Image ImageImage Image

Vuc in Health and Safety Protocol (Shams: Will be out 10 days/6 games)

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Michael Jackson, Payt10, dougthonus, kulaz3000, Tommy Udo 6 , Ice Man, DASMACKDOWN, fleet, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper

User avatar
Clint Eastwood
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,593
And1: 822
Joined: Aug 13, 2004
Location: Taking my talents to South Beach (twice a day at times)

Re: Vuc in Health and Safety Protocol (Shams: Will be out 10 days/6 games) 

Post#181 » by Clint Eastwood » Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:26 pm

coldfish wrote:
Clint Eastwood wrote:
Nucky Thompson wrote:Big prayers up to Vuc as he battles this deadly runny nose/cough

Ignorant post alert. 5 million people worldwide have died form this runny nose/cough. Very few people have not had a connection to someone tragically affected by this global pandemic. And shame on the two people who liked this post as well.


Since I am one of the two people that liked the post and should be "shamed", I have to respond.

First off, a whole lot more people than 5 million people died. Its estimated that 4m people died in India alone. The global death count on this is huge.
https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2021/07/20/1018438334/indias-pandemic-death-toll-estimated-at-about-4-million-10-times-the-official-co

A customer I was relatively close with died from covid just a few weeks ago. The first time someone is exposed to covid is extraordinarily serious. I just liked the post because once someone is vaccinated, a healthy person with a functional immune system has very low risk to the point where it really is just a cold. Given that this is going endemic, we are going to have to get used to that idea.

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#global-counts-rates
Maybe im misinterpreting the data, but looks like deaths cumulative in India are around 462K. I don’t think a lot more than 5 million people died, but not really the point. Even at 5 mil, its been pretty awful we both obviously agree.

I can see your point about in vaccinated people it is more like a cold. And if that is what you like about the post, sorry for shaming you. However, vaccinated people can still die from this cold, but obviously at a very very reduced rate. It’s not 100% protective from severe disease.

My issue with the post is it seemed pretty insensitive and minimizing. If that was not the posters intent, ok, but the way it read seems like it was the intent. And since Nucky responded with an obnoxious response to me rather than explain why my response was unwarranted, I’m pretty sure im right on this one.
We have Martell Webster. He's called Kyle Korver here, and we shall love him and squeeze him and call him Ashton. -BrooklynBulls
User avatar
Clint Eastwood
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,593
And1: 822
Joined: Aug 13, 2004
Location: Taking my talents to South Beach (twice a day at times)

Re: Vuc in Health and Safety Protocol (Shams: Will be out 10 days/6 games) 

Post#182 » by Clint Eastwood » Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:35 pm

[*]
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Clint Eastwood wrote:
Nucky Thompson wrote:Big prayers up to Vuc as he battles this deadly runny nose/cough

Ignorant post alert. 5 million people worldwide have died form this runny nose/cough. Very few people have not had a connection to someone tragically affected by this global pandemic. And shame on the two people who liked this post as well.


lol total "virtue signaling" ^^^^^

Virtue signaling? Like there are multiple opinions on COVID’s impact on lives. Second ignorant post alert of yours in this thread. Congrats. I have no interest in pumping up my “moral correctness”. I have an interest in diminishing ignorant dangerous posts that minimize Covid-19. I see it everyday on the front lines, and it sickens me.
We have Martell Webster. He's called Kyle Korver here, and we shall love him and squeeze him and call him Ashton. -BrooklynBulls
User avatar
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
Posts: 51,227
And1: 11,238
Joined: Dec 22, 2004
Contact:
 

Re: Vuc in Health and Safety Protocol (Shams: Will be out 10 days/6 games) 

Post#183 » by dougthonus » Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:56 pm

fleet wrote:First its Vuc, pull your head out of your blank. Then, it is come back, Vuc.


Moved this to the Vuc thread:

There are kind of two separate points here and people will conflate them.

1: Vuc has played really bad so far relative to a guy making 20M and relative to the package we gave up to acquire him and relative to his reputation.

