Image ImageImage Image

Options to fix the PF hole

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

JohnnyKILLroy
RealGM
And1: 4,335

Re: Options to fix the PF hole 

Post#281 » by JohnnyKILLroy » Tue Nov 2, 2021 11:55 pm

People want Kevin Knox?

FacePalm and ROTFLMAO at the same time!!!!
What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness.” — Don Draper
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,075

Post#282 » by MrSparkle » Wed Nov 3, 2021 12:13 am

JohnnyKILLroy wrote:People want Kevin Knox?

FacePalm and ROTFLMAO at the same time!!!!

It’s amazing to me how people want to trade for proven garbage.

Just wait till they’re looking for a 15th spot. Then a 25yo Josh Jackson, Jahlil Okafor is fantastic value risk/reward. Like Knox and probably Bagley.
IliketheBullsNBearstoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,061

Post#283 » by IliketheBullsNBearstoo » Wed Nov 3, 2021 12:21 am

I know he's been mentioned but I would take a chance on Marquese Chriss even just as a depth signing. Should be an inexpensive pick up which is what we need.
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,089

Post#284 » by MGB8 » Wed Nov 3, 2021 1:27 am

I wonder if Josh Jackson, currently in Detroit, is gettable.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,058

Post#285 » by FriedRise » Wed Nov 3, 2021 1:29 am

GoBlue72391 wrote:
The Evidence wrote:
GoBlue72391 wrote:Those guys could play defense. Thibs doesn't care about offense, if a guy plays good D he's going to give them minutes.

Thats exactly why Thibs player evaluations are worthless to me.

He idiotically threw Lavine into the Butler trade like a bag of chips :lol:

I don't think that's what happened. From what I recall, we wanted Wiggins but they weren't willing to part with him but were willing to part with Zach. Hindsight is 20/20, but at the time I can see why they preferred Wiggins over Zach. You have to remember that Wiggins was the consensus 1st overall pick the year he was drafted and was considered a generational talent at the time, while Zach was an athletic but raw skinny combo guard who didn't start in college and was barely a lottery pick. Thibs gets the most out of his players and turns underachievers into overachievers.

I thought it was supposed to be a Butler for Wiggins swap, which both Bulls and Thibs agreed on - but it was changed last minute by Minny ownership to Zach. So because all we’re getting was Zach (ACL injury), they had to add a bunch of stuff like Dunn and then the pick swap that turned into Lauri.
IliketheBullsNBearstoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,061

Post#286 » by IliketheBullsNBearstoo » Wed Nov 3, 2021 2:08 am

MGB8 wrote:I wonder if Josh Jackson, currently in Detroit, is gettable.

They are probably over it but I know he and Zach had some bad blood in the past.
ozbull
Starter
And1: 150

Post#287 » by ozbull » Wed Nov 3, 2021 3:11 am

Genuine question:

What do people think Marvin Bagley would cost? He has his obvious limitations, but I think he could work in our system and could play C with the second unit.

Do the Kings give him up for a bunch of seconds?
MisterRoy
Veteran
And1: 1,001

Post#288 » by MisterRoy » Wed Nov 3, 2021 3:48 am

ozbull wrote:Genuine question:

What do people think Marvin Bagley would cost? He has his obvious limitations, but I think he could work in our system and could play C with the second unit.

Do the Kings give him up for a bunch of seconds?

He isn't getting any playing time. I'd throw a second and some cash considerations at the Kings and see what kind of a response we get.

Sent from somewhere you've never been.
JohnnyKILLroy
RealGM
And1: 4,335

Post#289 » by JohnnyKILLroy » Wed Nov 3, 2021 3:50 am

Bagleys a bum I’m glad Walton straight took him out of the rotation. IIRC the Kings save a ton of money if he doesn’t meet a minutes clause in his contract which would make him more appealing in a trade at the deadline? I could be wrong.

