Image ImageImage Image

Options to fix the PF hole

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,311

Re: Options to fix the PF hole 

Post#1101 » by d boy gentleman » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:28 pm

Jimmy Forums wrote:
Bulls2021 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Jerami is back on the table, folks!

I'm still down for this move, especially if the Bulls ascertain that it's worth pulling the trigger on! They're going to vet the situation and find out if he can accept the role we have to offer. If so, I think he'd be really good at it.

I'm not a fan of the move, not because it would have to involve Patrick, rather Grant is going to be looking for an extension this offseason and wants to be the number option on offense which he clearly wouldn't be here.
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
Jimmy Forums
Veteran
And1: 961

Post#1102 » by Jimmy Forums » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:36 pm

d boy gentleman wrote:
Jimmy Forums wrote:
Bulls2021 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Jerami is back on the table, folks!

I'm still down for this move, especially if the Bulls ascertain that it's worth pulling the trigger on! They're going to vet the situation and find out if he can accept the role we have to offer. If so, I think he'd be really good at it.

I'm not a fan of the move, not because it would have to involve Patrick, rather Grant is going to be looking for an extension this offseason and wants to be the number option on offense which he clearly wouldn't be here.

I see the Bulls having their hands on a gifted young player like Grant as a positive. Could open up some interesting S&T possibilities if we decide we don't want to pay him long term.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,191

Post#1103 » by HomoSapien » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:31 pm

That 2027 first is clearly the most valuable trade asset that the Lakers currently possess,” Stein wrote. “The Lakers have tried, with no luck yet, to package that pick with Talen Horton-Tucker and Kendrick Nunn in an attempt to acquire Jerami Grant from Detroit.”

https://lakersdaily.com/report-lakers-have-offered-talen-horton-tucker-kendrick-nunn-and-1st-round-pick-for-jerami-grant/
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
PistolP
Analyst
And1: 336

Post#1104 » by PistolP » Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:13 am

Read on Twitter

Seems like there’s a deal to be had if Bulls want to pull the trigger
Guy
Sixth Man
And1: 356

Post#1105 » by Guy » Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:16 am

I'm not so sure Jerami Grant is the answer.

He left a great opportunity in Denver to be a top guy in Detroit and he's failing at it. He's turnover prone, his efficiency is terrible given his utilization (FG% sitting at .414, 16 FGA) and his rebounding is abysmal at PF.

Do we really want to bring in a Me-first guy who isn't even that impressive on the stat sheet to a selfless team? Is it worth giving Coby or PWill for?
Raptors Board

Lord_Zedd wrote:That was the best worst game I've ever seen in a long time.

The Bulls are forever our fathers
GrowingHorns
Rookie
And1: 612

Post#1106 » by GrowingHorns » Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:28 am

I heard Lauri Markkanen is pretty decent. Wonder why we didn't get him when we had a chance.
prolific passer
Analyst
And1: 1,272

Post#1107 » by prolific passer » Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:54 am

GrowingHorns wrote:I heard Lauri Markkanen is pretty decent. Wonder why we didn't get him when we had a chance.

Bulls already went through that.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,649

Post#1108 » by sco » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:15 am

Honestly, Cook impressed me with his play tonight on Giannis. Good for him!

I'm fine getting Grant, but then AK needs an exit plan for Vuc so that we can afford to resign Grant...otherwise it's a waste.
:clap:
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,058

Post#1109 » by FriedRise » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:23 am

Read on Twitter
jacoby1us
General Manager
And1: 1,610

Post#1110 » by jacoby1us » Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:33 pm

FriedRise wrote:
Read on Twitter

This would be the ideal signing, low risk, high reward.
We need a banger who will compliment Vucevic's shortcomings in the front court. This would be a cheap deal that would be extremely beneficial to the Bulls this season.
#TREADMILLCLUBFAN
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,543

Post#1111 » by Andi Obst » Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:39 pm

I still think there should be a deal between the Bulls and Pacers that would be good for both teams. Torrey Craig would be ideal and shouldn’t be too expensive. I’d gladly take Justin Holiday back as well.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,058

Post#1112 » by FriedRise » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:34 pm

Green being back is huge, because even though he's only 6'4, he plays much bigger than he is and was the undisputed starting 4 that Billy chose right after PW went down. He needs to stay healthy tho for the next 6-8 weeks.

