Image ImageImage Image

Official: Bulls get DeRozan! 3yrs/$81,900,000 PG. 17 update

Moderators: HomoSapien, RedBulls23, Michael Jackson, GimmeDat, Payt10, dougthonus, kulaz3000, Tommy Udo 6 , coldfish, Ice Man, DASMACKDOWN, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper

Betta Bulleavit
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,875
And1: 1,710
Joined: Oct 29, 2004
       

Re: Official: Bulls get DeRozan! 3yrs/$81,900,000 PG. 17 update 

Post#1241 » by Betta Bulleavit » Tue Sep 7, 2021 10:58 pm

DWhiteMamba wrote:Tell me how you feel in a year.

Here’s the thing. I honestly don’t doubt that you’ve seen what you’ve seen. And it doesn’t surprise me that the flaws that Derozan clearly has may have been detrimental to the Spurs. I think the error on your behalf is the assumption that his impact here will be the exact same just based purely on what you saw from him on the Spurs. The Bulls have a very different make up and what he brings, we lacked.

I’m sure there are going to be frustrating times, but I think that we are all perfectly aware that Derozan comes with his warts. And for me personally, I think I’m just a bit tired of hearing things that I already know. That’s no knock on you specifically. But between the general board and all the so-called experts, it’s just tiresome. Especially when you consider that we aren’t trotting around doing victory laps as if we’re a contender all of a sudden. Can we not just be excited about OUR team without everyone pissing in our Cheerios as if it’s a chore?
DWhiteMamba
Junior
Posts: 482
And1: 88
Joined: Aug 21, 2021

Re: Official: Bulls get DeRozan! 3yrs/$81,900,000 PG. 17 update 

Post#1242 » by DWhiteMamba » Tue Sep 7, 2021 11:25 pm

If you play him off the bench I think you'll love what he brings.
Dez
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,710
And1: 6,466
Joined: Jul 23, 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
 

Re: Official: Bulls get DeRozan! 3yrs/$81,900,000 PG. 17 update 

Post#1243 » by Dez » Tue Sep 7, 2021 11:47 pm

DWhiteMamba wrote:If you play him off the bench I think you'll love what he brings.


What he brings as a starter will be enough.
Betta Bulleavit
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,875
And1: 1,710
Joined: Oct 29, 2004
       

Re: Official: Bulls get DeRozan! 3yrs/$81,900,000 PG. 17 update 

Post#1244 » by Betta Bulleavit » Wed Sep 8, 2021 12:02 am

DWhiteMamba wrote:If you play him off the bench I think you'll love what he brings.

My guess is that he’s going to end up playing a substantial amount of his minutes with the second unit whether he starts or not. And that just has to do more with the current make up of the roster.
DWhiteMamba
Junior
Posts: 482
And1: 88
Joined: Aug 21, 2021

Re: Official: Bulls get DeRozan! 3yrs/$81,900,000 PG. 17 update 

Post#1245 » by DWhiteMamba » Wed Sep 8, 2021 12:22 am

It's more not playing him with the starters than playing him with the bench. He will choke the life out of some of your starters.
Evil_Headband
Starter
Posts: 2,122
And1: 759
Joined: Feb 25, 2008
   

Re: Official: Bulls get DeRozan! 3yrs/$81,900,000 PG. 17 update 

Post#1246 » by Evil_Headband » Wed Sep 8, 2021 12:26 am

DWhiteMamba wrote:It's more not playing him with the starters than playing him with the bench. He will choke the life out of some of your starters.


Like which starters? DWhite maybe?
DWhiteMamba
Junior
Posts: 482
And1: 88
Joined: Aug 21, 2021

Re: Official: Bulls get DeRozan! 3yrs/$81,900,000 PG. 17 update 

Post#1247 » by DWhiteMamba » Wed Sep 8, 2021 12:32 am

I think he hurt Dejounte more than White. White was vital to minimising the damage DeRozan caused.
Betta Bulleavit
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,875
And1: 1,710
Joined: Oct 29, 2004
       

Re: Official: Bulls get DeRozan! 3yrs/$81,900,000 PG. 17 update 

Post#1248 » by Betta Bulleavit » Wed Sep 8, 2021 12:52 am

DWhiteMamba wrote:I think he hurt Dejounte more than White. White was vital to minimising the damage DeRozan caused.

Lol!!!

You make this dude out like he’s the worst possible starter in the NBA. DeMar’s not choking the life out of anyone. And if you honestly feel that way, why waste so much time stomping on a guy that’s not on your team anymore??
Red8911
RealGM
Posts: 11,372
And1: 2,923
Joined: Jul 13, 2010
Location: BROOKLYN

Re: Official: Bulls get DeRozan! 3yrs/$81,900,000 PG. 17 update 

Post#1249 » by Red8911 » Wed Sep 8, 2021 1:01 am

DWhiteMamba wrote:Tell me how you feel in a year.

