Image ImageImage Image

The "Debate How Vuc's Thread Should be Titled" Thread

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,959

Re: Vucevic playing well over the past four games 

Post#401 » by Wingy » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:47 pm

HINrichPolice wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:Here's a question, has vuc overall played better/more impactfully compared to Thad last year?

Thad always impacted the game, no matter how well he was shooting (and he was very reliable shooting in the post).

I'd trade Vuc for Thad straight up right now if we could and find some bargain bin centers to fill role.

Sounds good after a season of disappointment, but despite lower %s, teams can't simply slouch off of Vuc outside. Be careful what you wish for. Who are the bargain bin centers that pose that threat, rebound like Vuc?
HINrichPolice
General Manager
And1: 1,706

Post#402 » by HINrichPolice » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:40 pm

Wingy wrote:
HINrichPolice wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:Here's a question, has vuc overall played better/more impactfully compared to Thad last year?

Thad always impacted the game, no matter how well he was shooting (and he was very reliable shooting in the post).

I'd trade Vuc for Thad straight up right now if we could and find some bargain bin centers to fill role.

Sounds good after a season of disappointment, but despite lower %s, teams can't simply slouch off of Vuc outside. Be careful what you wish for. Who are the bargain bin centers that pose that threat, rebound like Vuc?

At this point, give me a Thad + Tony Bradley front court with Jordan Bell filling in that bench Center role.

Last year's Thad with this year's roster would have such great ball movement and chemistry.
CONTENDERS FIND A WAY
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,543

Post#403 » by Andi Obst » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:52 pm

The inconsistent (and mostly bad) shooting has been frustrating all season, but recently his defense has annoyed me even more. He was pretty active early in the season and doesn’t even pretend to care right now. And he’s soooo afraid of contact.

I’m not his biggest fan right now.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,592

Post#404 » by Ice Man » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:34 am

Boy, I wish we had the vs. Celtics version of Vuc on a regular basis. That guy can play.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,649

Post#405 » by sco » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:45 pm

Ice Man wrote:Boy, I wish we had the vs. Celtics version of Vuc on a regular basis. That guy can play.

Yeah, his aim on the close shots was dead-on, which IMO, is unusual vs. decent rim protection guys on Celts. I'll be optimistic that it's a trend.
:clap:
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,263

Post#406 » by kodo » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:14 pm

sco wrote:
Ice Man wrote:Boy, I wish we had the vs. Celtics version of Vuc on a regular basis. That guy can play.

Yeah, his aim on the close shots was dead-on, which IMO, is unusual vs. decent rim protection guys on Celts. I'll be optimistic that it's a trend.

Hate to throw any of our starting perimeter under the bus...but Ayo was better at assisting Vuc that game than any of our starters. Fast, no-look, no hesitation, quick passes hitting him in the hands. When Derozan or Zach make plays for Vuc there's a lot of shimmying, shaking, probing, stepping back, looking, then passing to Vuc. And Lonzo turns into a 3&D wing in the half-court so he almost never has the opportunity to hit Vuc.

Vuc may have also had a better mindset going into this as the 2nd option. He played his best last season when Zach was out as well, just a more clear role. He's said multiple times he's having trouble adjusting to what his role is with all the other starters.
TheJordanRule
Veteran
And1: 1,253

Post#407 » by TheJordanRule » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:08 pm

Vuce was fantastic last night on defense. His early season play on that end was discouraging but he's slowly stepped it up over the last month. If he plays like this in the playoffs, and our players are healthy, reaching the third round would damn near be a certainty.
Wingy
RealGM

Post#408 » by Wingy » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:39 pm

kodo wrote:
sco wrote:

Hate to throw any of our starting perimeter under the bus...but Ayo was better at assisting Vuc that game than any of our starters. Fast, no-look, no hesitation, quick passes hitting him in the hands. When Derozan or Zach make plays for Vuc there's a lot of shimmying, shaking, probing, stepping back, looking, then passing to Vuc. And Lonzo turns into a 3&D wing in the half-court so he almost never has the opportunity to hit Vuc.

Vuc may have also had a better mindset going into this as the 2nd option. He played his best last season when Zach was out as well, just a more clear role. He's said multiple times he's having trouble adjusting to what his role is with all the other starters.

