Image ImageImage Image

Around The NBA : 21-22 Edition

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,748

Re: Around The NBA : 21-22 Edition 

Post#81 » by dougthonus » Tue Nov 9, 2021 9:03 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:Man Simmos for Brown might make some sense. Tatum and Brown can’t coexist it seems nor can Joel and Ben…. I’m wary if I am Boston though, for Philly at this point that is a no brainer.

It's hard to imagine that if the Celtics put Brown on the trade market that they wouldn't get back a better package than Ben Simmons. In fact, it's quite impossible to imagine that. I mean just at a minimum, if the Blazers believe Dame is a goner, that's a package that might be intriguing for them.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,263

Post#82 » by kodo » Tue Nov 9, 2021 9:41 pm

Jcool0 wrote:Not sure if its back related... But he has been awful to start the year. 10 points on 35% shooting in 30 MPG.

Yeah he re-injured his back. He's out for the "foreseeable future" which sounds significant.
Too bad, he looked so happy over the summer at the thought his back problems were behind him.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,233

Post#83 » by Dan Z » Tue Nov 9, 2021 10:40 pm

dougthonus wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:Man Simmos for Brown might make some sense. Tatum and Brown can’t coexist it seems nor can Joel and Ben…. I’m wary if I am Boston though, for Philly at this point that is a no brainer.

It's hard to imagine that if the Celtics put Brown on the trade market that they wouldn't get back a better package than Ben Simmons. In fact, it's quite impossible to imagine that. I mean just at a minimum, if the Blazers believe Dame is a goner, that's a package that might be intriguing for them.

Maybe it ends up being Simmons + stuff for Brown...?
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,711

Post#84 » by madvillian » Tue Nov 9, 2021 11:11 pm

kodo wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:Not sure if its back related... But he has been awful to start the year. 10 points on 35% shooting in 30 MPG.

Yeah he re-injured his back. He's out for the "foreseeable future" which sounds significant.
Too bad, he looked so happy over the summer at the thought his back problems were behind him.

Well hopefully he can put the back problems behind him but at least he's got like 100 million or whatever guaranteed coming his way.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,748

Post#85 » by dougthonus » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:29 am

NecessaryEvil wrote: :lol:

Alot of posters on her disliked MPJ for a number of reasons, not including his injury history

There were certainly a few, but I think most people were rightly freaked out about his injuries.

Let's not re-write history now. Nobody said his injuries weren't red flags. The posters, like myself, who wanted MPJ at #7 were fine with him red-shirting his rookie season to heal and recover. We weren't going anywhere at the time anyway.

Sure, and maybe that will still turn out to be the right move, but it may also turn out to be the absolute worst possible thing the Bulls could have done. You look at Denver's situation, and there's a very real chance that they have 5 years of his max deal sitting on the books and won't get any value out of it at all.

People pointed out this very exact, specific risk with him, and the absolute worst case scenario, far, far, far worse than picking a bust may have just hit Denver.

Perhaps not of course, perhaps he'll be out for 10 games then be fine and never get hurt again, I certainly don't know his future, but his latest injury and lack of timeline is a stark reminder of just how big a risk you are taking.

To quote Big Dave from Bulls Outsiders/BAWL sports, the best ability is availability.

You guys haven't said anything since he's been showing out in denver, now that he's suffered his first injury since it's 'I told u so'

Well, no one is specifically targeting you right? I mean people who said "avoid this guy because he has a really, really, really high chance of getting hurt" wouldn't bring that up until he gets hurt naturally.

I have no particular feelings about MPJ except that I'm glad we didn't draft him for the specific situation that Denver now finds themselves in. Probably a bit of PTSD from Derrick Rose's situation. I was very nervous about Zach for the same reason, though Zach has turned out fine (obviously).