You tell us how you feel in a year without a player like Derozen. He kept the Spurs somewhat competitive for the last couple of years, now good luck without him.
DWhiteMamba
Junior
Posts: 482
And1: 88
Joined: Aug 21, 2021

Re: Official: Bulls get DeRozan! 3yrs/$81,900,000 PG. 17 update 

Post#1250 » by DWhiteMamba » Wed Sep 8, 2021 1:10 am

Red8911 wrote:
DWhiteMamba wrote:Tell me how you feel in a year.

You tell us how you feel in a year without a player like Derozen. He kept the Spurs somewhat competitive for the last couple of years, now good luck without him.

We were 6-5 without him last year, and he has a negative plus minus as usual. That seemed to confirm the eye test which told fans he needed to be 6th man, because he was hurting us alot. He helps too, but he should not be a starter anymore. The only reason we didn't bench him was because he would have pouted I feel. I'm very happy with Thad and that pick. :D
NecessaryEvil
Head Coach
Posts: 7,418
And1: 5,262
Joined: Jun 12, 2014
 

Re: Official: Bulls get DeRozan! 3yrs/$81,900,000 PG. 17 update 

Post#1251 » by NecessaryEvil » Wed Sep 8, 2021 1:11 am

DWhiteMamba wrote:
Red8911 wrote:
DWhiteMamba wrote:Tell me how you feel in a year.

You tell us how you feel in a year without a player like Derozen. He kept the Spurs somewhat competitive for the last couple of years, now good luck without him.

We were 6-5 without him last year, and he has a negative plus minus as usual. That seemed to confirm the eye test which told fans he needed to be 6th man, because he was hurting us alot. He helps too, but he should not be a starter anymore. The only reason we didn't bench him was because he would have pouted I feel. I'm very happy with Thad and that pick. :D



uh oh
User avatar
Axl Rose
Head Coach
Posts: 6,097
And1: 3,396
Joined: Jul 03, 2013
Location: Superunknown

Re: Official: Bulls get DeRozan! 3yrs/$81,900,000 PG. 17 update 

Post#1252 » by Axl Rose » Wed Sep 8, 2021 1:14 am

DWhiteMamba wrote:Tell me how you feel in a year.


Lowkey i was never high on DeRozan and thought he would be a terrible fit. Once it happened i kinda worked myself into liking it and hoping his improvement as a playmaker would be the difference. You're probably right though.
I don't do the dishes, I throw them in the crib
User avatar
SHO'NUFF
Head Coach
Posts: 6,776
And1: 1,731
Joined: Jun 20, 2004
Location: ★ ★ ★ ★
Contact:
 

Re: Official: Bulls get DeRozan! 3yrs/$81,900,000 PG. 17 update 

Post#1253 » by SHO'NUFF » Wed Sep 8, 2021 1:16 am

DWhiteMamba is a troll who keeps repeating himself.

He’s the type of person no matter what you say he’ll never accept your reasoning. His mind is made up no matter what anyone says. I hope he’s not like this in real life.

Stop feeding this troll.
#BullsFansLivesMatter Image
Betta Bulleavit
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,875
And1: 1,710
Joined: Oct 29, 2004
       

Re: Official: Bulls get DeRozan! 3yrs/$81,900,000 PG. 17 update 

Post#1254 » by Betta Bulleavit » Wed Sep 8, 2021 1:29 am

Axl Rose wrote:
DWhiteMamba wrote:Tell me how you feel in a year.


Lowkey i was never high on DeRozan and thought he would be a terrible fit. Once it happened i kinda worked myself into liking it and hoping his improvement as a playmaker would be the difference. You're probably right though.

If Derozan was a 3pt shooter, I promise you that nobody would be talking about fit. Everyone is in love with the 3-ball. And I get it. It’s a great tool to have in today’s NBA. But I think people have really started to trick themselves into believing that it’s 3 or bust in order for a player to be productive.

But hear this and understand it. The only thing worse than not being a 3 point shooter is not being a three point shooter and acting as if you are. DeMar seems to know his limitations and has done well to conform his game to cater to the things that he is effective at. And him not being a 3 pt shooter isn’t going to suddenly make the ones that we do have worse, as this DWhiteamamba guy keeps trying to shove down our throats.
samwana
General Manager
Posts: 9,210
And1: 2,090
Joined: Jul 24, 2002
Location: Munich (Germany)
 

Re: Official: Bulls get DeRozan! 3yrs/$81,900,000 PG. 17 update 

Post#1255 » by samwana » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:52 am

Return to Chicago Bulls