Image ImageImage Image

Options to fix the PF hole

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Michael Jackson, Payt10, dougthonus, kulaz3000, Tommy Udo 6 , Ice Man, DASMACKDOWN, fleet, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper

Muzbar
Sophomore
Posts: 215
And1: 126
Joined: Apr 03, 2002
Location: Australia
Contact:
 

Re: Options to fix the PF hole 

Post#341 » by Muzbar » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:40 am


Never take that pippenainteasy site seriously.

Cousins is the only viable option in that article and I don't think he'd be a good fit anyways.

Baynes has been injured since the Olympics so that is pointless.

Meyers Leonard made anti-semitic remarks and last I checked the owner of team is Jewish, don't see that working out.
biggestbullsfan
RealGM
Posts: 10,491
And1: 937
Joined: Apr 28, 2004
     

Re: Options to fix the PF hole 

Post#342 » by biggestbullsfan » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:01 am

Muzbar wrote:

Never take that pippenainteasy site seriously.

Cousins is the only viable option in that article and I don't think he'd be a good fit anyways.

Baynes has been injured since the Olympics so that is pointless.

Meyers Leonard made anti-semitic remarks and last I checked the owner of team is Jewish, don't see that working out.


If you read the article it mentions Marc Gasol as well who i think would be perfect in a reserve spot for us. Leonard might not be redeemable. At least not here. But Cousins would work in short stints and Baynes would be great to just have a body on the floor. We don’t need him to do much or play much at all. Can’t get hurt on the bench. I’m willing to take a flyer and give someone a chance.
chicago paxsons
Senior
Posts: 693
And1: 299
Joined: Mar 23, 2020
 

Re: Options to fix the PF hole 

Post#343 » by chicago paxsons » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:03 am

Aside from cousins and okafor, there aren't any decent offensive threats that are an option in free agency. The problem is, to me, okafor and cousins are severely limited.

Okafor is an old school, slow, low post big whose abilities don't really help this team considering our playstyle. We'd have to change our system to fit him, which is a no go for me.

Cousins is definitely more versatile than okafor, but his problems are that historically he's been difficult to deal with, injury prone, and his specific injuries have seriously limited his athleticism. I'm not interested in risking our team chemistry for an, at best, role player.

I think we just need to find someone who can do what bradley hasn't been able to do, be aggressive in the pnr, and catch a pass. That alone opens up our offense for derozen and lavine. Ideally, we find someone who can do that adequately while also not being a liability on the boards or defending the rim.
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes.

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
Muzbar
Sophomore
Posts: 215
And1: 126
Joined: Apr 03, 2002
Location: Australia
Contact:
 

Re: Options to fix the PF hole 

Post#344 » by Muzbar » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:45 am

biggestbullsfan wrote:
Muzbar wrote:

Never take that pippenainteasy site seriously.

Cousins is the only viable option in that article and I don't think he'd be a good fit anyways.

Baynes has been injured since the Olympics so that is pointless.

Meyers Leonard made anti-semitic remarks and last I checked the owner of team is Jewish, don't see that working out.


If you read the article it mentions Marc Gasol as well who i think would be perfect in a reserve spot for us. Leonard might not be redeemable. At least not here. But Cousins would work in short stints and Baynes would be great to just have a body on the floor. We don’t need him to do much or play much at all. Can’t get hurt on the bench. I’m willing to take a flyer and give someone a chance.

Except he won't be on the floor as he's still out with an injury he sustained during the Olympics, otherwise he'd already be signed.

I definitely didn't see the part regarding Marc Gasol, but isn't he basically slow and washed up by now? I mean even the Lakers whom seemed to target the elderly this off-season didn't keep him.
User avatar
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 19,438
And1: 4,783
Joined: Jun 15, 2001

Re: Options to fix the PF hole 

Post#345 » by Michael Jackson » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:01 pm

Zion is returning, maybe we can convince NOP to trade him. Oh Griffin isn’t quite that stupid? Shucks.
MissileMike
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,674
And1: 656
Joined: Feb 25, 2002

Re: Options to fix the PF hole 

Post#346 » by MissileMike » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:02 pm

How about Daniel Oturu, currently on the Windy City Bulls:
https://stats.gleague.nba.com/player/1630187/
sco
RealGM
Posts: 18,802
And1: 5,669
Joined: Sep 22, 2003
Location: Virtually Everywhere!

