Image ImageImage Image

Vuc in Health and Safety Protocol (Shams: Will be out 10 days/6 games)

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Jo Jo English
RealGM
And1: 4,979

Re: Vuc in Health and Safety Protocol (Shams: Will be out 10 days/6 games) 

Post#161 » by Jo Jo English » Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:47 pm

Read on Twitter

“It sucks, man. Obviously just wishing for his health, first off, for him and his family,” LaVine said Friday morning at Chase Center following the Bulls’ morning shootaround. “And then we’re just going to have to battle and work this out without him until he gets back. Big blow, obviously. He’s one of the main pieces of our team. I just feel like that last game he was getting his rhythm back and everything like that. So it just sucks.”

The Bulls begin a five-game trip against the NBA-leading Golden State Warriors Friday night. Coach Billy Donovan confirmed Vucevic will miss at least the entire trip after Vucevic landed in the league’s health and safety protocols on Thursday.

The Bulls are fully vaccinated. LaVine said players began getting tested daily following the second meeting against the 76ers over a four-day stretch last week. Three 76ers, including two who played in at least one of the matchups, have tested positive.

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bulls/bulls-brace-nikola-vucevics-absence-more-covid-19-testing?cid=sm_npd_rsn_chi_twt_mn
panthermark
RealGM
And1: 3,512

Post#162 » by panthermark » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:25 pm

Little Nathan wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'll be honest: I'm always down for wild stuff like that, can't help myself.

The Oompa Loompa line-up?

Jealousy is a sickness.......get well soon....
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,398

Post#163 » by Michael Jackson » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:34 pm

HomoSapien wrote:
StunnerKO wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:
I don't see any roster changes being made on the West Coast trip.

Not even a west coast thing it’s a change that should happen in general, Thomas roster spot was always on the line until Coby got healthy.

Yeah I agree. We must really be high on him, because we have much bigger needs.

We do have literal "bigger" needs. That being said 3pt shooting is a very big need for us too. If nothing else this says the FO has more concern about that than our lack of size.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,649

Post#164 » by sco » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:35 pm

panthermark wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:
Read on Twitter

The Oompa Loompa line-up?

Gimme Green 10 times out of 10 over Marko "Poor Man's Lauri" Simonovic.
:clap:
nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,886

Post#165 » by nomorezorro » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:46 pm

Little Nathan wrote:
Read on Twitter

i've been in favor of this for a while now when the matchup is right. our most talented players are guards and forwards. there are very few bench bigs who pose a legitimate post threat. go all-in on steals and transition buckets; it's probably not sustainable over an entire season but i really think it can be a useful lineup while we're short-handed
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
Nucky Thompson
Sixth Man
And1: 652

Post#166 » by Nucky Thompson » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:52 pm

Clint Eastwood wrote:
Nucky Thompson wrote:Big prayers up to Vuc as he battles this deadly runny nose/cough

Ignorant post alert. 5 million people worldwide have died form this runny nose/cough. Very few people have not had a connection to someone tragically affected by this global pandemic. And shame on the two people who liked this post as well.

lol total "virtue signaling" ^^^^^
nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,886

Post#167 » by nomorezorro » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:52 pm

like, against the warriors, what's more useful - having 5 guys on the floor who can switch onto steph if necessary, or having big bodies out there to neutralize kevon looney and draymond?
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,397

Post#168 » by fleet » Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:33 pm

FecesOfDeath wrote:For professional athletes in their 20s and 30s with world-class fitness levels, they're more likely to be negatively affected by the possible myocarditis and other heart condition side-effects from taking the vaccine than they would be from any symptoms of COVID-19.

That sounds completely made up
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,201

Post#169 » by HomoSapien » Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:40 pm

I'll officially no longer understand the NBA if Javonte Green is our center.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,398

Post#170 » by Michael Jackson » Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:51 pm

nomorezorro wrote:like, against the warriors, what's more useful - having 5 guys on the floor who can switch onto steph if necessary, or having big bodies out there to neutralize kevon looney and draymond?

Is Dray playing?
jordanwilliams6
Analyst
And1: 3,047

Post#171 » by jordanwilliams6 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:08 pm

:roll:
Michael Jackson wrote:
nomorezorro wrote:like, against the warriors, what's more useful - having 5 guys on the floor who can switch onto steph if necessary, or having big bodies out there to neutralize kevon looney and draymond?

Is Dray playing?

