Image ImageImage Image

Lauri appreciation thread - Bye GarPax era

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,923

Re: Lauri appreciation thread - Bye GarPax era 

Post#61 » by Wingy » Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:27 am

Never ever a fan, but he never did anything wrong either. Good luck to him.

I’m just glad we can turn an “appreciation thread” into another debate.

You have to wonder...and credit to the I believe 2nd poster in the Wiretap thread...is Lauri headed back to a bench role sooner than later?

They just gave an even bigger payday to Allen who plays center. Maybe they’ll try to bring Mobley along slowly, but you’ve gotta believe he’ll be starting PF sooner than later.

Is Lauri really going to be a starting SF? Nope. I see no way he’s going to be a long-term starter even in Cleveland.

Haha...there’s also the ghost of Kevin Love still.
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,086

Post#62 » by MGB8 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:37 am

Newest WT suggests Love buyout coming sooner rather than later.

But, yeah, whether now or later this season, Lauri will be coming off the bench.

Unless he completely blows up and forces Allen or #3 pick Mobley to the bench. Possible, but Inhighly doubt it.
MGB8
RealGM

Post#63 » by MGB8 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:41 am

Meanwhile, Sexton likely to stay at 18-19 FGA/G, Garland likely to go from 15 to 16-18, Okoro from 8 to 10, Allen also from 7-10, and Lauri to get Love’s 10 FGA/G… same as he got last year in Chicago.
GoBlue72391
General Manager
And1: 5,690

Post#64 » by GoBlue72391 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:44 am

MGB8 wrote:
GoBlue72391 wrote:
MGB8 wrote:
Unlikely. Sexton / Garland want theirs, so will Allen, Mobley, even Okoro. Rubio may get him a little bit, but only in spots. Absent a pump-to-dump, Lauri is moving to a very similar situation.

Garland is a playmaker more than a scorer, Allen is a garbage man/lob guy, Okoro was rough last season and projects as a 3&D guy. The only guy who I see them running their offense for more than Lauri is Sexton and maybe Mobley later in the season.

Garland took 15 shots per game last year, up from 12 as a rookie. It’s going to go up again. Lauri won’t ever be a second option, barring injury.

But you are welcome to go follow Lauri with the Cavs.
Check the Cavs' shot distribution last year. Massive drop off after Sexton and Garland. Who else was gonna shoot other than those two? Plenty of room for Lauri and Mobley to slide in there.

And nah, I'm a Bulls fan through and through and suggesting otherwise is pretty damn uncalled for. I mean, this is a Lauri thread so of course I'm going to be talking about Lauri...but go on and be a **** for no reason.

Sent from my SM-S115DL using RealGM Forums mobile app
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,632

Post#65 » by Dez » Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:53 am

GoBlue72391 wrote:
Dez wrote:
GoBlue72391 wrote:Did you forget that Collin Sexton exists?

What are the two biggest things the Bulls lacked that would have helped Lauri? Playmaking and a defensive big to cover for him. He now has 2 of each in Cleveland (Rubio/Garland and Allen/Mobley). If you can't see how that's great news for him, then I don't know what to tell you.

I didn't forget Sexton exists at all, he's a scorer.

Mobley is a rookie who will more than likely replace Markkanen at some stage during the season.

Allen worse offensively than WCJ and people blamed WCJ for Lauri not having space, while Allen superior defensively to WCJ it's the same situation.

Yeah no, that's not the same situation at all. Lauri lacked playmaking and defensive bigs to cover for him in Chicago. He has those things in Cleveland. Lauri played great next to Rolo, another space clogging old school big. Lauri is the floor spacer the Cavs needed. And WCJ is not better than Allen at anything. I don't even understand what you're arguing at this point.

It is the same situation.

Rubio isn't going to make him a star.

Garland and Sexton will be their main offensive weapons.

WCJ is a better offensive player than Allen and people (Lauri fans) thought WCJ hampered Lauri because of that, now Allen has less offensive tools and literally has to sit in the paint.

He has less shooters than Chicago and their main focus will be developing Mobley.

It's just a weird and bad deal by Cleveland.
MGB8
RealGM

Post#66 » by MGB8 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:11 am

GoBlue72391 wrote:
MGB8 wrote:
GoBlue72391 wrote:Garland is a playmaker more than a scorer, Allen is a garbage man/lob guy, Okoro was rough last season and projects as a 3&D guy. The only guy who I see them running their offense for more than Lauri is Sexton and maybe Mobley later in the season.

Garland took 15 shots per game last year, up from 12 as a rookie. It’s going to go up again. Lauri won’t ever be a second option, barring injury.

Check the Cavs' shot distribution last year. Massive drop off after Sexton and Garland. Who else was gonna shoot other than those two? Plenty of room for Lauri and Mobley to slide in there.

And nah, I'm a Bulls fan through and through and suggesting otherwise is pretty damn uncalled for. I mean, this is a Lauri thread so of course I'm going to be talking about Lauri...but go on and be a **** for no reason.