Re: Options to fix the PF hole 

Post#347 » by sco » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:29 pm

I'm baffled why we just aren't playing Alize at PF. He lacks a 3pt shot, but so do all of our options. He is a great rebounder and is switchable on defense.
:clap:
d boy gentleman
Veteran
Posts: 2,785
And1: 886
Joined: Jun 02, 2009
     

Re: Options to fix the PF hole 

Post#348 » by d boy gentleman » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:32 pm

biggestbullsfan wrote:I didn’t realize Marc Gasol wasn’t playing overseas anymore. I think he would be a perfect fit for us. Low cost, smart player, can spread the floor and pass.


I thought he retired? :dontknow:
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint, not with the league but with the local police. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.
gardenofsound
Starter
Posts: 2,165
And1: 1,345
Joined: Aug 25, 2010
   

Re: Options to fix the PF hole 

Post#349 » by gardenofsound » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:48 pm

d boy gentleman wrote:
biggestbullsfan wrote:I didn’t realize Marc Gasol wasn’t playing overseas anymore. I think he would be a perfect fit for us. Low cost, smart player, can spread the floor and pass.


I thought he retired? :dontknow:


Pau announced his retirement.

I'm not sure that Marc has announced anything.
biggestbullsfan
RealGM
Posts: 10,491
And1: 937
Joined: Apr 28, 2004
     

Re: Options to fix the PF hole 

Post#350 » by biggestbullsfan » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:50 pm

gardenofsound wrote:
d boy gentleman wrote:
biggestbullsfan wrote:I didn’t realize Marc Gasol wasn’t playing overseas anymore. I think he would be a perfect fit for us. Low cost, smart player, can spread the floor and pass.


I thought he retired? :dontknow:


Pau announced his retirement.

I'm not sure that Marc has announced anything.


https://www.eurohoops.net/en/nba-news/1265557/marc-gasol-not-considering-retirement-i-have-to-train-and-see-what-im-going-to-do/amp/


He was unhappy in LA and went to play overseas but he said recently that he isn’t sure he’s done. Wants to see his options.
IliketheBullsNBearstoo
Analyst
Posts: 3,436
And1: 475
Joined: Sep 27, 2001
Location: The OC
     

Re: Options to fix the PF hole 

Post#351 » by IliketheBullsNBearstoo » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:03 pm

No thanks to Marc Gasol, guy moves like he's running in sand.
IliketheBullsNBearstoo
Analyst
Posts: 3,436
And1: 475
Joined: Sep 27, 2001
Location: The OC
     

Re: Options to fix the PF hole 

Post#352 » by IliketheBullsNBearstoo » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:36 pm

Probably more like quicksand now.
d boy gentleman
Veteran
Posts: 2,785
And1: 886
Joined: Jun 02, 2009
     

Re: Options to fix the PF hole 

Post#353 » by d boy gentleman » Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:56 pm

IFhe were to actually agree to a buyout, I would look at Kevin Love as an option. Clearly not the All Star he once was, but I think he would fill the 4 role as a stretch 4 that is still good for at least 10PPG. Once again, that would depend on if he would actually agree to a buyout. I would also think that he would probably head West if such was the case.

My other pipe dream would be Niko, but that's not going to ever happen :cry: :cry: :cry:
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint, not with the league but with the local police. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.
User avatar
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 19,438
And1: 4,783
Joined: Jun 15, 2001

Re: Options to fix the PF hole 

Post#354 » by Michael Jackson » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:12 am

d boy gentleman wrote:IFhe were to actually agree to a buyout, I would look at Kevin Love as an option. Clearly not the All Star he once was, but I think he would fill the 4 role as a stretch 4 that is still good for at least 10PPG. Once again, that would depend on if he would actually agree to a buyout. I would also think that he would probably head West if such was the case.

My other pipe dream would be Niko, but that's not going to ever happen :cry: :cry: :cry:



You used a big if and that is correct he has been pretty adamant he isn’t losing money. To follow that up though we could offer him more with the TPE than they could in California I believe, and money would seem to be a motivating factor. We could maybe get him Brian Wilson’s old house in St Charles so his family still has ties to The Beach Boys?
sco
RealGM
Posts: 18,802
And1: 5,669
Joined: Sep 22, 2003
Location: Virtually Everywhere!

Re: Options to fix the PF hole 

Post#355 » by sco » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:27 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:
d boy gentleman wrote:IFhe were to actually agree to a buyout, I would look at Kevin Love as an option. Clearly not the All Star he once was, but I think he would fill the 4 role as a stretch 4 that is still good for at least 10PPG. Once again, that would depend on if he would actually agree to a buyout. I would also think that he would probably head West if such was the case.