So we pretty much have the starting lineup set, and these are the guys who will be playing 30-35 mpg every night:

Ayo / Zach / DeMar / Green / Vooch

The second unit is where things start to get a little dicey. Because we really only have 3 NBA type players in Coby (6th man), TBJ, and Bradley. The last two there are questionable because they're more than capable of having Tony Snell-like games where they completely disappear. Our next best player after that is Matt Thomas, so our second unit might look something like:

Coby / Thomas / TBJ / DeMar / Bradley

Should be able to score, but they're not stopping anybody. If someone's having a rough game, we have the option to swap out Hill for Thomas, Cook for Bradley, or McKinnie for TBJ, but all these guys are on the contract that they're on for a reason. That Caruso injury really sucks because his swiss-army-ness would've been able to make any of these lineups work (btw, **** Grayson Allen).

If we get someone who can take minutes away from Thomas and TBJ, I think we can ride this out. In a way, I wish that Stanley Johnson didn't catch COVID when he was on his 10-day contract with us, because that's a nice defensive wing we could've used right now (he just got a 2-year deal from the Lakers).
rjforniss
Sophomore
And1: 179

Post#1113 » by rjforniss » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:25 pm

jacoby1us wrote:
FriedRise wrote:
Read on Twitter

This would be the ideal signing, low risk, high reward.
We need a banger who will compliment Vucevic's shortcomings in the front court. This would be a cheap deal that would be extremely beneficial to the Bulls this season.

I could have sworn I read somewhere that he needed another ankle surgery early this year so he isn’t ready to return to the NBA yet.
petebraun0
Senior
And1: 210

Post#1114 » by petebraun0 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:35 pm

strange pf fix. we love 6 6" athletic guys. How about trading Coby or swapping Coby with Okoro of Cleveland. They may need more offense, we need more defense. Okoro is young and can improve his offensive arsenal over the next three years. He is also a super defender. I bet he can defend some 4's for us, and 2s and 3s and 1s. He is also about 225, so has the size to handle slightly bigger players.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,002

Post#1115 » by Chi town » Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:58 pm

Little Nathan wrote:I still think there should be a deal between the Bulls and Pacers that would be good for both teams. Torrey Craig would be ideal and shouldn’t be too expensive. I’d gladly take Justin Holiday back as well.

Both would be good fits but you won’t want to give anything more than TBJ for them.
jordanwilliams6
Analyst
And1: 3,021

Post#1116 » by jordanwilliams6 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:30 pm

Chi town wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:I still think there should be a deal between the Bulls and Pacers that would be good for both teams. Torrey Craig would be ideal and shouldn’t be too expensive. I’d gladly take Justin Holiday back as well.

Both would be good fits but you won’t want to give anything more than TBJ for them.

The only assets on the table should be DJJ, TBJ, the Portland pick & any 2nds we have.

It should be enough to get us back one of, or a combination of guys like RoCo, Craig, Nance Jr, Morris Sr, Boucher. There may be some other targets pop up as well.
SalmonsSuperfan
Starter
And1: 2,142

Post#1117 » by SalmonsSuperfan » Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:45 pm

FriedRise wrote:
Read on Twitter

lol remember when desean jackson posted that quote attributed to hitler (inaccurately) about how the jews are on a quest of world domination and nothing happened to him? guy straight up said "hitler was right"
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Post#1118 » by StunnerKO » Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:08 am

SalmonsSuperfan wrote:
FriedRise wrote:
Read on Twitter

lol remember when desean jackson posted that quote attributed to hitler (inaccurately) about how the jews are on a quest of world domination and nothing happened to him? guy straight up said "hitler was right"

He got dragged in the media for using the fake quote , apologized to everyone , met with a holocaust survivor to educate himself . Eagles owner is also Jewish
dawhizz
Rookie
And1: 382

Post#1119 » by dawhizz » Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:40 am

What would we have to give the Wizards with DJJ to get Harrell and/or Haichimura?
"I'd go with Tyrus Thomas at small forward." - Sam Smith
SalmonsSuperfan
Starter
And1: 2,142

Post#1120 » by SalmonsSuperfan » Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:57 am

StunnerKO wrote:
SalmonsSuperfan wrote:
FriedRise wrote:
Read on Twitter

He got dragged in the media for using the fake quote , apologized to everyone , met with a holocaust survivor to educate himself . Eagles owner is also Jewish

My point is he obviously did something much much worse and didn’t actually pay a price for it. He’s not even a good player anymore.

Return to Chicago Bulls