2: Vuc's backups have combined to play 2000 minutes in the league, so of course even playing badly Vuc is better than those guys, because they are barely hanging on in the NBA.

We absolutely need Vuc on this roster because there is no backdrop, I called him the most important piece in the off-season just because the drop off from him to everyone else is so huge due to our unbalanced roster construction. The fact that he is hugely important is a greater reason why we need him to play well and not a lesser reason.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
User avatar
Jcool0
RealGM
Posts: 10,616
And1: 6,565
Joined: Jul 12, 2014
Location: Illinois
         

Re: Vuc in Health and Safety Protocol (Shams: Will be out 10 days/6 games) 

Post#184 » by Jcool0 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:15 pm

#1TKfan wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:
No. He was playing well. He wasn't shooting well. This is going to hurt. Bulls dont have any kind of replacement for him.


I hate being right...


Lol. Come on now. Are you saying if Vuc was playing last night Bulls would have won? You're reaching.
Bradley looked timid. Hopefully he learned from it.
Still got 4 wins on this trip.


Stick to what you know, not what you think you know.
sco
RealGM
Posts: 18,761
And1: 5,641
Joined: Sep 22, 2003
Location: Virtually Everywhere!

Re: Vuc in Health and Safety Protocol (Shams: Will be out 10 days/6 games) 

Post#185 » by sco » Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:18 pm

dougthonus wrote:
fleet wrote:First its Vuc, pull your head out of your blank. Then, it is come back, Vuc.


Moved this to the Vuc thread:

There are kind of two separate points here and people will conflate them.

1: Vuc has played really bad so far relative to a guy making 20M and relative to the package we gave up to acquire him and relative to his reputation.

2: Vuc's backups have combined to play 2000 minutes in the league, so of course even playing badly Vuc is better than those guys, because they are barely hanging on in the NBA.

We absolutely need Vuc on this roster because there is no backdrop, I called him the most important piece in the off-season just because the drop off from him to everyone else is so huge due to our unbalanced roster construction. The fact that he is hugely important is a greater reason why we need him to play well and not a lesser reason.

I think most NBA teams that lose a key starters are much worse. In Vuc's case, we lose the ability to keep 2 scorers on the floor when Demar sits and important floor spacing that makes life much tougher for Demar to efficiently operate in the paint. I hate banking on Coby, but adding his scoring and shooting to the mix will help a lot.
:clap:
#1TKfan
General Manager
Posts: 9,465
And1: 166
Joined: Jan 06, 2006

Re: Vuc in Health and Safety Protocol (Shams: Will be out 10 days/6 games) 

Post#186 » by #1TKfan » Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:49 pm

Jcool0 wrote:
#1TKfan wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:
I hate being right...


Lol. Come on now. Are you saying if Vuc was playing last night Bulls would have won? You're reaching.
Bradley looked timid. Hopefully he learned from it.
Still got 4 wins on this trip.


Stick to what you know, not what you think you know.


Lol. Relax, jcool. It's not about knowing. No one on this board knows how it's going to be yet. First game against GS not enough to tell. Obviously, it's going to hurt. Like I said in my OP. This is strictly what I feel. I hope I'm right, man. Coming out with 4 Wins undermanned on this trip would be a successful trip, imo.
Vuc was missed last night. Don't get me wrong. But the way the game flow was, I just feel the outcome would have been the same. Steph and the Warriors weren't going be denied.
User avatar
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 54,406
And1: 26,587
Joined: Jun 11, 2004
Location: Right in the middle
   

Re: Vuc in Health and Safety Protocol (Shams: Will be out 10 days/6 games) 

Post#187 » by coldfish » Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:10 pm

Clint Eastwood wrote:
coldfish wrote:
Clint Eastwood wrote:Ignorant post alert. 5 million people worldwide have died form this runny nose/cough. Very few people have not had a connection to someone tragically affected by this global pandemic. And shame on the two people who liked this post as well.


Since I am one of the two people that liked the post and should be "shamed", I have to respond.