My other pipe dream would be Niko, but that's not going to ever happen :cry: :cry: :cry:



You used a big if and that is correct he has been pretty adamant he isn’t losing money. To follow that up though we could offer him more with the TPE than they could in California I believe, and money would seem to be a motivating factor. We could maybe get him Brian Wilson’s old house in St Charles so his family still has ties to The Beach Boys?

Let's be clear, I don't love Love. That said, I think the $ work if we trade White, Johnson, Brown, Thomas and Simonovic for Love. I'd ask for CLE's 2022 1st (top 5 protected) for compensation. The premise is that the org is willing to go into the tax to help us win. The question is (assuming we max out Zach) whether there is any real opportunity cost in terms of our roster for next season?
:clap:
ChettheJet
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,921
And1: 1,060
Joined: Jul 02, 2014
       

Re: Options to fix the PF hole 

Post#356 » by ChettheJet » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:29 pm

I really don't see CLE wanting White and 4 guys they'd just have to release to get rid of Love and a likely FRP. That's the kind of thinking that has had CLE changing GMs so often. I think Love is stubborn enough to just hang around and get paid his full contract, He likes that better than trying to pick the right path to ring chase.

The buyout route seems the most likely for the Bulls though. Some team is going to decide to tank and cut loose somebody who might win them a few games.
User avatar
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 19,438
And1: 4,783
Joined: Jun 15, 2001

Re: Options to fix the PF hole 

Post#357 » by Michael Jackson » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:35 pm

ChettheJet wrote:I really don't see CLE wanting White and 4 guys they'd just have to release to get rid of Love and a likely FRP. That's the kind of thinking that has had CLE changing GMs so often. I think Love is stubborn enough to just hang around and get paid his full contract, He likes that better than trying to pick the right path to ring chase.

The buyout route seems the most likely for the Bulls though. Some team is going to decide to tank and cut loose somebody who might win them a few games.



I don't know.... It saves them money for next year and they don't need many more projects ATM. I think they would want to consolidate talent with love though and Coby helps them not at all with Garland, Sexton and Okoro. Pat makes sense but only ion he was healthy... he could play the 3 for them and they would have their future lineup all set.
sco
RealGM
Posts: 18,802
And1: 5,669
Joined: Sep 22, 2003
Location: Virtually Everywhere!

Re: Options to fix the PF hole 

Post#358 » by sco » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:21 am

Michael Jackson wrote:
ChettheJet wrote:I really don't see CLE wanting White and 4 guys they'd just have to release to get rid of Love and a likely FRP. That's the kind of thinking that has had CLE changing GMs so often. I think Love is stubborn enough to just hang around and get paid his full contract, He likes that better than trying to pick the right path to ring chase.

The buyout route seems the most likely for the Bulls though. Some team is going to decide to tank and cut loose somebody who might win them a few games.



I don't know.... It saves them money for next year and they don't need many more projects ATM. I think they would want to consolidate talent with love though and Coby helps them not at all with Garland, Sexton and Okoro. Pat makes sense but only ion he was healthy... he could play the 3 for them and they would have their future lineup all set.

I think CLE would be more than a little interested. It frees them up $20M to spend next season on a key piece...even more if they dump Coby. That said. IIRC, Sexton is a RFA and CLE was trying to trade him. Coby gives them some Sexton insurance.

Pat makes sense, but he's way more valuable than an aging backup PF/C.
:clap:
kodo
RealGM
Posts: 15,643
And1: 10,463
Joined: Oct 10, 2006
Location: Northshore Burbs

Re: Options to fix the PF hole 

Post#359 » by kodo » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:46 am

Javonte is playing center now at 6' 3", this has to stop. Every random big man in the league is going to be having career nights against us.
Bulls2021
Junior
Posts: 253
And1: 131
Joined: Nov 13, 2021

Re: Options to fix the PF hole 

Post#360 » by Bulls2021 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:17 am

Michael Jackson wrote:
d boy gentleman wrote:IFhe were to actually agree to a buyout, I would look at Kevin Love as an option. Clearly not the All Star he once was, but I think he would fill the 4 role as a stretch 4 that is still good for at least 10PPG. Once again, that would depend on if he would actually agree to a buyout. I would also think that he would probably head West if such was the case.

My other pipe dream would be Niko, but that's not going to ever happen :cry: :cry: :cry:



You used a big if and that is correct he has been pretty adamant he isn’t losing money. To follow that up though we could offer him more with the TPE than they could in California I believe, and money would seem to be a motivating factor. We could maybe get him Brian Wilson’s old house in St Charles so his family still has ties to The Beach Boys?

Do we have a TPE still?

Return to Chicago Bulls