Image ImageImage Image

Watching Bulls via streaming service

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Cabbage bulls
Senior
And1: 594

Re: Watching Bulls via streaming service 

Post#21 » by Cabbage bulls » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:04 pm

TOMSPY77 wrote:
Cabbage bulls wrote:Just stream it illegally using lemonparty

That sir is an internet classic! :lol:

The youngins will never know what we were tricked into seeing...
TOMSPY77
Pro Prospect
And1: 168

Post#22 » by TOMSPY77 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:04 pm

Cabbage bulls wrote:
TOMSPY77 wrote:
Cabbage bulls wrote:Just stream it illegally using lemonparty

It's about as bad as breakfast at the 'blue waffle!' :no:
Cabbage bulls
Senior
And1: 594

Post#23 » by Cabbage bulls » Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:26 am

TOMSPY77 wrote:
Cabbage bulls wrote:
TOMSPY77 wrote:

It's about as bad as breakfast at the 'blue waffle!' :no:

And almost as revolutionary as meatspin!
JerrySloan4
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#24 » by JerrySloan4 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:25 am

I’d wait a few days before signing up for YouTubeTV. I was just reading today that their deal with NBC is set to expire on the 30th and if they don’t come to an agreement before then, there’s a chance that they lose all NBC channels, including NBC Sports Chicago.

Obviously these disputes happen all the time, and there’s a good chance they work it out, but since the season isn’t starting yet, you can afford to wait and see how it turns out.

I have a feeling that after giving Sinclair the middle finger over their Bally’s Sports channels, services like YouTubeTV are making a bit of a stand against high priced Sports providers.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,058

Post#25 » by FriedRise » Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:19 am

Yeah maybe hold off on signing up for YouTube TV. I also might end up switching to a different service if they drop NBCU.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

And it's a lot of channels at stake. I don't see how they can continue being competitive without these as part of their offering.

Read on Twitter
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,406

Post#26 » by jnrjr79 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:59 pm

I just signed up for a trial of Fubo TV today in light of the YTTV dispute with NBC. I had been pretty happy with YTTV. Then they dropped Tennis Channel, which I watch all the time. This NBC thing is a deal-breaker, if it happens. Fubo seems to have a better sports package (particularly if you’re a soccer person) and 4K games (though they are limited as with YTTV) are free, rather than an expensive add-on with YTTV. The big downside with Fubo is no Turner networks, so I am going to need to borrow a login for TNT/TBS sports.
FriedRise
RealGM

Post#27 » by FriedRise » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:37 pm

I've been looking more into DirecTV Stream. It's a bit on the expensive side compared to other services, but it seems to offer a lot of the things that YTTV offered including unlimited DVR. Looking at their website, looks like I'd be able to watch Bulls games on their cheapest package (Entertainment $70) + $10 for unlimited DVR.

Yes that's an extra $15 a month but I'd be able to replicate what I had with YTTV without having to revert back to cable with all their extra fees / boxes or deal with some of these cheaper options that are missing channels (Fubo), tiny DVR space (Sling), or unreliable DVR (Hulu).

If anyone here is using DirecTV Stream, let me know your experience.
nitetrain8603
RealGM
And1: 1,697

Post#28 » by nitetrain8603 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:30 pm

I use them as a backup. My nephew shares his account with me, and I do the same with him for YTTV. It's honestly ok. That's all I can really say about it. Overpriced unless you could get a promo, it works, but I found, that unless I'm on an AppleTV, it's pretty clunky as well. That's just my experience. With that stated, IIRC, they also get Marquees TV if you are into Cubs games.

YTTV is lowering their price until they come to an agreement with NBC. They are offering $10 off your bill and it's $5 to subscribe to Peacock. So I don't see a huge deal. I also don't see this holdout last through basketball season.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,750

Post#29 » by dougthonus » Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:20 am

nitetrain8603 wrote:I use them as a backup. My nephew shares his account with me, and I do the same with him for YTTV. It's honestly ok. That's all I can really say about it. Overpriced unless you could get a promo, it works, but I found, that unless I'm on an AppleTV, it's pretty clunky as well. That's just my experience. With that stated, IIRC, they also get Marquees TV if you are into Cubs games.

YTTV is lowering their price until they come to an agreement with NBC. They are offering $10 off your bill and it's $5 to subscribe to Peacock. So I don't see a huge deal. I also don't see this holdout last through basketball season.

If NBC plays hardball with everyone to launch peacock then maybe it will last, but again if it's only $5 it may not matter.

Predictably what has happened with streaming is that everything went from netflix to a massively splintered environment that is now a pain in the ass.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,406

Post#30 » by jnrjr79 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:29 am

nitetrain8603 wrote:I use them as a backup. My nephew shares his account with me, and I do the same with him for YTTV. It's honestly ok. That's all I can really say about it. Overpriced unless you could get a promo, it works, but I found, that unless I'm on an AppleTV, it's pretty clunky as well. That's just my experience. With that stated, IIRC, they also get Marquees TV if you are into Cubs games.

