Image ImageImage Image

Lauri appreciation thread - Bye GarPax era

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

GoBlue72391
General Manager
And1: 5,695

Re: Lauri appreciation thread - Bye GarPax era 

Post#421 » by GoBlue72391 » Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:29 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
Louri wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
Keep cherry picking numbers. They will still be mediocre in the end because he is a steak shooter. Oh and Bulls are significantly better than the Cavs and Lonzo is significantly better than Lauri.

His not steak shooter. I mean his favorite food was steak in Arizona but after that he turned into chicken/fish shooter.

Cool. LaVine>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lauri. That must really hurt your soul! Also Ball>>>>>>>>>>Lauri. Oof!!!

This kind of dickheaded response to a comment that was obviously a joke? Holy crap, get it together dude...
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,658

Post#422 » by sco » Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:29 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
Louri wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
Keep cherry picking numbers. They will still be mediocre in the end because he is a steak shooter. Oh and Bulls are significantly better than the Cavs and Lonzo is significantly better than Lauri.

His not steak shooter. I mean his favorite food was steak in Arizona but after that he turned into chicken/fish shooter.

Cool. LaVine>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lauri. That must really hurt your soul! Also Ball>>>>>>>>>>Lauri. Oof!!!

I'll say this, and I'm 100% a Lavine and Bulls fan...I'd rather have the Cavs core of Mobley, Garland and Fro than our core. Mobley has a Giannis/AD/KG vibe. Lauri, IMO is a 4th quartile starting PF, but Mobley's ascendance has made him a less than ideal fit with their core, and that's why I think they should try to package him and Sexton (another bad fit) to upgrade their wing situation.
:clap:
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Post#423 » by WindyCityBorn » Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:33 pm

GoBlue72391 wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
Rowland Garrett wrote:Because we don't care about LM and the Cavs and are disgusted with all the trolling.

Lonzo Ball plays All-NBA level defense most nights. That doesn’t show up in stat sheets. Ball is so much better than Markkanen it isn’t even debatable.

I never said he doesn't? And on the other hand, Lonzo literally cannot do anything on offense besides shoot threes. You can argue that Lonzo is better and I won't contest it, but they're in the same tier as players as #4 guys.

Again, the level of toxicity here is confusing. No one even mentioned Lonzo except you? No one said Lauri is better than Lonzo, you just brought him up out of the blue. Just strangely defensive for no real reason. If you don't like Lauri and don't like to see people saying mildly positive things about him, then the simple solution is to just avoid this thread.

Lonzo is a great passer, great defender and great 3 point shooter. A 6’6” guard that can do all those things is EXTREMELY valuable. You are focusing on scoring which is literally all Lauri does. He can’t anything other shoot threes to as evidenced by his 41 percent shooting percentage which is same as Lonzo’s only MUCH less efficient. Just talking about both guys being 4th options like that makes them equals as players is a joke.
Rowland Garrett
Senior
And1: 489

Post#424 » by Rowland Garrett » Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:33 pm

GoBlue72391 wrote:
Rowland Garrett wrote:
GoBlue72391 wrote:Why so needlessly hostile? The Cavs are 15-12 and in 6th place in the East and Lauri and Lonzo have comparable stats as 4th guys.

Because we don't care about LM and the Cavs and are disgusted with all the trolling.

You do realize you don't have to click on this thread...right??? The level of toxicity here doesn't match the supposed "justification" for it.

It's in the Bulls forum. It was not started as a tribute to Lauri Markkanen and the Cleveland Cavaliers. It was a goodbye to LM's Bulls career. All this Trash Cavs and LM fandom doesn't belong in this forum any more than a Lebron/Lakers bragging thread would.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#425 » by WindyCityBorn » Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:37 pm

sco wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
Louri wrote:

I'll say this, and I'm 100% a Lavine and Bulls fan...I'd rather have the Cavs core of Mobley, Garland and Fro than our core. Mobley has a Giannis/AD/KG vibe. Lauri, IMO is a 4th quartile starting PF, but Mobley's ascendance has made him a less than ideal fit with their core, and that's why I think they should try to package him and Sexton (another bad fit) to upgrade their wing situation.

OK but that literally has nothing to do with Lauri. He is an auxiliary piece and probably won’t be there long term. Also I have much faith that AK will continue to improve this team. We aren’t close to being done and will be relevant for a long time now that the GarPax stink is gone.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,436

Post#426 » by fleet » Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:37 pm

sco wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
Louri wrote:

Been thinking about this for awhile. The Bulls are a top team in the east, but I’d probably rather be Cleveland. Its not a very close call. As long as Mobley has this Garnett/Duncan kind if upside, you trade everything just for him. Sure we had MJ, owned the 90s. But after the dynasty, Cleveland has had the luck of the devil with the draft.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#427 » by WindyCityBorn » Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:40 pm

fleet wrote:
sco wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

Its not a close call. As long as Mobley has this Garnett/Duncan kind if upside, you trade everything just for him. Sure we had MJ, owned the 90s. But after the dynasty, Cleveland has had the luck of the devil with the draft.