@$$ says the guy who accuses folks of bigotry / racism at a drop of a hat… ok..l
D_GoLow
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,243

Post#67 » by D_GoLow » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:13 am

Our romance started out hot and heavy but it burnt out fast. I'll always remember the good time Lauri, the good times...
This is not a moment, it's a movement
CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,446

Post#68 » by CBS7 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:15 am

Knew it needed to happen, sad anyway. Was a Lauri fan, but was hella frustrating to watch him play. He has/had all the potential in the world. Those dunks he can do are pretty ridiculous, but his athleticism rarely showed up in games. If he had the mentality and work ethic of some of the greats he'd already be an all-star.
CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,446

Post#69 » by CBS7 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:15 am

FebuLauri forever
GoBlue72391
General Manager
And1: 5,690

Post#70 » by GoBlue72391 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:39 am

MGB8 wrote:
GoBlue72391 wrote:
MGB8 wrote:

@$$ says the guy who accuses folks of bigotry / racism at a drop of a hat… ok..l
Are you talking about the guy who implied Finnish people are stupid or the resident jerk who implied Africans lie about their age?

I'm not sorry for standing up against bigotry...twice...but it says a lot about your character if me doing so apparently bothered you enough to randomly bring it up out of nowhere in this discussion about Lauri...after randomly questioning my Bulls fandom because of my audacity to talk about Lauri...in a thread dedicated entirely to Lauri...

HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,173

Post#71 » by HomoSapien » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:42 am

GoBlue72391 wrote:
MGB8 wrote:
GoBlue72391 wrote:Check the Cavs' shot distribution last year. Massive drop off after Sexton and Garland. Who else was gonna shoot other than those two? Plenty of room for Lauri and Mobley to slide in there.

Are you talking about the guy who implied Finnish people are stupid or the resident jerk who implied Africans lie about their age?

I'm not sorry for standing up against bigotry...twice...but it says a lot about your character if me doing so apparently bothered you enough to randomly bring it up out of nowhere in this discussion about Lauri...after randomly questioning my Bulls fandom because of my audacity to talk about Lauri...in a thread dedicated entirely to Lauri...

Hey fellas, let's keep this about Lauri. If someone is making offensive posts just report it and let the mod staff handle it. Thanks.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,899

Post#72 » by weneeda2guard » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:55 am

Lauri was once again the brain child of a front office that had no vision no innovation, all they did was copy off other teams who were doing well and trying to find players in the mold of other stars already discovered by other teams. We only select lauri because new York found Porzingis. We grab snell hoping he would be another kawhi, and so on.

Guy looked the part but a waste of 7ft. Good bye good riddance
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,370

Post#73 » by drosestruts » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:57 am

Hope we don't play the Cavs in February this year
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,208

Post#74 » by Michael Jackson » Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:56 am

weneeda2guard wrote:Lauri was once again the brain child of a front office that had no vision no innovation, all they did was copy off other teams who were doing well and trying to find players in the mold of other stars already discovered by other teams. We only select lauri because new York found Porzingis. We grab snell hoping he would be another kawhi, and so on.

Guy looked the part but a waste of 7ft. Good bye good riddance

Lauri didn’t look like a terrible pick, he just never got better at this level. I mean still a better pick than Frankie Smokes. Obviously Mitchell, Bam,OG and Collins were all better choices but they all dropped further too. More of this is on Lauri not developing.
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,450

Post#75 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:17 am

So much potential. I feel like he got too muscular or bulky in recent years. He was mobile and springy his first couple seasons and never seemed to have that same first step
Taikuri
Pro Prospect
And1: 307

Post#76 » by Taikuri » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:01 am

Too bad we have to wait for a while until those games. Would be fun to see some of those right away after the season starts.

Bulls @Cleveland - December 8th
Cleveland @Bulls - January 19th
Cleveland @Bulls - March 12th
Bulls @Cleveland - March 26th
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,812

Post#77 » by kulaz3000 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:08 am

I was extremely high on him, and though many have soured on him, and some even conjuring up some personal negativity towards him, but to me, he has been a professional through and through. He has basically be a team player all throughout the entire process, even through some challenging moments, and for that he has my respect, because it could have been so easy for him to be distracted or to make waves.

I still feel he has a lot of potential in him, and I hope he does well, and I think he will do well. I feel he will have a similar resurgence similar to Tyson Chandler. With the right team, I think he can still be a very important player, perhaps even to a winning team. It was simply time for him to move on though, and the longer he stayed, the worse it was, not only for him, but from a player asset point of view. He has gone from probably being a little overrated early in his career due to his potential, to now being underrated in my eyes, and I expecting several threads created about whether we made a mistake in trading Lauri through the next few seasons

That all it was time to move on, and absolutely no regrets in the move in the slightest, but I also with him nothing but success and I hope he does well and gets his career back on track.
Why so serious?
Louri
Senior
And1: 351

Post#78 » by Louri » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:38 am

Taikuri wrote:Too bad we have to wait for a while until those games. Would be fun to see some of those right away after the season starts.

Bulls @Cleveland - December 8th
Cleveland @Bulls - January 19th
Cleveland @Bulls - March 12th
Bulls @Cleveland - March 26th

Cavs preseason 2/5 games are against Bulls tho

Oct. 5 at Chicago, 8:00PM ET
Oct. 10 vs Chicago, 7PM ET
"Larry Nance Jr is better than Lauri Markkanen" -RealGM 2021
ArtMorte
Sixth Man
And1: 2,102

Post#79 » by ArtMorte » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:47 am

I think Markkanen will go on to play his best basketball yet and we'll regret losing him.
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,039

Post#80 » by NecessaryEvil » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:53 am

ArtMorte wrote:I think Markkanen will go on to play his best basketball yet and we'll regret losing him.

If he played his best when he was here, he'd still be here.

I wish him well but regret, I highly doubt.

Return to Chicago Bulls