Image ImageImage Image

Bears talk 2.0; Fields era begins for real for real

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,951

Re: Bears talk 2.0; Fields era begins for real for real 

Post#1621 » by Chi town » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:08 pm

Embarrassing.

If George did have to force Fields it shows Pace is incompetent and has to go. This whole season should have been about Fields including first team reps during the summer.

What. A. Mess.
biggestbullsfan
RealGM
And1: 1,879

Post#1622 » by biggestbullsfan » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:37 pm

Read on Twitter

Fire them all and start over. This is incompetence
jmajew
Rookie
And1: 339

Post#1623 » by jmajew » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:43 pm

biggestbullsfan wrote:
Read on Twitter

If this is true...why would any coach want this job? I mean come on...My six year old has decided to become a Falcons fan. Maybe I should too.
biggestbullsfan
RealGM

Post#1624 » by biggestbullsfan » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:51 pm

jmajew wrote:
biggestbullsfan wrote:
Read on Twitter

If this is true...why would any coach want this job? I mean come on...My six year old has decided to become a Falcons fan. Maybe I should too.

No doubt in my mind that this is probably Nagy doing damage control.

He didn’t call the right plays for Fields to show he was right.

And now he wants to burn the house down to save face. This is a poop show all around. It needs to be demolished.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,204

Post#1625 » by fleet » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:06 pm

Susan wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=ZZwww3dQG9vDjBQBDEDzsA

It is easy to believe that Nagy wanted to draft Jones, but was bigfooted by his boss. Collaboration breakdown.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
IliketheBullsNBearstoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,059

Post#1626 » by IliketheBullsNBearstoo » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:07 pm

Totally explains the odd play calling. Now I understand.
biggestbullsfan
RealGM

Post#1627 » by biggestbullsfan » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:19 pm

Read on Twitter
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,755

Post#1628 » by Jcool0 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:29 pm

jmajew wrote:
biggestbullsfan wrote:
Read on Twitter

If you aren't going to be a Bears fan... Why would you choose to be a fan of a worse franchise? Kind of defeats to purpose.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Post#1629 » by Susan » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:08 pm

fleet wrote:
Susan wrote:
fleet wrote:If a true report, they have been clearly caught flatfooted at the leak. No team statement, but a Nagy denial only causes a lot of awkward moments including the game. Every national media outlet has days to gossip.

A big problem now is that the next coach is watching the dysfunction. A legit Pace replacement is a also watching and could be shdh

The dysfunction comes from George/Ted. This stuff is PR, not football operations and I have way way way more confidence in Pace hiring a head coach and filling out the roster than I do having those two hiring a new VP of Football Ops.

Phil Emery/Trestman were much worse of a combo than this pairing. George and Ted brought them in and as bad as things are right now, they're nowhere near the embarrassment that Emery/Trestman were.

I don’t know who is handling the current mess, but hiring and firing coaches is definitely a football operation. FWIW, something like a W/L record of 45 and 61 with no playoffs wins is definitely a football operation issue, to which filling out the roster is related. Where we should find the confidence in Pace to handle his 3rd coach hire, especially after his last one kind of blew up a quarterback that required a massive investment in draft picks is unknown.

He didn't hire Fox.

George and Ted's search firm suggested he did and Pace had to go along with it.

George and Ted fired Angelo/Lovie and replaced them with Emery and Trestman. What you're advocating for is them to correctly identify a coach/GM combo while they're also preoccupied with this Arlington Heights move.

My point is this + firing Pace after allowing him to select the next QB is another level of ineptitude. I trust Pace over those two a million times out of a million.
Susan
RealGM

Post#1630 » by Susan » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:11 pm

fleet wrote:
Susan wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=ZZwww3dQG9vDjBQBDEDzsA

It is easy to believe that Nagy wanted to draft Jones, but was bigfooted by his boss. Collaboration breakdown.

You made this up off of no reporting.

Nagy just believed in his plan, he's extremely high on Fields by every single account.

George wanted a winning season this year based off of the end of season reporting last year. Nagy believed his best shot at that was by playing Dalton, they would have been empty wins but that's what George was advocating for.

-If you're going to demand Fields be the starter - do it before training camp so he can be adequately prepared

-If you're going to fire the GM/Head Coach - do it last year so they're not out here setting the foundation for the franchise for somebody else

-If you're going to fire the head coach, don't let it leak out that you're already made that decision and then have the dude coach the team on Thanksgiving
jmajew
Rookie
And1: 339

Post#1631 » by jmajew » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:39 am

Jcool0 wrote:
jmajew wrote:
biggestbullsfan wrote:
Read on Twitter

If you aren't going to be a Bears fan... Why would you choose to be a fan of a worse franchise? Kind of defeats to purpose.

I didn’t say my 6 year old was rational.
Susan
RealGM

Post#1632 » by Susan » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:13 am

jmajew wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:
jmajew wrote:

I didn’t say my 6 year old was rational.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUXSZMIiUfFSzzgEL4N9aYBXPmGVen3zW
JockItch43
Analyst
And1: 314

Post#1633 » by JockItch43 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:14 pm

JockItch43 wrote:
Susan wrote:
Read on Twitter

We have a friend who knows his family very well. Last night they told us Fields has two broken ribs.

Finally leaking.

Read on Twitter
micromonkey
Starter
And1: 627

Post#1634 » by micromonkey » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:02 pm

Happy Thanksgiving and good luck to the Bears and all the suffering Bears Realgm fans.
Lets hope Desai dials up havoc and we get 10 sacks and Dalton throws for 400 and 4+TDs
We finally break the Lions spirit after coming close recently -and they go on to 0-16-1 to add to their infamous 0-16 season.

Lets also hope for a wonderful holiday season for Nagy--where he gets to spend a lot of time with his wonderful wife (who actually is his high school sweetheart) and kids. If you are mad at him--google and look at his family photo --and in your heart you cannot hate the guy IRL--just his performance as Bears HC.

He will cherish this time with his family (in hindsight) and so will Bears fans. He will get a soft landing on his fat contract buyout as well as likely get hired as an assistant somewhere else. And we will just be happy to know a change is coming.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#1635 » by fleet » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:10 pm

Bears calling screen passes today

Fields: Must be nice
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#1636 » by fleet » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:17 pm

Lions pass rush non existent
Susan
RealGM

Post#1637 » by Susan » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:17 pm

Robert Quinn has been so damn good recently.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#1638 » by fleet » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:18 pm

Holy crap the Lions are embarrassing
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,951

Post#1639 » by Chi town » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:45 pm

That was so boring.
Susan
RealGM

Post#1640 » by Susan » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:48 pm

Without Roquan for the majority of the game - good for these guys. Really awkward week, could have easily been a loss but good for Matt that he didn't lose to the Lions.

Return to Chicago Bulls