He’s cancer - you don’t willingly invite cancer into the organism.
What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness.” — Don Draper
ozbull
Starter
And1: 150

Post#290 » by ozbull » Wed Nov 3, 2021 4:32 am

JohnnyKILLroy wrote:Bagleys a bum I’m glad Walton straight took him out of the rotation. IIRC the Kings save a ton of money if he doesn’t meet a minutes clause in his contract which would make him more appealing in a trade at the deadline? I could be wrong.

I'm not really buying the 'cancer' thing. I've watched his career closely and while he obviously isn't living up to his #2 billing, some of that can be attributed to injuries and really poor management in his super-important first couple of development years.

He's not getting into fights with his teammates, he's not making embarrassing public comments. Sure, his manager looks like a wanker, but tell me an NBA manager that isn't a wanker when they get desperate?

I think if he found himself in a team with a positive culture, good leadership and was given a role that suited him, he'd prove to be the best PF available on the market and be damn-well grateful that we saved him from his Sacramento situation.
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Post#291 » by StunnerKO » Wed Nov 3, 2021 5:47 am

Yea Never trust the kings to develop or do anything right pertaining to nba players . Fox can’t leave fast enough
jordanwilliams6
Analyst
And1: 3,034

Post#292 » by jordanwilliams6 » Wed Nov 3, 2021 6:03 am

I wish we had tried to acquire Cam Reddish in the off-season. He's the type of player that would fit what we want out of our PF.
RoseTheFuture22
Veteran
And1: 404

Post#293 » by RoseTheFuture22 » Wed Nov 3, 2021 1:44 pm

Josh Jackson could probably be had for not too much, could maybe swap straight for Troy Brown although I think they are pretty similar

Batum is really interesting to me. I think its unlikely, Batum would have to request out because he has a no trade clause and the Clippers would have to be down really far in the standings but I could see a world that it happens. If we take him on using just an exception it would help the Clippers with that massive luxury tax bill that they have for a bad team.

Kenrich Williams on OKC is someone I like too. I don't think OKC will move him but they need roster spots and playing time for the barrage of picks they have coming in.

Danuel House I think for sure will be traded its just a question of how much the Rockets are looking to get back.

Brandon Clarke is another unlikely one but he is out of the rotation in Memphis right now and in a similar situation to Reddish in Atlanta.
panthermark
RealGM
And1: 3,512

Post#294 » by panthermark » Wed Nov 3, 2021 2:08 pm

ozbull wrote:
JohnnyKILLroy wrote:Bagleys a bum I’m glad Walton straight took him out of the rotation. IIRC the Kings save a ton of money if he doesn’t meet a minutes clause in his contract which would make him more appealing in a trade at the deadline? I could be wrong.

I'm not really buying the 'cancer' thing. I've watched his career closely and while he obviously isn't living up to his #2 billing, some of that can be attributed to injuries and really poor management in his super-important first couple of development years.

He's not getting into fights with his teammates, he's not making embarrassing public comments. Sure, his manager looks like a wanker, but tell me an NBA manager that isn't a wanker when they get desperate?

I think if he found himself in a team with a positive culture, good leadership and was given a role that suited him, he'd prove to be the best PF available on the market and be damn-well grateful that we saved him from his Sacramento situation.

That's my take.
I don't think he is a cancer as in he will kill a locker room. But I'm not sure if he has dedicated himself enough to improving or working on his body....and his defense is HORRIBLE. I would not trade more than DJJ for him, and by virtue of getting on the floor, DJJ is outplaying him at the moment.
Jealousy is a sickness.......get well soon....
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,304

Post#295 » by coldfish » Wed Nov 3, 2021 2:09 pm

Just so we are on the same page . . . Bagley sucks. He also really doesn't fit what the Bulls are trying to do.

I'm really stunned at some of the names coming up. DJJ and Javonte aren't playing that bad. What is the point in giving up an asset for a player worse than them?
panthermark
RealGM

Post#296 » by panthermark » Wed Nov 3, 2021 2:49 pm

coldfish wrote:Just so we are on the same page . . . Bagley sucks. He also really doesn't fit what the Bulls are trying to do.