Nothing confirmed yet. Warriors have played OPJ at centre for stages this year so there’s no reason why we won’t see DJJ or JaVonte playing the C tonight. It’ll be a horses for courses situation depending on the matchups.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,308

Post#172 » by coldfish » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:12 pm

Clint Eastwood wrote:
Nucky Thompson wrote:Big prayers up to Vuc as he battles this deadly runny nose/cough

Ignorant post alert. 5 million people worldwide have died form this runny nose/cough. Very few people have not had a connection to someone tragically affected by this global pandemic. And shame on the two people who liked this post as well.

Since I am one of the two people that liked the post and should be "shamed", I have to respond.

First off, a whole lot more people than 5 million people died. Its estimated that 4m people died in India alone. The global death count on this is huge.
https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2021/07/20/1018438334/indias-pandemic-death-toll-estimated-at-about-4-million-10-times-the-official-co

A customer I was relatively close with died from covid just a few weeks ago. The first time someone is exposed to covid is extraordinarily serious. I just liked the post because once someone is vaccinated, a healthy person with a functional immune system has very low risk to the point where it really is just a cold. Given that this is going endemic, we are going to have to get used to that idea.
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,711

Post#173 » by madvillian » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:21 pm

coldfish wrote:
Clint Eastwood wrote:

Since I am one of the two people that liked the post and should be "shamed", I have to respond.

First off, a whole lot more people than 5 million people died. Its estimated that 4m people died in India alone. The global death count on this is huge.
https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2021/07/20/1018438334/indias-pandemic-death-toll-estimated-at-about-4-million-10-times-the-official-co

A customer I was relatively close with died from covid just a few weeks ago. The first time someone is exposed to covid is extraordinarily serious. I just liked the post because once someone is vaccinated, a healthy person with a functional immune system has very low risk to the point where it really is just a cold. Given that this is going endemic, we are going to have to get used to that idea.

Yea if Vuc wasn't vaccinated he would be almost certainly feeling a lot worse. When Rodgers was being interviewed last week it sounded like he was in pretty rough shape and was definitely having symptoms.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,543

Post#174 » by Andi Obst » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:30 pm

fleet wrote:
FecesOfDeath wrote:For professional athletes in their 20s and 30s with world-class fitness levels, they're more likely to be negatively affected by the possible myocarditis and other heart condition side-effects from taking the vaccine than they would be from any symptoms of COVID-19.

That’s because it is.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
GoBlue72391
General Manager
And1: 5,695

Post#175 » by GoBlue72391 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:12 am

fleet wrote:

No, it's true. It's also true that Democrats and actors consume the blood of children and that Hillary was hanged at Gitmo earlier this year /s
GoBlue72391
General Manager
And1: 5,695

Post#176 » by GoBlue72391 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:13 am

HomoSapien wrote:I'll officially no longer understand the NBA if Javonte Green is our center.

Imagine the center being the shortest player in the lineup, shorter than even our guards. Could we be on the brink of setting a new record?
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,083

Post#177 » by MrSparkle » Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:14 am

jordanwilliams6 wrote::roll:
Michael Jackson wrote:

Is Dray playing?

Nothing confirmed yet. Warriors have played OPJ at centre for stages this year so there’s no reason why we won’t see DJJ or JaVonte playing the C tonight. It’ll be a horses for courses situation depending on the matchups.

Hangtime = standing reach ? :dontknow:
pduh01
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,562

Post#178 » by pduh01 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:10 am

Want to vent missing Vuc have shown

And thanks to the 76ers organization have no responsibilities ok done venting
Check out my blogs
http://nbaanalytical.blogspot.com/ <-------NBA Analytical

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/phillip93
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,795

Post#179 » by Jcool0 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:41 am

Jcool0 wrote:
#1TKfan wrote:Bulls were winning when he wasn't playing well. This hurts, yeah, but next man up. Still got 4 wins on the WC trip.

No. He was playing well. He wasn't shooting well. This is going to hurt. Bulls dont have any kind of replacement for him.

I hate being right...
#1TKfan
General Manager
And1: 188

Post#180 » by #1TKfan » Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:20 pm

Jcool0 wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:
#1TKfan wrote:Bulls were winning when he wasn't playing well. This hurts, yeah, but next man up. Still got 4 wins on the WC trip.

No. He was playing well. He wasn't shooting well. This is going to hurt. Bulls dont have any kind of replacement for him.

I hate being right...

Lol. Come on now. Are you saying if Vuc was playing last night Bulls would have won? You're reaching.
Bradley looked timid. Hopefully he learned from it.
Still got 4 wins on this trip.

Return to Chicago Bulls