Image ImageImage Image

Grade the Chicago Bulls Off-Season

Moderators: HomoSapien, RedBulls23, Michael Jackson, GimmeDat, Payt10, dougthonus, kulaz3000, Tommy Udo 6 , coldfish, Ice Man, DASMACKDOWN, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper

What grade do you give the Chicago Bulls this Off-Season

A
76%
B
23%
C
1%
D
No votes
F
No votes

Total votes: 101

kodo
RealGM
And1: 10,058

Re: Grade the Chicago Bulls Off-Season 

Post#81 » by kodo » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:01 pm

wickywack wrote:...
My primary concern is that we've brought together older, top players from mediocre teams. In the past, that hasn't been a formula for success in the NBA. That said, the best GMs sometimes buck conventional wisdom big time (e.g., moneyball). Maybe AKME see something others don't. Or maybe he's got a step 2 for flipping them down the line. If this team wins 50+, I'll give them extra credit for delivering. But I'm loathe to give credit for offseason hope. I want to see actual wins. :-)

Bulls are the 8th youngest team in the league (tied with Pelicans and Pistons). Younger than most teams going for the playoffs such as the Celtics, Knicks, Hawks. At least specifically on just the part about the Bulls being older, we're not really.
TeamMan
Lead Assistant
And1: 500

Post#82 » by TeamMan » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:44 pm

Ugly Duckling wrote:After watching part of DeRozans interview with gilbert arenas and realizing that vuc was the reason he came (along with m.e. of course), i realized the game ak's been playing. i wasn't thrilled with giving up wcj and our 8th because of vuc's age and the fact that his stats were inflated and his team sucked, with the caveat being if we get another all star, which i thought we might. zo has fringe all star potential and DeRozan was an allstar who still has plenty left in the tank, so i call this a win. not fully sold on pw yet, but he has potential. if he takes a big step fwd this season it will prove that ak is as elite as he seems

IMO getting BD and Vuc were the keys.

After getting those two in place (+Zach), I already would have rated the FO with an A.

Adding better free agents this summer was to be expected, and they aced that too.
FriedRise
General Manager
And1: 8,171

Post#83 » by FriedRise » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:04 pm

kodo wrote:
wickywack wrote:...
My primary concern is that we've brought together older, top players from mediocre teams. In the past, that hasn't been a formula for success in the NBA. That said, the best GMs sometimes buck conventional wisdom big time (e.g., moneyball). Maybe AKME see something others don't. Or maybe he's got a step 2 for flipping them down the line. If this team wins 50+, I'll give them extra credit for delivering. But I'm loathe to give credit for offseason hope. I want to see actual wins. :-)

Bulls are the 8th youngest team in the league (tied with Pelicans and Pistons). Younger than most teams going for the playoffs such as the Celtics, Knicks, Hawks. At least specifically on just the part about the Bulls being older, we're not really.

Yeah I'd actually want them to go a bit older and pick up a productive veteran. I think the only players we have over 30 are Vooch and DeRozan, so we may have gotten younger on average compared to the roster that ended last season after losing Thad and Temple.

That's why I was big on them pursuing Milsap. He would've been able to fill a large hole and provide some veteran leadership to a team full of young players who are still learning how to win. Thad would've been another great fit, but I understand that his contract is much harder to fit in this current roster. I get why they go for potential upside vs proven player, but you usually win with a couple great young talents (raise ceiling) surrounded by stable vets who know what they're doing (raise floor). Too many young guys might give you a higher ceiling due to potential, but your floor is also substantially lowered because they can be inconsistent / more prone to mistakes.

Return to Chicago Bulls