Cool. Literally has nothing to do with Lauri. He is just another guy on team that won’t be there long term.

All that draft luck and only one championship to show for it. I’m pretty sure AK has plans to keep the Bulls extremely good for a long time that doesn’t rely on the draft.
Louri
Senior
And1: 351

Post#428 » by Louri » Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:55 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
Louri wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

Yes. Lavine is in God level compared to Lauri in basketball skills. Lauri is still more into vegetables than steak tho.
"Larry Nance Jr is better than Lauri Markkanen" -RealGM 2021
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,436

Post#429 » by fleet » Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:00 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
fleet wrote:
sco wrote:I'll say this, and I'm 100% a Lavine and Bulls fan...I'd rather have the Cavs core of Mobley, Garland and Fro than our core. Mobley has a Giannis/AD/KG vibe. Lauri, IMO is a 4th quartile starting PF, but Mobley's ascendance has made him a less than ideal fit with their core, and that's why I think they should try to package him and Sexton (another bad fit) to upgrade their wing situation.

Its not a close call. As long as Mobley has this Garnett/Duncan kind if upside, you trade everything just for him. Sure we had MJ, owned the 90s. But after the dynasty, Cleveland has had the luck of the devil with the draft.

Cool. Literally has nothing to do with Lauri. He is just another guy on team that won’t be there long term.

All that draft luck and only one championship to show for it. I’m pretty sure AK has plans to keep the Bulls extremely good for a long time that doesn’t rely on the draft.

I guess it sort of highlights my past high tolerance for tanking for a long time. At least with the old lotto rules. Unless AK can build a long term team like GSW with his machinations as opposed to being a long term playoffs opponent for elite teams that have the Mobleys of the world. Of course, Cleveland has to do the work around him, but it should be relatively easy. Not sure I would have gone the Lauri direction, but I like willingness to take the out of box thinking approach too. They’re gonna be there some day as that wall team other teams run into every year.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#430 » by WindyCityBorn » Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:08 pm

fleet wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
fleet wrote:Its not a close call. As long as Mobley has this Garnett/Duncan kind if upside, you trade everything just for him. Sure we had MJ, owned the 90s. But after the dynasty, Cleveland has had the luck of the devil with the draft.

I guess it sort of highlights my past high tolerance for tanking for a long time. At least with the old lotto rules. Unless AK can build a long term team like GSW with his machinations as opposed to being a long term playoffs opponent for elite teams that have the Mobleys of the world. Of course, Cleveland has to do the work around him, but it should be relatively easy. Not sure I would have gone the Lauri direction, but I like willingness to take the out of box thinking approach too. They’re gonna be there some day as that wall team other teams run into every year.

Maybe they will be eventually. Right now I’m enjoying watching the Bulls for the first time in almost a decade and I think this is just the beginning. I don’t want to see another tank for a LONG time.
GoBlue72391
General Manager
And1: 5,695

Post#431 » by GoBlue72391 » Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:15 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
GoBlue72391 wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
Lonzo Ball plays All-NBA level defense most nights. That doesn’t show up in stat sheets. Ball is so much better than Markkanen it isn’t even debatable.

I never said he doesn't? And on the other hand, Lonzo literally cannot do anything on offense besides shoot threes. You can argue that Lonzo is better and I won't contest it, but they're in the same tier as players as #4 guys.

Again, the level of toxicity here is confusing. No one even mentioned Lonzo except you? No one said Lauri is better than Lonzo, you just brought him up out of the blue. Just strangely defensive for no real reason. If you don't like Lauri and don't like to see people saying mildly positive things about him, then the simple solution is to just avoid this thread.

Lonzo is a great passer, great defender and great 3 point shooter. A 6’6” guard that can do all those things is EXTREMELY valuable. You are focusing on scoring which is literally all Lauri does. He can’t anything other shoot threes to as evidenced by his 41 percent shooting percentage which is same as Lonzo’s only MUCH less efficient. Just talking about both guys being 4th options like that makes them equals as players is a joke.

Why do you keep talking about Lonzo in a thread about Lauri?
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,313

Post#432 » by coldfish » Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:20 pm

Going to lock this thread for a little bit to let things cool down. At the rate we are going some people are going to pick up warnings and suspensions. When it gets re-opened:
- Keep it about Lauri and his relationship to the Bulls
- Don't try to bring in other players (Vuc, Ball, Lavine)
- Don't make it personal. Don't go after individuals or groups of individuals.
- Don't just troll the Bulls.

Return to Chicago Bulls