Interesting observations re: the starters. I’ll have to look for this (w/Ayo) when I get a chance to watch. I don’t know as it absolves Vuc’s poor shooting, but it could be a factor. There’s a point where you expect the ball on the receiving end, and then there’s a point where it just becomes awkward, resulting in an out of rhythm shot.

I’ve long noticed that Coby seems to have a very natural chemistry with Vuc. Seems like Coby doesn’t eff around and is more than happy to dump it in the post quickly. In turn, you’ll see Vuc kick it back out quickly to Coby for 3. Maybe we should start anchoring the 2nd unit more with Vuc to have that CobAyocevic 3-man focus. The “let DeMar ISO” 2nd unit offense sucks, quite frankly, Billy. Then go small with a lineup headed by Zach & DD.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,058

Post#409 » by FriedRise » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:03 am

While we’re this shorthanded, might do us some good to revert back to our last season post-trade type of play with Vooch as our 1st/2nd option. That means slooooow the game down and focus on getting him touches in the post.

I feel like he needs a healthy dose of back to the basket post-up plays early in the game to get himself going. There’s just been not much of that this season since you typically see him operate near the three point line doing pick and rolls/pops with our guards. When we start games with him taking (bricking) 3s or long 2s, that typically leads to a bad offensive Vooch night.
mack2354
Pro Prospect
And1: 526

Post#410 » by mack2354 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:02 am

Wingy wrote:
kodo wrote:
sco wrote:Yeah, his aim on the close shots was dead-on, which IMO, is unusual vs. decent rim protection guys on Celts. I'll be optimistic that it's a trend.

Interesting observations re: the starters. I’ll have to look for this (w/Ayo) when I get a chance to watch. I don’t know as it absolves Vuc’s poor shooting, but it could be a factor. There’s a point where you expect the ball on the receiving end, and then there’s a point where it just becomes awkward, resulting in an out of rhythm shot.

I’ve long noticed that Coby seems to have a very natural chemistry with Vuc. Seems like Coby doesn’t eff around and is more than happy to dump it in the post quickly. In turn, you’ll see Vuc kick it back out quickly to Coby for 3. Maybe we should start anchoring the 2nd unit more with Vuc to have that CobAyocevic 3-man focus. The “let DeMar ISO” 2nd unit offense sucks, quite frankly, Billy. Then go small with a lineup headed by Zach & DD.
I actually love this idea. Sub Vooch out quick in the first and let Zach/DDR do their thing. Bring Vooch back in as the 1st option like he was in Orlando to make him more comfortable. Thad Young also thrived in this role last year damn near averaging close to a triple double with the second unit.

Sent from my REVVL V+ 5G using RealGM mobile app
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,707

Post#411 » by BullChit » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:57 am

mack2354 wrote:
Wingy wrote:
kodo wrote:

I actually love this idea. Sub Vooch out quick in the first and let Zach/DDR do their thing. Bring Vooch back in as the 1st option like he was in Orlando to make him more comfortable. Thad Young also thrived in this role last year damn near averaging close to a triple double with the second unit.

Sent from my REVVL V+ 5G using RealGM mobile app

That's actually how i thought the rotations would go before the season started.
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
Wingy
RealGM

Post#412 » by Wingy » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:50 pm

A big chunk of me says you’re a pro, so you should get your job done and put the ball in the damned basket. He needs to do a better job on the open shots and 4-6 foot hook bunnies. While some may be weird rhythm with Zach/DD going 1:1, he gets a lot of quality looks too.

Another part of me is thankful for the Bull Vuc is. Despite his hyper-annoying on court sulking, he has been nothing short of an amazing teammate. He has sacrificed the most in terms of role, and numbers. He has had to change his game the most by far of the 3 all stars. Not a single complaint in any media. Nothing remotely close to an on court kerfuffle. I mentioned just above how it’s awkward to get shots out of rhythm, and it can be awkward to get super wide open shots too. I think that’s mental...you know everyone everywhere expects you to make those. Probably safe to say Vuc has never gotten this many wide open looks in the NBA playing with two all stars.

He still needs to find that comfort zone, and confidence in his place on the team, but hat tip to Vuc for being a teammate with no ego. I’m sure his attitude is a huge reason why this whole thing has worked so amazingly fast. Hopefully his %s continue to rise as the season goes on, and through next year if he isn’t traded.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,649

Post#413 » by sco » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:24 pm

Wingy wrote:A big chunk of me says you’re a pro, so you should get your job done and put the ball in the damned basket. He needs to do a better job on the open shots and 4-6 foot hook bunnies. While some may be weird rhythm with Zach/DD going 1:1, he gets a lot of quality looks too.