And for the record, I don't blame anyone for wanting MPJ or thinking he had superstar ceiling and you gamble on that. I totally get it. We all have different risk tolerances and value different things. If I were convinced in his ceiling, I would have probably gambled on him too, but lots of guys wash out from elite prospects between HS and College, so the combination of injury risk + not seeing him in college risk was too much for me. He definitely seemed on a path to prove the talent part wasn't going to be a problem.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,083

Post#86 » by MrSparkle » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:37 am

I don’t see BOS trading Jaylen for Ben.

These are the ones that make sense:

SAC Fox
MIN Russell
SAS Murray & Thad

Maybe some sweeteners, protected FRP one way or the other, but it’d be absurd for BOS to trade JB. I imagine the rumored offer was something like Smart and Horford, TBH.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,592

Post#87 » by Ice Man » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:41 am

I would trade Tatum rather than Brown. If I had to move one of them, that is.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,959

Post#88 » by Wingy » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:03 am

Ice Man wrote:I would trade Tatum rather than Brown. If I had to move one of them, that is.

Not moving either for a dude that sits during playoff crunch time.

Maybe Philly‘s giving Simmons, Thybulle and multiple firsts in Boston’s mind in this wonky scenario?
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,251

Post#89 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:17 am

Philly is up by 2 after 3 against the defending champs without Embiid. Regardless of how this plays out, I feel better about the Bulls 2 losses. Maybe the 76ers are just on another level right now.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,309

Post#90 » by coldfish » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:22 am

If Korkmaz shot like this, the Bulls would be 8-2
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,263

Post#91 » by kodo » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:37 am

If the Bucks lose to the Sixers without Embiid, Simmons, Tobias, Thybulle they've got to have a Boston style player's only meeting.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,251

Post#92 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:38 am

Bobby Portis would be such a perfect fit on this team.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
Clocian
RealGM
And1: 2,579

Post#93 » by Clocian » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:45 am

We back at the top of the east Boyz! Thanks Milwaukee :D
Damn I love Hip Hop!
bad knees
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#94 » by bad knees » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:57 am

Clocian wrote:We back at the top of the east Boyz! Thanks Milwaukee :D

Seventh place team in the East is .5 games out of first place. The East is gonna be crazy all year.
Clocian
RealGM
And1: 2,579

Post#95 » by Clocian » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:05 am

bad knees wrote:
Clocian wrote:We back at the top of the east Boyz! Thanks Milwaukee :D

Seventh place team in the East is .5 games out of first place. The East is gonna be crazy all year.

No doubt. People say it's too early to track standings, but I like keeping track of it throughout the entire year. And with the way the east is, it'll be even more fun to track
Damn I love Hip Hop!
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,795

Post#96 » by Jcool0 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:07 am

kodo wrote:

I know this. I was saying we dont know if his back had been bothering him all year or he just was in a big shooting slump.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,005

Post#97 » by Chi town » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:49 am

So is MPJ done? That back has him looking like a shell of himself.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,402

Post#98 » by Michael Jackson » Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:08 am

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:Bobby Portis would be such a perfect fit on this team.

He would but there was a zero percent chance he was coming here. Right now maybe it would be more likely, but he was going to go back to a loser team that traded him and leave a team he won a chip with? No way. Now seeing that we are a good team, we will get more options though. Aldridge or Milsap might have signed here if they knew this was the way the team would play. It helps to get better. The smaller pieces start falling in place too.
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,707

Post#99 » by BullChit » Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:17 am

Michael Jackson wrote:
Chicago-Bull-E wrote:Bobby Portis would be such a perfect fit on this team.

He would but there was a zero percent chance he was coming here. Right now maybe it would be more likely, but he was going to go back to a loser team that traded him and leave a team he won a chip with? No way. Now seeing that we are a good team, we will get more options though. Aldridge or Milsap might have signed here if they knew this was the way the team would play. It helps to get better. The smaller pieces start falling in place too.

Almost like AKME had a plan or something...
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
erlim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,050

Post#100 » by erlim » Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:54 am

Well at least in the UK the Bulls are getting some respect.

Funny how BJ Armstrong still refers to the Bulls as “we”.

Return to Chicago Bulls