Image ImageImage Image

Options to fix the PF hole

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

panthermark
RealGM
And1: 3,512

Re: Options to fix the PF hole 

Post#21 » by panthermark » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:05 am

ikeziskash wrote:
The Box Office wrote:Brandon Clarke.
Christian Wood.

We're not a major threat with Patrick Williams as our starting PF.

Houston would trade Wood?

Of course they won't....well they might...but they will ask for Ball or Zach in return.
Dude is averaging 20.8 points and 12.5 boards a game...he is out of our price range.
Jealousy is a sickness.......get well soon....
ikeziskash
Lead Assistant
And1: 158

Post#22 » by ikeziskash » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:17 am

Is Harrell maybe available?
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,820

Post#23 » by kulaz3000 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:51 am

ikeziskash wrote:Is Harrell maybe available?

With the way the Wizards are playing, it's probably not the ideal time.

Any trades are more likely to happen closer to the deadline when there is a clearer indicator of where a team is positioned and likely headed. It's the teams that are looking more like lottery teams, which are likely to give up on players, than those have a chance or a firmly positioned to be a playoff team.
Why so serious?
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,388

Re: Let’s bring back Thad, other PF options 

Post#24 » by fleet » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:54 am

Salo23 wrote:Who knew Theis would be available for scraps at last year’s trade deadline? AKME pulled that off out of nowhere.

We still have a $5M TPE, and we have the full $3.7M BAE to throw at potential buyout candidates.

I would be shocked if AKME stood pat with the roster as is, I fully expect a trade or two after another “evaluation process” leading up to the next trade deadline.

Good post. Unlikely the ‘hole fix’ will be anything other than a nominal acquisition at the deadline. No long term or true solutions seem in the offing. As such the Bulls should not be considering any major assets unless something unforeseen shows up. Despite Pat and Coby’s issues, they still should be considered major Bulls tradeable assets, as well as FRPs. Those should be in the offseason acquisitions bucket of possible moves once/if they rehab some of their prior values. I am definitely shopping everything if I am AKME. Just that nothing of note seems to make sense or is doable.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
Brothaman33
Senior
And1: 443

Post#25 » by Brothaman33 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:55 am

kulaz3000 wrote:

With the way the Wizards are playing, it's probably not the ideal time.

Any trades are more likely to happen closer to the deadline when there is a clearer indicator of where a team is positioned and likely headed. It's the teams that are looking more like lottery teams, which are likely to give up on players, than those have a chance or a firmly positioned to be a playoff team.

IIRC isn't Harrell just atrocious on defense?
"Thibs and Deng make Skiles and Duhon look like a one night stand" - Red Larrivee
Salo23
Sixth Man
And1: 415

Post#26 » by Salo23 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:19 am

Here is Harrell having his way against Toronto’s bigs, the same bigs who P-Will and Alize struggled against.

Outside of trading for a “star” PF, Harrell checks a lot of the boxes we are looking for next to Vooch.

Bigger/longer than our other PF options, can play small ball center, athletic shot-blocker/rim-runner, high motor, 27 years old, expiring $9.7M contract.

Just put up 25pts on 10-13 shooting, 11 rebounds, 2 blocks in a win against Boston today.
We are missing a lot of layups right now as a team, and that is on me... It’s my job to make sure we’re ready to make our layups." - Thibodeau.
Butler4thewin
Sixth Man
And1: 532

Post#27 » by Butler4thewin » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:01 am

weneeda2guard wrote:Bagley name is continuing to be tossed out there but he is not the big we need. He struggles to get back on defense and I'm afraid of him in the pick and roll drop coverage defense. Wish jokim Noah was younger and available he defended those coverages well and could switch etc. Only other bigs I can think of that can give us the defense plus the rebounds we want and need are not available unfortunately unless the lakers are willing to part with Dwight Howard or javele mcgee becomes available. Other then them we would simply be bringing in bigs who will get exposed.

I hate Howard that **** clown but if we need him there’s a chance after he pissed off anthony Davis and he didn’t play today from what I saw
JohnnyKILLroy
RealGM
And1: 4,335

Post#28 » by JohnnyKILLroy » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:03 am

panthermark wrote:
JohnnyKILLroy wrote:Bagley is horrible. Go grab any random GLeague PF if we’re scraping the bottom of the barrel like that.

You are missing the point. What do yo think DJJ's value is right now? Unless you are talking about moving Pat (who's value is also low, and Coby...still somewhat low), or draft picks, you are looking at low end value in return.

Why would the Nets trade Claxton to the Bulls? What would give up for him as a one year rental?

I guess all depends on what one is willing to give up. I'm talking DJJ or TBJr level trades.

Brooklyn is in win now mode if we give them a better chance at that they might move Claxton.

Bagley is a cancer - you don’t willingly invite cancer into the organism.
What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness.” — Don Draper
JohnnyKILLroy
RealGM
And1: 4,335

Post#29 » by JohnnyKILLroy » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:04 am

Salo23 wrote:

Here is Harrell having his way against Toronto’s bigs, the same bigs who P-Will and Alize struggled against.

Outside of trading for a “star” PF, Harrell checks a lot of the boxes we are looking for next to Vooch.

Bigger/longer than our other PF options, can play small ball center, athletic shot-blocker/rim-runner, high motor, 27 years old, expiring $9.7M contract.

