lauri back, but there's a price that could make sense to give him another shot or trade him later. I give him credit for improved defense (at/near average) last year, and like him at SF, if we put pat at PF.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,243

Post#4 » by kodo » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:47 pm

Bulls win on defense, not offense. Need multiple plus defenders out there, and Theis is one of the few.
Upgrading the 4 with a better defender would be great, but since another big seems to be the lowest thing on the FO radar I assume our bigs are set, and Theis is the best defender.

We're not going to win any games with 2 defensive liabilities at the 4 & 5, when we mainly win on defense.

In the low chance we keep Lauri, it felt like at the end of the season he was being shoved into the SF position, and not even really utilized as a PF.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,216

Post#5 » by coldfish » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:57 pm

IMO PF is the team's biggest issue or maybe SF. I'm alone in thinking that Coby / Sato isn't great but its not a huge hole.

It would be interesting to get Derozan and run out:
Coby / Sato
Lavine
Derozan / PW
Theis / Thad
Vuc

Not going to win an NBA title but it allows a lot of lineup flexibility. With Derozan acting as a point wing and Thad coming back as that point center, you would have a lot of ball handlers. You would have the following front courts:
Theis / Vuc, Theis / Thad, PW / Vuc, PW / Thad
That work together and against different lineups.

Double sign and trade Lauri for Derozan (plus fillers to make it work).
sco
RealGM

Post#6 » by sco » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:12 pm

coldfish wrote:IMO PF is the team's biggest issue or maybe SF. I'm alone in thinking that Coby / Sato isn't great but its not a huge hole.

Coby / Sato
Lavine
Derozan / PW
Theis / Thad
Vuc

Not going to win an NBA title but it allows a lot of lineup flexibility. With Derozan acting as a point wing and Thad coming back as that point center, you would have a lot of ball handlers. You would have the following front courts:

If we have Derozan playing "point wing"...I would need someone (really anyone) else at PG. Let's just start TBJ or go get Nwaba or Harrison.
bulls_troy
General Manager
And1: 270

Post#7 » by bulls_troy » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:03 pm

Pat Williams. Though I see him as a SF, in today's game he's obviously a PF. So hopefully we can land a starting caliber 3 and D playmaker, slide Pat to the 4, and hopefully retain Thies use him as the main back PF/C
Twitter: @bulls_troy
d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,310

Post#8 » by d boy gentleman » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:41 pm

Zion Williamson. Let the mod blood sacrifice begin!!
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,984

Post#9 » by Chi town » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:15 am

I'd like to see PW and or Bullock. Lonzo at PG.

We need a defender rebounder 3pt shooter that doesn't need the ball and mainly spaces the floor.
SHO'NUFF
Head Coach
And1: 2,155

Post#10 » by SHO'NUFF » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:26 am

None of the above / other.

Anyone better than those options. FA, Trade, etc. Plus, there's a good chance all of them will be traded/moved minus PWill.
#BullsFansLivesMatter Image
holv03
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,803

Post#11 » by holv03 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:12 am

I would like Richaun Holmes as our starting pf.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,174

Post#12 » by HomoSapien » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:37 am

If we're looking to win, it's Theis. The guy brings everything this team is lacking. Without him we don't have a shot blocker on the roster. He also seemed to have a great on-court connection with LaVine.

I believe the Bulls are interested in keeping him, otherwise, I don't really understand the purpose of trading for him and then starting him over Lauri and Thad.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,174

Post#13 » by HomoSapien » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:39 am

coldfish wrote:IMO PF is the team's biggest issue or maybe SF. I'm alone in thinking that Coby / Sato isn't great but its not a huge hole.

Coby / Sato
Lavine
Derozan / PW
Theis / Thad
Vuc

At the end of the season, the game slowed down for Coby and he really wasn't a liability. Sato is steady if nothing else. I agree that the three spot was our weakest position. Before the Vuc trade I was particularly interested in Derozan as a under the radar addition. I'm not a 100% sure I love the fit with Vuc, but he can score and his playmaking abilities lessen the need for a point guard.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,065

Post#14 » by MrSparkle » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:37 am

HomoSapien wrote:If we're looking to win, it's Theis. The guy brings everything this team is lacking. Without him we don't have a shot blocker on the roster. He also seemed to have a great on-court connection with LaVine.

I believe the Bulls are interested in keeping him, otherwise, I don't really understand the purpose of trading for him and then starting him over Lauri and Thad.

The offense took a dip, but I agree - hard to think of a better available option. Just need some more creativity and shooting from the incoming PG.
Rose2Boozer
Starter
And1: 646

Post#15 » by Rose2Boozer » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:07 am

Torrey Craig.
ROLES & HOLES
TeamMan
Lead Assistant
And1: 554

Post#16 » by TeamMan » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:54 am

If AK doesn't re-sign Theis, it will be a big setback for bringing the Bulls back.

Period.
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,149

Post#17 » by League Circles » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:32 am

Assuming we can ink a FA (guard or maybe SF), and then agree to terms with Theis afterwards, he's probably our best option cause his 9.5 mil cap hold is way less than Thad or Lauri.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
Grodoboldo
Analyst
And1: 2,819

Post#18 » by Grodoboldo » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:30 pm

Voted for P-Will.
I think Theis and Thad lose much of their appeal playing at the 4 instead of at the 5. Seeing we already have Vuc, I'd rather try to trade/S&T them for something else this offseason.
Constantly underwhelmed by the Bulls.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,538

Post#19 » by Andi Obst » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:37 pm

Grodoboldo wrote:Voted for P-Will.
I think Theis and Thad lose much of their appeal playing at the 4 instead of at the 5. Seeing we already have Vuc, I'd rather try to trade/S&T them for something else this offseason.

Completely agree with this. I like Theis a lot, but not as the full-time starter at the 4. Our big situation is really weird.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,370

Post#20 » by drosestruts » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:57 pm

Can we get that Al-Farouq Aminu that dropped 17, 10 and 6 days before getting traded to the Bulls? Bounce back season - you heard it here first!

Return to Chicago Bulls