Image ImageImage Image

AK-Sato Awkward Exit

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Grodoboldo
Analyst
And1: 2,819

Re: AK-Sato Awkward Exit 

Post#101 » by Grodoboldo » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:45 pm

Wonderboy12 wrote:That boy Sato is so terrible. He was extremely overpaid. This guy should not even be in the league. He got the nerve to criticize Lavine when Lavine had to do score and do Sato job because he was so bad at it. Sato is a useless player that can’t shoot, dribble, or defend. He’s also a horrible rebounder for his size. Sato is one of the worst players to ever play for the bulls. Sato also has terrible basketball IQ.

Hey, look who's here! :-D
Constantly underwhelmed by the Bulls.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,076

Post#102 » by MrSparkle » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:42 pm

Call me crazy but I think AK personally disliked Sato and Lauri. Both guys were paid well, treated well, had big guaranteed minutes, and I honestly can’t say they were special at all. Really mediocre in all aspects of the game except wide open 3p shooting.
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,156

Post#103 » by League Circles » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:52 pm

MrSparkle wrote:Call me crazy but I think AK personally disliked Sato and Lauri. Both guys were paid well, treated well, had big guaranteed minutes, and I honestly can’t say they were special at all. Really mediocre in all aspects of the game except wide open 3p shooting.

Could be. Both players are kinda / very soft and IIRC AK was known for being a tough physical player in his day.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,076

Post#104 » by MrSparkle » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:07 pm

League Circles wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:Call me crazy but I think AK personally disliked Sato and Lauri. Both guys were paid well, treated well, had big guaranteed minutes, and I honestly can’t say they were special at all. Really mediocre in all aspects of the game except wide open 3p shooting.

Could be. Both players are kinda / very soft and IIRC AK was known for being a tough physical player in his day.

I think that’s it. Targeting Caruso for the same money was a direct “see ya!” - same specs if not way less talent, but way more dog and bite.

I bet Theis got a more endearing goodbye. He just didn’t make sense, nor fit with Vuc.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,387

Post#105 » by Michael Jackson » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:17 pm

Lauri I can see for sure. Sato just seemed to be a piece he could use to acquire what he wanted in Ball. I think he felt very “meh” about Sato. Who knows though.

Return to Chicago Bulls