Just put up 25pts on 10-13 shooting, 11 rebounds, 2 blocks in a win against Boston today.

Montrezl is terrible on defense…..really really bad.

He’s also a C
What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness.” — Don Draper
Butler4thewin
Sixth Man
And1: 532

Post#30 » by Butler4thewin » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:06 am

Salo23 wrote:

I like this idea but will they want to give him up ? And for what
panthermark
RealGM
And1: 3,512

Post#31 » by panthermark » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:16 am

JohnnyKILLroy wrote:
panthermark wrote:
JohnnyKILLroy wrote:Bagley is horrible. Go grab any random GLeague PF if we’re scraping the bottom of the barrel like that.

You are missing the point. What do yo think DJJ's value is right now? Unless you are talking about moving Pat (who's value is also low, and Coby...still somewhat low), or draft picks, you are looking at low end value in return.

Why would the Nets trade Claxton to the Bulls? What would give up for him as a one year rental?

I guess all depends on what one is willing to give up. I'm talking DJJ or TBJr level trades.

Brooklyn is in win now mode if we give them a better chance at that they might move Claxton.

Bagley is a cancer - you don’t willingly invite cancer into the organism.

I don't understand what we could give them that helps them win now, that does not hurt us. They have no particular reason to move him. He isn't a big cap hit for them, and is key rotation (was a starter) player.

There are a crap load of players I would prefer over Bagley. Dallas has a lot of bigs and might implode, so I would look that way. But again, what are you willing to give up?
Jealousy is a sickness.......get well soon....
SalmonsSuperfan
Starter
And1: 2,142

Post#32 » by SalmonsSuperfan » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:54 am

someone who can shoot threes. honestly, lauri
Bullflip
Assistant Coach
And1: 846

Post#33 » by Bullflip » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:20 am

How about Bol Bol? He is looking to leave Denver. Dude is tall and can shoot threes. He can block too. Not sure if he is a good rebounder though since hes skinny
waffle
RealGM
And1: 1,661
Location: Don't question the finger and do respect the black box. That is all.....

Post#34 » by waffle » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:32 am

2nd Theis...I so wanted to keep him...shame
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,061

Post#35 » by NecessaryEvil » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:34 am

Bullflip wrote:How about Bol Bol? He is looking to leave Denver. Dude is tall and can shoot threes. He can block too. Not sure if he is a good rebounder though since hes skinny

Loved Bol Bol coming out of college but I recently saw a game featuring him, he didn't have much of an impact. Just seemed to be tall for no reason, with very little skill.

:lol:

He's not the answer.
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,707

Post#36 » by BullChit » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:07 am

How's that there Maxi Klieber guy doing?
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
ImSlower
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,438

Post#37 » by ImSlower » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:13 am

Daniel Theis would be perfect, in my opinion - I loved him for the Celts and was delighted when he gritted it out for us. Alas that ship sailed. I was really bummed they passed on him basically to sign Caruso - but in the small sample size of our blowouts against bad teams I absolutely loved him. I was resolutely of the opinion that Theis would have been a far better roster option with our glut of tall guards and wings. But if Caruso keeps being as important to the team this year as Thad Young was for us last year, I ain't worried.

I absolutely agree I wish we had a tall junkyard dog back there more than just Alize, but man, Bol Bol and Bagley ain't gonna make a difference this year against real playoff teams. I got no answer, I wish I did, but boy do I hope one comes up before spring.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,543

Post#38 » by Andi Obst » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:41 am

BD even refuses to put Alize at PF at all and people expect him to play guys like Harrell, Claxton or Bol Bol (lol) there. Theis is a C, too, which is why they didn’t prioritize bringing him back. Bagley sucks.

Best idea in this thread is Clarke IMO. That’s a potential buy-low candidate. Taylor Jenkins doesn’t seem to love him right now and they have Tillman as well.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
Maverick41
Analyst
And1: 2,498

Post#39 » by Maverick41 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:03 am

BullChit wrote:How's that there Maxi Klieber guy doing?

What do you Bulls fans think of a Maxi + DFS+ center of choice for PatWill + filler? Probably not the sexiest package but Maxi and DFS are very good role players and could be huge in a championship run if that's the goal. Not sure how highly PatWill is valued here so don't flame me if this is way out of touch for you guys.
donaldtrump_00
Analyst
And1: 567

Post#40 » by donaldtrump_00 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:06 am

I'm extremely mad with the power forward position depth but i wouldnt go as far as trading pat will. like he's our one or two building blocks we have just incase a reset button is pushed. him and coby. you have to keep them just for those purposes. i know nobody is willing to do a full rebuild after what weve seen with this one. things dont always pan out.its nice to have a few pieces already in place. why dont they actually play the players they do have? like there's a player named TONY BRADLEY. he was acquired to help with rebounding and defense. utah sure loved him. he was first big off the bench even when they had derrick favors. he's the reason favors got traded the first go around. philly used him with dwight still playing there. sometimes he got in over dwight. he's on our team now. why not play him before making a senseless trade. or how about derrick jones jr? give the man 5 minuites of action and see what he can do. hell sit pat will down period and play them two guys i just named. how can you go wrong. pat is messing up if you ask me. im still cool with him all year long as a starter but the entitlement stuff is getting old

Return to Chicago Bulls