I'm really stunned at some of the names coming up. DJJ and Javonte aren't playing that bad. What is the point in giving up an asset for a player worse than them?

Early on, DJJ was glued to the bench. 2 total minutes in 4 games. You will have to ask BC why that was. Under the scenario that he was not going to be used, he isn't much of an asset outside of an expiring contract. Thus no real loss.

Now that he may actually get minutes, it changes the scenario a bit and it is re-evaluation time. There is concern on my part that it took a PWill injury for certain players to get minutes. My assumption is that they were stinking it up in practice, thus not playing.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,304

Post#297 » by coldfish » Wed Nov 3, 2021 2:53 pm

panthermark wrote:
coldfish wrote:Just so we are on the same page . . . Bagley sucks. He also really doesn't fit what the Bulls are trying to do.

Early on, DJJ was glued to the bench. 2 total minutes in 4 games. You will have to ask BC why that was. Under the scenario that he was not going to be used, he isn't much of an asset outside of an expiring contract. Thus no real loss.

Now that he may actually get minutes, it changes the scenario a bit and it is re-evaluation time. There is concern on my part that it took a PWill injury for certain players to get minutes. My assumption is that they were stinking it up in practice, thus not playing.

The Bulls, nor most teams, are not going to play 15 man rotations. If you think that DJJ should have been playing, you have to identify which player early on should not have been playing. Maybe TBJ? Javonte certainly played well in the preseason. Should DJJ have been playing over Pat?

Just in general, I think way too much attention is paid to end of bench playing time.
panthermark
RealGM

Post#298 » by panthermark » Wed Nov 3, 2021 3:12 pm

coldfish wrote:
panthermark wrote:

The Bulls, nor most teams, are not going to play 15 man rotations. If you think that DJJ should have been playing, you have to identify which player early on should not have been playing. Maybe TBJ? Javonte certainly played well in the preseason. Should DJJ have been playing over Pat?

Just in general, I think way too much attention is paid to end of bench playing time.

I didn't advocate a 15 man rotation.
The name of this thread is "Options to fix the PF hole"...which was started on 10/28...game 5 where we killed on the boards (and that happened to be PWill's last game).
PWill was the starting PF and not doing great IMO. I've had zero issue with JG and his energy (not sure why his name is mentioned)...only that he really isn't the answer at PF for 82 games and the play-offs. I don't think too many people have mentioned him as trade bait (I sure have not).

If DJJ seems to outplay PWill as PF, your comments should be directed at BD as to why he was buried on the bench. At the time this thread was made, DJJ had a total of 2 total minutes through 5 games. Last two games he had 19 minutes and 21 minutes. If PWill does not get injured, does DJJ ever get off the bench? If that is the case, the initial question in this thread stands because the assumption is that PWill must be outplaying DJJ as a PF...and PWill was struggling a bit. For the first few games, it felt like there was zero impact from the 4 spot when Pat was in....hence the hole.
CaPiTanAK
Pro Prospect
And1: 435

Post#299 » by CaPiTanAK » Wed Nov 3, 2021 3:18 pm

I think that Marvin Bagley NBA career can be salvaged if he's on a veteran team who can guide him. I think we are that team now. However, I wouldn't give up anything more than salary match, some cash, and at most 2 second rounders for him.

Eventually, I think Marvin Bagley will sign with us for cheap, knowing that there's a starting pf hole for him on a winning team in a big city. We are his dream destination.

We are a team that's about to make some noise in the playoff. I think we should entertain trade for Marvin Bagley early in order to work him into our system in preparation for the playoff push.
ikeziskash
Lead Assistant
And1: 158

Post#300 » by ikeziskash » Wed Nov 3, 2021 3:19 pm

Williams shouldn’t have been playing. Those were unearned entitlement minutes.

Return to Chicago Bulls