Another part of me is thankful for the Bull Vuc is. Despite his hyper-annoying on court sulking, he has been nothing short of an amazing teammate. He has sacrificed the most in terms of role, and numbers. He has had to change his game the most by far of the 3 all stars. Not a single complaint in any media. Nothing remotely close to an on court kerfuffle. I mentioned just above how it’s awkward to get shots out of rhythm, and it can be awkward to get super wide open shots too. I think that’s mental...you know everyone everywhere expects you to make those. Probably safe to say Vuc has never gotten this many wide open looks in the NBA playing with two all stars.

He still needs to find that comfort zone, and confidence in his place on the team, but hat tip to Vuc for being a teammate with no ego. I’m sure his attitude is a huge reason why this whole thing has worked so amazingly fast. Hopefully his %s continue to rise as the season goes on, and through next year if he isn’t traded.

I agree! Despite hype and history, Vuc isn't a star, he's just a 2nd quartile starting C, which is good, but shouldn't be such an offensive focal point. The DD/Vuc pairing is the problem, IMO because DD's passes to Vuc tend to be more bailouts than anything else. Not sure how to adjust line-ups to fix that. Maybe sitting Vuc 1st makes sense and giving him more run with 2nd unit vs. DD. Bradley gives better rim protection than Vuc and sets good picks...this may also help to shift a few more shots to Ball.
:clap:
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,592

Post#414 » by Ice Man » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:48 pm

sco wrote:The DD/Vuc pairing is the problem, IMO because DD's passes to Vuc tend to be more bailouts than anything else. Not sure how to adjust line-ups to fix that.

1) DDR's passes to most players are bailouts! The man is 1st, 2nd, and 3rd an elite iso scorer.

2) I don't think there are any lineup fixes, since Billy already separates those guys. They're typically together on the court for only about half a game.
TheJordanRule
Veteran
And1: 1,253

Post#415 » by TheJordanRule » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:15 pm

HINrichPolice wrote:
Wingy wrote:
HINrichPolice wrote:

At this point, give me a Thad + Tony Bradley front court with Jordan Bell filling in that bench Center role.

Last year's Thad with this year's roster would have such great ball movement and chemistry.

This idea is nuts. Thad is ancient and offers next to nothing at this point. Thad's averaging 14 minutes per game for a bad Spurs team that's 12th in the Western Conference. Vuce, on the other hand, is a big reason why we're 1st in the Eastern Conference despite the string of losses that we've experienced. None of this is a coincidence. Tony Bradley is not an answer, looking like he's running through mud whenever he's out there. Vuce is reaching a point where he's a factor on both ends of the floor. Enjoy it! It's been years since we've had an elite team like this.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,250

Post#416 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:06 pm

This FO really needs to look at what it means to cut its losses with this player. His incompetence offensively is brutal, and while his defense hasn’t been horrendous, it’s not good either.

Indiana is wanting to trade its bigs, along with other teams. Hopefully the FO is exploring all options.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
SalmonsSuperfan
Starter
And1: 2,142

Post#417 » by SalmonsSuperfan » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:32 pm

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:This FO really needs to look at what it means to cut its losses with this player. His incompetence offensively is brutal, and while his defense hasn’t been horrendous, it’s not good either.

Indiana is wanting to trade its bigs, along with other teams. Hopefully the FO is exploring all options.

truly the boozer treatment. bulls fans want to make the team worse out of spite
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#418 » by bearadonisdna » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:47 pm

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:This FO really needs to look at what it means to cut its losses with this player. His incompetence offensively is brutal, and while his defense hasn’t been horrendous, it’s not good either.

And then what ?
All it proves is that we suck!
He was an all star last year .
But now he sucks ?
Maybe we suck .
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,546

Post#419 » by PaKii94 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:50 pm

bearadonisdna wrote:

And then what ?
But now he sucks ?
Maybe we suck .

He's the fakest all star ever
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#420 » by bearadonisdna » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:51 pm

PaKii94 wrote:
bearadonisdna wrote:

And then what ?
But now he sucks ?
Maybe we suck .

He's the fakest all star ever

Maybe we are fake

Return to Chicago Bulls