First off, a whole lot more people than 5 million people died. Its estimated that 4m people died in India alone. The global death count on this is huge.
https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2021/07/20/1018438334/indias-pandemic-death-toll-estimated-at-about-4-million-10-times-the-official-co

A customer I was relatively close with died from covid just a few weeks ago. The first time someone is exposed to covid is extraordinarily serious. I just liked the post because once someone is vaccinated, a healthy person with a functional immune system has very low risk to the point where it really is just a cold. Given that this is going endemic, we are going to have to get used to that idea.

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#global-counts-rates
Maybe im misinterpreting the data, but looks like deaths cumulative in India are around 462K. I don’t think a lot more than 5 million people died, but not really the point. Even at 5 mil, its been pretty awful we both obviously agree.

I can see your point about in vaccinated people it is more like a cold. And if that is what you like about the post, sorry for shaming you. However, vaccinated people can still die from this cold, but obviously at a very very reduced rate. It’s not 100% protective from severe disease.

My issue with the post is it seemed pretty insensitive and minimizing. If that was not the posters intent, ok, but the way it read seems like it was the intent. And since Nucky responded with an obnoxious response to me rather than explain why my response was unwarranted, I’m pretty sure im right on this one.


Quite frankly, I shouldn't have and 1'ed the post because it can be interpreted various ways. I was just frustrated because as soon as Vuc got going, he got quarantined for something that is going to amount to a cold for him. My opinions on covid in general are far more nuanced than "its just a cold" though.

And yeah, in these countries that are doing inadequate testing, the death counts far exceed what is posted. I have seen estimates that covid has killed 10's of millions of people around the world.
dice
RealGM
Posts: 38,776
And1: 10,810
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Location: chicago

Re: Vuc in Health and Safety Protocol (Shams: Will be out 10 days/6 games) 

Post#188 » by dice » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:40 pm

if the nba was still being played in the bubble, you could argue it would be justifiable to allow infected players to play
"'tupelo honey' has always existed. van was the vessel and the earthly vehicle for it" - bob dylan
WestsideResider
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,728
And1: 2,423
Joined: Jun 13, 2009
Location: Pulling the strings
 

Re: Vuc in Health and Safety Protocol (Shams: Will be out 10 days/6 games) 

Post#189 » by WestsideResider » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:31 am

Read on Twitter
I'm not here to argue.
pduh01
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 19,092
And1: 1,413
Joined: Jun 26, 2001
   

Re: Vuc in Health and Safety Protocol (Shams: Will be out 10 days/6 games) 

Post#190 » by pduh01 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:59 am

WestsideResider wrote:
Read on Twitter



By that rate he might missed the first home game against the Knicks

Well it seem that way but we see

Thanks 76ers
Check out my blogs
http://nbaanalytical.blogspot.com/ <-------NBA Analytical

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/phillip93
User avatar
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 19,354
And1: 4,700
Joined: Jun 15, 2001

Re: Vuc in Health and Safety Protocol (Shams: Will be out 10 days/6 games) 

Post#191 » by Michael Jackson » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:15 am

pduh01 wrote:
WestsideResider wrote:
Read on Twitter



By that rate he might missed the first home game against the Knicks

Well it seem that way but we see

Thanks 76ers



Yeah but luckily, no one else got in protocol. Huge plus. Sounds like Vuc caught a case though. If so I hope it doesn’t linger. Not like it did with Tatum.
d boy gentleman
Veteran
Posts: 2,780
And1: 876
Joined: Jun 02, 2009
     

Re: Vuc in Health and Safety Protocol (Shams: Will be out 10 days/6 games) 

Post#192 » by d boy gentleman » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:42 pm

So Vooch is not vaxxed?
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint, not with the league but with the local police. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,945
And1: 3,119
Joined: Feb 02, 2018
Location: Earth
   

Re: Vuc in Health and Safety Protocol (Shams: Will be out 10 days/6 games) 

Post#193 » by TheFinishSniper » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:55 pm

d boy gentleman wrote:So Vooch is not vaxxed?