Just keep in mind Peacock does not carry any of the content of the NBC RSNs - just national NBC sports content. This is why I’m giving Fubo a test drive. Even with Peacock, I’d still be out basically all Bulls, Sox, and (not that I care too much) Blackhawks content.
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,159

Post#31 » by League Circles » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:35 am

Wait wait wait am i understanding correctly that I could watch all NBC Sportsnet Chicago games on Peacock Premium for $5 per month, which is like 90%+ of all regular season Bulls games???? If so that's huge, as I actively don't really want anything else and didn't want to pay 70 bucks a month for youtubeTv this year.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#32 » by dougthonus » Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:22 pm

League Circles wrote:Wait wait wait am i understanding correctly that I could watch all NBC Sportsnet Chicago games on Peacock Premium for $5 per month, which is like 90%+ of all regular season Bulls games???? If so that's huge, as I actively don't really want anything else and didn't want to pay 70 bucks a month for youtubeTv this year.

The poster above mentioned it only has NBC sports not the NBC Sports Chicago (RSNs). If so, you can't watch Bulls games on it.

FYI, I also checked, and I believe this is accurate. It appears the only way to watch RSNs is to subscribe to some "local TV provider" which youtube TV would qualify as previously but doesn't anymore. I'll also have to drop youtube if they don't resolve this.
@doug_thonus on twitter
League Circles
RealGM

Post#33 » by League Circles » Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:31 pm

dougthonus wrote:
League Circles wrote:Wait wait wait am i understanding correctly that I could watch all NBC Sportsnet Chicago games on Peacock Premium for $5 per month, which is like 90%+ of all regular season Bulls games???? If so that's huge, as I actively don't really want anything else and didn't want to pay 70 bucks a month for youtubeTv this year.

The poster above mentioned it only has NBC sports not the NBC Sports Chicago (RSNs). If so, you can't watch Bulls games on it.

Ahh ok. So it may be the case that the only options to watch most/all regular season Bulls games this year may be limited to:

1. Traditional cable/satellite and their proprietary streaming stuff like from Xfinity, DirecTV etc
2. Hulu live?
3. Sling?

This is kind of a big bummer. I've been using mostly YTTV the last few years which I start and stop frequently as I wish based on free time, how well the Bulls are doing, and budget.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#34 » by dougthonus » Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:36 pm

League Circles wrote:Ahh ok. So it may be the case that the only options to watch most/all regular season Bulls games this year may be limited to:

1. Traditional cable/satellite and their proprietary streaming stuff like from Xfinity, DirecTV etc
2. Hulu live?
3. Sling?

This is kind of a big bummer. I've been using mostly YTTV the last few years which I start and stop frequently as I wish based on free time, how well the Bulls are doing, and budget.

Looks like you have to have someone that qualifies as a TV provider. YTTV does that, but if they just lose the contract, then they won't have the channels. I'm not sure if there are other qualified TV providers that are streaming.

If YTTV doesn't come to terms with NBC before the start of preseason, I'm going to switch to Hulu. The bummer is I have hulu (no ads) and I don't think you can do no ads with the live TV bundle for some stupid reason (at least that doesn't show up as an option).
@doug_thonus on twitter
FriedRise
RealGM

Post#35 » by FriedRise » Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:27 pm

Once YTTV drops NBC, the choices are:
- Sling
- DirecTV Stream
- Fubo TV
- Hulu Live

From my research, they're all similarly priced with the main differences being the channels offered and # of cloud DVR hours. There's also variations on secondary features like separate user profiles.

YTTV remains the best out of all the services, but without NBCU, it's useless to me. I hope they come to agreement at some point.
khufure
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,461

Post#36 » by khufure » Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:46 pm

If you're living in a blackout area you can just watch the game after it's televised and skip like 1 hour worth of commercials & crap. I don't understand people's requirements to watch the game 'live'. Watch it at your convenience like a streamed show it's awesome to set your own schedule.
League Circles
RealGM

Post#37 » by League Circles » Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:00 pm

khufure wrote:If you're living in a blackout area you can just watch the game after it's televised and skip like 1 hour worth of commercials & crap. I don't understand people's requirements to watch the game 'live'. Watch it at your convenience like a streamed show it's awesome to set your own schedule.

There's just something very psychologically unsatisfying about watching a sporting event that's already happened IMO. I've virtually never done it. Starting a little late on DVR and fast forwarding through commercials to catch up is one thing, but waiting til the next day just doesn't have any appeal to me.

Shows are very different IMO because they are fictional stories.

It's particularly awkward to watch a game the next day that was a loss. Feels like an unreal waste of time to me. And if I check to see who won before watching it also ruins it.
LateNight
Starter
And1: 1,452

Post#38 » by LateNight » Fri Oct 1, 2021 12:31 pm

Has anyone ever added League Pass through Amazon? Would love to know about quality

Comcast is really dropping the ball this year. They don't even have League Pass available yet - said they wouldn't have it for the preseason.
FriedRise
RealGM

Post#39 » by FriedRise » Sat Oct 2, 2021 2:32 pm

Nvm, looks like NBCU is here to stay on YTTV so crisis averted.

Read on Twitter
khufure
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,461

Post#40 » by khufure » Sat Oct 2, 2021 5:35 pm

LateNight wrote:Has anyone ever added League Pass through Amazon? Would love to know about quality

Comcast is really dropping the ball this year. They don't even have League Pass available yet - said they wouldn't have it for the preseason.

Yes I tried it 2 years ago and the app was awwwful. 720p, clunky interface, score spoiling. Much better off with the NBA app.

Return to Chicago Bulls