Everyone on a team is vaxxed.
“If you were grading rebuilds and dropped in on the United Center on Wednesday night, you saw one team flying up the court, launching 3-pointers, sharing the ball and generally looking like it was having a lot of fun. And then you saw the Bulls.”
User avatar
PlayerUp
Veteran
Posts: 2,989
And1: 1,442
Joined: Feb 21, 2014
Contact:

Re: Vuc in Health and Safety Protocol (Shams: Will be out 10 days/6 games) 

Post#194 » by PlayerUp » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:35 pm

Need him back asap because Bradley is just a step up above Felicio. Pretty useless.
kodo
RealGM
Posts: 15,614
And1: 10,438
Joined: Oct 10, 2006
Location: Northshore Burbs

Re: Vuc in Health and Safety Protocol (Shams: Will be out 10 days/6 games) 

Post#195 » by kodo » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:30 pm

TheFinishSniper wrote:
d boy gentleman wrote:So Vooch is not vaxxed?

Everyone on a team is vaxxed.


Sixers who caught it were also vaxxed. And Tobias Harris had a rough time, according to Doc. Whatever version of this was going through the Sixers and hit Vuc went right through the vaccination and probably would have been much worse without it.
pduh01
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 19,092
And1: 1,413
Joined: Jun 26, 2001
   

Re: Vuc in Health and Safety Protocol (Shams: Will be out 10 days/6 games) 

Post#196 » by pduh01 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:33 pm

kodo wrote:
TheFinishSniper wrote:
d boy gentleman wrote:So Vooch is not vaxxed?

Everyone on a team is vaxxed.


Sixers who caught it were also vaxxed. And Tobias Harris had a rough time, according to Doc. Whatever version of this was going through the Sixers and hit Vuc went right through the vaccination and probably would have been much worse without it.


Might be the Delta Variant I could be wrong though
Check out my blogs
http://nbaanalytical.blogspot.com/ <-------NBA Analytical

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/phillip93
IliketheBullsNBearstoo
Analyst
Posts: 3,436
And1: 475
Joined: Sep 27, 2001
Location: The OC
     

Re: Vuc in Health and Safety Protocol (Shams: Will be out 10 days/6 games) 

Post#197 » by IliketheBullsNBearstoo » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:43 pm

PlayerUp wrote:Need him back asap because Bradley is just a step up above Felicio. Pretty useless.


What happened to the people that wanted to start Bradley over Vuc? :crazy:
GoBlue72391
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,833
And1: 2,197
Joined: Oct 26, 2009
     

Re: Vuc in Health and Safety Protocol (Shams: Will be out 10 days/6 games) 

Post#198 » by GoBlue72391 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:15 pm

IliketheBullsNBearstoo wrote:
PlayerUp wrote:Need him back asap because Bradley is just a step up above Felicio. Pretty useless.


What happened to the people that wanted to start Bradley over Vuc? :crazy:

I think Bradley is one of those guys who is pretty good coming off the bench, but for whatever reason is totally in over his head as a starter. He's looked like two totally different players: Bench Bradley and Starter Bradley. He's a guy who can contribute in a 10-15 minute role but gets exposed as a starter. Same for Green, though to a lesser extent.
MrSparkle
RealGM
Posts: 18,433
And1: 7,517
Joined: Jul 31, 2003
Location: chicago

Re: Vuc in Health and Safety Protocol (Shams: Will be out 10 days/6 games) 

Post#199 » by MrSparkle » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:48 pm

I wasn't even sure whether to take the "Start Bradley" thread seriously. It was a drunken Oktoberfest joke, right?
Chi town
RealGM
Posts: 20,603
And1: 5,073
Joined: Aug 10, 2004

Re: Vuc in Health and Safety Protocol (Shams: Will be out 10 days/6 games) 

Post#200 » by Chi town » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:41 pm

I’m hoping Knicks game Vuc is back and can play 20mins.

Return to Chicago Bulls